DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

According to the publication, each of the women’s accounts have been backed by statements from legal aid workers, medical workers and advocates who previously worked with ICE detainees. 

Buzzfeed News also noted that each of the incidents detailed were not limited to a single detention center. The outlet reported that a handful of medical workers and legal aid sources said they witnessed instances in which pregnant women were denied adequate medical care at more than six detention facilities across California, Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. 

In one written testimony provided to the publication by the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services (RAICES), a pregnant woman said she was given clothing that was so tight, she suffered welts and a “pain in [her] uterus.”

Another woman said she underwent repeated X-rays while pregnant despite the Federal Drug Administration’s warnings against. 

One woman said she was left to bleed for about eight days after she was told there was no one available at the facility to tend to her.

“An official arrived and they said it was not a hospital and they weren’t doctors. They wouldn’t look after me,” she told BuzzFeed News.

“I realized I was losing my son. It was his life that I was bleeding out. I was staining everything. I spent about eight days just lying down. I couldn’t eat, I couldn’t do anything. I started crying and crying and crying.

“My soul aches that there are many pregnant women coming who could lose their babies like I did and that they will do nothing to help them,” she continued.

The woman was reportedly deported back to El Salvador.

Trump admin is detaining and separating citizen families for the crime of being brown.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/396352-border-officials-may-have-taken-child-of-us-citizen-into-custody

U.S. officials at the southern border may have taken a child of a U.S. citizen into custody, administration lawyers revealed Tuesday.

In a court filing to give an update on efforts to reunite families, lawyers for the Department of Justice (DOJ) said the administration is unable to determine if the child was separated from the parent, and the government hasn’t been able to locate the parent for more than a year.

The child is under the age of 5, according to the filing. Officials did not give any other details about the child or the parent's potential whereabouts.

One child “cannot be reunified at this time because the parent’s location has been unknown for more than a year,” the filing said. “Defendants are unable to conclusively determine whether the parent is a class member, and records show the parent and child might be U.S. citizens.”

The Trump administration separated the families as part of its “zero tolerance” strategy to criminally prosecute all immigrants who cross the U.S.-Mexico border illegally, including those who are seeking asylum.

Good job trumpsters defending a president who is arresting citizens who are guilty of nothing but being brown. And these are just the ones we're hearing about. 

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Lol at the neg rep butt hurt.  The tweet fits precisely the profile of a Russian bot account, tying together two politically charged topics to stoke division and discord. 

More just tired of you making excuses and dismissing trump and co's behavior for whatever flimsy piece of justification you can muster.

Just now, Captainant said:

More just tired of you making excuses and dismissing trump and co's behavior for whatever flimsy piece of justification you can muster.

What about that post, or more generally on separation topic, represents me making excuses for trump co?

Hmmm, Anastasis points out that some of the tweets propogated to the shaggy by the twatters precisely mimic Russian active measures tactics.

Fascist traitor!

Try harder Ant. 

Edited by Anastasis

59 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

What about that post, or more generally on separation topic, represents me making excuses for trump co?

Hmmm, Anastasis points out that some of the tweets propogated to the shaggy by the twatters precisely mimic Russian active measures tactics.

Fascist traitor!

Try harder Ant. 

I'll echo what hayden said so well before...

On 6/18/2018 at 8:57 PM, hayden_horn said:

here's why so many of your posts ring hollow. maybe you don't realize it, so i'm kind of going to give it a try.

you are obviously against the separation of families, at least it seems. however, your step forward in sentence one of paragraph one. the rest of your post delves into a weird hypothetical because, for some reason, you think that the constant criticism of trump is unwarranted, because no matter what happens people are going to freak out.

no.

people are freaking out because of the outrageous shit. THIS ISSUE is an example of "the real deplorable shit that needs to be confronted head on."

and what you do with posts like yours, even if you aren't #bothsides, is legitimize the both sides. when you should be decrying in the loudest and most powerful terms, you still equivocate because some people are shrill about some things. it ruins you as a poster a bit, because we all know you're a smart guy. you just don't seem to want to take a stance, instead trying to be critical of the critics. it's strange.

You tend to want to always be in the middle and play this game of relative morals. Like what's happening right now is perfectly normal and there's no reason to act alarmed and distrust all the actions of this administration. Not like Trump has a history taking advantage of norms for personal gain and skirting the law and lying and defrauding folks right? No, no, we should definitely just act like he's a completely different person with a completely different history now that they've bamboozled an entire fucking nation into voting him to president. He always deserves the benefit of the doubt and the most gracious reading of policies and hiring/firing/pardoning decisions. You're right. There's no way that could really come to fuck our nation for decades if not generations.

Nope, no way that alienating our closest neighbor that we share a border with could ever come to really REALLY fuck us if some global conflict broke out. No way that acting in such a way that gets your country denounced for human rights violations by the UN could possibly make our foreign interests and servicepersons less safe. No way that actively on a daily basis could shit talking your nations third largest trading partner turn out to really fuck us in the tits if a trade war came?

Fuck off with taking every opportunity to call out missteps and errors by the left's tactics while glossing over that OUR PRESIDENT IS IMPRISONING CHILDREN IN OUR GODDAMN STATE IN OUR GODDAMN NAME. And he doesn't even want due process for them. Even if they may scoop up a few citizens.

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 2

You seem triggered. I responded to Hayden, what, about 30 pages ago. If somebody wants to go back its pages 27-28 or so. You got a case of the brain rot man. I've made my position on the separation policy clear. But do your strawman thing.  It's about as intellectually stimulating as this exchange is going to get. 

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

You seem triggered. I responded to Hayden, what, about 30 pages ago. If somebody wants to go back its pages 27-28 or so. You got a case of the brain rot man. I've made my position on the separation policy clear. But do your strawman thing.  It's about as intellectually stimulating as this exchange is going to get. 

My dude. You only ever go after what you perceive as liberal and/or leftist positions and you entirely (and I do mean entirely, I don't think I've ever once seen you take a swing in the other direction) leave the dumb shit said by right leaning posters alone. 

I get it, you think people are too reactionary. That's whatever. You're probably right. People take issue with what you say because you only EVER take shots in one direction. That's literally the entirety of it.

• Like 3

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

My dude. You only ever go after what you perceive as liberal and/or leftist positions and you entirely (and I do mean entirely, I don't think I've ever once seen you take a swing in the other direction) leave the dumb shit said by right leaning posters alone. 

I get it, you think people are too reactionary. That's whatever. You're probably right. People take issue with what you say because you only EVER take shots in one direction. That's literally the entirety of it.

bro calm down. dig back to the Bush era and you will find plenty of shots to the direction of the "right".  Shit. Dig back to the early days of the Obama admin and you will find posts from me defending rahm. You motherfuckers have a short attention span. 

fuck anyone who supports this shit:

Jose and his son crossed the border in May, fleeing violence in their native Honduras after gang members killed three family members.

The 27-year-old farmer was sent to a detention center in south Georgia and his son, 3, was sent to a facility in Arizona in keeping with the Trump administration’s “zero-tolerance” immigration policy.

On Tuesday Jose and his namesake were reunited in Phoenix.

“I thank God to be with my son,” he said in a statement released by the Southern Poverty Law Center, which is assisting him with his asylum case. “It was very difficult to be separated from him for so long.”

Jose didn’t want to give his full name, fearing for the safety of his common-law wife and other loved ones still in his homeland. He and little Jose are now headed by bus to northern Virginia, where they will stay with a relative. The father has been fitted with an electronic ankle monitoring bracelet while their asylum claims are pending. He has an immigration court hearing scheduled for July 19.

Little Jose had been held in a government shelter in Glendale, Ariz. Peter Isbister, a senior lead attorney for Southern Poverty Law Center’s Southeast Immigrant Freedom Initiative, said the father and son reunion was a touching one.

“We are very glad our client is reunited with his son,” he said. “It seemed pretty apparent that the little boy was emotional as well.” 

Isbister and a colleague connected with the dad and son via FaceTime on Tuesday.

“I could see the clear beaming delight on my client’s face as he thanked God again and again,” Isbister said. “He became clearly emotional as he described how hard it was to be separated from his son for so long.”

The dad encouraged his son to greet their lawyers over the phone. The 3-year-old seemed too overwhelmed to say much, but managed a wave.

“We were fighting back tears as well,” Isbister said. “I was thinking of my own children, not much older than my client’s boy.”
He asked the father which toys his son likes and Jose said he’s a fan of PAW Patrol, a Nickelodeon Jr. show created in partnership with the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. It’s about a 10-year-old who responds to calamities like cats stuck in trees with the help of his trusty band of rescue dogs in training.

“Each pup is inspired by a real-world job like firefighter, police officer, and construction worker,” the show’s web site explains. “For kids, PAW Patrol is a fun way to learn bravery and heroism, with exciting stories that never get too scary.”

The SPLC got little Jose a PAW Patrol toy to welcome him to America.

https://www.ajc.com/entertainment/separated-the-border-honduran-dad-and-his-year-old-are-reunited/i3ZmTFEnUufvDmZiieHv9L/

this is just one story. just one fucking story.  there are thousands. and trump today had the fucking temerity to say:

“Well, I have a solution. Tell people not to come to our country illegally. That's the solution. Don't come to our country illegally. Come like other people do. Come legally,” he told reporters on the White House’s south lawn Tuesday morning as he departed for his weeklong trip to Europe. “I'm saying this very simply: We have laws. We have borders. Don't come to our country illegally. It's not a good thing.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/10/trump-migrant-families-separated-706144

fuck you you fat orange fuckstain. the guy in the story above came seeking asylum. they uproot themselves, endure a dangerous as fuck journey to come and ask us for help. and we say "sorry, seat's taken, fuck you and your family, we are going to use you to send a message that american asylum is closed for fucking business."

anyone who supports this policy can get facefucked.

• Like 5

WASHINGTON — The government said on Tuesday that it would release hundreds of migrant families wearing ankle bracelet monitors into the United States, effectively returning to the “catch and release” policy that President Trump promised to eliminate.

Faced with a pair of court orders restricting immigration detentions, federal officials said they could not hold all of the migrant families who were apprehended at the southwestern border. They said their hands were tied by dueling requirements to release children from detention after 20 days and also keep them with their parents or other adult relatives.

Confronted by audio of crying children that drew widespread outrage, Trump administration officials also said they had stopped referring migrant adults who enter the United States with children for prosecution.

“Parents with children under the age of 5 are being reunited with their children and then released and enrolled into an alternative detention program,” Matthew Albence, the executive associate director of ICE’s enforcement and removal operations, told reporters on Tuesday.

He said that means the migrants will be given ankle bracelets “and released into the community.”

At the same time, the government said it was struggling to reunite 102 migrant children under 5 with their parents as required under a court order; only about one-third were expected to be reunited by the Tuesday deadline.

The reunification process was disorganized. Parents were warned that pickup and drop-off times could change throughout the day. Volunteers waited on standby in shifts, surprised by the addition of one more parent than they had expected. The federal agency that oversees the care of migrant children, the Department of Health and Human Services, was still conducting background checks on parents into Tuesday morning.

Citizens and politicians in Guatemala welcomed back 11 reunified families who had been deported from the United States. Among them was Donelda Pulex Castellanos, 35, who was separated from her 5-year-old daughter in early May after the two crossed the border near El Paso.

They remained apart for two months, with Ms. Pulex in detention in El Paso and her daughter sent to live with a foster family in Michigan.

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

WASHINGTON — The government said on Tuesday that it would release hundreds of migrant families wearing ankle bracelet monitors into the United States, effectively returning to the “catch and release” policy that President Trump promised to eliminate.

Faced with a pair of court orders restricting immigration detentions, federal officials said they could not hold all of the migrant families who were apprehended at the southwestern border. They said their hands were tied by dueling requirements to release children from detention after 20 days and also keep them with their parents or other adult relatives.

Confronted by audio of crying children that drew widespread outrage, Trump administration officials also said they had stopped referring migrant adults who enter the United States with children for prosecution.

“Parents with children under the age of 5 are being reunited with their children and then released and enrolled into an alternative detention program,” Matthew Albence, the executive associate director of ICE’s enforcement and removal operations, told reporters on Tuesday.

He said that means the migrants will be given ankle bracelets “and released into the community.”

At the same time, the government said it was struggling to reunite 102 migrant children under 5 with their parents as required under a court order; only about one-third were expected to be reunited by the Tuesday deadline.

The reunification process was disorganized. Parents were warned that pickup and drop-off times could change throughout the day. Volunteers waited on standby in shifts, surprised by the addition of one more parent than they had expected. The federal agency that oversees the care of migrant children, the Department of Health and Human Services, was still conducting background checks on parents into Tuesday morning.

Citizens and politicians in Guatemala welcomed back 11 reunified families who had been deported from the United States. Among them was Donelda Pulex Castellanos, 35, who was separated from her 5-year-old daughter in early May after the two crossed the border near El Paso.

They remained apart for two months, with Ms. Pulex in detention in El Paso and her daughter sent to live with a foster family in Michigan.

because it was working. we enabled a policy of human suffering to presumably deter other humans from trying to enter illegally. the united states of fucking america intentionally enabled a policy of human suffering and child torture. ruminate on that shit.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

because it was working. we enabled a policy of human suffering to presumably deter other humans from trying to enter illegally. the united states of fucking america intentionally enabled a policy of human suffering and child torture. ruminate on that shit.

Poor people must be punished for having the audacity to be poor. 

21 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

fuck anyone who supports this shit:

https://www.ajc.com/entertainment/separated-the-border-honduran-dad-and-his-year-old-are-reunited/i3ZmTFEnUufvDmZiieHv9L/

this is just one story. just one fucking story.  there are thousands. and trump today had the fucking temerity to say:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/10/trump-migrant-families-separated-706144

fuck you you fat orange fuckstain. the guy in the story above came seeking asylum. they uproot themselves, endure a dangerous as fuck journey to come and ask us for help. and we say "sorry, seat's taken, fuck you and your family, we are going to use you to send a message that american asylum is closed for fucking business."

anyone who supports this policy can get facefucked.

You seem triggered.  Also;

Asylum has three basic requirements. First, an asylum applicant must establish that he or she fears persecution in their home country.  Second, the applicant must prove that he or she would be persecuted on account of one of five protected grounds: race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or particular social group.  Third, an applicant must establish that the government is either involved in the persecution, or unable to control the conduct of private actors.

Having family members killed by local criminals is not a valid asylum claim.  He would be denied.  And he could've applied at one of the many US consulates along the way.  Instead, he chose to drag a 3-year-old child thousands of miles on a dangerous journey and illegally enter the country.  Then, when he got caught, he decided to claim asylum.  That's not how it works.  Side note, what proof is there that the child is actually his?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 8

9 minutes ago, icecait said:

Having family members killed by local criminals is not a valid asylum claim.  He would be denied.  And he could've applied at one of the many US consulates along the way.  Instead, he chose to drag a 3-year-old child thousands of miles on a dangerous journey and illegally enter the country.  Then, when he got caught, he decided to claim asylum.  That's not how it works.  Side note, what proof is there that the child is actually his?

um,....yes it is. holy shit, yes it is. I'm half tempted to get my gf to come on surly but Costanza Worlds Colliding! and all that. i'd say 50-75% of her cases for kids are all gang persecution. but yes, it sure as fuck is a valid claim. how fucking dumb are you?! seriously, if you have no idea, SHUT THE FUCK UP. jesus, can we ban these fucking ignorant stupid trolls?

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, achooloco said:

um,....yes it is. holy shit, yes it is. I'm half tempted to get my gf to come on surly but Costanza Worlds Colliding! and all that. i'd say 50-75% of her cases for kids are all gang persecution. but yes, it sure as fuck is a valid claim. how fucking dumb are you?! seriously, if you have no idea, SHUT THE FUCK UP. jesus, can we ban these fucking ignorant stupid trolls?

giphy.webp

• Fuck You 7

1 minute ago, achooloco said:

prove it then. or shut the fuck up. fucking sock bitch.

The internet has lots of information.  You can access this information through things like search engines.  Let's try that, shall we?  First, we'll search 2 terms.  "Asylum claim" and "gang violence."  That will return articles which include both terms as seen below;

Zx7c1As.png

Dumbass.

• Fuck You 6

2 minutes ago, icecait said:

The internet has lots of information.  You can access this information through things like search engines.  Let's try that, shall we?  First, we'll search 2 terms.  "Asylum claim" and "gang violence."  That will return articles which include both terms as seen below;

Zx7c1As.png

Dumbass.

so a search ..ok. did sessions just change the rules? yeah.  did i forget about that? mea culpa. i fucked up.  now that i think about it, people were pissed that a lot of their claims were ex-ed out in the last month or so. like..literally a month ago. my bad. so even though homie came before then, the rules changed on him so you are only saved cause your racist views got implemented less than 30 days ago? good job there sport.

1 minute ago, achooloco said:

so a search ..ok. did sessions just change the rules? yeah.  did i forget about that? mea culpa. i fucked up.  now that i think about it, people were pissed that a lot of their claims were ex-ed out in the last month or so. like..literally a month ago. my bad. so even though homie came before then, the rules changed on him so you are only saved cause your racist views got implemented less than 30 days ago? good job there sport.

giphy.webp

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 10

13 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

It's not the first time a GOP administration has authorized torture and other human rights abuses. 

• Like 1

Washington (CNN)The Trump administration is implementing a new asylum policy at the border that will result in potentially thousands of asylum seekers being turned away before they can plead their case in court.

The guidance, reviewed by CNN, also applies to refugee applicants -- immigrants seeking similar protections in the US who are still abroad.
Under new guidance given Wednesday to the officers who interview asylum seekers at the US' borders and evaluate refugee applications, claims based on fear of gang and domestic violence will be immediately rejected. In addition, the guidance tells officers they should consider whether an immigrant crossed the border illegally and weigh that against their claim, potentially rejecting even legitimate fears of persecution if the immigrant crossed illegally.

The change shows that even as the administration reunites families it separated at the border under a now-reversed "zero-tolerance" policy, it continues to pursue aggressive measures that could dramatically reshape US immigration law.

The move is likely to draw swift condemnation from immigration advocates and legal challenges. Advocates say international law is clear that asylum claims are valid even when a migrant enters a country illegally. They also argue that rejecting these traumatized immigrants puts their lives at risk immediately upon their return home.

The changes being implemented by the Department of Homeland Security come on the heels of Attorney General Jeff Sessions' decision last month that gang and domestic violence victims no longer qualify for asylum. Asylum protects migrants already in the US who fear persecution in their home country.

Sessions used his unique authority as attorney general last month to overturn an immigration appellate court's decision to the contrary, reversing course after years of allowing such victims to stay. His decision is now binding for all the immigration judges in the country.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, icecait said:

Harvard-Harris poll from the end of June;

lgFuZ3F.png

Merely pointing out that Americans overwhelmingly support Trump's policies regarding immigration.  They don't support the Democrat's 'open borders' policy. 

your picture isn't coming through so i don't know what you are specifically citing to but i clicked your link and page 20 (table 18) of your link says:

3A_6 Do you approve or disapprove of the job President Trump is doing on ...?
Immigration
Base: All Respondents
Total
Unweighted Base 1448
Weighted Base 1448

Approve (Net) 673 46%
   Strongly approve 383 26%
   Somewhat approve 290 20%

Disapprove (Net) 775 54%
   Somewhat disapprove 166 11%
   Strongly disapprove 609 42%

Sigma 1448 100%

5 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

CNN Breakin News:

Thousands of Chicago and Baltimore citizens apply for asylum in Santa Monica and San Francisco due to threats from gang violence back home. 

They are already free to move to those cities to get away from gang violence and don't even need to apply.