Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

20 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Like I said, I loved him early and still want him as this team's leader.  I just hope he can get it done when it matters in games the most.  

So until he scores 50 points a game, he isn't good enough. That is the reality we are facing with this defense.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I don't think this is accurate according to over the cap dot com, but if so he's gotta go. 

Pretty sure it is actually..... at least with over the cap.  The key is post June 1st cut.  His pro-rated bonus is 2.6 no matter what and he has high salaries.  

BoB has been fired in Houston.

• Hook 'Em 1

If Dak walked out two things that would be painful- If we turn into the Jets, Jags, Broncos, Bears etc that draft QBs for a decade and have no real hope going to every season.

2nd- If he went to a team like the Patriots and they roll off 12 or 13 wins a year cause they actually have a defense, special teams, and a coaching staff. 

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

There are people who hate Dak and will blame him for every single loss and give him no credit. I don't even bother replying to them anymore. They are just trolling at this point. Every mistake is magnified for him because he gets zero help from his defense and special teams. We get no turnovers or any big special teams plays. And the defense lets any turnover into points. At some point, step up and make stop. Fucking pussy ass defense.

The fact we score so many points starting in overall terrible field position is amazing in itself.

That's the crazy part.  The offense has to be PERFECT for them to win these games, and has to drive 80 yards a drive to score on 99% of their drives to do it and they're STILL scoring among the best in the league despite it.

Yes the stats are inflated because they're behind, but you can't discredit him because LOTS of teams have been behind double digits in the history of the NFL and they haven't done what this offense has.

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

You obviously don't read this thread much because your first assertion is false.  But he's not a savior, but really no QBs are.  They're often given too much credit for winning as a team and too much blame for losing as a team.  Example is DeShaun Watson.  Is he elite?  Most folks would have agreed before this season that he was.  Texans are 0-4 and they haven't scored more than 23 points in any game.  Is he suddenly a bad QB?  Did the money change him?  Of course not, but he's saddled with a leaky OL, is without his #1 WR who was traded away and generally being undercut by a HC moonlighting as a de facto GM, who is one of the worst player pro in the league.  But their defense is still better than ours.

Exactly this.  When the Cowboys win, of course they did...look at them weapons.  When they lose...of course they did, Dak isn't good enough.

It's so dumb.

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Well, Dak's price tag can be attributed to our front office failures and somewhat Dak, who keeps betting on himself and winning, so he's not necessarily at fault.  Two offseasons ago, it was we don't want to pay him 25 million AAV on some 4-5 year deal because he's not worth it.  25m for QBs not over 40 is the Derek Carr/Alex Smith territory.  But we waited because he needed to prove it.  Midway through last year, he's having a good year but team is just meh.  30m for 4/5 years good enough?  I mean we want to get this done before Wentz, Goff and far off Mahomes and Watson deals remake the market.  Nope, let's wait it out.  And so on, so on, and so on.  So, a lot of this market pain from trying to sign him to an extension is self induced from Jerrah and Stephen, who have continued to be a terrible management duo. 

I guess the silver lining for folks who are hoping Dak has out priced himself for the Cowboys is if the overall team continues to play this poorly, we're going to have a top 10 pick.  If Dak goes down, we'll have a top 3-4 pick.  So, we could essentially be in the Tank for Trevor conversation (doubtful), but definitely in the Fail for Fields convo, which is more realistic.....

If Dallas gets a Top 10 pick that means they need to draft the best defender(that's not a LB) they can get there, and another one in the 30's.  And then another one at 65 or whatever.

They should NOT be tanking for a QB...unless they truly are stupid enough to let a Franchise QB walk.  

That's what this fanbase doesn't realize.  We had what? 5 years between Aikmen and Romo...with one or so decent QB's seasons and a playoff birth between.  Then we've been on a 15 year run with Romo and Dak who are have been darn good to great at times.  We've absolutely been spoiled to the point where some of these clowns seriously think tanking for a QB to replace the guy we got is a smart move.

Sure you could get Mahomes(who went MUCH later than his worth) or they could get Rosen or Darnold or Mariotta or Winston or Goff or Wentz or whatever other Top 5 picked QB.

3 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Literally nobody makes Dak out to be any sort of savior.  The money that he'll ultimately get is simply a function of the league today and what the position commands for pretty much any top 10 to 12 QB once he reaches the end of a contract. The fact that some people can't reconcile this fact with what they perceive to be a QBs worth doesn't matter nor does it make the above any less true. 

Pretty much facts too.  It has NOTHING to do with what YOU think they're worth. It's what they're worth on the market and whos up next. Dak has not only earned what he's going to get, he deserves it.

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

I do think the escalating contract prices, especially in the shadow of what Mahomes signed factor in, but he's got a hell of a lot of flag bearers that suffered through the post-Aikman QB years that seem to contend he is easily one of the top QB's in the league, that I do not agree with.  

He's easily a Top 10 QB in the league right NOW.  Maybe not his entire career, but today? Absolutely.

32 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

If Dak walked out two things that would be painful- If we turn into the Jets, Jags, Broncos, Bears etc that draft QBs for a decade and have no real hope going to every season.

2nd- If he went to a team like the Patriots and they roll off 12 or 13 wins a year cause they actually have a defense, special teams, and a coaching staff. 

Ugh, all of this. He'll go to a better run organization and maybe even a team with less talent, and still put up great production and wins.

this par for the course with the Jones crew.  Jimmy Johnson aint walking through that door.

you could get to the playoffs with this O and Dak because he is between a good QB and a very good QB. he still has some turnovers and takes some bad sacks, but the defense is a complete abomination and special team is special.

McCarthy is not a good enough coach to fix the disaster that this defense is, during the season.  no one can.  its over for this year.  They should beat the Giants but the Eagles are going to get better over the course of the year.  I'm thinking 5 wins is probably the top.  The OL is below average unless it is at full strength.  they ran out of luck there and Connor Williams is a bust.

jaylon smith needs to be cut yesterday but they can't.  there has to be some FA LB's that they can plug in.

This is very possible. Several solid organizations will need a QB in the near future. NE, NO, Pit, Chi, Ind.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Makes everyone feel confident....

Lordy...

And Taco Charlton has one more sack and turnover caused than DLaw does this year (and no I don't think Taco is better).  Ugh.

so Nolan thinks Jaylon has "improved"?  He's not supposed to be improving Mike, he's making 12M a year.  did Jerry's hand up your ass make you say that?

6 minutes ago, futureman said:

I was not aware that jack was playing so well.  that’s a tough one, pal. 

He had a pretty badass play last week where he got caught covering someone he had no business covering, and he was stride for stride like he was a veteran corner. It was something Jaylen smith couldn’t pull off in his wildest dreams.

4 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Was haha Clinton dix seriously worse than the 2 no name pieces of garbage at corner now?  I don’t think those 2 could start for Texas 

Ha Ha is a safety, not a corner.  One could ask if he's better than Thompson who's already gotten benched, but then again, after getting cut, nobody has picked up Ha Ha.  That's pretty damning too.

12 hours ago, dcar00 said:

so Nolan thinks Jaylon has "improved"?  He's not supposed to be improving Mike, he's making 12M a year.  did Jerry's hand up your ass make you say that?

Jaylon Smith looks like he's playing hard because he's always running at full speed trying to get back into the play that he ran himself out of, because he doesn't know what the fuck he is doing. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

This is exactly why I thought our offensive line was going to be fine if everyone was healthy. When smith is on the field, he’s still really fucking good. He isn’t the best tackle in the league anymore like he’s been for most of his career, but he’s still one of the best. Couple that with the best guard in football and one of the best RT in football and I felt like the rest would work itself out to the tune of a top 5 oline. It all went to shit with these injuries. I will still plant my flag and say this would’ve been a top 5 line. You can’t move me off of that lol. 

9 hours ago, TornACL said:

Jaylon Smith looks like he's playing hard because he's always running at full speed trying to get back into the play that he ran himself out of, because he doesn't know what the fuck he is doing. 

Jaylon Smith looks like he’s playing hard because he’s really slow and he takes the angles that a fast player would take. 

13 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Jaylon Smith looks like he’s playing hard because he’s really slow and he takes the angles that a fast player would take. 

No.  He’s actually pretty damn fast.   It’s just hard to look fast when you’ve read the play wrong and scraped 7 yards the wrong way and have to make up that ground plus the other 15 to be where you’re supposed to be.   

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

No.  He’s actually pretty damn fast.   It’s just hard to look fast when you’ve read the play wrong and scraped 7 yards the wrong way and have to make up that ground plus the other 15 to be where you’re supposed to be.   

He's got good straight line speed.  He's slow af if with lateral movements.

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Fair. Whatever it is, it sucks. 

11 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Randy Gregory is back at practice. 

LVE also returning soon

Maybe we can be the 31st ranked defense instead of dead last?

I think we'll see some drastic improvement during the quarter and a half LVE plays before hurting himself again.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

LVE also returning soon

Man if they can legit get to the 22nd ranked defense, they'll probably win games.

3 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

LVE also returning soon

Great news for LVE to get back out there but he's returning to practice, he's reportedly a long way from getting in a game.  3-4 weeks a least.  There is some hope Anthony Brown may be able to play this week.

Wouldn't be shocked if LVE doesn't return until after the BYE.

Brown news: