2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

In the first week of August, 1986 we lived in the bay area. Mrs. Mo and I went to a double header at Candlestick to watch the Astros and Giants. It was the coldest I've ever been at a baseball game, and I've been to many games at the Disch early in the season. Astros got swept and it was a miserable day. It was a playoff atmosphere. Later that year Mike Scott clinched the West with a no hitter against them. I'm hoping that's a good omen for things to come. 

This was a good preview of the playoffs, but if we want to have a better outcome our pitching needs to be a lot better. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Little correa

JC Correa (@jc_correa5) went 6-for-6 with 2 R, 2 2B, 2 RBI in win for @ashevilletourists. Here is all 6 of his hits! He’s now hitting .486 in High-A. #Astros #AstrosFuture

Now we know Click's plan for next year. Let Carlos walk and replace him with his brother. Brilliant!!! And you all doubted him. 

While every other Astros fan was shitting down Dusty's throat for not challenging the play, my reaction then was the same as now. WTF CHAZZZZ? You're the one tagged or not tagged, why are you not telling the bench to challenge if you know you were safe?

Edited by Gourmand

If they're going to IL Brantley for ten days, then they will need someone to replace him and Bregman makes sense. Take him out of the game and get him ready to head to LA tomorrow.

Even if Brantley is out and this injury is a charade, Bregman is in no way ready to face pro pitching again. He’s been abysmal in Sugar Land.