2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

9 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Lol. Pitching is definitely not why we lost this World Series. 

You don't think a decent starter could have won Game 1 and change the entire tone of the series?  3-2 Game 4 wasn't winnable with a decent starter?  You really think this isn't a different game if we aren't starting a guy who pitched 2 days ago and Fried doesn't have the stress relief of a big lead?  As to not scoring in Game 3, are you too young to remember Jack Morris's Game 7 in 1991?  Most World Series usually have some sort of pitcher's duel game.

Lack of quality starters and the bullpen mostly performing well but ultimately overused is THE story of our 2021 WS.

The old adage is still true, pitching wins more titles than hitting.

Edited by clapclapclap

1 minute ago, clapclapclap said:

You don't think a decent starter could have won Game 1 and change the entire tone of the series?  3-2 game 4 wasn't winnable with a decent starter?  You really think this isn't a different game if we aren't starting a guy who pitched 2 days ago and Fried doesn't have the stress relief of a big lead?  As to not scoring in Game 3, are you too young to remember Jack Morris's Game 7 in 1991?  Most World Series usually have some sort of pitcher's duel.

Lack of quality starters and the bullpen mostly performing well but ultimately overused is THE story of our 2021 WS.

Not hitting worth a shit is THE story of our 2021 WS.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, clapclapclap said:

You don't think a decent starter could have won Game 1 and change the entire tone of the series?  3-2 game 4 wasn't winnable with a decent starter?  You really think this isn't a different game if we aren't starting a guy who pitched 2 days ago and Fried doesn't have the stress relief of a big lead?  As to not scoring in Game 3, are you too young to remember Jack Morris's Game 7 in 1991?  Most World Series usually have some sort of pitcher's duel.

Greinke went 4 scoreless in game 4. 

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Not hitting worth a shit is THE story of our 2021 WS.

Which might have something to do with Atlanta's pitching.

And proves my point, bats can go cold.  You usually need enough quality pitching to overcome that.  We're playing the hottest team from the NL this series.  They're good right now. 

And not every pitcher is going to be great all series.  It's a team game.  But you usually need enough balance.

You don't think a decent starter could have won Game 1 and change the entire tone of the series?  3-2 Game 4 wasn't winnable with a decent starter?  You really think this isn't a different game if we aren't starting a guy who pitched 2 days ago and Fried doesn't have the stress relief of a big lead?  As to not scoring in Game 3, are you too young to remember Jack Morris's Game 7 in 1991?  Most World Series usually have some sort of pitcher's duel game.
The old adage is still true, pitching wins more titles than hitting.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but some opinions are wrong. Blaming Click for not trading for 1991 Jack Morris is the funniest non-monkey related post I’ve seen on this site today.

Coming into the playoffs, Click absolutely looked like he did not do enough to fix our bullpen, but then all of his dudes ended up dominating. That can’t be discounted. Nor can the loss of Lance.

I even made a post about how dumb it was to pitch Urquidy last game, but that doesn’t matter. We lost this at the plate, period.
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Blaming Click for not trading for 1991 Jack Morris is the funniest non-monkey related post I’ve seen on this site today.

That wasn't what I said or anything close to the point I was making.  Which you know, just a dumb Twitter/CR style response, so I won't spell it out again.