Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

I don't know where he ranks among QBs and really don't care. I'm a huge Dak fan. Get him well and put a team around him (including coaching staff) and don't waste his talents for a decade like they did Romo.

Edited by DougO
  • Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

That and the Eagles OL was really really good the year they won the SB. Both Wentz and Foles looked great behind them.

----

These fuckers never learn to stfu and let the play show what the guy can do. Aldon Smith fortunately lived up to it but they said this shit about griffin and lawrence and those guys suck ass

Edited by Wanker Bob

4 hours ago, DougO said:

The Cowboys now have about 14 defensive ends on the roster. Couldn't they maybe trade a few of them for an interior DL or an offensive tackle that isn't total garbage?

Dallas doesn't give a shit about the interior, you know, the part of the line that the QB hates the most when pressure comes from there and it helps contain the run game from the opposing. It's all about rushing the QB from the edge!!! Who cares about DT or safety. Those aren't sexy and are boring according to this front office. We use draft resources and free agent resources on all these DBs and DEs but ignore our biggest weakness up the middle.

By my count, after 6 weeks there is one 0-6 team, seven 1-5 teams, and two 1-4-1 teams. So even losing tomorrow, Dallas will be ahead of at least 10 teams in the draft order.  Jets have the easiest path to #1 I think, with the chargers next. The East teams all have to play each other so many more times, and I think the eagles will come out ahead of that but Dallas, wash, and nyg might each get a share of those wins and miss out on the top of the draft board. 
it’s a bad year to try for draft position. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

We win tonight, like 34-30. Defense looks good and terrible at times and Dalton, Cooper and Zeke come to play. 

I don’t fully buy the “we won’t miss a beat without Dak” commentary, but Dalton will be fine, I bet. Somehow we enter bye week at 5-4. I still think 10-6 is possible and believe we'll be 9-7. 

Famous last words, but I kind of agree. Arizona isn’t good. Neither are we but they have a lot of the same issues that we have. Even with Dalton we should be able to move the offense at will. That is, if we don’t get “primetime” Dalton of course. Because that was absolutely a thing for most of his career. 

im sure well fuck it up, but if we can win tonight the next two are definitely winnable. But just because I feel unusually confident we’ll probably get our asses kicked 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Famous last words, but I kind of agree. Arizona isn’t good. Neither are we but they have a lot of the same issues that we have. Even with Dalton we should be able to move the offense at will. That is, if we don’t get “primetime” Dalton of course. Because that was absolutely a thing for most of his career. 

im sure well fuck it up, but if we can win tonight the next two are definitely winnable. But just because I feel unusually confident we’ll probably get our asses kicked 

lolwut

3 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

lolwut

Lol hey man. How was I supposed to know Zeke was broken. We’ve finally started moving the ball and we were slowing down their overrated offense. The recipe was there, but we would beat ourselves even if we played OU so I should’ve known that.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Lol hey man. How was I supposed to know Zeke was broken. We’ve finally started moving the ball and we were slowing down their overrated offense. The recipe was there, but we would beat ourselves even if we played OU so I should’ve known that.

I was hearing on the radio a couple of weeks ago that there was some real fear that this fumbling thing was a form of the yips (e.g. Tiki Barber-itis) that can actually be existential as a threat for running backs if they don't get right with it immediately. Someone mentioned when he was a rookie they practiced with a ball that would squeak if you were holding it correctly (Zeke was asked and said they don't do that anymore or haven't for a while), but he needs two weeks of nothing but ball handling drills and fumbling drills or a psychiatrist. STAT.

6 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

We win tonight, like 34-30. Defense looks good and terrible at times and Dalton, Cooper and Zeke come to play. 

I don’t fully buy the “we won’t miss a beat without Dak” commentary, but Dalton will be fine, I bet. Somehow we enter bye week at 5-4. I still think 10-6 is possible and believe we'll be 9-7. 

Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clown as usual.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Turns out Futureman didn't know what he's talking about. Next.

I’ve explained the facts in the other thread. dalton got less support in that game than dak ever did.  gallup catches the td, refs call the PI on that pick, zeke holds the ball, dalton wins this game going away.  period end of story. nobody’s ever mistaken you for being smart so I don’t expect you to be able to see past the score. 

Edited by futureman

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Not like anyone ever wondered, but it’s always great to have futureman’s stupidity just bare it’s ass for all to see. There’s a reason he spends all his time just trolling Surly. His serious takes turn out like this. 

dalton had to bring us back from dak’s bullshit to win last week so let’s call him 1-1.  same winning percentage as dak last year.  and considerably better than dak this year.  he’s the better quarterback.

this isn’t hard.