2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

5 division titles in 6 years. Great times to be a Astros fan. Since all of us started following team in 2015

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2016 the Astros finished 3rd. It's 4 in 5, or 4 in the last 4 full seasons.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, UTHornFan014 said:
4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:
Homefield magic number is 2.

Should only be 1? If we finish with the same record we have the tiebreaker over the White Sox

You are correct. I forgot that, though I just assumed MLB would make us play a 163 for it in Chicago.

My favorite part of September…sparky from the clubhouse with the postseason clinching celebration

“Guys are putting on the music [rap music playing the background]..sounds like a little Queen. And Styx. I think that’s what we got for the next hour and a half.  That sound right?”

Edited by UTexasFight

3 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

My favorite part of September…sparky from the clubhouse with the postseason clinching celebration

“Guys are putting on the music [rap music playing the background]..sounds like a little Queen. And Styx. I think that’s what we got for the next hour and a half.  That sound right?”

A wet Sparky is the best Sparks. Libations all around, with Ford being the straight guy on the radio. It's classic.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Dusty - hardest one for him, injuries and covid. No excuses for this team. Special group. Thanks God for keeping them strong. He’s close to a lot of former astros. Very trying year but wonderful experience. Very trying on them with all the negativity. This is just the beginning. This is a team of pros. I’m only as good as my players, put them in a situation to succeed. Locker room has stayed very positive. 

• Hook 'Em 1