Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

I laugh when I hear anyone say their problem is they need to establish Zeke. That fucker fumbles at least once a game now as is.  

The other issue is our OL is pretty much garbage..... I wouldn't mind a little more running but Garrett used to love to run on first down all the time.  That's fine when you average 5 yards a pop.  That's not our ability anymore.

I know this whole team is shit but if dak was a true leader (and all great/franchise qbs are) then he should be in everyones ass. Show some passion! He just jogs off the field and sits on the sidelines like a reg player. We all know the team looks to the qb for leadership.
Dak aint got it. Sorry it hurts yalls feelings.
Hes 1 of many problems but he should be doing more and being more vocal.

24 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

How many possessions has this team faces vs that team? I would be interested to know that number. When your defense is bad you don't want to expose them like this by going so fast on offense. Especially since going fast tends to lead to more mistakes. They had a 14 -7 lead then gave up a TD. Then Dak fumbled and that turned into a TD. Then immediately Zeke fumbled and that's a TD. Now 28-14 and they're forced to throw it a ton which leads to big stats but not many wins. 

Congratulations to Dak for surpassing Romo for ability to put up massive garbage time stats when losing by a ton and the other team takes the foot off the gas. Seriously though he deserves a better team around him. 

• Week 1: Giants had 14 possessions (W)
  • Week 2: Chiefs had 11 possessions (L)
  • Week 3: Rams had 12 possessions (W)
  • Week 4: Chargers had 11 possessions (L)
  • TOTAL: 48 opponent possessions

• Week 1: Rams had 11 possessions (L)
  • Week 2: Falcons had 12 possessions (W)
  • Week 3: Seahawks had 14 possessions (L)
  • Week 4: Browns had 13 possessions (L)
  • TOTAL: 50 opponent possessions
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

• Week 1: Giants had 14 possessions (W)
  • Week 2: Chiefs had 11 possessions (L)
  • Week 3: Rams had 12 possessions (W)
  • Week 4: Chargers had 11 possessions (L)
  • TOTAL: 48 opponent possessions

• Week 1: Rams had 11 possessions (L)
  • Week 2: Falcons had 12 possessions (W)
  • Week 3: Seahawks had 14 possessions (L)
  • Week 4: Browns had 13 possessions (L)
  • TOTAL: 50 opponent possessions

So about the same. Hilarious how bad this defense looks. The 2 best players are a guy who hasn't played in 5 years and a 2nd/3rd string linebacker

7 minutes ago, C-Man said:

The Cowboys posted 308 of their 566 total yards after falling behind 41-14 with 0:40 left in the third. Of Dak's 508 yards passing, 280 came after his team fell behind the CLEVELAND BROWNS, 41-14.

And the offense got Dallas back into the game with plenty of time to win but the D could not only make a stop but gave up a TD....on the first play...on a WR end around lol

2 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Wish the sports media would call Jones out for the GM failure that he is and just stop asking him any questions because who cares what he says anymore?  He has no credibility.  Enough of this jackass. 

Call him out for what? Every NFL person will say Dallas has the on the field talent to be a top 5 team. So if the GMs job is to build the talent, then that has been done. Also the sports media trashes Jones on a daily basis lol. 

1 hour ago, txbroadcaster said:

The offense is going on the field knowing it has to score every drive. They had a fumble because OL got beat like a drum and a fumble that was kinda flukish in how it happen, the rest of the game the only reason Dallas had any life left was the offense. 

I've seen teams win with mediocre offensive lines, but you need a coach who can leverage what you've got. I suspect that we'll see the Browns get shellacked about five times this year, and it will be because their opponent had a better coach. That's the story of our lives. McCarthy is Jason Garrett, 2.0. Give him one of the best QBs in football and he'll do alright, but ask him to be innovative or to inspire his fucking team to play at 120%, not so much. Coach Bump on a Log.

59 minutes ago, C-Man said:

The Cowboys posted 308 of their 566 total yards after falling behind 41-14 with 0:40 left in the third. Of Dak's 508 yards passing, 280 came after his team fell behind the CLEVELAND BROWNS, 41-14.

once Cleveland quit playing Dallas was pretty damn good.

Missed the onsider, but I didn't need to see it. Conventional wisdom there is to kick away. Yes, I've watched football for a few years more than McCarthy, but how is it that someone who lives this sport doesn't know that you kick away and put the pressure on Cleveland's offense, in their own fucking territory? McCarthy is average at best. We are so fucked. (Once again.)

When a team is trying to kill the clock, they limit their options. They're far less likely to pass on first and second down, and when they do, they don't throw to the sidelines. Yes, you're behind and you still need to make a play, but the odds that a pass will fall incomplete or get knocked down are far better than recovering an onside kick, especially one you haven't practiced at all (apparently.)

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

1 hour ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Another fucking offense that can't do shit until the opponent goes into a prevent defense. I'm so goddamn glad that Jerry took the time to interview the best coaches in the nation for one of the premier coaching jobs in the entire world before settling for a fucking coach with a list of concerns a mile long.

So was Rodgers holding McCarthy back, or was McCarthy holding Rodgers back? Uh huh.

Yep.  Can’t do shit.  Had 250+ yards of offense in the first half and that was with turning it over on first down 2 straight drives. 

4 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

I've seen teams win with mediocre offensive lines, but you need a coach who can leverage what you've got. I suspect that we'll see the Browns get shellacked about five times this year, and it will be because their opponent had a better coach. That's the story of our lives. McCarthy is Jason Garrett, 2.0. Give him one of the best QBs in football and he'll do alright, but ask him to be innovative or to inspire his fucking team to play at 120%, not so much. Coach Bump on a Log.

The team is full of grown men being paid well...They should not need a coach to "inspire" them 

you know what the difference is between dak and a good quarterback?  good quarterbacks put up their stats when it counts, not when games are already lost.  dak has great numbers but he doesn’t win the games that matter.  his apologists are the saddest group of gibbons on the planet. 

Edited by futureman
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, futureman said:

you know what the difference is between dak and a good quarterback?  good quarterbacks put up their stats when it counts, not when games are already lost.  dak has great numbers but he doesn’t win the games that matter.  his apologists are the saddest group of gibbons on the planet. 

i'm on it i got this GIF by Great Big Story

who’s gonna take the bait? 

• Hook 'Em 2

It could be worse. The Texans are 0-4 and don’t have a first or second round pick next year in the draft. They gave those to Miami. BoB is apparently experimenting with playcalling now. I am not saying the Texans      Go 0-16. But they aren’t winning the division and will have a high draft pick next year and can’t use it. It could be worse. 

I really don’t understand the troll accusations at all.  this isn’t a stafford in detroit situation; the roster here is good.  we have fucking elite players at multiple skill positions and had one of the best OL in the game up until this season.  up until this season the defense was certainly good enough to win, if you have a competent quarterback to steer the ship.  he was giftwrapped everything he needed to succeed and he’s missed the playoffs in half his seasons and scraped his way to one wild card win.  he is very simply not that good, and this chorus of idiots who insist otherwise is both sad and strange. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Best team Dak has had was his rookie year and in the 1st playoff game the Cowboys defense gave up almost 40.

When you are gonna go 30 years without a conference championship appearance you gotta blame the GM/owner. Romo? Dak? Who gives a shit. The owner gives out huge deals to worthless bums like Jaylon Smith over and over.

10 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Best team Dak has had was his rookie year and in the 1st playoff game the Cowboys defense gave up almost 40.

When you are gonna go 30 years without a conference championship appearance you gotta blame the GM/owner. Romo? Dak? Who gives a shit. The owner gives out huge deals to worthless bums like Jaylon Smith over and over.

To be fair, that nfc divisional game was straight out of the cowboys playbook. Offense starting out slow, we get the doors blown off us in the first half, and the offense does just enough to give us a chub, but ultimately not quite enough. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I really don't know where you go from here.  This is a fucking disaster.  The notion of anybody claiming they have any confidence on the defensive side of the ball (coach, scheme, players) with a straight face is laughable.  Not doing anything this week and trotting that back out samesie next weekend is going to be another in a long long line of Jerry insults to anybody who considers themselves a fan of this team.  

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Like 1

Imagine having 18pts in the late stages of the game and having a lead. Goff only managed 17pts against the shit ass Giants today and got a win by 8. Meanwhile we needed 50pts today to even get a 1pt win against the Browns.

And as I typed this, Eagles just got a pick 6 that will seal the game. 

But the moronic mouth breathers will still deflect blame elsewhere.

13 hours ago, futureman said:

13 hours ago, futureman said:

I really don’t understand the troll accusations at all.  this isn’t a stafford in detroit situation; the roster here is good.  we have fucking elite players at multiple skill positions and had one of the best OL in the game up until this season.  up until this season the defense was certainly good enough to win, if you have a competent quarterback to steer the ship.  he was giftwrapped everything he needed to succeed and he’s missed the playoffs in half his seasons and scraped his way to one wild card win.  he is very simply not that good, and this chorus of idiots who insist otherwise is both sad and strange. 

a1KD0A6_460s.jpg