Chinese Military Helping Terrorists by Deliberately Injuring US Air Force Pilots

atomheartbevo

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/03/politics/chinese-lasers-us-military-pilots-africa/index.html

Chinese personnel at the country's first overseas military base in Djibouti have been using lasers to interfere with US military aircraft at a nearby American base, activity that has resulted in injuries to US pilots and prompted the US to launch a formal diplomatic protest with Beijing, two military officials told CNN.

The US issued a notice to airmen "to exercise caution when flying in certain areas in Djibouti," which "was issued due to lasers being directed at US aircraft on a small number of separate occasions over the last few weeks," according to the notice obtained by CNN.

"During one incident, there were two minor eye injuries of aircrew flying in a C-130 that resulted from exposure to military-grade laser beams, which were reported to have originated from the nearby Chinese base," the notice said.

Edited by atomheartbevo

Fuck China

I absolutely hate the direction their country is going with Xi for life.

One of Cambridge Analytica’s current big projects was/is working in China, but purely as an “advertising” role.

I’m all but certain they are nationalizing China with pro-Xi propaganda.

fucking great.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2017-09-14/trump-campaign-s-data-firm-backed-by-hedge-fund-boss-eyes-china

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Look, gotta give the Russians and the Chinese some credit -- they figured out how to beat the capitalists, and make them destroy themselves: pay other capitalists to do it for them.

We'll eat our own, so long as we're profiting from it.

We elected a president who effectively has that as his motto: "I'll fuck over anyone, at any time, if it makes me a buck."

Capitalism without ethics is the most self-destructive force on the planet.  And we're getting to watch it in action.  In the name of a profit, these outfits will utterly destroy the very system that made their profits possible, and they won't know or care until the self-destruction is complete.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Look, gotta give the Russians and the Chinese some credit -- they figured out how to beat the capitalists, and make them destroy themselves: pay other capitalists to do it for them.

We'll eat our own, so long as we're profiting from it.

We elected a president who effectively has that as his motto: "I'll fuck over anyone, at any time, if it makes me a buck."

Capitalism without ethics is the most self-destructive force on the planet.  And we're getting to watch it in action.  In the name of a profit, these outfits will utterly destroy the very system that made their profits possible, and they won't know or care until the self-destruction is complete.

yeah really. Russia and China should just sit back, plant shit and let us dismantle our own values one by one

China is absolutely frightening. They have strong nationalism (we don't have any unity) and have some smart people across their society. If they get turned onto being aggressive and militaristic - I can seem them really whipping ass all over the place. If they want to execute a cyber attack and take out the US power grid, they can. and they can get 50k scientists working on just that in no time. that shit is scary to me. 

I know they have plenty of their own issues to deal with, I know. but looking at their unity and our complete meltdown side by side makes my butt cringe

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, staboner said:

China is absolutely frightening. They have strong nationalism (we don't have any unity) and have some smart people across their society. If they get turned onto being aggressive and militaristic - I can seem them really whipping ass all over the place. If they want to execute a cyber attack and take out the US power grid, they can. and they can get 50k scientists working on just that in no time. that shit is scary to me. 

I know they have plenty of their own issues to deal with, I know. but looking at their unity and our complete meltdown side by side makes my butt cringe

Their unity is maintained by beating the fuck out of anyone that steps out of line.

43 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

yes but the overwhelming majority have swallowed the pill.  

Chinese culture doesn't celebrate individualism and it doesn't help that the state censors Western ideas such as individual liberty. Plus they kick the shit out of the few that dare to speak out against the state.

China is simply an authoritarian state.

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Chinese culture doesn't celebrate individualism and it doesn't help that the state censors Western ideas such as individual liberty. Plus they kick the shit out of the few that dare to speak out against the state.

And it always has been -- for hundreds (thousands?) of years.  Seriously, it's deeply ingrained in their culture.  Communism just matched up well with that, it didn't create it.

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Which is why we should probably ease up with the riot gear and billy clubs. Not a good look for Freedomland.

Chicken shit move to do that to a cockpit on approach or landing.  And that's a pretty crowded airspace nowadays with Italian, French, Djiboutian, Chinese, and American bases in relatively close proximity to one another.  Anyone who has ever flown into Djibouti-Ambouli International has gotten a good look at Camp Lemonneir, because they practically share the same runway.  US SOF has been running operations out of that camp when the French Foreign Legion owned it decades ago.  

The irony that you can buy a military grade laser for $40 that can mark a target kilometers away because of China is not lost on me.  

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

And it always has been -- for hundreds (thousands?) of years.  Seriously, it's deeply ingrained in their culture.  Communism just matched up well with that, it didn't create it.

Yup, and they're highly ethnocentric and xenophobic going back just as long.

I've only been lasered in the eye once, in Merida of all places. I did what every laser virgin does. " Hey what was that, let me get a good look". It's the second look that gets you. Scared the hell out of me. Luckily mine was green and weak, and came from a Buzz Lightyear action figure for all I know. Still scary and most uncool. 

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, I don't think communism has anything to do with it. I don't think China has even practiced communism/maoism for several decades but they are certainly an authoritarian state. Japan had/has a similar collectivist culture that was liberalized due to massive exposure to Western democracy. Granted, it was under the bootheel of U.S. occupying forces.

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

It is deeply uncool and dangerous and should be sanctioned severely but I am thinking these are the actions of little assholes in the Chinese military acting on their own, rather than some policy of the Chinese military. 

That was my first thought too. Probably some dick heads being dickish.

lasering planes is not a new hazard that we've been having to deal with.  been around for a few decades.  I would've thought by now we could have developed a polarized cockpit windshield that could block / dim those wavelengths by now.

12 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

It is deeply uncool and dangerous and should be sanctioned severely but I am thinking these are the actions of little assholes in the Chinese military acting on their own, rather than some policy of the Chinese military. 

People in the Chinese military acting on their own to start shit with another country’s military?  Didn’t we just have several posts about how China is stamping out individuality?  Seems like the military would not only be the first place they do that, but will be the place with the most punishment for doing that. 

Edited by atomheartbevo