Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

You know they were going to push hard on some guys we were 50/50 with...and we aren’t flipping whoever they get this early. Luckily, we are fine as far as safety goes, so Jones, while a loss, isn’t a must have. 

18 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Those are not exactly layups.

We've got a really good shot with Ringo. I was hoping Jones would be the other CB for this class but I'm sure we can find someone else. This is definitely not a Leal/Bragg level miss. I'd say it's Higgins level. This class is all about the lines. 

1 minute ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

We've got a really good shot with Ringo. I was hoping Jones would be the other CB for this class but I'm sure we can find someone else. This is definitely not a Leal/Bragg level miss. I'd say it's Higgins level. This class is all about the lines. 

Bragg was a loss but not a beat. Once he got into stanford it was done, his mom was making sure of it. It was her dream... for him.

Teams are going to use our DB and WR depth chart against us this cycle. Maybe some attrition will change some of those narratives. 

Either way, OL and DL is where we need to load up this cycle. 5 OL and 4 to 6 DL? If this is a smallish class like some project half our class could be in the trenches. 

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Jones is a much bigger get for them than us. Our secondary is loaded right now. Aggy needs quality DBs badly even before fielding 5 safeties at a time next season. Good for them for getting a quality corner.

Make no mistake, we need 2 corners in this class. 

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

Teams are going to use our DB and WR depth chart against us this cycle. Maybe some attrition will change some of those narratives. 

Either way, OL and DL is where we need to load up this cycle. 5 OL and 4 to 6 DL? If this is a smallish class like some project half our class could be in the trenches. 

We did pretty well at DL last cycle. I love Warren, but we need more edge rushers this cycle.

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Evans shit. Hahahahahahahaha. 

Are you thinking our chances with Evans are better than you did last year when you quoted something about the eye of a needle, or do you just feel like aggy is not the main competition?

Edited by Sabalo

1 minute ago, Sabalo said:

Are you thinking our chances with Evans are better than you did last year when you quoted something about the eye of a needle, or do you just feel like aggy is not themain competition?

What did I say? I don’t remember ever thinking Evans’ recruitment would be dire, but for sure a circus. Either way, it’s recruiting and shit changes over a year. I am not gloating about Evans in regard to UT. I’m just digging the aggie futility with him.