Penny stock thread split

Wally Fairway

Should there be a separate Penny Stonk thread?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Speaketh yer mind Surlites

• Keep everything in the Stonk thread
    • Make a new thread focused on Penny Stonks
    • Whatever RCRanger says is good by me
    • I'm good either way
    • Dickbutt - tree fiddy - OUsux - I just wanted to vote

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/04/21 at 05:00 AM

3 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I know a few of you use Fidelity, and I'm having issues buying some these.  I went and acknowledged the penny stock risks and all that.  I can find the stock symbols in their order form.  But when I go to place an order it says I don't have the cash to buy it... When I most obviously do.  In fact I got to the confirm stage on a "normal" stock.  

Is there some trick or combination of setting? 

Another time it said they wouldnt do orders of less than a $1 per share, when some of them were more than $1.  

I guess I wish there was just more explanation.  Like if they aren't gonna let me do it say so, don't tell me there's a paper jam when is no paper jam.  (Btw were talking like ~$100 total, no high roller here)

pc.jpg

i'm on etrade, and i have to submit them as limit trades. took me a while to figure that out. have you tried that?

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah under a dollar price, Fidelity only allows limit trades not market. 

Also, on Fidelity I was trade happy when I was doing the gme nonsense and was buying/selling dips left and right..... That creates a paper jam as the cash from each trade takes days to "settle"

After a few violations of buying without settled cash, you get put in timeout and only can trade with cash that has settled from previous transactions.... for 90 days

Edited by cam4mav

Been following right behind AMYZF with limit orders over the last week trying to catch a dip, like a dipshit. There's a shameful trail of canceled limit orders starting at 0.89 and slowly increasing to 1.10, when I finally decided to hop on board.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Yep.  I'm literally trying to order 1 dn share just to see if it goes through, try all sorts of different setting.  

Do they have like minimum order requirements on these cheap things?

Make sure you don't have a bunch of limit orders outstanding too. Also, when you first click trade, it should have a row that says "Cash Available to Trade"

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I know a few of you use Fidelity, and I'm having issues buying some these.  I went and acknowledged the penny stock risks and all that.  I can find the stock symbols in their order form.  But when I go to place an order it says I don't have the cash to buy it... When I most obviously do.  In fact I got to the confirm stage on a "normal" stock.  

Is there some trick or combination of setting? 

Another time it said they wouldnt do orders of less than a $1 per share, when some of them were more than $1.  

I guess I wish there was just more explanation.  Like if they aren't gonna let me do it say so, don't tell me there's a paper jam when is no paper jam.  (Btw were talking like ~$100 total, no high roller here)

Fidelity requires your cash to be settled to buy penny stocks even though it lets you buy regular stocks prior to it settling.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Been following right behind AMYZF with limit orders over the last week trying to catch a dip, like a dipshit. There's a shameful trail of canceled limit orders starting at 0.89 and slowly increasing to 1.10, when I finally decided to hop on board.

once I get some tradeable cash from my previous fuckery I'm going to drop some more into AMYZF. Lucked into it at .86 last week. Seems like that could explode in price if they get more positive news either with funding for large scale plant or more contracts from govt/private. Also considering putting more into the TSNP to catch the ride from ticker change to HUMBL and uplisting  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

I know this feeling all too well.

14 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Yup, I do this too, a lot unfortunately. Lately I've been putting 1/3 or 1/2 of my position at the current price so I'll be in the trade just in case it takes off and never looks back, then look to add on pullbacks. It's not perfect, but it eases the FOMO a bit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

I learned my lesson a while back on penny stocks. Don't worry to much abound catching a dip and just put the limit price at the current price unless you feel strongly about trying to catch a couple hundred dollars (or if you are day trading).

Just now, hayden_horn said:

oh well, should have pulled the trigger on a sale of some snvp at .014. live and learn, i guess.

In the short term maybe, lots of people play that rollercoaster. Long term if this is going to run, it's not a matter of space between pennies

I've been out with my daughter for her birthday all day today and just vaguely monitoring from my phone. Just popping in to see market close now. How is everyone fairing. My account has been doing some pretty wicked value swings the last hour or so

Just now, RCRanger03 said:

In the short term maybe, lots of people play that rollercoaster. Long term if this is going to run, it's not a matter of space between pennies

I've been out with my daughter for her birthday all day today and just vaguely monitoring from my phone. Just popping in to see market close now. How is everyone fairing. My account has been doing some pretty wicked value swings the last hour or so

well, i got it at .0075, so i was hoping for that .015 to cover my money and have some free stock, like yall were saying yesterday. 

but the snvp is still up 85%

fpvd is up 41.3%

xmet up 34% and flirting with a penny

pmfs up slightly

amyzf is up 34%.

pretty good day, i suppose. even though i invested ~$50 in each of those.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Afternoon drop caught me, but sitting at +33% on the day. Up 60% on Dogecoin flips since yesterday.

9 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

well, i got it at .0075, so i was hoping for that .015 to cover my money and have some free stock, like yall were saying yesterday. 

but the snvp is still up 85%

fpvd is up 41.3%

xmet up 34% and flirting with a penny

pmfs up slightly

amyzf is up 34%.

pretty good day, i suppose. even though i invested ~$50 in each of those.

gainz are gainz

They talked about that in the shareholder meeting on Friday, that is the filing to increase A/S. It was a known event, but it is good to see them doing the things they said in a timely manner.
Wally is right. It was either the increased A/S or a R/S. The increase is the biggest one they've done more than 50%, but this is the biggest event in the company's history. I trust the company to use the "dilution" well, as they have in the past.

There will be every attempt to drive it down on this news, as it will be the last opportunity to do so before uplist. Tomorrow should be very interesting indeed. Honeslty I'd personally like a day or two of sideways accumulation. Continually climbing this steeply this many days in a row isn't healthy for the stock. Creates unreasonable shareholder expectations and big gaps to fill, as you saw today.

Also remember we're another day closer to Nasdaq. As of last Friday it was 1 week minimum and 2 weeks max. The first steps are proceeding as expected which is good.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Believer in Tsnp and a major shareholder with 25c entry but damn it feels beyond out of touch with current reality of where it actually stands in rollout/rev generation. So tempting to take the profits and buy the inevitable dip.

Same man. I tried to make sense of this market at the beginning of the pandemic. It didn’t go well.

Believer in Tsnp and a major shareholder with 25c entry but damn it feels beyond out of touch with current reality of where it actually stands in rollout/rev generation. So tempting to take the profits and buy the inevitable dip.
I'm no math guy but I think that's a nice 580% return so far. Can't go wrong scraping some profits to protect your downside risk.

I don't dissuade profit taking at all. I initially sell WAY earlier than most of yall, but because of that I basically hodl the rest forever lol.

If you trade out of TSNP I'd keep at least a legacy holding in the off chance you get caught out on a gap morning. Happened to a few of my original ALPPers, who were accumulating through flipping their whole positions.

21 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

I don't dissuade profit taking at all. I initially sell WAY earlier than most of yall, but because of that I basically hodl the rest forever lol.

If you trade out of TSNP I'd keep at least a legacy holding in the off chance you get caught out on a gap morning. Happened to a few of my original ALPPers, who were accumulating through flipping their whole positions.

I’m about to sell my FPVD and transfer the cash to my ROTH so I can rebuy the position in there.  

20 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I’m about to sell my FPVD and transfer the cash to my ROTH so I can rebuy the position in there.  

This is not a bad idea at all growth potential on BigToken is large. 

7 minutes ago, bluto said:

That just push the share retiring back further essentially?

It's unclear if it's related to that at all. the original date of this status check was 1/8/21 which was during the period under the Motion to Bar unnasserted claims, so nothing had been ruled on. The matter had been set for the status check back in early December

Status checks are just there to keep the court informed. Maybe they consider the court already informed? Maybe Termination is just around the corner? 

People will definitely try to use it to paint a negative light tomorrow, which is why I wanted to get it circulating now. 

On the Fidelity discussion, I got blocked this morning on several trades. The message it gave when you looked it up in the help section says Fidelity blocks trades marked with a stop from otcmarkets.com. It looks like that means the companies have not made anything public and trading those securities is prohibited by the SEC. I was trying to get in on USMJ and VPER.