EPL 2021-22

maninblack

22 hours ago, ztejas said:

Nothing like Liverpool fans talking shit about another club going through managerial turmoil. 

I mean you're working on getting up to 40 years removed from killing 97 people but keep up the banter. 

I know people are piling on re: your oligarch overlord, but you owe it to yourself to learn more about the Hillsborough disaster. That's a disgusting thing to say about a horrific, preventable tragedy and you're pissing on the graves of 97 innocent people, many of them children.

You wanna talk shit about Liverpool, there's plenty. Stevie's slip. Any number of Luis Suarez incidents and the club's embarrassing handling of them. Shit, we employed Roy fucking Hodgson for awhile.

But don't parrot ignorant, abhorrent vile about the people who lost their lives due to police incompetence. 

• Hook 'Em 4

22 hours ago, Napoleon said:

And Putin is just trying to drive the Nazis out of Ukraine. 

#NothingToSeeHere

[ostrich head in sand emoji]

Meh. A cursory read of the article linked by that the tweet that started this stated they were criminals given the death penalty. The headline did make me wonder WTF?

Trust me, I get the Saudi Arabia has human rights issues. Hell, I am absolutely no fan of the death penalty either. I have to admit, even if I was onboard with it saving up all your death penalty people recipients for 1 day is all kind of messed up (even if they were 100% guilty).

This isn't sticking my head in the sand. It was reading an article and seeing "criminals" and moving on.

2 hours ago, 406W30th said:

I know people are piling on re: your oligarch overlord, but you owe it to yourself to learn more about the Hillsborough disaster. That's a disgusting thing to say about a horrific, preventable tragedy and you're pissing on the graves of 97 innocent people, many of them children.

You wanna talk shit about Liverpool, there's plenty. Stevie's slip. Any number of Luis Suarez incidents and the club's embarrassing handling of them. Shit, we employed Roy fucking Hodgson for awhile.

But don't parrot ignorant, abhorrent vile about the people who lost their lives due to police incompetence. 

Hillsborough is Liverpool's Bonfire. If you ever want a cheap low blow, it's there. It, however, never feels right after you say it.

re: Chelsea Owners

One Fireman's Wife must've been fucked by John Terry.

Second, I have no desire to have Middle East overlords, granted I have zero fucking control over who is picked. I might adjust my fandom based on whom they hire, hell maybe I go fly fishing more often on Sat/Sun AM.

Third, fuck the fans that chanted Roman's name. They need to know their place. Try not to make gross assumptions that the vast majority of Chelsea fans would prefer Roman to stay after what has transpired in Ukraine.

I personally was hoping Boehly and Wyss made it happen, but who know.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/13/2022 at 10:02 AM, ztejas said:

Nothing like Liverpool fans talking shit about another club going through managerial turmoil. 

I mean you're working on getting up to 40 years removed from killing 97 people but keep up the banter. 

Wow, man. That might be the worst take you’ve had on this site if you think Liverpool were to blame for an overcrowding crush incident in a neutral stadium. Seriously, go watch the Hillsborough 30 for 30 on ESPN. Then report back to us on how things went down. There’s a reason the families of the 97 sued multiple people and organizations and asked for criminal inquires. I get you’re angry that Chelsea is getting its dick knocked in the dirt but to use an incident where families lost their loved ones as a punchline is fairly crass. I’ve been to the Hillsborough memorial at Anfield. You read the names and ages of those that died at a place where they just wanted to support their team. Perhaps you might need to take a little break and get some perspective.

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I get you’re angry that Chelsea is getting its dick knocked in the dirt

Honestly most Chelsea fans do not feel that Chelsea is getting its dicked knocked in the dirt. I think most Liverpool fans, specifically here, hope that is true. But nothing up to this point suggests that Chelsea is going anywhere. It really is just who will be writing the checks and are they from the Middle East or US/Europe.

12 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

This would be like a person who covers college football explaining how Alabama has been winning for 13 years and then explaining how Clemson & Georgia have joined the party. 

I love this. 

?imw=512&&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imc

On 3/14/2022 at 9:02 AM, 406W30th said:

And people that are literally still fighting for justice over 30 years later. Watching the videos of people literally suffocating standing up, pressed against fences, and literally dying on the field is horrific. To then basically call those people murders is disgusting 

10 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

tough month for “your boy”

Hah, no I think Terry is probably a piece of shit outside of soccer. He was a hell of a footballer for Chelsea and I appreciate that about him. That being said, the only reason I'm posting his photo is due to the fact I'm fairly certain he slept with your wife, hence your deep seeded hatred for everything Chelsea.

p1718.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/14/2022 at 10:02 AM, 406W30th said:

Your self-righteousness falls a little flat when you post a laundry list of Liverpool's indiscretions without mentioning Heysel.  

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

And people that are literally still fighting for justice over 30 years later. Watching the videos of people literally suffocating standing up, pressed against fences, and literally dying on the field is horrific. To then basically call those people murders is disgusting 

No question.  That said, you can understand how people jumped to conclusions at the time given the coverage of Hillsborough by the tabloids and the fact that Liverpool supporters murdered 39 people in stadium during the European Cup Final four years earlier.

5 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Your self-righteousness falls a little flat when you post a laundry list of Liverpool's indiscretions without mentioning Heysel.  

No question.  That said, you can understand how people jumped to conclusions at the time given the coverage of Hillsborough by the tabloids and the fact that Liverpool supporters murdered 39 people in stadium during the European Cup Final four years earlier.

People jumped to conclusions because tabloids said fans robbed and pissed on dead people. It’s clear that it wasn’t some sort of hooliganism. It was all on live tv for anyone to see. 
That doesn’t absolve anyone for Heysel by any means, but Heysel isn’t the reason people jumped to conclusions. That was a coordinated effort by the Yorkshire police to cover their culpability. Which is why Duckenfield is on the hook for it all these years later.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Heysel isn’t the reason people jumped to conclusions. 

Completely disagree.  No one was giving Liverpool supporters the benefit of the doubt after Heysel and its fallout (the removal of English football from European competition for basically a decade).  Frame by frame analysis of Hillsborough also wasn't really available in 1989.  Heysel enabled both the coverup and the hostile media coverage.    

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Completely disagree.  No one was giving Liverpool supporters the benefit of the doubt after Heysel and its fallout (the removal of English football from European competition for basically a decade).  Frame by frame analysis of Hillsborough also wasn't really available in 1989.  Heysel enabled both the coverup and the hostile media coverage.    

I think that’s fair. I should have said it isn’t the only reason people jumped to conclusions. It certainly played a large factor. I think casting it as the only cause is also wrong and absolves the police (I don’t think you’re trying to absolve them but some do), 68 of which gave knowingly false statements and information to the press at the direction of superior officers. 
I think it is important to acknowledge that both Heysel and malfeasance on part of SYPD created a false narrative about the victims and I should have done better explaining that.

Edit: apologies the 68 officers had their statements altered by superiors not necessarily have false statements.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

Hah, no I think Terry is probably a piece of shit outside of soccer. He was a hell of a footballer for Chelsea and I appreciate that about him. That being said, the only reason I'm posting his photo is due to the fact I'm fairly certain he slept with your wife, hence your deep seeded hatred for everything Chelsea.

p1718.png

image.gif.7dd66c9a86a27874339daa7db8caf1b7.gif

I don’t hate Chelsea any more than I do Man City/PSG/Everton/Newcastle

Unsustainable business models run by kleptocrat criminals. This isn’t some new callout I started making in February 2022. I’ve been calling this shit out since Hornfans. 

fuck the Russia World Cup, fuck the Qatar World Cup, fuck the club World Cup held in some Middle East shithole, fuck Europa League finals in Baku. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, yoladu said:

Would this be a good time to mention I am not a fan of Liverpool, Man U, and Spurs in that order? 😄

Although I will add -  I almost always root for you all to win against non Top 6 clubs - It does a club like Southampton no good if Burnley, Norwich and Watford pick up points on y'all.

Having the teams, Southampton are actually competing against, get beat down is the goal. We are not competing with the Liverpool's, Chelsea's, and City's of the world. 

It's a messed up way to be a fan, but it's the League we got.

18 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Although I will add -  I almost always root for you all to win against non Top 6 clubs - It does a club like Southampton no good if Burnley, Norwich and Watford pick up points on y'all.

Having the teams, Southampton are actually competing against, get beat down is the goal. We are not competing with the Liverpool's, Chelsea's, and City's of the world. 

It's a messed up way to be a fan, but it's the League we got.

And honestly with all the appropriate movement of players from Southampton to Liverpool it can't bee too difficult. Hell they both have red in their kits, too.

Edited by MoJames

4 hours ago, MoJames said:

p1718.png

My only John Terry memory.

Manchester United would be dumb to not monitor the situation around Tuchel. He is a fantastic coach. I certainly could understand why he would choose to move on with the current environment. Hopefully we will have a clear path ahead at the end of the week regarding our new ownership. Either way I wouldn't be shocked if he moved on. Is there really that big of an outcry in London regarding this, or is this just a bunch of manure and bin dipper pundits trying to entertain people? I'll go ahead and put money on the second.

54 minutes ago, Dutch said:

…Oh, and there's a football match this afternoon.  There will be goals… probably…

I was hoping that it would be on USA network, but apparently they are showing numerous episodes of Law & Order SVU before changing over to Temptation Island at 7:00pm. 

Et tu Peacock!

• Haha 1