Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

6 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Rivals is counting down 2022 5*s and Quinn jumps in at 6. Dewberry the only other Texan so far. WR Luther Burden of St. Louis also makes it, we have offered but not apparently in play at the moment.

I am 99% sure they are going to slot another QB ahead of Ewers. All of the Rivals folks cite an awkward throwing motion. Not to be the kool-aid man, but it's the same little hitch you see from Mahomes, and not an issue worth slotting him behind any other QB in the class. Rivals gonna Rivals. 

Isn’t fat Ketch aligned with Rivals? That would explain his comments about Ewers. He actually thinks Rivals is worth reading and paying $9.95 for. 

How good is he? His rankings isn’t he a low 4? Someone tell me what he’s actually amazing please. 

Ball skills and quickness of a 4* safety. If his body lets him, he’ll be a hell of a linebacker. If not, Joey Ossai starter kit. Dad is an nfl RB coach.

He just seems fickle to me. The only downside in taking his commitment today is whether you’ll keep it or not. Risk worth taking imo.

Edit to add: LB like Isaiah Simmons/overshown. Not Jack, though he may grow into that.

4 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

Roach with a crystal ball (7 confidence level) for Armani Winfield 

So I seem to recall this kid being thought of as *the* WR for this class about this time last year. Being ranked the 76th best player in the country is hardly an insult, but what's the deal here? Did he somewhat disappoint or was it just that a few other guys from in-state had bigger/better years?

Or is my memory just failing me and he was behind a few other TX WR's all along?

1 minute ago, TommyGufano said:

So I seem to recall this kid being thought of as *the* WR for this class about this time last year. Being ranked the 76th best player in the country is hardly an insult, but what's the deal here? Did he somewhat disappoint or was it just that a few other guys from in-state had bigger/better years?

Or is my memory just failing me and he was behind a few other TX WR's all along?

I thought Burton was always the "one" for this class

I know some of the vaginas will bring up 2021 OL and 2017 LB class but early out look on WR class is insane. Somewhat realistic chance we end up with:

Caleb Burton 5* 11th overall

Evan Stewart 5* 34th

Armani Winfield 4* 76th

Brennon Thompson 4* 78th

Phaizon Wilson 4* 245th

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

What am I looking at? I’m old as shit - explain it to me like I’m an 8 year old. 

Instagram is a social media app designed solely for the sake of vanity, on this occasion Quinn Ewers decided to post this picture of his dream class for 2022 for Texas which includes many big names that we would love to have in this class

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

What am I looking at? I’m old as shit - explain it to me like I’m an 8 year old. 

Not sure if serious ... but if you are - 

- It says "Dream class on offense" and has a bunch of players on a picture of Bevo

- Campbell

- Banks

- Early

- Burton

_ Stewart

- Wilson

- Green

- Blue

- Ewers in the middle

(Edit:  Carl texted me and said they were all woos.  Every one of them.)

Edited by Getafix
Carl! Carl! Always Carl!
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Instagram is a social media app designed solely for the sake of vanity, on this occasion Quinn Ewers decided to post this picture of his dream class for 2022 for Texas which includes many big names that we would love to have in this class

So this was posted by Quinn - that’s the bit of info I was missing. Thanks. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Maybe I’m also too old for instagram but I don’t see it posted on Ewers ig account. Last thing he shows posted is a wiltfong video. 

Edited by NameNotFound

5 hours ago, bEastTexas said:

I know some of the vaginas will bring up 2021 OL and 2017 LB class but early out look on WR class is insane. Somewhat realistic chance we end up with:

Caleb Burton 5* 11th overall

Evan Stewart 5* 34th

Armani Winfield 4* 76th

Brennon Thompson 4* 78th

Phaizon Wilson 4* 245th

Personally it’s Burton and Stewart and everyone else. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting