EPL 2021-22

maninblack

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

I mean Spurs should have been playing with 9 for the last hour of the game so yea I’d say there were some questionable calls.

This. Spurs should have been down two men halfway through the first half, and Pool should have been given a penalty kick. The game should have been 2-1 with a two-man advantage.

The officials were hilariously inept in this one. 

12 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I mean Spurs should have been playing with 9 for the last hour of the game so yea I’d say there were some questionable calls.

9 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

This. Spurs should have been down two men halfway through the first half, and Pool should have been given a penalty kick. The game should have been 2-1 with a two-man advantage.

The officials were hilariously inept in this one. 

• Haha 4
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Pathetic Shark said:

I get the red for Kane, what was the other one?  Liverpool should have got a penalty but if that was called a foul it wouldn’t be a yellow let alone a red

One of the Spurs players sitting on yellow shoved Mane to the ground and made no attempt at the ball soon after the No-call on the penalty. Should have been a foul, possibly a yellow. Instead, the ref gave Klopp a yellow for arguing calls.  

2 hours ago, midtown said:

Did Liverpool get jobbed a on calls?  Yes.   Are they the first team to get jobbed by the refs?  Not even close.  Do they act like they are the only team to ever be on the shitty end of questionable calls?  Yes

There is literally 10 posts on the prior page about Arsenal and their history with VAR. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, midtown said:

Did Liverpool get jobbed a on calls?  Yes.   Are they the first team to get jobbed by the refs?  Not even close.  Do they act like they are the only team to ever be on the shitty end of questionable calls?  Yes

Well, if it was Xhaka...

Oh wait.

https://mixture.gg/v/61be2ac12fc10

2 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

get method man GIFget method man GIFget method man GIF

I understand why they didn't put a hold on the season, that's a tough button to push.

But that they haven't put out real plans for when games will be postponed is kind of dumb. Chelsea is a great example, 7 positive cases and they weren't granted a postponement but Villa-Burnley was postponed the same day (with an unknown number of cases at Villa). The least they could do would be to set proper guidance and planning.

BTW seeing that 77% of EPL players are fully vaccinated. That's up from 68% in October.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

I mean the problem isn’t that the phrase is there, it’s that they pretend things aren’t clear and obvious 

Nebulous terms result in nebulous decisions. Why not have the ref look at EVERY tight decision like in the NFL? It's only 3 or so stops per game and would vastly improve consistency (IMNSHO)

sharing this in the EPL thread because i think fans of all clubs enjoy this type of behind-the-scenes look at things like transfer deals getting done. TIL that Aaron Ramsdale would still be at Sheffield UTD had some unnamed Sheffield higher-up not disrespected Ramsdale *after* blocking his move to Arsenal. I assume whoever it was is no longer employed by Sheffield.

side note: Ben Foster's podcast is just straight up good. 

Tottenham is for fucking real with Conte in charge.  5 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss.  and on their way to win #6 right now against Palace.

if these results hold, Tottenham will be in fifth place after Boxing Day, 6 points behind Arsenal.  but with 3 games in hand.  man.  second half of the season is gonna be great.

28 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Tottenham is for fucking real with Conte in charge.  5 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss.  and on their way to win #6 right now against Palace.

if these results hold, Tottenham will be in fifth place after Boxing Day, 6 points behind Arsenal.  but with 3 games in hand.  man.  second half of the season is gonna be great.

NLD on 1/16 could be big. 

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Wasn’t the loss his first match in charge? That motherfucker can motherfucking manage association football.