Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Imagine getting the job of a lifetime at 35 years old and deciding that multiple members of your staff needed to come from aggy.  Good luck with that one, Cincy.

Clearly Herman is using his Ohio connections to get aggy coaches hired away from colley station. We're scared of what Jimbo's building. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Major Burns says hi. 

Hide contents

Liucci

12:17a, 2/7/19

Staff

AG

The truth of the matter is that the Aggies are having to tap the brakes a little bit right now. Literally for fear of loading up TOO soon in the secondary, which could very well happen if they pushed hard on any number of guys. The next few weeks or so of evals are going to be very vital in terms of sorting out the large number of offer-worthy DBs and then deciding who to push for.

Translation: We're filling up too fast on unlimited bread sticks.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Skyline Chili is delicious. Being performatively against it is just self-harm against something that tastes good.

GleefulShortBufflehead-size_restricted.g

How is the bottom of the ladle clean when he dumps the shit on the pasta?  I think they staged that by pouring the shit into the ladle, rather than scooping the shit out with the ladle.  We've been lied to!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Skyline Chili is delicious. Being performatively against it is just self-harm against something that tastes good.

This is the worst food opinion offered on a recruiting thread since your hot take on the excellence of Rendezvous' ribs in Memphis. I eagerly anticipate your future one-star review of Dart Bowl enchiladas.

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

"I'd be fine with hitting the re-set button on the entire class if I'm being honest. If there were ever a time to go light on OL it would be 2020. A more inviting depth chart to present the 2021 class might prove to be huge."

Mmmm yes.

16 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

It's amusing that aggie mods have their subs thinking they have a good shot at Garth 

1 minute ago, Fud said:

It's amusing that aggie mods have their subs thinking they have a good shot at Garth 

But but but... they can take whatever they want right?

Oh except for a very talented OT they desperately needed at the end of this last class.  Snicker.

5 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This thread has gotten better.  Some of them thinking the next OL coach can just come in and get Garth.  Also starting to realize that Chibuzo isn't very good lulz.  Best part may be some of them thinking it doesn't matter what they do because they're getting all those 2021 guys.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This thread has gotten better.  Some of them thinking the next OL coach can just come in and get Garth.  Also starting to realize that Chibuzo isn't very good lulz.  Best part may be some of them thinking it doesn't matter what they do because they're getting all those 2021 guys.

My favorite is they still think that if a kid has an offer from Bama it means Bama would take them. Bama offers 500+ every year, a Bama offer means nothing.

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This looks like an aggy inflection point.  Like a flock of starlings they all change direction suddenly and usually quite radically as well.  Since "The Marine" is no longer the OL coach at aggy, they are now free and indeed encouraged to criticize his work.  This resolves the doublethink of knowing their OL recruits suck but being unable to admit it even to themselves.  They can now proclaim it loudly as part of the Two Minute Hate for infamous turncoat Emmanuel Goldstein Jim Turner in a cathartic release of cognitive dissonance.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

This looks like an aggy inflection point.  Like a flock of starlings they all change direction suddenly and usually quite radically as well.  Since "The Marine" is no longer the OL coach at aggy, they are now free and indeed encouraged to criticize his work.  This resolves the doublethink of knowing their OL recruits suck but being unable to admit it even to themselves.  They can now proclaim it loudly as part of the Two Minute Hate for infamous turncoat Emmanuel Goldstein Jim Turner in a cathartic release of cognitive dissonance.

All of that is likely true, but he could have had any OL job in the NFL or P5’s last year.  But for this love of dear ol’ agricultural.

Honestly, isn’t always an inflection point when one of their coaches or players leave voluntarily?  Aggy turns on its own quicker & more violently than anyone else.

10 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

In a vacuum, Texas is ahead of A&M for all five of the early highly regarded 2021 offensive linemen, all five of those guys are loving Texas right now, and the ones who aren't necessarily Texas leans like Texas more than A&M. I say in a vacuum, because if we land two of those tackles, then our odds go down for the other two. Things could change with their new offensive line coaching hire, but their mods have them completely lost on those recruitments right now. 

Edited by Fud

Just now, Fud said:

In a vacuum, right Texas is ahead of A&M for all five of the early highly regarded 2021 offensive linemen, all five of those guys are loving Texas right now, and the ones who aren't necessarily Texas leans like Texas more than A&M. I say in a vacuum, because if we land two of those tackles, then our odds go down for the other two. Things could change with their new offensive line coaching hire, but their mods have them completely lost on those recruitments right now. 

Reality is I don't think anyone will land all 4 of those guys ( Jackson, Fatheree, Katy Taylor duo ).  You also have to remember we will land Brockermeyer who should be in the same discussion as those 4.  Foster and Jackson look like they could be interior guys IMO.  Conner possibly.

And this isn't even counting the Duncanville kid who has been getting a ton of offers and the other 2 Episcopal kids who have received offers.

If we can get at least 2 of those 4 along with Brockermeyer then it's a win.  

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Reality is I don't think anyone will land all 4 of those guys ( Jackson, Fatheree, Katy Taylor duo ).  You also have to remember we will land Brockermeyer who should be in the same discussion as those 4.  Foster and Jackson look like they could be interior guys IMO.  Conner possibly.

And this isn't even counting the Duncanville kid who has been getting a ton of offers and the other 2 Episcopal kids who have received offers.

If we can get at least 2 of those 4 along with Brockermeyer then it's a win.  

I have Brock included in the five. He could end up being the best one. There's also a chance that we'll take his brother as a scholarship player, depending on how well he develops. I think Jackson is a tackle everywhere except for the five or so schools in the country who actually have good enough tackles to bump him inside to his NFL position. Foster apparently loves Texas, and has the second highest odds of being in the class out of these five. 

It's too early to start mocking some of these guys into our class for various reasons, but I'm just pointing out how aggie posters are under the impression that they lead for all of them except for Brock, similar to how they for some reason think they have a really good shot with Garth. 

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

I have Brock included in the five. He could end up being the best one. There's also a chance that we'll take his brother as a scholarship player, depending on how well he develops. I think Jackson is a tackle everywhere except for the five or so schools in the country who actually have good enough tackles to bump him inside to his NFL position. Foster apparently loves Texas, and has the second highest odds of being in the class out of these five. 

It's too early to start mocking some of these guys into our class for various reasons, but I'm just pointing out how aggie posters are under the impression that they lead for all of them except for Brock, similar to how they for some reason think they have a really good shot with Garth. 

Brockermeyer, Fatheree, Conner, Foster and possibly the other Brockermeyer at C might be the ideal class. 

Just now, bEastTexas said:

Brockermeyer, Fatheree, Conner, Foster and possibly the other Brockermeyer at C might be the ideal class. 

Assuming they all continue to develop through their senior years, it could be 

And you keep recruiting guys like Jackson and his teammates, Cade, and others in case things go sideways with some of those guys' recruitments 

23 minutes ago, Fud said:

Point of order regarding the 2020 cycle and Garth: ATM hasn't started throwing money around yet. I have truly no clue if that has anything to do with Garth, but just knowing the mouthy confidence some of those guys have right now, for what looks like zero reason, gives me pause. I don't know who they're going to lock up at various positions outside of the obvious guys for sale in 2020, so my view is that it could be anybody, and it could be surprising.

They're desperate to not be shut out on the top OL options in Texas for 2020. I know that part, and part of it is optics. It sounds like they're getting a lot of feedback across the recruiting world, both direct and through other school behaviors, that the 4 guys they have are not going to ultimately rank well and at least 3 of them are turning out to be really poor evaluations. The new OL coach might be used as an excuse to unceremoniously dump out on 3 of these guys. Their number crunch is going to be real and they can't afford those takes. So again, the confidence on Garth is something that is less amusing to me and more disconcerting.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Point of order regarding the 2020 cycle and Garth: ATM hasn't started throwing money around yet. I have truly no clue if that has anything to do with Garth, but just knowing the mouthy confidence some of those guys have right now, for what looks like zero reason, gives me pause. I don't know who they're going to lock up at various positions outside of the obvious guys for sale in 2020, so my view is that it could be anybody, and it could be surprising.

They're desperate to not be shut out on the top OL options in Texas for 2020. I know that part, and part of it is optics. It sounds like they're getting a lot of feedback across the recruiting world, both direct and through other school behaviors, that the 4 guys they have are not going to ultimately rank well and at least 3 of them are turning out to be really poor evaluations. The new OL coach might be used as an excuse to unceremoniously dump out on 3 of these guys. Their number crunch is going to be real and they can't afford those takes. So again, the confidence on Garth is something that is less amusing to me and more disconcerting. 

Satya, is that you over there!?

My51.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, cochamps said:

All of that is likely true, but he could have had any OL job in the NFL or P5’s last year.  But for this love of dear ol’ agricultural.

Honestly, isn’t always an inflection point when one of their coaches or players leave voluntarily?  Aggy turns on its own quicker & more violently than anyone else.

No argument though I'm going to hold out for Scientologists as a little quicker on the turn...

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't see how they can take Jefferson, he's not Baylor good much less A&M good, and I'll be shocked if he ends up in their class. Bankhead and Chibuzo are both fat mauling guards, and it's probably fine to take one early, but taking both early isn't playing the odds well; but Jimbo has been doing this type of shit his whole career, and ultimately signs off on all of their OL takes. 

Regarding Garth, it'll be an interesting test case for us to see how recruitments where Texas has several built in advantages and has reason for great optimism behind the scenes, but where A&M has unreasonable random optimism turn out. I think it very likely turns out to be a situation where A&M realizes there are much easier tackle targets to land, and end up pivoting and throwing their funny recruiting powers at them. 

5 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Satya, is that you over there!?

My51.gif

There's actually a substantive discussion about 2020 recruiting going on here. You should try harder when attempting to join it, Giphy McGipherson.

1 minute ago, Fud said:

I don't see how they can take Jefferson, he's not Baylor good much less A&M good, and I'll be shocked if he ends up in their class. Bankhead and Chibuzo are both fat mauling guards, and it's probably fine to take one early, but taking both early isn't playing the odds well; but Jimbo has been doing this type of shit his whole career, and ultimately signs off on all of their OL takes. 

Regarding Garth, it'll be an interesting test case for us to see how recruitments where Texas has several built in advantages and has reason for great optimism behind the scenes, but where A&M has unreasonable random optimism turn out. I think it very likely turns out to be a situation where A&M realizes there are much easier tackle targets to land, and end up pivoting and throwing their funny recruiting powers at them. 

I hope you're correct on all counts. I lean towards believing we're going to close Garth as well. Just calling out the timing for all of us, because the bags are about to start hitting the trunks of the cars that Craig, Peveto and Thomas will be riding in.

2 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

If and when those guys get cut - it needs to be made very public that A&M is rescinding committed kids offers.  You can get away with that crap oos, but these supposed butthurt TXHSFB coaches should be up in arms about this.

They have an out in that they're changing OL coaches 

4 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

It seriously looks like Wolf covered in a half bag of shredded cheese. Like, $3 of product. How much do they charge for a plate of that shit?

Don't forget that there's chocolate and cinnamon in there. Much more exciting than boring old Wolf.

Unlike other versions of chili con carne, Skyline itself contains only meat, spices and water. There are no beans, however, you can have kidney beans added to you order should you desire them. Also, there are no onions in the chili itself, however, you can also have onions added to you order should you desire them. The chili does contain chocolate and cinnamon, which gives it a slight hint of sweetness that cuts through the savory nature of the cumin and chili powder, along with the vast amount of cheese that arrives on top.

https://www.foodandwine.com/travel/united-states/skyline-chili-explained-by-a-cincinnatian

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Don't forget that there's chocolate and cinnamon in there. Much more exciting than boring old Wolf.

https://www.foodandwine.com/travel/united-states/skyline-chili-explained-by-a-cincinnatian

"Much more exiting" in the same way that a woman's blind date is "Much more exiciting" with a Baylor football player. 

• Like 1