Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

18 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Perroni also thinks that Collins is closer than anyone thinks, even though, I've never once seen a Texas legacy go to aggy in my life. I've seen plenty the other way around.

I agree. But I will reiterate what others have said on Collins...if it's true that this staff is letting Oscar Giles recruit unchaperoned because this kid seems like a slam dunk being a Texas legacy and having an aunt who works for the university...and we end up not getting him...the meltdown will be Texags last week level. And it will be justified. And a huge fucking black mark and negative indicator on how this staff recruits and handles recruiting. Some folks have said they think Collins ends up a top 50 player in the country, at a position of great need for Texas. What we really need is to full court press this kid and get him to commit early. 

• Like 4

So on offense we should be on the lookout for Omeiere. I very much doubt that George or Evans commits to any school early. Garth committing to A&M at any time would be very, very surprising, I just don't see it.

On defense, I'm automatically wary with any priority D-line recruit. I don't expect Collins to swing their way, but I'm going to need to see us take care of business for a full cycle before assuming we've learned our lesson. Thompson is really interesting; on one hand, I trust Naivar (and Samples), on the other, A&M seems to be pretty good at recruiting safeties, although how much of their success last cycle was due to foul play and negative recruiting the shit out of our 2018 haul is a valid point of contention. We'll see if he actually visits them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Machinator said:

On defense, I'm automatically wary with any priority D-line recruit. I don't expect Collins to swing their way, but I'm going to need to see us take care of business for a full cycle before assuming we've learned our lesson. Thompson is really interesting; on one hand, I trust Naivar (and Samples), on the other, A&M seems to be pretty good at recruiting safeties, although how much of their success last cycle was due to foul play and negative recruiting the shit out of our 2018 haul is a valid point of contention. We'll see if he actually visits them.

This staff finds stud safeties on trees. I can't bring myself to get too concerned about the position. 

Just now, Fud said:

This staff finds stud safeties on trees. I can't bring myself to get too concerned about the position. 

Right, I'm not worried about it, but it would be interesting to see this one go A&M's way given that we have advantages here. Still very early though.

31 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I agree. But I will reiterate what others have said on Collins...if it's true that this staff is letting Oscar Giles recruit unchaperoned because this kid seems like a slam dunk being a Texas legacy and having an aunt who works for the university...and we end up not getting him...the meltdown will be Texags last week level. And it will be justified. And a huge fucking black mark and negative indicator on how this staff recruits and handles recruiting. Some folks have said they think Collins ends up a top 50 player in the country, at a position of great need for Texas. What we really need is to full court press this kid and get him to commit early. 

Are you guys hearing reason for concern?

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Courtesy of @HtownHorn

"I wouldn't get your hopes up on Phillips. Pulling a national top 50 prospect out of California is not something that is easy and even Jimbo has struggled to do that at any of his stops."

Hmmm... wonder if there's anybody who hasn't struggled to pull national top 50 prospects out of California?

Screen-Recording-2017-09-18-at-12.56-PM.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Machinator said:

So on offense we should be on the lookout for Omeiere. I very much doubt that George or Evans commits to any school early. Garth committing to A&M at any time would be very, very surprising, I just don't see it.

Collins is Fong'd to aggy.  This was before we offered though, but still worth watching.

3 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

Survive yes... but dude can play. We don’t want them goetting Demas and Omeire. 

They're going to land good receivers regardless. They have a known bagman at WR coach, and the state of Texas is littered with talent at the position. It would be unfortunate to lose Omeire to them, but someone like Collins would be a much bigger blow for us and bigger gain for them.

Edited by Machinator

36 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Thompson is really interesting; on one hand, I trust Naivar (and Samples), on the other, A&M seems to be pretty good at recruiting safeties, although how much of their success last cycle was due to foul play and negative recruiting the shit out of our 2018 haul is a valid point of contention. We'll see if he actually visits them.

Funny how guys like Williams and Richardson were afraid of our 2018 class and quickly jumped on aggy, but no one in the 2020 cycle seems to be afraid of Williams and Richardson, much less Erick Young. Long time to go, so perhaps aggy's world best ever CB haul will ultimately scare off recruits.

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It's been wild to watch this board go from "Watch for aggy to pull a few unexpected commits, let's speculate who" to "Collins and Omiere are basically silent aggy commits" in the span of an afternoon.

I'm not saying that about Collins. I still think Texas is the logical choice

I think it's valid to wonder about Omeiere when he's the one guy we haven't gotten on campus recently that we're in a head-to-head battle with A&M for.

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It's been wild to watch this board go from "Watch for aggy to pull a few unexpected commits, let's speculate who" to "Collins and Omiere are basically silent aggy commits" in the span of an afternoon.

Collins feels like something like 80%+ to Texas, while Omeire feels more or less like a coinflip with A&M, unless there's another serious contender I'm unaware of 

9 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Let's see Sunday night or Monday morning how many get Fong'd.  It was this time last year when a bunch were.

This year ain't last year, though. Also, Fong knows that Elko is gone after this season, so the enthusiasm for the aggressive ATM ranks isn't going to be as strong. 

Regarding Collins, crazier shit has happened, and Giles is the laziest fucking recruiter in the country, but if he goes to ATM, much less commits early to them, I'll shit a golden retriever and club SydneyCarton to death with it. As dumbfuck mentions above, dude has family dutifully employed (for years) at Texas and a mother who played ball at Texas. He lives 30 minutes away, which is far enough without being too far. He's not sprinting around saying he's definitely signing with Texas, so people can read into it what they will, but this is one of the least uncertain recruitments of 2020 for me, until it isn't. 

Now Broughton is a different story. There's a lot more uncertainty there and he has a father (or a father figure) actively involved in his recruitment, which is great news, because the rumor is that his camp has a Willie Lyles in it, which is never a good thing. 

While Omeire might commit this weekend, he's not "currently with the ags on top" or whatever the fuck those rubes are reporting. He's capable of changing his mind and getting the Dylan Wright maneuver pulled on him, but I otherwise think he comes away uncommitted. It's hard for me to get too worked up about WR at this point.

I said this before, but one strong tell associated with the ATM pull in this class is going to be the number of maybes who do or do not make an appearance on Sunday. Last year, I *feel* like I remember there being a longer list and a lot of maybes and surprises showing up on the day of, but I could be confusing that with an actual planned JR day.  

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Regarding Collins, crazier shit has happened, and Giles is the laziest fucking recruiter in the country, but if he goes to ATM, much less commits early to them, I'll shit a golden retriever and club SydneyCarton to death with it.

Crazier shit has happened.

On 4/3/2018 at 8:43 PM, closetojumping said:

DeMarvin Leal has pretty much zero interest in ATM. He's being polite. 

• Like 1

I see Broughton, Lindberg, and Jackson as the three irreplaceables of this class, with Collins perhaps a half-step below them. Anyone else, I won't get too irritated if we lose, with the wind now at our backs on the trail and the way the staff evaluates and looks nationally.

12 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I see Broughton, Lindberg, and Jackson as the three irreplaceables of this class, with Collins perhaps a half-step below them. Anyone else, I won't get too irritated if we lose, with the wind now at our backs on the trail and the way the staff evaluates and looks nationally.

Yeah this is how I feel.  I'll throw in Thompson and Garth.

12 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Crazier shit has happened.

Yeah, no shit, that's one of the things I was referencing. 

12 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I would rather have Collins than any of those 3 if I have to choose. He's going to wind up being somewhere in the range of the 30th ranked player in the composite by this time next year. The two princes, Broughton, and Collins as a 4 man haul would be insane and huge, but Collins might be the biggest difference maker in the class besides Evans.

Also, if you don't have Evans at the forefront of fundamentally important to the class, I don't know what to tell you. Everyone is making too big of a deal out of Duncanville doing whatever they could to limit his ability to beat them. KSU once held Ricky Williams to 43 yards while blowing Texas out in the year he won the Heisman and he was out of ESPN's Heisman chase chart for like the next 3 weeks. Evans takes on 7 guys per play in the state title game and now no one thinks he's special any more. Okay. All I've fucking heard for 2 years is that he's the number 1 player in his class and he's a generational running back talent. Suddenly he only gains like what, 100-ish yards against the best defensive team in the state? and he's lost all of that luster to everyone. Right. 

• Like 2

Just now, closetojumping said:

Yeah, no shit, that's one of the things I was referencing. 

I would rather have Collins than any of those 3 if I have to choose. He's going to wind up being somewhere in the range of the 30th ranked player in the composite by this time next year. The two princes, Broughton, and Collins as a 4 man haul would be insane and huge, but Collins might be the biggest difference maker in the class besides Evans.

Also, if you don't have Evans at the forefront of fundamentally important to the class, I don't know what to tell you. Everyone is making too big of a deal out of Duncanville doing whatever they could to limit his ability to beat them. KSU once held Ricky Williams to 43 yards while blowing Texas out in the year he won the Heisman and he was out of ESPN's Heisman chase chart for like the next 3 weeks. Evans takes on 7 guys per play in the state title game and now no one thinks he's special any more. Okay. All I've fucking heard for 2 years is that he's the number 1 player in his class and he's a generational running back talent. Suddenly he only gains like what, 100-ish yards against the best defensive team in the state? and he's lost all of that luster to everyone. Right. 

I think Evans is really fucking good, I just don't know where we stand with the other really fucking good RBs like Milton or McClellan. If they're both longshots, then throw Evans in there.

Just now, Machinator said:

I think Evans is really fucking good, I just don't know where we stand with the other really fucking good RBs like Milton or McClellan. If they're both longshots, then throw Evans in there.

Evans is the bet, dude. We lose him, we're playing catch-up to a whole crew of unsavories with limited time for either of McClellan or Milton. I guess I'm going to assume Milton goes to Oregon or Alabama until proven otherwise, but that might be unfair. We'll see. McGowan will be headed west or something by the time we lost Evans, I presume, as well. So you are either betting on a firm no shortly from Evans' camp, and that doesn't seem likely, or you're betting on some other miracle down the line to save the TB class if you think whiffing on Evans won't be a huge fucking flaw in this class. 

Everyone who has half a brain needs to do a little game theory work on this class at TB before folks start assuming 5 names can go into the hat and we'll just grab any ol'one of them and be happy. 

a) Evans is a cut above them all and Texas has been on him since the Texas staff was at UH. He plays his recruitment out all the way to signing day barring a major change over night.

b) McGowan ain't waiting around to see what happens.

c) McClellan has every option Evans does and is butthurt and likely OU bound.

d) Robinson out of Arizona, if I am remembering the name correctly, is damned good but expect to be a feature back. Maybe his location unlocks some small ability to slowplay him.

e) Milton will be chased by everyone and their mother. 

f) RB2 shouldn't matter much beyond these 5 for Texas, but it's still early so maybe someone else legitimately pops up.

Regardless of "f", choices a-e are tricky. Evans might come to Texas, but he might wind up in a number of places. Do you just go all-in on him and say "fuck it" and jump out of that plane without a parachute, hoping to connect with him on the way down? Or do you get aggressive with McGowan or Robinson and see if you can't get someone to say "yes" now and then let the chips fall where they may on everything else? I don't know, and the answers on this aren't obvious.

Haven’t been in here much but Evans just feels like he’s going to end up at Georgia or Bama, because that’s where they all go. If he strings it out long I can see it being like the sanders situation. 9.95ers will say Texas always had a chance until the hats are on the table.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, utexas8 said:

Haven’t been in here much but Evans just feels like he’s going to end up at Georgia or Bama, because that’s where they all go. If he strings it out long I can see it being like the sanders situation. 9.95ers will say Texas always had a chance until the hats are on the table.

There are fundamental differences between Sanders and Evans and their recruitments. So, no, that's not "where they all go". 

4 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Evans' brother is very much in our corner, unlike Sanders' parents (and whoever else he had guiding him, I don't know). I wouldn't compare the two.

I think compared to other big-time recruits, our performance in the 2019 season will actually matter a lot for Evans.

Edited by Machinator

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Evans is the bet, dude. We lose him, we're playing catch-up to a whole crew of unsavories with limited time for either of McClellan or Milton. I guess I'm going to assume Milton goes to Oregon or Alabama until proven otherwise, but that might be unfair. We'll see. McGowan will be headed west or something by the time we lost Evans, I presume, as well. So you are either betting on a firm no shortly from Evans' camp, and that doesn't seem likely, or you're betting on some other miracle down the line to save the TB class if you think whiffing on Evans won't be a huge fucking flaw in this class. 

Everyone who has half a brain needs to do a little game theory work on this class at TB before folks start assuming 5 names can go into the hat and we'll just grab any ol'one of them and be happy. 

a) Evans is a cut above them all and Texas has been on him since the Texas staff was at UH. He plays his recruitment out all the way to signing day barring a major change over night.

b) McGowan ain't waiting around to see what happens.

c) McClellan has every option Evans does and is butthurt and likely OU bound.

d) Robinson out of Arizona, if I am remembering the name correctly, is damned good but expect to be a feature back. Maybe his location unlocks some small ability to slowplay him.

e) Milton will be chased by everyone and their mother. 

f) RB2 shouldn't matter much beyond these 5 for Texas, but it's still early so maybe someone else legitimately pops up.

Regardless of "f", choices a-e are tricky. Evans might come to Texas, but he might wind up in a number of places. Do you just go all-in on him and say "fuck it" and jump out of that plane without a parachute, hoping to connect with him on the way down? Or do you get aggressive with McGowan or Robinson and see if you can't get someone to say "yes" now and then let the chips fall where they may on everything else? I don't know, and the answers on this aren't obvious.

Yep. It’s a tricky situation for sure. Any other year, we would’ve been all over McClellan and he’d probably already be committed here. 

Based on how Herman and Co operate, I’m gonna bet they go for broke and go all in on Evans until they think they’ve lost him, which will likely be not long before NSD, if before it at all. I’d guess they’ll try to find an under the radar backup plan to keep warm, but the other 4 you mentioned won’t be that type of guy. 

Now maybe the staff doesn’t think evans is much different than some of the other 5 and they go just as hard after 1 or 2 of them and take the first guy who will commit, but based on how they’ve treated Evans, I highly doubt it. Getting momentum among the OL recruits by having Parr, Majors, Lindbergh, and Garth all committed by the end of the summer and beating LSU will be big factors in Evans’ recruitment, he seems to care about his OL class and current outcomes, especially against the SEC, more than most (even if that doesn’t really make sense). 

Edited by Burt Macklin

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yep. It’s a tricky situation for sure. Any other year, we would’ve been all over McClellan and he’d probably already be committed here. 

Based on how Herman and Co operate, I’m gonna bet they go for broke and go all in on Evans until they think they’ve lost him, which will likely be not long before NSD, if before it at all. I’d guess they’ll try to find an under the radar backup plan to keep warm, but the other 4 you mentioned won’t be that type of guy. 

Now maybe the staff doesn’t think evans is much different than some of the other 5 and they go just as hard after 1 or 2 of them and take the first guy who will commit, but based on how they’ve treated Evans, I highly doubt it. Getting momentum among the OL recruits and beating LSU will be big factors in Evans’ recruitment, he seems to care about his OL class and current outcomes, especially against the SEC, more than most (even if that doesn’t really make sense). 

I think, based on the way they've handled the Evans recruitment over an extended period of time already, that they're making it clear to him that he's their 2020 class in a nutshell. 

One thing that is interesting to me about the aggie recruiting weekend coming up is to see how Ty Jordan handles things. Does he show up? Do they try to close him? Does he give a surprise commit? What does he say after visiting? I'm interested to see how heavy Texas goes in on TB2, and when. I'm surprised they haven't pushed for Jordan harder so far.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Evans might come to Texas, but he might wind up in a number of places. Do you just go all-in on him and say "fuck it" and jump out of that plane without a parachute, hoping to connect with him on the way down? Or do you get aggressive with McGowan or Robinson and see if you can't get someone to say "yes" now and then let the chips fall where they may on everything else? I don't know, and the answers on this aren't obvious.

I believe you have to, and if you do jump out of the plane the parachute of the transfer portal will be there to help find a stop gap that can help Ingram in his Junior season.  Evans is a top priority not just because he's a stud, but getting him signals that Texas is indeed back with the elites.  Can't let the best player in the country leave Texas.

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I care about the 5 OL targets and the 4 DL targets far and away more than I care about any other position group this cycle, with Evans being a distant second and recognizing that George is a link between them. 

It’s still early, but George is looking more like someone the staff would HAVE to take to get Evans rather than someone they’ll want to take.

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I care about the 5 OL targets and the 4 DL targets far and away more than I care about any other position group this cycle, with Evans being a distant second and recognizing that George is a link between them. 

In with you Pato. This part of the thread should be in Texas 2020...an important conversation.

If Evan's brother didn't seem to be so strongly in our court, I would say put a lot of focus on b-e until those options move on, but still keep yourself in on Evans. If we hit on b-e, don't sweat it if we miss on him. That said, it does seem at this point that we have some sort of lead with a major player in his decision, so a and f is the play.

Sure Evans could be great, but I am not sure I see him as a 'must have' beyond the perception game. I think we can win the conference and make the playoffs without a generational talent at RB and I am not sure if he will be a generational talent. Above average backs look great when running behind great lines. Evans and a great line make winning the conference and a national title much more likely, but a mediocre line and Evans probably won't hack it so give me the great line.

26 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That's a cop out though, and not germane to the prior branch of conversation. I'd rather sign 9 badasses than 1 badass as well. So? 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Broughton and Collins both look like 5*s to me. Broughton has the higher physical upside, while Collins is just better at football and more productive. Both need to be in this class 

Brian Perroni: GigEm247 Recruiting Chat

Is Hornsby Jimbo's #1 QB for the 2020 class?

A&M loves Hornsby. But they are also evaluating/offering others. Jimbo knows QB is the one position you can't afford to miss on. When Hornsby slowed things down last semester, I believe A&M was okay with that this far out.

And who from 2020 have good chance to commit at Super Bowl party?

I would caution to get hopes up on a 'number' of commitments. Even if there are none that come out of it, with the visitor list and the way the Aggies have proven they can gain momentum from these things, it is bound to be considered a success no matter what. Devon Achane is one to potentially watch. Jalen Kimber and Troy Omeire both are high on the Aggies. James Sylvester could be one to watch.

Yall still standing on the hard cap at 26?

Compliance at any school is very hard to get answers from. Everything has to deal in hypotheticals, so we haven't been able to figure out exactly where the 26 number came from. But yes, I do believe that is actually the number.

How many RBs, LBs and CBs do we sign for 2020?

With RB, they want one of the elite guys on the board. If they could get two, they would do it. If only one, they could look at other possibilities late. As for LB, I would expect as many as possible. I don't know the exact number but I think the class could be around 22 or 23. 4 or 5 LBs wouldn't be out of the question. If they don't land Christian Williams, 3 CBs would be a good guess for next year.

Based on what has occurred thus far, do you expect Jimbo to own Herman again when it comes to in state talent?

I don't think 2020 will be as lopsided as 2019. There are going to be more actual head-to-head battles this year.

Who could potentially be the vocal class leader in this next class? A guy who will help with recruiting others to join.

Smart Chibuzo is that way a bit. Demas could definitely be but A&M has to be able to convince him to stop the other visits. I believe he will be in this class and so do a lot of people around him, so it would help immensely if he decided to shut things down completely. If Hornsby ends up in the class, he could be. Troy Omeire could be as well. So could Chris Thompson.

What defensive tackles are we looking at for 2020? Seems pretty average that cycle

It's Branard Wright in the state and then a bunch of Louisiana and national guys. A&M is still working to get Jaquelin Roy and CamRon Jackson from LSU and 5-star McKinnley Jackson out of Mississippi. But, like with Adarious Jones, you are likely to see A&M zero in on a national target that may not quite be on the radar yet.

How many of the currently committed 2020 OL end up in the class?

To be honest, I don't even want to hazard a guess. I have not been told anything from either side, so anything I say would be complete speculation.

How good is James Sylvester?He doesn't really have tape your there but appears to have the measurables and some nice offers.

I think he plays the run a little better than most rush ends. Prince Dorbah is a better pass rusher at this point but Sylvester has the ability to add some really good muscle weight to his frame. Dorbah is not going to be as big. Sylvester is definitely an intriguing guy but, coming from a smaller school, is probably not one that is going to contribute immediately.

What is the staff going to do with Jordan Jefferson? That is a very important ship to waste with limited sholly's available this 2020 recruiting cycle.

I can promise you that they are definitely talking about him and everyone else. They know that scholarships are too precious to waste so, if he or anybody signs, it is because they think he can contribute. It's definitely a delicate situation should they not think so, though, and will not be handled incredibly publicly.

What's the odds on Mckinnley Jackson?Bama bound?

That's going to be a very, very tough one to pull. Just like with Nakobe Dean this year, you have every SEC school involved and it is right in the middle of an area that those more 'traditional' SEC schools in terms of geography have long dominated.

Chances take more than one QB in 2020 class?

To be honest, I don't think it's out of the question. However, let's say a big-name guy like Hornsby commits early - it will be hard to land another really highly-ranked guy. But, with the depth in the state this year, you can find a second guy that has good potential.

I really like Sam Adams II as our next elite running back. Will Fisher slow play him hoping to get Evans or go hard after him and use the first come ,first serve approach.

They seem to really like him as well. I don't think he's a slow-play guy. And he's used to sharing carries, so I don't think he would be turned off by another back. Evans is a confident kid and likely won't either. It's not guarantee that it would affect Evans at all, but a bird in hand...

Any idea why LB Scott said he isn’t hearing much from A&M lately? He has good size and his LB film looks very good.

That one seems odd to me if for no other reason than lack of depth in the state. But, this year they are getting a whole cycle to get in on the national guys and have some confidence after landing Andre White this past year. A&M may not get the Nakobe Deans from out-of-state but if they get that next tier, they'd be happy with that rather than sign an in-state guy they may not be as high on.

How much of an asset has it been having the FWK in Jimbo’s corner?

Rischad likes Fisher, but he's not anti- any school, no matter what people think. He has given kids rides to a number of places. But, the fact that he has a very good rapport with Fisher does not hurt at all.

Any thoughts on the new TE coach’s recruiting ability?

I have not heard a lot of feedback on Finley just yet. That's not really a bad thing, but it's just too soon to have heard much as he's having to establish new relationships. He's not Brewster, but no hire was going to be. Brewster landed two very, very good TEs but he also got A&M in the door with Leal and the Aggies likely wouldn't have landed the 5-star without him laying the groundwork.

Brian, Who are the fastest players in Texas for 2020

Devon Achane, Demond Demas, Lorando Johnson, Kelvontay Dixon, Kevontre Bradford, and Jahari Rogers

someone above asked about the 2020 OL class Please predict how many OLs in the class and who they will be

I believe it will be 5. I think most of the current commitments are included, and possibly all. A&M wants a true tackle as well though. I don't think it will be Lindberg. Jaylen Garth is leaning toward Texas a bit right now but is a guy they love. Damieon George is another possibility.

Who is a&m's next great pass rushers? If theres one? Or who would you see that being coming in?

Mowry could potentially be. He did very well at getting into the backfield this year. Leal is already way bigger than Myles Garrett was but, even from the SDE position, he could create some havoc. There just aren't that many elite edge guys in 2019 or 2020 though. There aren't the ones that you just let pin their ears back and go.

Do we have any recruiters on staff that are Brewster caliber?

No. But almost no schools do. Elijah Robinson and Maurice Linguist both have very good reputations, though. And Terry Price is well-received in both Houston and DFW. None of them are bad recruiters either, which has not always been the case with recent A&M staffs.

Broughton and Collins are the highest ceiling TX DL in 2020. Where are they leaning/heading?

Collins is a Texas legacy and the Longhorns could be considered the leaders but A&M is in a better position than most think. Broughton has never shown as much interest in A&M as he has other schools. Alabama, LSU and Texas are standing out there.

Kimber seems like the Aggies' top target at CB. Do we land him and who else, would you guess, are likely would join him in 2020?

I think Kimber will be an Aggie. As for other corners, I don't know. McGlothern is seen as potentially a safety, so you will likely see some other corner offers go out.

RJ Mickens, does he end up at A&M or elsewhere like a lot of Sumlin-era legacy 'croots?

Mickens has not been pursued as hard by the new A&M staff for whatever reason. If the Aggies start recruiting him harder, it might get interesting. But, as of now, I wouldn't bet on him carrying on the legacy.

Thanks for the insight. I originally thought we were getting a dud in Robinson, but have been pleasantly surprised. It does appear that Peveto isn’t pulling his weight.

Peveto has laid the foundation with some players in the Southeast. But, his big test will be coming up. His brother used to coach at North Shore and he has always recruited the school wherever he has been. Can he do so at A&M?

What have you seen or heard about what Austin and Leah are bringing to our recruiting that is new and helps make a difference?

Just overall organization, to be honest. That is what Austin Thomas is very good at and he will hold people accountable. Leah Knight is great with recruits and knows which players respond to different kids of treatment. It's a tough job.

How good of shape with Collins?

Texas is in good position with the legacy deal but A&M was the first to offer and he will be back on campus again this coming weekend. It's closer than most think.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Regardless of "f", choices a-e are tricky. Evans might come to Texas, but he might wind up in a number of places. Do you just go all-in on him

Texas would do well to pull a Wright/Leal, get him to commit early and have him recruit others to Texas.

8 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Texas would do well to pull a Wright/Leal, get him to commit early and have him recruit others to Texas.

You dont fucking say? I feel like Texas would also do well to get all of the 5 star commits nationwide to commit to Texas early. All 32. And not the CURRENT 5 stars, but all the players that finish as 5 stars in January of 2020. He’d do well to get those players to commit now. Inmediately. No later than tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Machinator said:

There is no indication that Evans is going to be enticed to shut things down early, and we aren't going to pull a Wright.

I hope you are wrong. It seems like the longer recruits draw out their commitment and take visits to schools coached by Saban disciples, the less likely they are to sign with Texas. If Evans were considering schools like Notre Dame, USC, and Michigan I would not be too concerned. OTOH, schools like Oregon, Tennessee, Alabama, A&M, and Georgia don't give me the warm fuzzies.

Edited by Bevo

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I hope your wrong. It seems like the longer recruits draw out their commitment and take visits to schools coached by Saban disciples, the less likely they are to sign with Texas. If Evans were considering schools like Notre Dame, USC, and Michigan I would not be too concerned. OTOH, schools like Oregon, Tennessee, Alabama, A&M, and Georgia don't give me the warm fuzzies.

Please, tell us more

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I hope your wrong. It seems like the longer recruits draw out their commitment and take visits to schools coached by Saban disciples, the less likely they are to sign with Texas. If Evans were considering schools like Notre Dame, USC, and Michigan I would not be too concerned. OTOH, schools like Oregon, Tennessee, Alabama, A&M, and Georgia don't give me the warm fuzzies.

you're