The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

Barr said that in order for it to be “illegal” to collude in distributing hacked material, the colluder would of also had to have participated in the hacking.  Then states there was no evidence of “illegal” collusion.  Tricky.

That defense doesn’t even work for my 7 yr old. I don’t care that you told your little brother (2) to hit your sister (5). Your ass is getting busted.
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Bullshit.  Post it.  Or shut the fuck up.  If I said that, I will never post on the politics board again.  If I did not, you don't.   Deal?

No deal. I enjoy your posts too much. Especially now that swammy is gone or in hiding.

I’ll look for it later though if it’ll make you happy. 

1 minute ago, Brandywine said:

I’m really surprised Barr let this much of the report be released. I thought it might be 400 pages of black bars with a few words exposed.

I am wondering how Mueller convinced him to release as much as he did.

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It wasn't a descent -- he was there all along.  He just hid it.

What's sad is that the more reasonable voices on this board across the political spectrum never stepped in to police the right out nonsense being propagated here. 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Bullshit.  You just neg people you disagree with.  Like immortal for posting "Wow, this has gotta be disappointing for you guys."

You are such a pussy, old man. 

40 is old? Damn.

Sorry you care so much about meaningless shit like internet rep. if only you cared for this country as much.

Just now, Anastasis said:

What's sad is that the more reasonable voices on this board across the political spectrum never stepped in to police the right out nonsense being propagated here. 

You mean like your conspiracy nonsense?  I agree.  Sad.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He has advisors who don’t want to go to jail for him.   Or find their careers completely ruined.  

Just saw this:  "THe President's efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but hat is largely because the persons who surrounded the President declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests." 

LLLL  OOOOO LLLLL.  The report acknowledges a presidency was saved by ohokayjlaw.gif.

3 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Just saw this:  "THe President's efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but hat is largely because the persons who surrounded the President declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests." 

This highlights the biggest issue I have with Trump. He's been CEO of "Trump, Inc" for so long, he thinks he can just push/boss people around because "It's my company". He's a bull in a china shop.

10 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I am wondering how Mueller convinced him to release as much as he did.

Barr indicated in recent Congressional testimony that he was not personally involved in the redaction process.  DOJ had a "redaction team" working in concert with SCO.  The report appears to have been written in a way to allow continuity for public consumption with enough loose ends in the form of redactions to let you know that there's a boatload of trouble looming in the form of 14 ongoing investigations handed over by Mueller to US Attys.  

Additionally, I'm wondering what those known multiple separate Mueller summaries say (which also were intended for public release) that Barr has refused reveal.  Do they contain additional or different substance apart from the Muller report proper ?

Edited by triplehorn

11 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

In addition to everything else you've said in here recently, this is bullshit. Most of us pretty much immediately dismissed the Louise Mensch-type nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

This highlights the biggest issue I have with Trump. He's been CEO of "Trump, Inc" for so long, he thinks he can just push/boss people around because "It's my company". He's a bull in a china shop.

But I will add this. He was elected by the people because he was "an outsider". 2020 is gonna be lit. 

41 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Also, despite the refrain that Trump's administration is just a bunch of retards, it seems like while Trump is an indisputable retard, he has some decent advisers.

who either resigned or have been fired. Talk about a thankless job, trying to protect the President from himself. And how are you thanked?

Edited by yoladu

9 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

In addition to everything else you've said in here recently, this is bullshit. Most of us pretty much immediately dismissed the Louise Mensch-type nonsense. 

A high bar indeed.

dbc44090cece7820276a9a2f656200e1.gif

ETA: To Hugo's credit I will acknowledge that he was pretty much always a Mensch skeptic when triple was peddling her shit. 

Edited by Anastasis

i really don't understand why the r's are sticking with the whole "see, i told you, it was nothing all along."

if it was my side, i would be like, "haha you dumbfucks, we got away with it, and we'll continue to get away with it, we can do whatever we want no matter what!"

are people really in that much denial that the entire thing was actually a "which hunt"?  i mean, really?

it's the living embodiment of the "trump is in a slippery situation" meme.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

LLLL  OOOOO LLLLL.  The report acknowledges a presidency was saved by ohokayjlaw.gif.

Trump was used to working with people from NYC.   People in Washington were not nearly as loyal to him as the NYCers, and they obviously knew he’d roll on them in a heartbeat.   Sounds like it was driving him nuts that people like Christie were telling him to back off.  

Just now, henrygandorf said:

i really don't understand why the r's are sticking with the whole "see, i told you, it was nothing all along."

if it was my side, i would be like, "haha you dumbfucks, we got away with it, and we'll continue to get away with it, we can do whatever we want no matter what!"

are people really in that much denial that the entire thing was actually a "which hunt"?  i mean, really?

it's the living embodiment of the "trump is in a slippery situation" meme.

I think if I was a Trump supporter, I'd be pointing out the "No Collusion" thing which the report seems to make clear. Then I'd say "Obstruction is dumb because there was no collusion, so there is no crime". 

At least that's what I expect to hear if I turn on FOX News/Rush Limbaugh. 

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

Very late stage VAPA-ish

Meh.  I was going to get called lots of names either way this whole conspiracy theory broke apparently. "VAPA-ish" doesn't even warm it up for me. But I do appreciate a "late stage" kicker.  I am actually a little surprised that some of the real committed wingnuts aren't ready to dial it down a bit.  I'd like to think that if the grand conspiracy delusions that were peddled here for the last two years had shaken out, for example that Trump campaign payoffs in Prague or content development and micro targeting coordination had been verified, that I would be man enough to take my medicine.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump was used to working with people from NYC.   People in Washington were not nearly as loyal to him as the NYCers, and they obviously knew he’d roll on them in a heartbeat.   Sounds like it was driving him nuts that people like Christie were telling him to back off.  

No question. He's a bully. He's used to telling people what to do and them doing it, regardless. It's the NY way. Grease the politicians, get it done.

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Meh.  I was going to get called lots of names either way this whole conspiracy theory broke apparently. "VAPA-ish" doesn't even warm it up for me. But I do appreciate a "late stage" kicker.  I am actually a little surprised that some of the real committed wingnuts aren't ready to dial it down a bit.  I'd like to think that if the grand conspiracy delusions that were peddled here for the last two years had shaken out, for example that Trump campaign payoffs in Prague or content development and micro targeting coordination had been verified, that I would be man enough to take my medicine.  

you can be relieved that it turns out he's just incredibly inept and stupid - which we knew all along.

This fucking thread man.  If you are a Republican and read that report and are proud of your vote for that guy and the actions detailed in that report - that's on you.  If you are a Democrat and think the leadership of the party is going to wake up now and move forward with impeachment - that's on you.  Until we get campaign finance reform and/or a legitimate third party, the wheel will spin on and on...... 

• Like 8

First, note that even though there's been some House chatter today about getting Mueller in front of Congress ASAP, Nadler is holding to the sequence of Barr then Mueller.   It's important because of the numerous contradictions between Barr accounts and the Mueller report so evident today.  Get Barr out there first so he doesn't tailor his responses off of Mueller.  Barr is awfully smooth, but having his ruse exposed takes him down a few pegs.

Second, I'll be very interested to see if any farmed-out prosecutions move during the 2 weeks until Barr testifies May 2nd.  Announcing further indictments could further substantiate Mueller's report and seriousness of outstanding matters, and highlight the extent to which Barr will have to account for his brazen stance of acting as Trump's personal defense attorney.

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don't follow this as closely as some, but I'd need to know which investigations were on-going before I wrote anything off.  maybe you can, and Manafort and Stone and Gates et al do not involve those topics.    I don't know enough about the investigations to know if there is any linkage to your bolded quote or not.   

BTW, when VAPA went off the reservation at the end he started posting gifs and jpgs as posts ( mostly from House of Cards ), rather than post content.   That is what I was referencing.