DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

5 minutes ago, JBJ said:

The Traffic Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008  says it's a law.

Find it:

https://www.state.gov/j/tip/laws/113178.htm

Seriously, find the provision that says anything about what is happening here. All that is happening is that the agency in charge of enforcement (and ultimately the President) is using its authority on how to enforce the law to pervert it for nefarious ends. Fuck you for suggesting otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, JBJ said:

8 USC 1232.235 b.3

(3) TRANSFERS OF UNACCOMPANIED ALIEN CHILDREN.— Except in the case of exceptional circumstances, any department or agency of the Federal Government that has an unaccompanied alien child in custody shall transfer the custody of such child to the Secretary of Health and Human Services not later than 72 hours after determining that such child is an unaccompanied alien child

----   c.2

(2) SAFE AND SECURE PLACEMENTS.—Subject to section 462(b)(2) of the Homeland Security Act of 2002 (6 U.S.C. 279(b)(2)), an unaccompanied alien child in the custody of the Secretary of Health and Human Services shall be promptly placed in the least restrictive setting that is in the best interest of the child. In making such placements, the Secretary may consider danger to self, danger to the community, and risk of flight. Placement of child trafficking victims may include placement in an Unaccompanied Refugee Minor program, pursuant to section 412(d) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1522(d)), if a suitable family member is not available to provide care. A child shall not be placed in a secure facility absent a determination that the child poses a danger to self or others or has been charged with having committed a criminal offense. The placement of a child in a secure facility shall be reviewed, at a minimum, on a monthly basis, in accordance with procedures prescribed by the Secretary, to determine if such placement remains warranted. 

hahahah

so they are ripping unaccompanied children out of the arms of . . . . ghosts?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RandomIdoit said:

Most of us agree that separating families is wrong, but can any of you tell me what the solution is? Keep them in detention together? Let them go and hope they show up to court? 

This should be the bare minimum. 

3 minutes ago, JBJ said:

8 USC 1232.235 b.3

This?

(3)Transfers of unaccompanied alien children

Except in the case of exceptional circumstances, any department or agency of the Federal Government that has an unaccompanied alien child in custody shall transfer the custody of such child to the Secretary of Health and Human Services not later than 72 hours after determining that such child is an unaccompanied alien child.

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Find it:

https://www.state.gov/j/tip/laws/113178.htm

Seriously, find the provision that says anything about what is happening here. All that is happening is that the agency in charge of enforcement (and ultimately the President) is using its authority on how to enforce the law to pervert it for nefarious ends. Fuck you for suggesting otherwise. 

Already did

He's ignoring the word "unaccompanied" in the law.  Which is about placement of child victims of human traffickers.  It says nothing about splitting up families.  Or putting children in cages or concentration camps or whatever euphemistic word the Trumpkins want to use to justify this.

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I saw it on Facebook therefore it must be true.  Never mind all the people actually going to the detention centers with cameras and witnessing kids in cages and doing interviews with parents who are lawfully seeking asylum but being imprisoned.

Nope, none of that shit is real because lady in the Facebook video told me so.

Lady on Facebook be smart. 

Libs are dumb.

The kids are brown.

but Obama did it so who cares if it’s Evil because, but Obama 

i don’t like being called a Nazi even though I support ripping kids from families, even though that’s not actually happening and what is not actually happening is the same thing Obama did, so you’re not listening when you call me a Nazi 

Did I accurately sum up the trolls argument in this thread? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Jesus Christ, they are not unaccompanied if they are with a parent.  This is not that difficult.

They're intentionally ignoring that part. That's how you know they're losing this argument.

3 minutes ago, Foosters said:

hahahah

so they are ripping unaccompanied children out of the arms of . . . . ghosts?

Of potential human traffickers.  The idea was to separate children from traffickers at non-ports of entry.  If you enter at a port of entry, illehal or not, you don't get separated.

Edited by JBJ

Just now, The Royal We said:

Jesus Christ, they are not unaccompanied if they are with a parent.  This is not that difficult.

Well you see, once their parents are denied asylum or processed through a mass trial in which their defender speaks to them for maybe minute and then somehow ALWAYS found guilty, in a way that in no way resembles a kangaroo court, they're then """unaccompanied""" and become bargaining chips to soulless racists

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Zepol87 said:

But children are not alllowed to be held in federal jail. When they were released to their close family in the US, they moved and were never heard from again. Then the goverment was blamed for "losing" them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

So the children are in with the adults.  The adults that over the years have contributed to countless allegations of sexual assault, rape, and depravity at these detention centers among the detainees.  So lets add in a bunch of kids!  What could go wrong!  

• Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Equinox said:

She's not busy, and the Foundation got all those donations. Maybe she should go down there and take care of everybody.

Hillary didn't spend her donations on herself like Trump did with his foundation. 

3 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Of potential human traffickers.  The idea was to separate children from traffickers at no-ports of entry.  If you enter at a port of entry, you don't get separated.

Oh fuck you. Seriously, fuck you. You are evil too. That is disgusting, taking a law designed to protect kids from human traffickers and suggesting that it provides ANY legal justification for separating kids from their fucking parents. Fuck you a third time. 

Edited by Dahobbs

You guys are trying to be dumb.  They are unaccompanied as soon as the parent gets charged or seeks asylum.

There's actually a separate but similiar section that specifically keeps children with asylum-seeking parents at ports-of-entry.

Build family camps.  And expedite this shit so they aren't stuck long.  Asylum is granted pretty narrowly in my experience.  Most won't qualify.  Some will.

Catch and release is a stupid and dangerous policy that is just going to encourage more illegal immigration and more kids dying in the brush of Mexico or South Texas.

• Like 3

Just now, JBJ said:

You guys are trying to be dumb.  They are unaccompanied as soon as the parent gets charged or seeks asylum.

There's actually a separate but similiar section that specifically keeps children with asylum-seeking parents at ports-of-entry.

Fuck you you evil fucking bastard. 

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Build family camps.  And expedite this shit so they aren't stuck long.  Asylum is granted pretty narrowly in my experience.  Most won't qualify.  Some will.

Catch and release is a stupid and dangerous policy that is just going to encourage more illegal immigration and more kids dying in the brush of Mexico or South Texas.

This actually seems like reasonable compromise. 

• Like 1

Just now, JBJ said:

Surely you can find at least one court case that supports this interpretation of unaccompanied.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Well, with this interpretation, I'm not sure there is a situation where any child is not unaccompanied. 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

This is a very good idea. Or use the abandoned Wal-Mart. Whatever. Just stop taking children from their parents. It's cruel and completely unnecessary.

One good thing about this thread, it’s kind of like the pizzagate thread on Kevin’s scat site, you can tell real easily who the posters are that are either part of the scumbag wing of the GOP or Russian trolls. Just look for the posters defending this shit and they reveal all you need to know about them. Well except which of those two categories they fall under. 

• Like 1

I take issue with calling these facilities concentration camps.  It is complete bullshit.  If they are really concentration camps, than you fuckers need to also be screaming bloody murder about placing unaccompanied minors in them just as loudly.

Jesus fuck Christ. I'm agreeing with Johnny Sack twice in one page???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I take issue with calling these facilities concentration camps.  It is complete bullshit.  If they are really concentration camps, than you fuckers need to also be screaming bloody murder about placing unaccompanied minors in them just as loudly.

I would agree if the facilities appeared to be run by decent human beings who treated the folks as humans. It doesn't appear that they are, so concentration camp seems closer to the mark based on how they are currently run. I do agree that these could be run as camps for humanitarian aid and there isn't anything inherently wrong with providing temporary accommodations for folks while legal issues are sorted out. I would even say that I think it is our moral obligation to do so.

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

They're intentionally ignoring that part. That's how you know they're losing this argument.

Follow their math. 

Johnny Football won the Heisman. They beat Alabama, who won the national championship. If they beat the #1 team in the nation and their QB won the Heisman, it stands to follow that they are the national champions. 

So the children are in with the adults.  The adults that over the years have contributed to countless allegations of sexual assault, rape, and depravity at these detention centers among the detainees.  So lets add in a bunch of kids!  What could go wrong!  
They're countless when you suck at math, and colors, and shapes. And even when you master that Equinox-dodging "art", being at minimum a decent fucking human requires you exert the effort to evaluate on a case by case basis without being a mindless robo-dick in the interim.

I have to keep skipping pages because of all the trolls and their feeders so I don't know if this has been mentioned. Apparently they've pushed the daily press briefing back a couple of times this afternoon as they try to craft their message. DHS Secretary Nielsen is reportedly going to show up and it's supposed to happen at 5e/4c. 

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

I have to keep skipping pages because of all the trolls and their feeders so I don't know if this has been mentioned. Apparently they've pushed the daily press briefing back a couple of times this afternoon as they try to craft their message. DHS Secretary Nielsen is reportedly going to show up and it's supposed to happen at 5e/4c. 

It was delayed because Sarah Sanders refused to perform the briefing so they have to fly Nielsen in from New Orleans. 

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I hope the press literally stones her. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Just stop taking children from their parents. It's cruel and completely unnecessary.

Donald Trump and his administration find it very necessary.  They are willing to do this evil deed in the hope of deterring people from even wanting to enter the U.S. 

This is the America he and his voters want.  They dream of a white nationalist country again. 

• Like 1