DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

11 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

One good thing about this thread, it’s kind of like the pizzagate thread on Kevin’s scat site, you can tell real easily who the posters are that are either part of the scumbag wing of the GOP or Russian trolls. Just look for the posters defending this shit and they reveal all you need to know about them. Well except which of those two categories they fall under. 

Come up with new material you fucking troll.

12 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Build family camps.  And expedite this shit so they aren't stuck long.  Asylum is granted pretty narrowly in my experience.  Most won't qualify.  Some will.

Catch and release is a stupid and dangerous policy that is just going to encourage more illegal immigration and more kids dying in the brush of Mexico or South Texas.

10 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

This actually seems like reasonable compromise. 

4 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Agree with Johnny.  It's a shit situation all around, but using this shit to get a wall built doesn't seem to me like the right thing to do. 

It also seems like there's general agreement from all but the most ardent boot lickers on this.

There we go.  In the midst of all the shit, some decent and human conversation and problem-solving.  With the caveat that NOTHING is perfect, this is the kind of reasonable -- if difficult -- conversation we should be having.

Again, I've disagreed with Johnny on a LOT as of late, but on immigration, the Venn diagram of our positions has always been two circles that overlap more than they don't.  There are PLENTY of folks who (1) are NOT for "open borders, no immigration laws" but (2) are AGAINST this pointless forced separation of children from their parents.  I'd actually venture a guess that it's a sizable majority of Americans.

Let families apply for asylum.  If there is no means to guarantee that they will show up for their asylum hearing, then we should be able to detain the family unit humanely, and together.  Process their asylum application as quickly as possible.  If they meet the standard, they stay.  If not, they go.

We can create temporary facilities pretty quickly. Keep the families together, get the kids into some schooling while their cases are being reviewed. Make sure they all have good food and medical care. 

I would like to see us add to this a Marshall plan light for Central America. With all our aid going around the world is sucks our neighbors are not a focal point of this. 

We should be an example on how to handle the problem. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Build family camps.  And expedite this shit so they aren't stuck long.  Asylum is granted pretty narrowly in my experience.  Most won't qualify.  Some will.

Catch and release is a stupid and dangerous policy that is just going to encourage more illegal immigration and more kids dying in the brush of Mexico or South Texas.

I totally agree, but you will run into the problem of detaining kids for long periods of time.  That is a lesser of two evils for me, but maybe not for all.

Honestly, we could probably build refugee-type camps for cheaper than the cost of detaining the parents and placing the children.

Edited by JBJ

I think Congress needs to pass a law to allow the reinstatement of family prisons, which was the Obama attempt at a stopgap until a court stopped it.   Reinstating family detention is fine if there are humane living situations, but that there are worse alternatives (I.e. separating families) doesn't relieve us of our human rights obligations.  And the current policy needs to end immediately; that we are unprepared for this humanitarian crisis doesn't excuse our present treatment of these families while we get our shit together. 

We can create temporary facilities pretty quickly. Keep the families together, get the kids into some schooling while their cases are being reviewed. Make sure they all have good food and medical care. 
I would like to see us add to this a Marshall plan light for Central America. With all our aid going around the world is sucks our neighbors are not a focal point of this. 

Agreed

2 minutes ago, JBJ said:

I totally agree, but you will run into the problem of detaining kids for long periods of time.  That is a lesser of two evils for me, but maybe not for all.

And these "camps", the second it becomes politically convenient, will transform overnight into internment camps.

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Equinox will now turn to the standard argument of either trump didn’t say what he was actually recorded on tape saying or alternatively that he was joking. As I type this he may have already done so. Let’s see how he does cotton. 

Just now, JimmyJames said:

Equinox will now turn to the standard argument of either trump didn’t say what he was actually recorded on tape saying or alternatively that he was joking. As I type this he may have already done so. Let’s see how he does cotton. 

Lmao he and BabyBackBitchGaga whatever the fuck his name is already did

12 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

There are a shitload of fema trailers just sitting around collecting dust.  Temp facilities can be done quick.

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Keep sucking on CNN's dick. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, Equinox said:

Come up with new material you fucking troll.

Ok. How about this:

trump, a trumpkin, and Adolf hitler walk into a bar. Hitler turns to trump and say hey what do you think about ripping the brown children from their parents? Trump thinks for a minute and says, yeah sure, why not? 

Badump bump hiss....

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 1

What an awful, inhumane hill to die on.

But god bless them, Democrats and the American public who isn't MAGAtarded should let them falling on the child separation grenades. Heckuva job, Brownie.

Just now, Lucid said:

The family separation is nasty shit but if the alternative (until Congress alters the law) is letting them walk and hoping they show up at their hearing rather than pulling a Houdini, so fucking be it

Fuck you. 

8 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Congressional Republicans are going to love getting officially blamed for this.  I feel real bad for them.

LOL?  WTF for?  They let this orange buttfucker get off his leash.  Now he's sodomizing everyone and you feel bad for them?  

Also this fucking whore Kirstjen needs a serious bronco fucking.  I'll sign up for that one.  She won't shit right for months. 

5 hours ago, Texas73 said:

What do you call it when the children are taken away to bathe them and then they never return? As for as the concentration camps, have you seen the videos of the camps?

At least they didn't say hey kids!!, who'd like a shower ??!!

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL?  WTF for?  They let this orange buttfucker get off his leash.  Now he's sodomizing everyone and you feel bad for them?  

Also this fucking whore Kirstjen needs a serious bronco fucking.  I'll sign up for that one.  She won't shit right for months. 

Sarcasm man.  I will never feel bad for anyone who got bitten in the ass by supporting Trump.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

What’s the argument? How do we better convey “Seriously, stop violating our Immigration Laws...and we’re through fucking around with it”? Catch and Release didn’t work. Catch, release in the US and prosecute later without a violator in attendance didn’t work. What consequences should people have as a deterrent to blatantly ignore the fact that we have a legal process that all are welcome to follow and their inability to do so is affecting our citizen’s future?

Of course it sucks on a humanitarian level. But, the warnings have been there, in plain sight. Trump campaigned on Immigration as a focal point letting everyone know that this is happening. At this stage there is no question that they will be enforced unabashedly as Trump doesn’t crawfish because people don’t agree with him. At what point does the finger get pointed at the people violating the policy rather than the policy enforcers themselves? 

What’s the answer to solve the problem, and make no mistake, it IS a problem? Calling it a racial issue is such a jaded distortion of the truth. There is one country that dominates illegal immigration in this country as repeat violators due to their proximity. The law is for ALL offenders, not just our southern neighbors. Facts don’t recognize racism.

...and Fuck Trump

6 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

What’s the argument? How do we better convey “Seriously, stop violating our Immigration Laws...and we’re through fucking around with it”? Catch and Release didn’t work. Catch, release in the US and prosecute later without a violator in attendance didn’t work. What consequences should people have as a deterrent to blatantly ignore the fact that we have a legal process that all are welcome to follow and their inability to do so is affecting our citizen’s future?

Of course it sucks on a humanitarian level. But, the warnings have been there, in plain sight. Trump campaigned on Immigration as a focal point letting everyone know that this is happening. At this stage there is no question that they will be enforced unabashedly as Trump doesn’t crawfish because people don’t agree with him. At what point does the finger get pointed at the people violating the policy rather than the policy enforcers themselves? 

What’s the answer to solve the problem, and make no mistake, it IS a problem? Calling it a racial issue is such a jaded distortion of the truth. There is one country that dominates illegal immigration in this country as repeat violators due to their proximity. The law is for ALL offenders, not just our southern neighbors. Facts don’t recognize racism.

...and Fuck Trump

Is there any problem with setting up humanitarian camps for families? That seems to be the most reasonable solution. Separating kids from mothers is 100% not the solution. Again, fuck anyone and everyone involved. I think this is a crime of fucking outrageous proportions. Anyone not disgusted is disgusting. 

And if the argument is really that due to some quirk in the law we can't house the families together (which I absolutely don't believe), then yes, letting people be free until the law is changed is that only acceptable answer. 

Edited by Dahobbs

2 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

...and Fuck Trump

Point the finger at the families fleeing death? Ok, go for it.

1 minute ago, Spankytoes said:

What consequences should people have as a deterrent to blatantly ignore the fact that we have a legal process that all are welcome to follow and their inability to do so is affecting our citizen’s future?

None. They're fleeing violence, oppression, and extreme poverty. Deterrents won't work unless we make our nation literally worse than theirs. Which, apparently, many of you want to fucking do.

At what point does the finger get pointed at the people violating the policy rather than the policy enforcers themselves? 

The intellectual equivalent of "STOP HITTING YOURSELF!"

What’s the answer to solve the problem, and make no mistake, it IS a problem?

It's not a problem. We are not suffering due to letting these people in. It is a manufactured outrage largely about racism/tribalism/ethnocentrism.

The only problems worth discussing are the ones that motivate these people to take such a huge risk in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Is there any problem with setting up humanitarian camps for families? That seems to be the most reasonable solution. Separating kids from mothers is 100% not the solution. Again, fuck anyone and everyone involved. I think this is a crime of fucking outrageous proportions. Anyone not disgusted is disgusting. 

And if the argument is really that we due to some quirk in the law we can't house the families together (which I absolutely don't believe), then yes, letting people be free until the law is fixed is that only acceptable answer. 

I’m all for it. Who does Mexico make the check out to for payment of operation? We’re covering the land and taxes already.

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

This.

Detain and treat humanely -- there are dozens of ways to go about that.

Allow them to proceed to their asylum hearing as quickly as possible.  If they meet the criteria, grant them asylum.  If not, deport the family.

If you want to "disincentivize" such border crossings, tell folks that (1) we'll have to hold you until your asylum hearing, and (2) if you don't get approved, you're shipped back to your home country.  If you don't have a good claim for asylum, don't bother trying.

• Like 1