City student passes 3 classes in four years, ranks near top half of class with 0.13 GPA

clapclapclap

14 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

You seem to really like governmental authority. Again, so much freedom. I guess if it can prevent people asleep on side walks we should kill them. Seems perfectly reasonable to keep your streets looking white

You pretend that a vacuum exists in the absence of governmental authority. You'll be taking it up the ass no matter whos in charge, would you like a say in whos in charge or would you like to cede that decision to the highest bidder or most powerful gun?

• Like 1

Life expectancy for Black populations declined the most from 2019 – by 2.7 years, to 72 years – its lowest level since 2001. Latinos experienced the second-biggest decline, falling 1.9 years since 2019 to a life expectancy of 79.9 years, lower than when it was first recorded in 2006.

3 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Life expectancy for Black populations declined the most from 2019 – by 2.7 years, to 72 years – its lowest level since 2001. Latinos experienced the second-biggest decline, falling 1.9 years since 2019 to a life expectancy of 79.9 years, lower than when it was first recorded in 2006.

Everyones life expectancy declined by 1 year or more as a result of the pandemic, that includes.....gaaaaaaaaaasp whitey....  Death ain't racist, except in the B rate action movies of course..

3 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Everyones life expectancy declined by 1 year or more as a result of the pandemic, that includes.....gaaaaaaaaaasp whitey....  Death ain't racist, except in the B rate action movies of course..

Death ain’t racist, agreed. Dying earlier varies based on one’s race, though.

This is political due to differing responses to the pandemic between the two political parties.

4 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Death ain’t racist, agreed. Dying earlier varies based on one’s race, though.

This is political due to differing responses to the pandemic between the two political parties.

Again everyone is in the reduced life expectancy pool. It's economic, and I'm not sure I've seen a whites only vaccine line yet.  Everybody has been shut down, and had to mask up.

What have the parties done that hurt or help ?

That's a pretty simplistic and silly metric though. Because if a white person does the above, they'll end up middle class at worst, which is a huge leap above "not eating shit out of a dumpster". And I can personally attest that white people can fuck up the checklist above completely and still end up affluent. Minorities rarely get that privilege.

Look, I know people who did all 3 of those and managed to be poor. Some have anxiety issues, some work low paying jobs they enjoy. I know alcoholics and drug users that did fine.

How about be born smart and motivated and not abused? Or maybe even inventive and luck into an emerging field. That seems to be better advice. 100% of Bill Gates that created Microsoft are doing well.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Really?

One party promoted mask usage and shutting down occasions where the virus can spread The other Party...

Fuck it. “Free Michigan!”

I'm sorry how is that racist ?  How does that affect the minorIty population any more than any other race. Everybody is in the same boat if no one has to or has to wear masks, and all business are or are not shut down.  I fail to see the racial component in such scenarios.

If you wanna label a parties actions, label it as senior age discrimination because that's who it affects in the vast vast majority of cases.  Older (and younger) people with underlying conditions.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I'm sorry how is that racist ?  How does that affect the minorIty population any more than any other race. Everybody is in the same boat if no one has to or has to wear masks, and all business are or are not shut down.  I fail to see the racial component in such scenarios.

Other than the pandemic more disproportionately affecting black and brown folk? The consequences of these disparate responses, such as  insisting on political rallies where mask usage was ignored, played out to bring greater harm to these communities. 

Still, I’m not saying the intent was to harm targeted groups. If you are drawing a distinction between drug policy intended to harm one group more than another, and actions that ‘only’ effectively did the same, I can see your point. Though that point is diminished by the knowledge, that the pandemic was disproportionately affecting these folks, being known at the time.

4 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Other than the pandemic more disproportionately affecting black and brown folk? The consequences of these disparate responses, such as  insisting on political rallies where mask usage was ignored, played out to bring greater harm to these communities. 

Still, I’m not saying the intent was to harm targeted groups. If you are drawing a distinction between drug policy intended to harm one group more than another, and actions that ‘only’ effectively did the same, I can see your point. Though that point is diminished by the knowledge, that the pandemic was disproportionately affecting these folks, being known at the time.

My OP was simply stating that everyones life expectancy dropped at least 1 year black, white, pink, yellow. 

1 minute ago, Willfully Horn said:

Okay. Mine was that black life expectancy dropped 2.7 years. 

It seems to coincide with obesity rates as well.

https://health.uconn.edu/population-health/adult-obesity/race-ethnicity/

• In 2018, Blacks (non-Hispanic) (36.5%) reported the highest percentage of obesity followed by Hispanics (31.1%).
  • Whites (non-Hispanic) (26.1 %) and Other (non-Hispanic) (18.0%) reported lower percentages of obesity when compared to other racial/ethnic groups.
  • Blacks (non-Hispanic) saw a 0.3% decrease in obesity in 2018 when compared to the CT SIM pre-implementation results from 2015. All other groups reported increases (0.9% to 2.4%) in obesity from 2015 to 2018.

Do you mean that poor people, who have less funds to get access to things like healthy foods and vegetables, and often shop at places like the dollar store for groceries, are more likely to be obese? No fucking wai. 

now let’s do percentage of poverty based on race. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

21 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I think lack of fathers in homes is hurting children terribly.  Including this one, unless he has a dad in his life they forgot to mention in the article.  

If my father had been as shitty and unaware of a human being as you, I’d probably wish he was in prison.  Probably for fleecing minorities on groceries?  

Just dropping in to say I’m watching the feud right now and when Steve Harvey asked this kinda chunky but normal looking white woman a question to win the game that went “what state is most likely to fall in the ocean” she just answered “Michigan!”

Were fucked. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Do you mean that poor people, who have less funds to get access to things like healthy foods and vegetables, and often shop at places like the dollar store for groceries, are more likely to be obese? No fucking wai. 

now let’s do percentage of poverty based on race. 

So I'm not wrong then? Thanks for agreeing. 

Here's you poverty by race.

In 2019, the poverty rate for the United States was 10.5%, the lowest since estimates were first released for 1959.

Poverty rates declined between 2018 and 2019 for all major race and Hispanic origin groups.

Two of these groups, Blacks and Hispanics, reached historic lows in their poverty rates in 2019. The poverty rate for Blacks was 18.8%; for Hispanics, it was 15.7%.

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

In 2019, the poverty rate for the United States was 10.5%, the lowest since estimates were first released for 1959.

Poverty rates declined between 2018 and 2019 for all major race and Hispanic origin groups.

Two of these groups, Blacks and Hispanics, reached historic lows in their poverty rates in 2019. The poverty rate for Blacks was 18.8%; for Hispanics, it was 15.7%.

Of course you forgot to mention that for whites it’s 9%. Blacks were 21.2% source:

Poverty by race

But sure. You keep seeing the tree and not the forest and being a rat fucking POS. By the way, we missed your source. Feel free to link it just so we are sure it wasn’t something you scrawled in crayon on one of the empty pages in your copy of The Turner Diaries. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just dropping in to say I’m watching the feud right now and when Steve Harvey asked this kinda chunky but normal looking white woman a question to win the game that went “what state is most likely to fall in the ocean” she just answered “Michigan!”
Were fucked. 

Why? Her answer is as geologically sound as any other. California isn’t going to fall into anything.

The only correct answer is Texas, because Oklahoma sucks.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Of course you forgot to mention that for whites it’s 9%. Blacks were 21.2% source:

Poverty by race

But sure. You keep seeing the tree and not the forest and being a rat fucking POS. By the way, we missed your source. Feel free to link it just so we are sure it wasn’t something you scrawled in crayon on one of the empty pages in your copy of The Turner Diaries. 

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2020/09/poverty-rates-for-blacks-and-hispanics-reached-historic-lows-in-2019.html

@StassneyHorn isn't wrong, I had to copy paste this sentence.

Edited by workswithseed

I love that my point was that there are massive inequalities based on race, and all you had to say was “but overall poverty is improving” as if that’s germane to the point, and the title of the article you cited was basically “there are massive inequalities based on race.” That’s just chef’s kiss level density right there. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I love that my point was that there are massive inequalities based on race, and all you had to say was “but overall poverty is improving” as if that’s germane to the point, and the title of the article you cited was basically “there are massive inequalities based on race.” That’s just chef’s kiss level density right there. 

He’s Jedi level dense. Has no idea what he’s fighting for but puts up a helluva effort.  For nothing.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This just seems like low expectations for poor people. Can you not lose weight from eating junk food, and do you have to eat junk food being poor? 

https://thewholecarrot.com/2019/09/olympia-auset-interview-food-apartheid/

Here's a a company trying to help break food deserts. The interview with Olympia will help you understand that. I get it, you have to click it and listen to a person talk for 40 minutes, but I think you can do this. There are companies who wants to make it easier for people who are poor to be healthier. 

Okay, sorry I didn't say cause and affect for you. there you go 

This just seems like low expectations for poor people. Can you not lose weight from eating junk food, and do you have to eat junk food being poor? 

Here's a a company trying to help break food deserts. The interview with Olympia will help you understand that. I get it, you have to click it and listen to a person talk for 40 minutes, but I think you can do this. There are companies who wants to make it easier for people who are poor to be healthier. 

You know what would help poor people get healthier?

Free health care. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Another chef’s kiss again, you stupid fuck. You attempt to mock me by pointing out cause and Effect in your last sentence and the entirety of the rest of your post is dedicated to pointing out the existence of a potential solution, which tacitly requires the acknowledgement of the actual problem: poor people often can’t afford to eat healthy. You know, cause and effect. Thanks for agreeing with me, in the lost backwards way you don’t even realize, you heinous little troll. 

and in case you missed the capitalization, it’s Cause and EFFECT, not affect dummy. 

20 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You know what would help poor people get healthier?

Free health care. 

Free?

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Another chef’s kiss again, you stupid fuck. You attempt to mock me by pointing out cause and Effect in your last sentence and the entirety of the rest of your post is dedicated to pointing out the existence of a potential solution, which tacitly requires the acknowledgement of the actual problem: poor people often can’t afford to eat healthy. You know, cause and effect. Thanks for agreeing with me, in the lost backwards way you don’t even realize, you heinous little troll. 

and in case you missed the capitalization, it’s Cause and EFFECT, not affect dummy. 

redd foxx fred sanford GIF

Kinda sad that you didn't write that.

Yes, my comment was in agreement, I also showed how it's going away without government intervention, since most would say that only the government can do such things, I'm not saying you would, but seems to be the case. You never answered my questions. 

10 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

No need to get cute, just call it what it is.  For the half the country that pays taxes, it isn’t free.  

Only around 10 percent of 25-55 year olds in their working years don’t pay income taxes. Everyone pays sales taxes and property taxes (or pays their landlords property taxes through rent).

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

If you're talking about economics as a way to avoid talking about race: you're dancing on Nixon's puppet strings. Just ask Lee Atwater:

Y'all don't quote me on this. You start out in 1954 by saying, "N*****, n*****, n*****." By 1968 you can't say "n*****"—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "N*****, n*****."

Maybe if you had more of an education you'd be able to recognize the patterns through history rather than blindly following the footsteps of your forefathers. 

27 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

No need to get cute, just call it what it is.  For the half the country that pays taxes, it isn’t free.  

"The right to liberty implies a right to health care. We are not free when we are sick. And when we are in pain, or when we are anxious about illness to come, rulers seize upon our suffering, lie to us, and strip away our other freedoms."--Timothy Snyder, Our Malady.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I’m glad Mr Snyder feels that way. I’m sure there’s others that don’t. I don’t know how to frame one present day authors hot take on health care, or if he’s even qualified anymore than someone on this board. 

36 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

It isn’t free for the poor who pay taxes either.  It isn’t free for anyone, but if you’d pay attention, it could cost a lot less for everyone.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Captainant said:

If you're talking about economics as a way to avoid talking about race: you're dancing on Nixon's puppet strings. Just ask Lee Atwater:

Maybe if you had more of an education you'd be able to recognize the patterns through history rather than blindly following the footsteps of your forefathers. 

I mean this is y'all forefathers If we're going by this standard.

"These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference."

Edited by workswithseed

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I’m glad Mr Snyder feels that way. I’m sure there’s others that don’t. I don’t know how to frame one present day authors hot take on health care, or if he’s even qualified anymore than someone on this board. 

3 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

It isn’t free for the poor who pay taxes either.  It isn’t free for anyone, but if you’d pay attention, it could cost a lot less for everyone.  

What Judge says.

Mr. Snyder has written several good books. He is currently at Yale, I believe but has held chairs at several universities across the globe, including the London School of Economics.

Just now, workswithseed said:

I mean this is y'all forefathers If we're by this standard.

"These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference."

No, I'm talking about the southern strategy. Which was spun up in the wake of the civil and voting rights acts getting passed, with the objective of stoking white anxiety. 

Educate yourself

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

What Judge says.

Mr. Snyder has written several good books. He is currently at Yale, I believe but has held chairs at several universities across the globe, including the London School of Economics.

I saw that, and I don't doubt his intelligence.  That does not preclude him from having a political affiliation.  I'm certain I can find some extremely smart people with great resumes on every side of every discussion - it wouldn't be a discussion otherwise. 

W attended Yale.  Cheeto graduated Wharton.  Neither Bill Gates nor Steve Jobs completed college.  

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I saw that, and I don't doubt his intelligence.  That does not preclude him from having a political affiliation.  I'm certain I can find some extremely smart people with great resumes on every side of every discussion - it wouldn't be a discussion otherwise. 

W attended Yale.  Cheeto graduated Wharton.  Neither Bill Gates nor Steve Jobs completed college.  

Does your stubborn “ain’t gonna pay for nobody” ass wanna pay $100 bucks for Jorge to go get a checkup and get meds for his sinus infection, or end up paying $15,000 for hospitalization when he gets pneumonia?  Because you’re paying for the latter already.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1