Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

I'll admit, the flavor combo is intriguing. Now I want some chili on this horribly cold day.

Anyway, back on topic, I hope Jefferson and Bankhead stay committed out of spite after Jimbo "loses their phone numbers". Force the aggy hand: if they're getting processed, keep those receipts! Hell, extort them if you wish. Get paid to decommit.

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

9:11p, 2/7/19

Staff

Based on what I've seen and been told tonight, I believe OL commits Smart Chibuzo and Akinola Ogunbiyi from Ft Bend County will visit Texas next weekend for their junior day. 

Chibuzo has told me multiple times that Herb Hand has been pushing for a visit pretty hard. I'm guessing with the change in coach at their position, the Horns were able to crack the door a bit. 

3 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Ryan Brauninger

9:11p, 2/7/19

Staff

Based on what I've seen and been told tonight, I believe OL commits Smart Chibuzo and Akinola Ogunbiyi from Ft Bend County will visit Texas next weekend for their junior day. 

Chibuzo has told me multiple times that Herb Hand has been pushing for a visit pretty hard. I'm guessing with the change in coach at their position, the Horns were able to crack the door a bit. 

Well we already have two interior OL committed, but Ogunbiyi would still be nice.

47 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I hope you're correct on all counts. I lean towards believing we're going to close Garth as well. Just calling out the timing for all of us, because the bags are about to start hitting the trunks of the cars that Craig, Peveto and Thomas will be riding in.

We need to prepare ourselves for this eventuality, and not just potentially with Garth, because it's coming and it's going to be fueled by an extra helping of aggy post-signing day tu inferiority complex. 

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

They have an out in that they're changing OL coaches 

Shouldn't be an out. If this was an entire staff shakeup that's one thing, but that isn't what this is.  They were approved offers by Jimbo himself and he and his $75M contract are still around. Unless we are to believe these were rogue offers thrown out by a coach with no prior approval or knowledge from the rest of the staff - which obviously isn't the case.

This is one of the major benefits of UT giving out the 6th least amount of offers. Our offers mean something, and aggy's doesn't.

5 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Shouldn't be an out. If this was an entire staff shakeup that's one thing, but that isn't what this is.  They were approved offers by Jimbo himself and he and his $75M contract are still around. Unless we are to believe these were rogue offers thrown out by a coach with no prior approval or knowledge from the rest of the staff - which obviously isn't the case.

This is one of the major benefits of UT giving out the 6th least amount of offers. Our offers mean something, and aggy's doesn't.

Yeah but that isn't how any of this works.gif

People keep overestimating the trapdoor outrage. This is a different era in recruiting. The outrage will only come if it’s a few weeks away from signing day and the player is informed to find a new school. That’s a trapdoor. We are a year out, so schools can walk the line of mutual parting of ways, especially with a new OL coach. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

You should like tweet this at their coaches. Or DM them. Or facebook message them, followed by a poke. 

10 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

People keep overestimating the trapdoor outrage. This is a different era in recruiting. The outrage will only come if it’s a few weeks away from signing day and the player is informed to find a new school. That’s a trapdoor. We are a year out, so schools can walk the line of mutual parting of ways, especially with a new OL coach. 

I disagree. Most of the time if you do it without any mitigating reasons like the kid not qualifying, the kid getting in trouble, or coaching changes, you're not getting a recruit from that specific school for a long time, or if the staff moves, from their future schools. Which is why it's risky to do it in-state. Doing it every once in awhile, especially at schools that don't produce many high level prospects, probably isn't a big deal, but if you make a habit of it it'll start to hurt you. 

19 minutes ago, Fud said:

I disagree. Most of the time if you do it without any mitigating reasons like the kid not qualifying, the kid getting in trouble, or coaching changes, you're not getting a recruit from that specific school for a long time, or if the staff moves, from their future schools. Which is why it's risky to do it in-state.

Well, you can tell how they're writing their stories (and remember, all the aggy "reporters" are actually aggy boosters, so they're carrying the official water) that they are trying to convince the players that they should take their time and "think about it" because that's in the players' best interests. Of course, they wouldn't take their commitments again later.

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The only screenshot I've seen is the same you have, referring to him as a great recruiter. Which, where they get that from considering the data and sample size, I have zero fucking clue. 

Stupid sip. Jimbo just signed the best class in the history of the program that would’ve finished ahead of tu if not for the all-powerful Bobby Burton and the BOMC. Jimbo Fisher is a great recruiter and a standing national championship head corch! He only hires the best of the best.   That’s how you know random OSU OL coach is a great recruiter, because he’ll be a SECSECSEC OL corch in a line of scrimmage conference! All this is if he ends up at A&M, of course!*

*otherwise, he sucks because he recruits in the BDF.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

Schrodinger's Asst.  Both the best and worst OL coach simultaneously.

That's really outstanding, Scholz. I was going to write that the Aggies won't know what they think about him until the decision is made on hiring him, but you launched the notion into space.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

How in the hell is loogui going to explain this? Let me count the ways.

He’s been taking baby steps to CFB coaching nirvana? He’s finally arrived? His life has pointed him meticulously to it’s pinnacle? He had a spiritual destiny with Dumbo?

Edited by Wishbone

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Dude was LSU's recruiting coordinator under Les Miles. In terms of his recruiting impact it's a very good hire, especially for O-linemen. He has a lot of Texas ties.

Quick glance at his 247 history shows he was good at recruiting Louisiana guys to LSU but the highest rated guy he’s pulled out of Texas was his Katy OL from this year.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Dude was LSU's recruiting coordinator under Les Miles. In terms of his recruiting impact it's a very good hire, especially for O-linemen. He has a lot of Texas ties.

Katy. He has ties to fucking Katy and he's going to A&M. It's Whoopception. 

This shit rolling out about his recruiting prowess is coming from fucking Hamm and Billy FFS. Getting 4* kids from Louisiana to choose LSU isn't exactly "recruiting". Look at his classes and OkState and compare them to previous OL coaches at OkState. He may well be a good OL coach and developer and being an upgrade over The Marine is a fucking given but don't read too much into his time at OkState -- it's clear that Gundy is the straw that stirs the drinks and staff members can come and go but that dude remains and keeps getting it done and the offense never really changes. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Nothing wrong with making ATM work to keep their guys in the boat if they expose a weakness on the staff that can be exploited. 

Exactly.  Only so many hours in the day, make them spend time on commitment upkeep rather than using that time productively recruiting new prospects.