EPL 2021-22

maninblack

21 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

"Situation"? He's a dipshit who committed two yellow card events in less than a minute. Do you want us to point out what a dipshit he is?

well considering how much you guys love to clown on everything Arsenal, yes, i did expect to see a bunch of shit talk about it. where the hell you been at?

i personally thought that Gabi was stupid and i didn't protest the call when it happened, but in the aftermath i've seen a whole lot of talk on social media, including from other players, and the majority seem to be saying that a)nobody has ever seen that before, and b)that michael oliver was in the wrong for a multitude of reasons. 

was that instance seriously the first time in football history that someone has committed two bookable fouls in one passage of play? 

should oliver have stopped the game to book martinelli if the first foul was a card?

Martinelli had no idea he was already on a yellow. would he have made the second foul had he known?

is there any precedence for that call in EPL history?

there's a lot more to unpack here than just, "hurr durr, Arsenal dipshits gonna dipshit."

Edited by shadow_operative

Acutally it was two stupid plays and two yellow card worthy offenses.

https://www.ziscore.com/qa65/

You show me this replay he got what he deserved. And no, the ref doesn't have to stop shit.  He let play continue until he had to stop play and they gave two cards that were well earned.

And we weren't talking about it before because

SplendidPhonyGalapagospenguin-max-1mb.gi

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Acutally it was two stupid plays and two yellow card worthy offenses.

https://www.ziscore.com/qa65/

You show me this replay he got what he deserved. And no, the ref doesn't have to stop shit.  He let play continue until he had to stop play and they gave two cards that were well earned.

And we weren't talking about it before because

SplendidPhonyGalapagospenguin-max-1mb.gi

😂😂😂

you, of all people, saying "nobody cares" when it comes to talking about Arsenal is fucking hilarious. 

no you guys are right, i've been imagining the incessant arsenal shit talk from y'all for the last decade or so. 😂 

it's precisely because of how often you guys chat shit about Arsenal that had me surprised that nobody was talking about the biggest talking point in the EPL yesterday. but now you all wanna come in here and suddenly act like you have no idea what i'm talking about. LOL, ok. ozil, giroud, wilshere, wenger, emery, arteta, xhaka, red cards, and on and on and on. yeah, you guys nevvveeerrrr talk about Arsenal. nobody cares! ok, whatever makes you feel cool right now. 

27 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

How come you guys aren't talking about this!?!?!?!

Because we don't care.

See! You care because you responded!!!

facepalm GIF

yeah, let me fix this for you:

"i'm surprised that the crew who jumps at any chance to rag on Arsenal hasn't done so after yesterday."

"we don't care about anything related to Arsenal, we never talk about them!"

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886wgsmgeuxosx5navstq

11 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

You ok, man?

i get taken aback when people have zero self awareness like this. i never dreamed that mentioning the obvious and indisputable fact that this forum/thread loves to rag on arsenal would be so controversial, or something that anyone here would deny.

you go back 5, 6, 7+ years and Arsenal has always been the whipping boy for this forum. Arsenal has *literally* received more smack talk here in that time than every other EPL team combined. it's all in good fun, and it's never been an issue, but don't suddenly act like i'm claiming that the sky is neon purple when i say "hey you guys like to rag on arsenal, i'm surprised that it didn't happen this time."

20 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

image.gif.dc3f4603fcbee317895d6088abd84717.gif

again, if it makes you feel cool then have at it. it's just strange and weird that suddenly one of the staples of this forum/thread (people making fun of/laughing at Arsenal) is suddenly being denied. it was never a big deal. nobody was upset about it. ive taken part in it plenty myself. but acting like that's never been the case was and is funny and strange. posting a gif that's the opposite of reality doesn't change anything.