Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

We need to institute a policy like they did for Willie Mays Hays.  You look at a called strike three and you do 25 push-ups right there at home plate.  How the fuck can you stand just stand there with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth in an elimination game.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

Just now, NeverMarryAStripper said:

We need to institute a police like they did for Willie Mays Hays.  You look at a called strike three and you do 25 push-ups right there at home plate.  How the fuck can you stand just stand there with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth in an elimination game.

Because it was probably a ball. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, NeverMarryAStripper said:

We need to institute a policy like they did for Willie Mays Hays.  You look at a called strike three and you do 25 push-ups right there at home plate.  How the fuck can you stand just stand there with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth in an elimination game.

Because it was an excellent pitch that fooled him and he wasn't going to touch it if he swung? Sometimes the pitcher beats you and you need a call to go your way. Just spit balling here...

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm going to call it an improvement and be glad this death march of a meaningless tournament is over.

Yeah. Let's get rested and move on. Last thing we needed was for Zubia to sprain his wrist on a slide trying to win the 2nd leg of a doubleheader. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

.....AND...the OSU softball team looks like they’re in the process of sending our ladies home....barring a miracle.  F OSU!

Gotta correct this....Ladies have come back to score 4 in the 5th and 6th inning.   It ain’t over yet!

Ladies leading 4-1....bottom of the 6th...OSU gets one more bat.

Edited by Cairn Horn88

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I don’t even understand anyone being upset that we are done from this tournament. OnCr we went to the losers bracket there was zero upside to us playing all the way through ingot the finals. This worked out perfectly. We didn’t need 2 more games. 

Well there was upside, you have an opportunity to give guys who don’t play a lot quality ABs with something on the line. Campbell was impressive today. Made the most consistent contact of anybody on the team this week outside of Zubia and Hodo. Could have done the same thing with the pitchers

But yes it is far from the end of the world

Edited by chase25
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, zlavydra said:

I think Hodo needs to hit 2nd

If I recall correctly he was actually leadoff batter earlier in the season. He's like Faltine (and frankly, Daly) in that he has stretches where he looks like a veteran at the plate and other times just overmatched. And of course, all three of those guys are underclassmen, so inconsistencies are to be expected.

I would still roll with Daly at the 2-hole because a) that's what we've done for the majority of this Big 12-winning season and b) he strikes out much less than Hodo.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I don’t even understand anyone being upset that we are done from this tournament. OnCr we went to the losers bracket there was zero upside to us playing all the way through ingot the finals. This worked out perfectly. We didn’t need 2 more games. 

This. We’re getting a top 8 seed, probably 3-4, so who cares about this tournament. The only team that should care at this point is KSU.

35 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The only team that should care at this point is KSU.

TCU is on the edge of a top 8 seed. I don't think it's certain for them yet. Winning the Big 12 tournament probably clinches a top 8 seed.

• Hook 'Em 2