Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

"A&M and Texas are still my top two," he said, "but I think I'm kind of leaning toward Texas the most right now. I've just been really liking them a lot."

Though he is not too close to making a final decision, Garth's commitment is not all that far off in the future.

"I don't want to wait too long," he said of a commitment date. "At least before the summer, for sure. Probably at some point this spring."

Sounds like he wants to make a decision quick to save his spot. Which sounds more Texas than aggy. 

55 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

"A&M and Texas are still my top two," he said, "but I think I'm kind of leaning toward Texas the most right now. I've just been really liking them a lot."

Though he is not too close to making a final decision, Garth's commitment is not all that far off in the future.

"I don't want to wait too long," he said of a commitment date. "At least before the summer, for sure. Probably at some point this spring."

Sounds like he wants to make a decision quick to save his spot. Which sounds more Texas than aggy. 

Locking up Parr, Majors, Garth, and Lindberg by end of summer would be a big deal. A big, fuckin deal.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NorLa Horns said:

I am pretty sure Garth has a spot in this class all the way until NSD. That being said it sounds like he could very well be our next commitment. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

I have it down to two schools, assuming you count the one I'm not really considering. My announcement will be timed strategically.

48 minutes ago, RabidM said:

We did well in California this cycle so little brother has to try and show he can do it too.

This is the type of year where a program like aggy gets the shit beat out of them in recruiting. The new car smell is gone and Texas, the flagship university, got a great start instate. Texas will clean up, and Aggy will be forced to recruit OOS.

Aggy will struggle to recruit elite talent outside the state (especially defensive talent) because they haven’t shown any real program success previously, the Sumlin swag shine is gone, and the culture/lifestyle in BCS is god awful.

Add on the fact this will likely be a smaller class for aggy anyways and you have the makings of a class of in the 15-20 range unless there is major attrition and cash exchanging hands. Texas may not be able to flip a guy like Demas who surrounds himself with the wrong crowd, but I could see aggy selling him so hard on SECSECSEC that he signs with alabama when he realizes aggy will perpetually suck.

Same as it ever was, but at the price tag of $7.5 million a year.

• Like 1

Posting this here because they are talking about all the OOS offers and how it's a terrible year in-state for front 7 defenders.  They may have an arguement with LB's, but DL is deeper than this past class.  Probably upset because the best pass rusher ( Dorbah ) has zero interest in them and Perroni has been telling them Broughton isn't very high on them.  

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Board/20/Contents/New-Texas-AM-offers-128441398/

37 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Posting this here because they are talking about all the OOS offers and how it's a terrible year in-state for front 7 defenders.  They may have an arguement with LB's, but DL is deeper than this past class.  Probably upset because the best pass rusher ( Dorbah ) has zero interest in them and Perroni has been telling them Broughton isn't very high on them.  

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Board/20/Contents/New-Texas-AM-offers-128441398/

Karen is going to make lots of trips to Florida this recruiting cycle. There will be plenty of "transactions" in Publix parking lots. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

"The Marine decided that Lindberg and Garth are not a fit for the rugged play of the SEC and is looking elsewhere. Expect some big news soon."

"Parr is far too small to play guard in SEC. Anything under 360 lbs is a non-starter for this staff."

5 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

So aggy says they have nothing in common because they are white? Can they be more openly racist? 

How would they justify having anything in common with College Station (5.4% African American) and A&M (3.5% African American)?

what a strange bunch aggy is..

Edited by pacman

18 minutes ago, Focht Up said:

Probably, but being openly racist is an aggy turdition.  I don't like driving through that part of Texas.

We have some good friends who are a mixed race couple (you should see the fireworks when he calls her "Oprah"), and they were telling us some of their stories, and some of their contingency plans, for getting pulled over by cops in this part of the world. Sad that they need such plans, but there you are. Anyway, they always joke about the reply to "Are you married to her?" (which he's actually been asked before) -- "Married? Hell naw. I own her." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

So aggy says they have nothing in common because they are white? Can they be more openly racist? 

Actually they’ve gotten pretty good at hiding their rabid racism. But every once in a while they’ll let their slips show. Like this.

32 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I sat next to a Nebraska fan group when they visited DKR in 1999. Every time Nebraska did something, this guy next to me would start shouting "Go Big Reeeeeeeedddd!" over and over, basically in my face. He was exuberant. Texas ended up winning and we were talking all kinds of shit back to him about Nebraska. That's when he took his Nebraska t-shirt off and left it on the bench and walked away in his undershirt. As he did so, he told us, and I am not making this up: "Who gives a shit? I'm an aggie. I just wanted to see you guys lose."

Implied when talking about aggie