Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

45 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Katy. He has ties to fucking Katy and he's going to A&M. It's Whoopception. 

This shit rolling out about his recruiting prowess is coming from fucking Hamm and Billy FFS. Getting 4* kids from Louisiana to choose LSU isn't exactly "recruiting". Look at his classes and OkState and compare them to previous OL coaches at OkState. He may well be a good OL coach and developer and being an upgrade over The Marine is a fucking given but don't read too much into his time at OkState -- it's clear that Gundy is the straw that stirs the drinks and staff members can come and go but that dude remains and keeps getting it done and the offense never really changes. 

I remember when I was excited Joe Wickline was coming to Texas...worked out real fucking well lol 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 1:28 PM, Scholz said:

No.  I eat a hunk of cheese with apple pie.

Cheese with apple pie is a traditional treat and accompaniment and accepted by Michelin chefs and home cooks alike.  That Cincinnati tripe is a crime against gastronomy and good taste in general.  Yes, you can have too much cheese.  Not often, but sometimes.  But that is just the visible part of the iceberg of this titanic culinary tragedy.

OK State's OL metrics these last 3 years:

'18 Line yards-68th Sack rate-60th

'17 Line yards-53rd Sack rate-36th

'16 Line yards-87th Sack rate-72nd

Granted, I think he was just an "offensive analyst" in '16. 

Missouri's OL metrics under Henson:

'15 Line yards-101st Sack rate-85th

'14 Line yards-24th Sack Rate-51st

Henson is meh at best in terms of developing OL. 

I’m surprised jimbo went with a bdf corch when he’s been fielding unsolicited calls from nfl OL coaches begging for jobs. 

I wonder if those calls stopped right around the time the job came available. 

And apparently had to(or chose to unnecessarily) give Henson a big raise for the same job. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m surprised jimbo went with a bdf corch when he’s been fielding unsolicited calls from nfl OL coaches begging for jobs. 

I wonder if those calls stopped right around the time the job came available. 

And apparently had to(or chose to unnecessarily) give Henson a big raise for the same job. 

Henson is an OSU alumnus. I think he's making $600K at A&M vs. $420K at OSU.

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Well when those guys realized who exactly they would be following and the level of Xs and Os acumen that would be expected of them, well nobody was brave enough.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

OK State's OL metrics these last 3 years:

'18 Line yards-68th Sack rate-60th

'17 Line yards-53rd Sack rate-36th

'16 Line yards-87th Sack rate-72nd

Granted, I think he was just an "offensive analyst" in '16. 

Missouri's OL metrics under Henson:

'15 Line yards-101st Sack rate-85th

'14 Line yards-24th Sack Rate-51st

Henson is meh at best in terms of developing OL. 

If this is the only metric you use to grade an OL coach just STFU. Same shit was said about Hand last year. 

18 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

If this is the only metric you use to grade an OL coach just STFU. Same shit was said about Hand last year. 

I would say those metrics did a decent job of projecting what Hand would do at Texas. 

25th in adjusted line yards in '17 at Auburn, 6th in adjusted line yards in '16 at Auburn, 45th in adjusted line yards at Penn State in '15. Most people were high on Hand because those metrics seemed to indicate he would help in the run game. 

We went from 67th ,59th, 90th in adjusted line yards the previous 3 years to 32nd under Hand in year 1. We improved in line yards significantly from '17 to '18 and that's what the metrics in previous years at Auburn/Penn State told us would happen. 

If Hand is the "example" of why you would want to ignore these metrics not sure what to tell you. 

Edited by texasstrong12

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I would say those metrics did a decent job of projecting what Hand would do at Texas. 

25th in adjusted line yards in '17 at Auburn, 6th in adjusted line yards in '16 at Auburn, 45th in adjusted line yards at Penn State in '15. Most people were high on Hand because those metrics seemed to indicate he would help in the run game. 

We went from 67th ,59th, 90th in adjusted line yards the previous 3 years to 32nd under Hand in year 1. We improved in line yards significantly from '17 to '18 and that's what the metrics in previous years at Auburn/Penn State told us would happen. 

If Hand is the "example" of why you would want to ignore these metrics not sure what to tell you. 

The sack rates under Hand at Auburn and Penn State were poor, though.

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

The sack rates under Hand at Auburn and Penn State were poor, though.

That was always the worry with Hand and if you watched Auburn/Penn State's offenses it was a legitimate concern. The metrics weren't off. Auburn's OL was atrocious in '17 in terms of giving up sacks but that had a lot to do with injuries, attrition, and young players. 

I think the big thing that helps Hand at Texas with sacks is 1) Herman is a great offensive mind and 2) Ehlinger is mobile as hell and tough to sack. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Mond is not a world-beater, but he is serviceable. He progressed from a 8/6 TD/INT ratio and 108.8 QBR in 2017 to 24/9 135 in 2018. I think part of that is maturation, part is the addition of Sternberger, and part may be attributable to other factors such as starting against more cupcakes and possibly (gasp) coaching. Losing Williams and Sternberger won't help him, but he does still have Ausbon as a target. OL coaching and hence protection, unfortunately, are likely to improve for him this year.

By the time these 2020 guys are ready to sign their December LOIs, the season will have unfolded. I don't think aggy will have the offensive weapons to keep it as close against Bama this year, even playing at home. At Clemson will be a 4-alarm hazmat dumpster factory fire. Aggy is exactly the kind of unimaginative offense UGA was built to stuff when they ran into us-- I think their talent level will make that game ugly for aggy. The taste that will be in all those guys' mouths (recruits-- actual aggy has, shall we say, its own preference in this regard) will be the bayou beating over Thanksgiving weekend.

The guys without options and the hard-core whoopsidaisies will stick, but some of the fence sitters, profiteers, and chosen-by-Saban will trickle out or have "tearful decisions" to choose someone else.

56 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Mond is not a world-beater, but he is serviceable. He progressed from a 8/6 TD/INT ratio and 108.8 QBR in 2017 to 24/9 135 in 2018. I think part of that is maturation, part is the addition of Sternberger, and part may be attributable to other factors such as starting against more cupcakes and possibly (gasp) coaching. Losing Williams and Sternberger won't help him, but he does still have Ausbon as a target. OL coaching and hence protection, unfortunately, are likely to improve for him this year.

By the time these 2020 guys are ready to sign their December LOIs, the season will have unfolded. I don't think aggy will have the offensive weapons to keep it as close against Bama this year, even playing at home. At Clemson will be a 4-alarm hazmat dumpster factory fire. Aggy is exactly the kind of unimaginative offense UGA was built to stuff when they ran into us-- I think their talent level will make that game ugly for aggy. The taste that will be in all those guys' mouths (recruits-- actual aggy has, shall we say, its own preference in this regard) will be the bayou beating over Thanksgiving weekend.

The guys without options and the hard-core whoopsidaisies will stick, but some of the fence sitters, profiteers, and chosen-by-Saban will trickle out or have "tearful decisions" to choose someone else.

They get Auburn early in the year.  They return everyone except QB, some LB's, and 1 DL.  Don't be surprised to see ol' Gus come out of CS with a win that day.

17 hours ago, cafe society said:

Cheese with apple pie is a traditional treat and accompaniment and accepted by Michelin chefs and home cooks alike.  That Cincinnati tripe is a crime against gastronomy and good taste in general.  Yes, you can have too much cheese.  Not often, but sometimes.  But that is just the visible part of the iceberg of this titanic culinary tragedy.

User name checks out, never heard of cheese with apple pie. 

3 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

Mond is mobile as well though, he just self sacks and doesn't have the go fuck yourself truck a kind attitude that sam does.

East west vs north south. Plus Sam has a stronger lower body according to South Austin's mom.  

Edited by Mdhorn

15 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

People expect the worst for Aggy ever year but it never happens. It looks like they should go 8-4 this year again, but I wouldn’t be suprised at 9-3. I would laugh my pills off if they go 7-5. 

Oh sure, anything is possible, and they have 6 wins pretty much in the bag. I think the o/u on losses in the regular season probably belongs at 4. Were I a betting man, I would not be tempted put much money either way.

24 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

People expect the worst for Aggy ever year but it never happens. It looks like they should go 8-4 this year again, but I wouldn’t be suprised at 9-3. I would laugh my pills off if they go 7-5. 

Losses to lsu, Bama, Clemson, and Georgia for sure. But they always manage to lose to one of the Mississippi schools, so a 5 loss season is probably likely, and then we'll see who they're matched up against in the bowl game. It's not far-fetched that they could be a 6-loss team. 

1 hour ago, Magus Ossis said:

Their biggest strengths were the run game, and stopping the run. They lose the contributors that made both of those good. Mond might take a step forward due to system familiarity and natural progression, but the rest of the team will have to jump with him for them to get more than 8 wins. Sidenote, Clemson starts every year kind of slow and they have one early dud game every year. I don't know if Aggy will be that game again, but I wouldn't count it out. 

This is why they're pumping their chests about 2020 being "their year." They will need to retool at a lot of positions and the schedule becoming piss poor in 2020 will be a big help. 

21 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

The only screenshot I've seen is the same you have, referring to him as a great recruiter. Which, where they get that from considering the data and sample size, I have zero fucking clue. 

Most of what I've seen them talking about is his time with Jimbo at LSU. They seem to be glossing over his Big 12 experience. 

25 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Their biggest strengths were the run game, and stopping the run. They lose the contributors that made both of those good. Mond might take a step forward due to system familiarity and natural progression, but the rest of the team will have to jump with him for them to get more than 8 wins. Sidenote, Clemson starts every year kind of slow and they have one early dud game every year. I don't know if Aggy will be that game again, but I wouldn't count it out. 

This is why they're pumping their chests about 2020 being "their year." They will need to retool at a lot of positions and the schedule becoming piss poor in 2020 will be a big help. 

Clemson may start a little slow defensively ( should still be good, they rotated a lot up front with a lot of underclassmen like Xavier Thomas ), but they'll be rolling offensively.  Bad matchup for the aggy secondary full of Safety's.

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Clemson may start a little slow defensively ( should still be good, they rotated a lot up front with a lot of underclassmen like Xavier Thomas ), but they'll be rolling offensively.  Bad matchup for the aggy secondary full of Safety's.

Well, if aggy can only lose by a couple of touchdowns, it will be a high quality loss.  Almost like a win actually.

16 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

They have one "bad" game, usually at home, every year. A&M and Cuse last year. Syracuse last year. Pitt the year before. It's hard to be championship caliber each and every week. 

But you're right, that offense should be rolling each week if they're healthy. 

47 minutes ago, texaslong said:

Most of what I've seen them talking about is his time with Jimbo at LSU. They seem to be glossing over his Big 12 experience. 

And as everyone except aggy knows, you can’t base a guy’s recruiting prowess on how he recruited at LSU, unless he couldn’t recruit at LSU. But nobody can’t recruit at LSU. 

The part where he talks about multiple NFL OL coaches clamoring to come work for Jimbo Fisher, but also at risk of not being able to keep up with The Marine's X's and O's acumen caused me to erupt with laughter. I swear to God that shit has to be satire. It's too rich not to be.

Yes candi fucked and sucked off those dudes, BUT she loved jimbo too much to. leave.
Thats REAL love!
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

In every one of the past 5 seasons, aggy has lost at least 2 games vs the MS schools and Auburn.  They have to beat at least one of Georgia, Bama, Clemson and @LSU just to stay under 4 losses.  They then have to run the rest of their conference schedule to stay under 5 losses.  This year's aggy squad would have lost 6 games against their 2019 schedule.

On 2/3/2019 at 9:56 PM, Bodacious Bevo said:

Lol what. Billy's really reaching here. How is it an accomplishment to have a recruit from SA in two straight classes? 

Ever since they got that one kid from SA a few years back -- I forget his name but the one who very creepily stalked a girl in his neighborhood -- they got a taste of SA and now they just can't quit it? 

12 hours ago, sushihorn said:

In every one of the past 5 seasons, aggy has lost at least 2 games vs the MS schools and Auburn.  They have to beat at least one of Georgia, Bama, Clemson and @LSU just to stay under 4 losses.  They then have to run the rest of their conference schedule to stay under 5 losses.  This year's aggy squad would have lost 6 games against their 2019 schedule.

I think there's about a 80% chance A&M loses to the four good teams on their schedule. Unless Mond takes an Ehlinger type of jump forward, A&M should be taking a step back while all four of those teams should be getting better. 

They could beat the rest of the teams though, although odds are they drop at least one game, but I'm not counting on it 

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

I think there's about a 80% chance A&M loses to the four good teams on their schedule. Unless Mond takes an Ehlinger type of jump forward, A&M should be taking a step back while all four of those teams should be getting better. 

They could beat the rest of the teams though, although odds are they drop at least one game, but I'm not counting on it 

It's an even year which means Gus and Auburn are going to win 10 plus games.

On 2/8/2019 at 9:54 AM, texifornia said:

Well we already have two interior OL committed, but Ogunbiyi would still be nice.

Nothing will make them want to keep their OL more than if it looks like we want them. We should make it look like we're pushing for them.