Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Who knows how things can change in the future, but this particular moment in time is the healthiest QB pipeline I can ever remember for our program.

Sam -> Thompson -> Card/JQJ -> Milroe -> Ewers. That's just ridiculous. We've come so far from the wilderness we wandered between Colt and Sam.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Who knows how things can change in the future, but this particular moment in time is the healthiest QB pipeline I can ever remember for our program.

Sam -> Thompson -> Card/JQJ -> Milroe -> Ewers. That's just ridiculous. We've come so far from the wilderness we wandered between Colt and Sam.

That being said, I have a vision of JQJ as a future Butkus Award winning Mike. Imagine if Joel Lanning ran a 4.4.

RJ would have been in that group as well if not for some injuries.

JQJ to LB needs to begin sooner rather than later. Let him QB for a year, and then cross train. If card is half as good as they say, he’ll unseat thompson and Thompson will transfer. That leaves you with Card, JQJ and Milroe as QBs after sam graduates. A healthy enough QB room, then possibly too healthy after Ewers arrives, with little separation between card and Milroe. 

We need to be blowing motherfuckers out and playing thompson and card in games this year. Start his clock.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

JQJ to LB needs to begin sooner rather than later. Let him QB for a year, and then cross train. If card is half as good as they say, he’ll unseat thompson and Thompson will transfer. That leaves you with Card, JQJ and Milroe as QBs after sam graduates. A healthy enough QB room, then possibly too healthy after Ewers arrives, with little separation between card and Milroe. 

We need to be blowing motherfuckers out and playing thompson and card in games this year. Start his clock.  

I think they can soft play JQJ this season because of his ACL injury. He needs to redshirt period. And he should understand that. Next year is when the difficult conversations start. 

16 minutes ago, Lonestar4.8 said:
46 minutes ago, tokamak said:

RJ would have been in that group as well if not for some injuries.

Having RoJo switch positions and thrive is best case scenario. Most QBs will transfer in today’s college football, so if we can keep them and have them contribute in other ways it’s a huge win.

We’re going to have some (good) problems after Sam leaves. If Card is the next starter it could cause a domino of Thompson transfering and JQJ change position which would leave true freshman Milroe as backup. And then Ewers comes in ready to start on day 1 presumably but could have Card in front of him. Going to be interesting, but I’m getting ahead of myself. The 180 in our QB situation is just too exciting.

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think they can soft play JQJ this season because of his ACL injury. He needs to redshirt period. And he should understand that. Next year is when the difficult conversations start. 

Agreed. I say let him QB this year, and recover. Maybe his body goes to 240 on its own anyway. I’d he still wants to QB past spring, cool. Give him a package. After that though...

Edited by SydneyCarton

34 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I know this is a joke, but it will be fun to read the mental gymnastics chin pubes goes through to justify dropping Ewers out of the top Spot in his legendary Liucci 44

Questionable arm strength 

Small frame

Poor decision making

Camp champion 

Bmoc 

Supporting cast around him makes him look better than he is.

Lacks elite footwork 

Stowers is far and away better. 

Miss anything?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Agreed. I say let him QB this year, and recover. Maybe his body goes to 240 on its own anyway. I’d he still wants to QB past spring, cool. Give him a package. After that though...

JQJ would be a hell of an H-Back. He could also have a wildcat package for short distance that could be audibled into. Imagine having he and Card/Ewers on the field at the same time.

Also doesn't hurt that he has a cannon for an arm.

Edited by Atticus
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Atticus said:

JQJ would be a hell of an H-Back. He could also have a wildcat package for short distance that could be audibled into. Imagine having he and Card/Ewers on the field at the same time.

Also doesn't hurt that he has a cannon for an arm.

He needs to play LB.

I watched the clips of him and Card at the same camp with a bunch of other QBs.  I’m sure he could play at QB at a D1 school but he’s so far behind Card as a passer.  It’s not even close.  I’m a huge JQJ fan and the coaches need to do everything in their power to at least see if he can show progress.  Because if he does, he can be used like Cam Newton.  But if you watch him, you’ll see he’s very far behind.  He’s further behind than RoJo in my opinion at the same stage.  There was a reason Ohio State pursued Card along with UGA.  The only thing he’s lacking right now is about 20 pounds.  He’s can make throws Sam can’t make right now.  

JQJ is just a pure football player.  I’d try him out at Hback, WR, LB, safety.  

bv86ag

AG

With every kid that sip recruits...you guys have the same knee-jerk reaction...."Jimbo is getting beat at recruiting!!!!!!!"
I call TOTAL BULLSHYTE on you damn trolls.
FOR EXAMPLE:
Calzada's got a cannon for an arm and Jimbo held off an attempt by Kirby Smart at GEORGIA to flip him.
And EVERYONE...and i mean EVEN HERMENSA..was salivating over Haynes King.
And now you so called "Aggies" have once again predicted gloom and doom and the end of of western civilization as we know it because the sips signed a kid who says his dream school was t.u.?
I guess you "Aggies" just totally forgot how highly touted both Calzada and especially King were out of high school?
Or maybe you are just the pot-stirring trolls who say stupid shyte like cheerleaders would some make our football team a national power.
What absolute trolling f-ing garbage.
Jimbo Fisher has signed highly rated classes and has virtually revamped and upgraded A&M talent in only 2 years.
We shall see if you idiot trolls are still around in 2 more years to ***** about Jimbos signing classes.

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Lol.... King’s best offers were aggy, arky, Tennessee, and auburn.  Those offers aren’t anything to laugh about, but there is a reason Oklahoma, Texas, LSU, Bama, uga, Ohio state, and Clemson did not offer.

lmao at Calzada. UGA recruited him as an after thought break glass incase of emergency plan if they whiffed on their primary targets.  Calzada has accuracy issues.  He has a cannon of an arm but his accuracy is terrible.  

Stowers is a terrible fit for their offense just like Mond.  Same with the Foster kid... is he even on the team anymore?  They better pray King works out because their QB room is full of jags and misfits.

Edited by victory88
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

HC is every bit the dual threat RoJo was. He's just a much better passer and played in a different offense. Remember, he started at WR for LT before taking over as a junior

Oh absolutely.  I think Card is an elite athlete at QB.  His shuttle time is one of the best on the team.  Also, Casey holds the all time passing record in Oklahoma for high school.  He can throw...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Oh absolutely.  I think Card is an elite athlete at QB.  His shuttle time is one of the best on the team.  Also, Casey holds the all time passing record in Oklahoma for high school.  He can throw...

I was referring to the way you organized your list of Texas QB recruits. Card belongs in the first group.

Edited by Atticus

Having RoJo switch positions and thrive is best case scenario. Most QBs will transfer in today’s college football, so if we can keep them and have them contribute in other ways it’s a huge win.

We’re going to have some (good) problems after Sam leaves. If Card is the next starter it could cause a domino of Thompson transfering and JQJ change position which would leave true freshman Milroe as backup. And then Ewers comes in ready to start on day 1 presumably but could have Card in front of him. Going to be interesting, but I’m getting ahead of myself. The 180 in our QB situation is just too exciting.

I’m kinda wondering if it makes sense to take a QB specifically as a back up plan every 2-3 years. Lower-ceiling but consistent 3-star type who loves the program and you feel good about sticking around for 4-5 years. Basically an insurance policy against injuries and ill advised transfers (Rising).

On one hand, the portal has made it so much easier for guys to bail, but the flip side is that it makes it easier to go out and get a guy to fill holes if they come up.

4 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I was referring to the way you organized your list of Texas QB recruits. Card belongs in the first group.

I organized them into passing ability.  As passers coming out of high school I’d rank them like this.

1.  Ewers

2.  Rising/Card

3.  Thompson/Milroe

4.  Rojo/JQJ

Also, I’d put Sam in the 3rd category coming out of high school.  He’s improved so much and that’s a reflection of Herman.

Edited by victory88

41 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Also, I’m not sure Herman could have recruited this position any better.  Rising has an elite arm. He was Riley’s top choice in his class.  I think he made a very poor decision transferring from Texas.  Getting Thompson on board as a long term project was also fantastic.  Thompson has incredible athleticism and Herman has proven he can take QBs like Thompson and run a functional offense like he did with Ward at UH and at Ohio state.  Then offering Card early without him having any real high school tape over some other big names at the time (specifically the dude UNC and aggy wanted).  They trusted their eyes in camp.  Card is the most polished passer since Colt in our program. Like Rising, he can sling it.  I also love the diverse skill set they recruit.  Between RoJo/Milroe/JQJ/Thompson and Rising/Card/Ewers...  I’m not sure any other program has recruited a better set of QBs over the last 4 years not counting grad transfers.   

Rising would have been dominant in Yurcich's offense. No telling what the fuck Utah does on offense, but he's not playing this year. So that's 3 straight years off the field for Rising.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Rising would have been dominant in Yurcich's offense. No telling what the fuck Utah does on offense, but he's not playing this year. So that's 3 straight years off the field for Rising.

So Rising is falling. It's in every way an upside-down year.  

• Haha 1

King doesn't have a frame like Mond and probably isn't as elusive which he'll need to be with that line--he looks like his limbs could break off.  They're currently running a pretty decent mid-tier bowl offense.  While I don't know that King is an upgrade from Mond, Stowers will be, regardless of fit.  He's just a better qb than what they have.  They'll be able to build around him some unless hobbit is an unchanging dumb f'k.

VY didn't fit Mack Brown's system, or whatever Greg Davis was running.  He was just a playmaker and made shit happen. Colt was the same way.  Is Stowers that alpha dog?  When things break down around him, which will happen a lot, can he extend the play?  JMHO.     

19 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I’m kinda wondering if it makes sense to take a QB specifically as a back up plan every 2-3 years. Lower-ceiling but consistent 3-star type who loves the program and you feel good about sticking around for 4-5 years. Basically an insurance policy against injuries and ill advised transfers (Rising).

On one hand, the portal has made it so much easier for guys to bail, but the flip side is that it makes it easier to go out and get a guy to fill holes if they come up.

They'll get the talent if they run successful offenses and win.  If they don't, then they'll have to look into their next options.  They have to show they can use the talent they now have or it'll provide one hell of a recruiting pitch against them.  

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

That is one of the stupidest articles I’ve read.  For many of the prospects we have an uphill battle for, we’re probably the front runners.

And LOL at SEC big wig aggy....  Mike Farrell is a fucking moron.

Farrell doing everything he can to minimize Texas while still having to recognize we’re gonna kill it this cycle. You can sense the pain it causes him to admit Texas will succeed. 

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Anyone else hungover? I got drunk on the kool aid as much as I did whiskey 

I was but then I had a couple beers this morning. 

43 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I organized them into passing ability.  As passers coming out of high school I’d rank them like this.

1.  Ewers

2.  Rising/Card

3.  Thompson/Milroe

4.  Rojo/JQJ

Also, I’d put Sam in the 3rd category coming out of high school.  He’s improved so much and that’s a reflection of Herman.

if we’re doing tiers, I’d have Card up there with Ewers, or in his own tier under Ewers.  Card is miles ahead of Rising out of HS. Rising had a good arm but had a ton of technique and mechanical issues to work on. He was extremely raw, and didn’t show much command of the offense or grasp of the system. He was all about projection, and he was definitely nowhere near Card, and probably still isn’t as good of a passer as Card. 

Sam was amazing his junior year as a passer. He was definitely closer to Card than Rising coming out of HS.  

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mdhorn said:

King doesn't have a frame like Mond and probably isn't as elusive which he'll need to be with that line--he looks like his limbs could break off.  They're currently running a pretty decent mid-tier bowl offense.  While I don't know that King is an upgrade from Mond, Stowers will be, regardless of fit.  He's just a better qb than what they have.  They'll be able to build around him some unless hobbit is an unchanging dumb f'k.

VY didn't fit Mack Brown's system, or whatever Greg Davis was running.  He was just a playmaker and made shit happen. Colt was the same way.  Is Stowers that alpha dog?  When things break down around him, which will happen a lot, can he extend the play?  JMHO.     

Yeah Stowers has a chance to be the best aggy QB in quite awhile... but again just an aggy!!

8 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

If Texas can just not shit the bed this season and lock up a few premier national players early, they will recruit an ungodly amount of elite talent at all the camps this next year. 

This.  If Tom wins the conference and gets into the CFP, we'll be talking a class average in the 94+ range.  We'll be turning down some big name players.  Getting nearly all the in-state guys and adding big time, top 100 players OOS.  I'm drinking the Kool Aid, but this is reality if Herman doesn't shit the bed.

• Hook 'Em 3

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting