Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

3 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

So the great Jimbo super bowl party push only resulted in Jones and a couple scrubs?  I guess the newness is wearing off...

I think they have three or four guys queued up to commit whenever Jimbo feels like it's optimal and pushes 

1 minute ago, Butch Had Not said:

Can only imagine the comments for this one. 

" brother is all sip"

"Clown show Carrington paying him off"

"Nipples vodka tom is playing dirty"

And of course 

"He can go play in stupid liberal city with no chance to go to NFL "

Miss any?

Yes. You missed:

"I've watched his offense, and saw him in the playoffs. He got shut down. I'm not sure he's a big SEC back that can carry his team. Might be better off in the Big 12."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He might want to hold Omeire in reserve as one of the last remaining MEGA VICTORY OVER THE SIPS moves he can pull out of his quiver.

Texas wants Omeire in this class. He's another Collin Johnson type and they use them well, obviously. It will suck if he goes to ATM as there is no other facsimile for that role and they don't appear every year, especially in our backyard. 

Just now, closetojumping said:

Texas wants Omeire in this class. He's another Collin Johnson type and they use them well, obviously. It will suck if he goes to ATM as there is no other facsimile for that role and they don't appear every year, especially in our backyard.  

Oh I'm not discounting that we want him - I used him there since he's the only potential aggy silent (presuming they exist) that is emphatically not bread and has a real offer from us.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I was thinking perhaps the tall Cali WR could replace him

14 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Bread probably.  Not mensa level.  Just drunken hobbit moves.

Hornsby, Achane, Kimber, Sylvester, and Omeire appear to be heavy aggie leans if not locks to me. I'm not sure which of those we actually would want right now aside from Omeire though. 

Hopefully they take Branard Wright and the short Richmond Foster DT. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fud said:

I was thinking perhaps the tall Cali WR could replace him

He's a long shot and apparently much more elusive, but I haven't watched his film. You tell me on that one. Texas has been on the guy early and thinks they can get him on campus and such, but who really wants to head to Austin from the west coast and AZ seems like a crapshoot until the summer. If their plan for this cycle is Omeire, Cooper, and Wilson, we need to order an industrial-sized shipment of Tums for the board.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He's a long shot and apparently much more elusive, but I haven't watched his film. You tell me on that one. Texas has been on the guy early and thinks they can get him on campus and such, but who really wants to head to Austin from the west coast and AZ seems like a crapshoot until the summer. If their plan for this cycle is Omeire, Cooper, and Wilson, we need to order an industrial-sized shipment of Tums for the board. 

I remember thinking he looked very similar to Collin 

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hopefully, Omeire can see his ceiling in a Fisher offense is 40 to 45 catches and 700 yards. Fisher hasn't had a WR do anything significant, save for two years back at FSU with Winston, in his entire career.

@Machinator posted an article on the non-Texas recruiting thread.

But while the star-based recruiting system is widely used among coaches, reporters and fans alike, it isn’t foolproof. All you have to do is look at the Seminoles’ 2015 recruiting class.

The class was ranked third nationally and appeared to be loaded; it had four five-star players, 10 four-star players and six three-star players. It had four national top-20 prospects, five top-50 prospects, eight top-100 recruits and 12 top-300 guys. For the most part, though, the players failed to live up to the hype.

Five-star safety Derwin James was the class’ highest-ranked player; he was a college star and appears on his way to NFL stardom after making the Pro Bowl as a rookie this season after being drafted in the first round by San Diego. But he will be the lone first-rounder out of the class. Indeed, its possible that just three players are drafted at all from the class.

It's very relevant here because Jimbo is now at aggy and a big part of his recruiting pitch is "Play for me because I've shown the ability to take elite recruits and get (15% of) them into the NFL."

54 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Can only imagine the comments for this one. 

" brother is all sip"

"Clown show Carrington paying him off"

"Nipples vodka tom is playing dirty"

And of course 

"He can go play in stupid liberal city with no chance to go to NFL "

Miss any?

"Jimbo backed off."

20 minutes ago, pacman said:

Hopefully, Omeire can see his ceiling in a Fisher offense is 40 to 45 catches and 700 yards. Fisher hasn't had a WR do anything significant, save for two years back at FSU with Winston, in his entire career.

I thought the same thing about Dylan Wright. But then the bagman cometh 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Hornsby, Achane, Kimber, Sylvester, and Omeire appear to be heavy aggie leans if not locks to me. I'm not sure which of those we actually would want right now aside from Omeire though. 

Hopefully they take Branard Wright and the short Richmond Foster DT. 

Isn't Sylvester always talking about how he wishes he would hear more from the Texas staff? Or have we already burned that bridge with not offering him and leaving it up to giles?

7 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Isn't Sylvester always talking about how he wishes he would hear more from the Texas staff? Or have we already burned that bridge with not offering him and leaving it up to giles? 

The staff has made it quite clear we have the big four (Broughton, Collins, Dorbah, Umanmielen) and then everyone else when it comes to the DL.

Edited by texifornia

7 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Yes, but we haven't offered, and he's visited A&M like ten times over the past year. This is just me reading tea leaves 

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

The staff has made it quite clear we have the big four (Broughton, Collins, Dorbah, Umanmielen) and then everyone else when it comes to the DL.

I like the Harris kid from Arizona. He's visiting in a couple weeks, and I hope we can make something happen there.

• Like 1

For shits and giggles. Playing around with Class Calculator. I gave them every commit they lean for right now and added a random highly rated OT from east coast.  They would need to lose 14 non seniors to get to 21 commits. 

21 commits - 277.18

1. Demond Demas (5*)         WR            6-4 210  0.9899  + 28.99
2. Dwight McGlothern (5*)   CB             6-1.5 180 0.9837  + 28.20
3. Branard Wright (4*)           DT             6-3 294 0.9692  + 26.26
4. Troy Omeire (4*)                WR             6-3.5 205  0.9615  + 24.74
5. Malik Hornsby (4*)            DUAL         6-2 175  0.9580  + 23.37
6. Seth McGowan (4*)           RB             5-11 200 0.9519  + 21.59
7. Anton Harrison (4*)           OT             6-5 315 0.9500  + 20.02
8. Jaylon Jones (4*)              CB             6-3 185  0.9474  + 18.28
9. Jaquelin Roy (4*)               DT             6-3.5 284  0.9342  + 15.77
10. James Sylvester (4*)       WDE          6-4 225  0.9247  + 13.63
11. Akinola Ogunbiyi (4*)       OG            6-4 310 0.9177  + 11.74
12. Smart Chibuzo (4*)           OT            6-5 319 0.8953  + 9.25
13. Jordan Jefferson (3*)      OG            6-1 325  0.8850  + 7.60
14. Xavion Alford (3*)             S               6-0 174 0.8839  + 6.48
15. Josh Bankhead  (3*)         OG           6-4.5 319 0.8784  + 5.32
16. Herbert Gums (3*)             ATH         6-1 243  0.8778  + 4.43
17. Jalen Kimber (3*)              CB           6-1 170 0.8728  + 3.56
18. Devon Achane  (3*)           WR         5-9 170 0.8667  + 2.80
19. Reggie Brown (3*)             TE           6-2.5 230 0.8588  + 2.15
20. Devin Price (3*)                 WR          6-3 195 0.8578  + 1.70
21. Major Burns  (3*)              S              6-1.5 181 0.8516  + 1.28

That's good for a #9 place in 2019 right now, a #9 finish in 2018, #8 in 2017

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

For shits and giggles. Playing around with Class Calculator. I gave them every commit they lean for right now and added a random highly rated OT from east coast.  They would need to lose 14 non seniors to get to 21 commits. 

21 commits - 277.18

5. Malik Hornsby (4*)            DUAL         6-2 175  0.9580  + 23.37

Stupid sip. Hornsby is going to be a high five star. He's a better recruiter than Mack Brown and a better game day coach than Bob Stoops better passer than Reggie McNeal and a better runner than VY. Just ask Toilet Smurf.

Just now, Machinator said:

Will be interesting to see who Jimbo hires as his next OL coach. If he wanted to cut bait with some of the bread they have in their O-line class, this makes it easier to do so.

What kind of long game do you think that quick-talking alcoholic midget is playing? He pulled off a stunt in which he got an underwhelming assistant a promotion to the NFL in order to have his new guy run his buttplug interior OL recruits off? Fucking Mensa couldn't go that deep on a process.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This is the second time Zach Taylor has thrown Jim Turner a lifeline. He hired Turner as RB coach when he was the Cincy OC

wait, why the fuck is Zach Taylor an NFL Head Coach?

These days, just being in the same room as Sean McVay gets you an NFL HC job interview.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I think it's quite possible they upgrade from a recruiting standpoint, but I'm hoping the "recruit 5 guards" strategy is a Jimbo thing that persists regardless of the OL coach.

Spoiler

Liucci

In reply to Belton Ag • 9:17p

Staff

That was never true (him turning the job down). Doesn't mean he accepted it but he never turned it down. Just mulled it over for a while. Thing about Jimmy T is this: He's moved around a lot over the past decade or so. I may be leaving some out, but in the last ten years he's been at BC, A&M, Tech (for a very brief off-season stint), the NFL (Dolphins), Cincinnati (for a very brief off-season stretch), A&M and now it would appear the NFL (Cincy). What went largely unreported is that even last year, he interviewed with Notre Dame, the Raiders and UCLA but loved A&M too much to leave. It's tough to imagine him turning down the chance to coach for a member of his extended family - and someone he's worked with for several years in college and the pros - in the league and I don't think anyone could really blame him. This has been buzzing in NFL circles for a while because a couple of pro OL guys have inquired about the job recently so you can rest assured Coach Fisher has a plan and - mark this down - if he needs to find a replacement he'll have one in very short order much like we saw with the tight end hire. I also think it's a chance for the Ags to bring in a stud recruiter (though he'll have to match Turner's Xs and Os acumen, which won't be easy) with the 2020 and 2021 o-line classes in Texas being absolutely loaded. It would be a loss but also an opportunity to get better.