Surly COVID + Poll, Jan 2021

Anastasis

Surly COVID+ Poll Jan 2021  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had the COVIDs?

• Test confirmed + case, symptomatic, not hospitalized
    • Test confirmed + case, symptomatic, hospitalized
    • Test confirmed + case, asymptomatic
    • Pretty damn sure I had it but no test: exposure + hallmark symptoms (cough, fever, loss of smell/taste, etc.) + did not get tested
    • Nope, I've been tested results negative
    • Nope, I have not had reason to get tested though
    • GFY you nosey sumbitch

That hospitalized goose egg makes me feel uneasy. Seems these days if you need to go to the hospital with it you are very likely already a dead man walking. 

About 1 in 5 hospitalized die. You'd probably survive but I wouldn't want to be staring down a 20% chance of dying.

50 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

About 1 in 5 hospitalized die. You'd probably survive but I wouldn't want to be staring down a 20% chance of dying.

It was spring into summer then plummeted into the fall. The recent spike may have bumped it back up. We don’t have good aggregate data from the holidays and first part of January.

No symptoms at any point but tested ~5 times due to travel requirements and a couple other random things, all negative.

I was also curious if I had an asymptomatic infection, given that I’m a physician and see a lot of patients, so I took antibody tests in April and November, both also negative.

My situation is not one of the choices.

Adult Son visited for a week at Christmas. Day 3 He started showing symptoms (He is a frontline healthcare PT, treats COVID patients) he tested positive.

I was exposed to him.

A couple days later I showed symptoms. sore throat, dry cough, nausea/vomited, loss smell for 1 day, slight shortness of breath.

My symptoms lasted 5 or 6 days.

I had PCR test. Negative result.

Any opinions from the healthcare experts here?

Tested once due to exposure in June.  Negative.  In February I was sick as dog with fever and a hellacious cough that hung for 3 weeks.  I was coughing so hard that at one point it made me vomit.  I've had a few exposures since and have never developed symptoms.  I think I had it in February prior to its being recognized in the US based on my symptoms and having not gotten it since.

On 1/16/2021 at 3:04 PM, immamac said:

That hospitalized goose egg makes me feel uneasy. Seems these days if you need to go to the hospital with it you are very likely already a dead man walking. 

Your friends over at TA lost a poster: https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3169376

https://www.crosstimbersgazette.com/2021/01/17/local-doctor-passes-away-from-covid-19/

RIP

On 1/16/2021 at 11:03 PM, Dijon Robinson said:

Not a poll option

Hmm I wonder why...

Jesting aside I'm sorry to hear about your dad. 59 is too young. 

I had someone that I am in pretty frequent close contact with test positive last week and around the same time came down with some symptoms similar to what he had. Just a general malaise and excessive fatigue - which was pretty rough for a couple days but has gotten progressively better until today where I'm feeling almost normal.

Really no other symptoms. A little shortness of breath the first couple days but nothing since then. No cough, no fever, no stomach issues. A little brain fog. 

I tested negative but I'm 90+% sure I had/have it to some degree. Doc told me to just treat it like I had tested positive.