DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

11 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I agree with the family camps being a somewhat better stance, but let's be real. If the Trump administration did that the outrage would be equally feverish. OMG they are building dedicated facilities to lock up entire families in concentration camps!!11!

This has been my issue from election day + 1.  The hysterical reaction to everything Trump does (OMG he dumped out the fish food! da tweets!) washes out the real deplorable shit that needs to be confronted head on. When an environment of constant information chaos is created, shit don't get processed by the average American. Trump thrives on exactly that, and the media has played right along from day one. This board can't even track the real outrages vs the manufactured ones, but you people realize that every poster here, even the total fucking retards, are operating at the right end of the intelligence bell curve. Whatever. Pour another one and watch a rudderless political party commit suicide, hoping something better comes out the other side. 

here's why so many of your posts ring hollow. maybe you don't realize it, so i'm kind of going to give it a try.

you are obviously against the separation of families, at least it seems. however, your step forward in sentence one of paragraph one. the rest of your post delves into a weird hypothetical because, for some reason, you think that the constant criticism of trump is unwarranted, because no matter what happens people are going to freak out.

no.

people are freaking out because of the outrageous shit. THIS ISSUE is an example of "the real deplorable shit that needs to be confronted head on."

and what you do with posts like yours, even if you aren't #bothsides, is legitimize the both sides. when you should be decrying in the loudest and most powerful terms, you still equivocate because some people are shrill about some things. it ruins you as a poster a bit, because we all know you're a smart guy. you just don't seem to want to take a stance, instead trying to be critical of the critics. it's strange.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

here's why so many of your posts ring hollow. maybe you don't realize it, so i'm kind of going to give it a try.

you are obviously against the separation of families, at least it seems. however, your step forward in sentence one of paragraph one. the rest of your post delves into a weird hypothetical because, for some reason, you think that the constant criticism of trump is unwarranted, because no matter what happens people are going to freak out.

no.

people are freaking out because of the outrageous shit. THIS ISSUE is an example of "the real deplorable shit that needs to be confronted head on."

and what you do with posts like yours, even if you aren't #bothsides, is legitimize the both sides. when you should be decrying in the loudest and most powerful terms, you still equivocate because some people are shrill about some things. it ruins you as a poster a bit, because we all know you're a smart guy. you just don't seem to want to take a stance, instead trying to be critical of the critics. it's strange.

This. 

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Read what you wrote. Your stance is that even if this bad, the "left" would have been outraged no matter what, so it really doesnt matter. I agree with the first part. That is political reality. The second part is stupid. This is evil. 

Oh good.  More strawmen. I think that you need to reread what I wrote. Maybe slower this time so it has a chance to sink in. What I said what that the information chaos created by Trump and facilitated by the media only dilutes the real issues and circumstances where Trump needs to be loudly opposed. This was my concern when fucking lunatics were crying in the streets on inauguration day. You are a smart poster, smarter than the quoted post portrays. 

13 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I would love america to be the whole planet. It isnt realistic or feasible, but I think the world would be better for it. At least, I did.  

A.  America is capitalized.

B. I agree.  I want freedom & liberty for everyone regardless of their zip code.  But mass importation of people from other cultures isn't a reasonable option.  We need to work to make these other countries safe, free, and provide a decent place for the people there to raise families, go to work, make a living, and live without fear. 

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

no.

You mean Anastasis was disingenuous? I’m shocked 

3 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

B. I agree.  I want freedom & liberty for everyone regardless of their zip code.  But mass importation of people from other cultures isn't a reasonable option.  We need to work to make these other countries safe, free, and provide a decent place for the people there to raise families, go to work, make a living, and live without fear. 

What in any way, shape or form makes you think Trump is interested in doing any of that?

As someone who grew up Methodist, it makes me ill that Sessions identifies as that. 

Edited by mdmost

5 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Read what you wrote. Your stance is that even if this bad, the "left" would have been outraged no matter what, so it really doesnt matter. I agree with the first part. That is political reality. The second part is stupid. This is evil. 

He’s right you know. Anything other than “Come on over here you silly gooses. Beer’s in the fridge of your new house” would be rejected by the left. Fuck the left.

These are deplorable tactics being used by the Right. I understand why they have been implemented, but fuck the Right for not coming up with a more palatable solution.

What you are saying is that it’s ok for a poor person to steal food from Walmart because Walmart is a huge corporation and the poor person has to survive. You don’t give a shit that this affects the bottom line, which affects prices consumers pay and the person who got laid off’s family because they’re faceless names that can always get another job while collecting unemployment. So fuck you too.

2 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

Which, you have to agree, is incredibly ironic.

1 minute ago, Spankytoes said:

He’s right you know. Anything other than “Come on over here you silly gooses. Beer’s in the fridge of your new house” would be rejected by the left. Fuck the left.

These are deplorable tactics being used by the Right. I understand why they have been implemented, but fuck the Right for not coming up with a more palatable solution.

What you are saying is that it’s ok for a poor person to steal food from Walmart because Walmart is a huge corporation and the poor person has to survive. You don’t give a shit that this affects the bottom line, which affects prices consumers pay and the person who got laid off’s family because they’re faceless names that can always get another job while collecting unemployment. So fuck you too.

Yea except that’s not what anyone has said. 

2 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

Phone does phone. But thanks for lesson. I simply do not think there are so many people that want to come that we couldnt handle the inflow. In a lot of ways accepting mass immigration is superior to the declining and aging populations in find in Russia, much or Europe, and Japan. 

1 hour ago, Spankytoes said:

Not a single goddamn person has advocated for open “boarders” in this thread.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

Just now, mdmost said:

What in any way, shape or form makes you think Trump is interested in doing any of that? 

A.  If you are looking at ANYONE in DC to fix anything...you're fucked.

B.  It's going to depend greatly on the people of those places to make this happen.  Which is always part of my argument.  As long as we allow ourselves to be the 'blow off valve' for Mexico and other countries & help fix their issues via transfer payments...nothing will change.  Sure we've gotten MS-13 members & drug dealers...but we've taken a lot of hard working business owners and entrepreneurs as well. 

We need to push the free market...and open markets.  We also need to help clean up and stabilize many of these governments.  

1 minute ago, XR4ticlone said:

A.  If you are looking at ANYONE in DC to fix anything...you're fucked.

B.  It's going to depend greatly on the people of those places to make this happen.  Which is always part of my argument.  As long as we allow ourselves to be the 'blow off valve' for Mexico and other countries & help fix their issues via transfer payments...nothing will change.  Sure we've gotten MS-13 members & drug dealers...but we've taken a lot of hard working business owners and entrepreneurs as well. 

We need to push the free market...and open markets.  We also need to help clean up and stabilize many of these governments.  

The current occupant of the White House disagrees.

3 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

I’m sure it’s not. Ask around at the county hospital sometime on s random Monday night and see who is correct.

Money is spent on all sorts of stuff. But it isnt all or even most. That was your assertion and it is false. 

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

There's a massive gulf between fully open boarders and let's not separate children from their parents even if they're here illegally. I don't know why that former keeps getting thrown around. 

About as ridiculous as equating separating families for breaking the law to sending children to the gas chambers due to Nazi tactics because Mexicans are subhuman I’d say.

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

There's a massive gulf between fully open boarders and let's not separate children from their parents even if they're here illegally. I don't know why that former keeps getting thrown around. 

Because straw man.

Seriously, I have seen that straw man trotted out dozens upon dozens of times.  It's what they've got.  And when what your opponents in an argument have is just logical fallacy upon fallacy, the argument is over.

They'll keep arguing, of course.  But it's been over for a couple of days now.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

no.

Hypothetical about hystericals? Legit LOL. See upthread.  Our society is entrenched in total information chaos, including this fucking thread where we have some obviously total nonsensical FB/twatter nonsense being posted and reposted and linked for consumption.  The fucking noise being created drowns out reality.  And that is exactly the play that Trump is running.  I point out that we are feeding into that and I am legitimizing evil. OK.   

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Quote it. Quote the post where someone said we should have open borders

To be fair, I said I would like that. But it was aspirational, not a serious suggestion at policy. I have been clear that I am open to any middle ground.

Just now, Anastasis said:

Hypothetical about hystericals? Legit LOL. See upthread.  Our society is entrenched in total information chaos, including this fucking thread where we have some obviously total nonsensical FB/twatter nonsense being posted and reposted and linked for consumption.  The fucking noise being created drowns out reality.  And that is exactly the play that Trump is running.  I point out that we are feeding into that and I am legitimizing evil. OK.   

When you -- with near perfect consistency -- fail to EVER call out the evil that you (supposedly) DO think should be called out...well, forgive the rest of us for doubting your sincerity.

You are 1000X more concerned about folks complaining about Trump than you are about ANYTHING his admin has done.  So, yeah.  It rings really fucking hollow.

• Like 9

Just now, Brisketexan said:

When you -- with near perfect consistency -- fail to EVER call out the evil that you (supposedly) DO think should be called out...well, forgive the rest of us for doubting your sincerity.

You are 1000X more concerned about folks complaining about Trump than you are about ANYTHING his admin has done.  So, yeah.  It rings really fucking hollow.

Preach. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Because straw man.

Seriously, I have seen that straw man trotted out dozens upon dozens of times.  It's what they've got.  And when what your opponents in an argument have is just logical fallacy upon fallacy, the argument is over.

They'll keep arguing, of course.  But it's been over for a couple of days now.

And it's why nothing meaningful will happen on immigration reform. A reasonable option, IMO, is a guest worker program where you bring illegals into the fold, get them paying taxes, and into the system. They don't get a vote. They don't get citizenship for a while. But there's a contingent of people who just can't get over that initial illegal act that stops anything meaningful from getting off the ground. 

Edited by mdmost

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

To be fair, I said I would like that. But it was aspirational, not a serious suggestion at policy. I have been clear that I am open to any middle ground.

I stand corrected. Point still rings true though. The “left” is for open borders despite that position only being considered by one fucking person. Gotta have everyone in their groups though. Sparky seems to have trouble understanding that not everyone opposed to his stupid shit is one unanimous block

Edited by hobbes2702

4 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

About as ridiculous as equating separating families for breaking the law to sending children to the gas chambers due to Nazi tactics because Mexicans are subhuman I’d say.

Well, it is quite literally how the camps started. So, there are some similarities. 

5 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

And you just pulled the what about card. Come on man. 

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Quote it. Quote the post where someone said we should have open borders

Oh c’mon now. Let’s not play the “I’m not touching you!” game. What in the fuck do you think DACA and Sanctuary cities, which have been heavily advocated for on this board, are? Calling Auschwitz a “Concentration Club” doesn’t change what it really is. Catch and Release is a friendly term for “tag, your it”.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

And it's why nothing meaningful will happen on immigration reform. A reasonable option, IMO, is a guest worker program where you bring illegals into the fold, get them paying taxes, and into the system. They don't get a vote. They don't get citizenship for a while. But there's a contingent of people who just can't get over that initial illegal act that stops anything meaningful from getting off the ground. 

I’m for a guest worker program. A massive one. But illegals need to self deport and apply.  If you reward law breaking and you get more of it. 

1 minute ago, Spankytoes said:

Oh c’mon now. Let’s not play the “I’m not touching you!” game. What in the fuck do you think DACA and Sanctuary cities, which have been heavily advocated for on this board, are? Calling Auschwitz a “Concentration Club” doesn’t change what it really is. Catch and Release is a friendly term for “tag, your it”.

So you’re saying that you made a claim without evidence? One might say you lied? Is that what you’re telling us?

And let’s not forget that neither of those things have anything to do with open borders but youu knew that. Or maybe not in which case I’ll say again, you’re a fucking moron.

Edited by hobbes2702

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

I stand corrected. Point still rings true though. The “left” is for open borders despite that position only being considered by one fucking person. Gotta our everyone in their groups though. Sparky seems to have trouble understanding that not everyone opposed to his stupid shit is one unanimous block

Well, and a belief in Americam exceptionalism and a desire to spread it and capitalism around the globe was, until recently, a trait decidely of the "right." That is how I have always viewed it.  

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I’m for a guest worker program. A massive one. But illegals need to self deport and apply.  If you reward law breaking and you get more of it. 

I am ok with that as well, so long as the program is large and easy to apply to. We need the workers.

Edited by Dahobbs

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

legit lol, tho, amirite?

Just now, hayden_horn said:

legit lol, tho, amirite?

Faux outrage you crazy lefties. There’s real news to pay attention to. Not this. Not Mueller or Russia. Not the obvious pay for play or corruption. The Democrats May be doing something we can use to Equivocate both sides! 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

If they all self-deport simultaneously, good luck on finding somewhere to eat in Houston. Or California, Florida, or Texas produce on store shelves. Or houses, offices and apartment buildings getting completed. Or your grass getting cut, or your house getting cleaned. 

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I am ok with that as well, so long as the program is large and easy to apply to. We need the workers.

But it won't be and thinking 20 million people will self deport with their families is about as unrealistic as thinking ICE can kick all of them out. They are here now. There's a way to bring them into the fold or at least give them a good enough chance to do so where they're not fearful their kids are also screwed. 

Edited by mdmost

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Guest worker program along with penalties for any company hiring an illegal immigrant.