EPL 2021-22

maninblack

39 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Arsenal into the top 4.  they're a fun team to watch.  if/when they dump Auba and bring in a big time young striker, they could be dangerous.  lots of good, young pillars.

the GK/back four are locked in. Partey remains to be merely a passenger for Arsenal, and as such we could really use another MF. but yeah, you said it- drop RvP into this team for Auba and it's suddenly a side that you're not thrilled about playing against. a world class goal scorer could really propel this team forward. as for now i'll take all of the 1-0 type victories i can get. 

Edited by shadow_operative

I really don't understand what the EPL is doing right now. They could shut this down for 2 week and clear up everything (ideally). If nothing else, then you know these guys aren't catching it from each other. Instead they have set the crazy high bars of when games can be called off and teams are meeting them at the last second, causing these last second cancels. Worse, you are unnecessarily subjecting everyone to infected players.

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, sidis said:

Umm, how about a thank you from all the Liverpool toolbags on this board?

We ain't winning shit this year.

Take a couple points from City and they might love you long time. 

@Captain Ron NBA is doing the exact same shit right now. All it comes down to is $

Edited by ztejas

16 minutes ago, sidis said:

We had no business whatsoever knocking you guys off the nose and nose race. None whatsoever. 

We've been playing garbage football. This was a surprise to zero Chelsea fans. I mean, congrats? but we barely escaped Leeds with 3 points in our last outing. They proceeded to lose to City by 7 goals.

14 hours ago, ztejas said:

We ain't winning shit this year.

Take a couple points from City and they might love you long time. 

@Captain Ron NBA is doing the exact same shit right now. All it comes down to is $

They are chasing the $1 now and failing to see they are letting bags of money get a way.

Worse, they are completely missing they are chasing this into the street and about to get plowed into by a bus.

That might be a bit over the top. But I think in kicking the can down the road, they are just prolonging something they could take care of quickly with a 2-3 week break.

Granted, I also say that with little to no knowledge of how the league could do that in terms of timetables, etc. I know they have SOME time with no summer break, but that is also a deal with both the league and UEFA, so who knows?

On 12/15/2021 at 4:24 PM, Cheeseweasel said:

That's harsh.

On 12/15/2021 at 4:25 PM, Longhornfan1024 said:

Bad call there.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

On 12/15/2021 at 4:25 PM, hobbes2702 said:

Pretty clear foul in my mind. He gets the ball but that’s a reckless and dangerous challenge with a heavy, high follow through. Not to mention the backleg 

A lot of discussion about the Coufal challenge against Arsenal a few days back, which, IMHO is a clear foul/penalty/yellow (thus his 2nd red).

Some West Ham fan pulled these up up and posted:

Being still photos, they don't tell the whole story.

Coufal: https://mixture.gg/v/61ba59054972e

Alexander-Arnold:

Why were did these calls both go against West Ham? The major difference is what both players do both to get the ball and after they get the ball.

TAA stays low on the whole challenge against Fraser, he gets the ball, but never comes up. Sure he takes him out, but he made the play and stayed low to not put Fraser at risk.

Coufal on the other hand is high the whole way, he comes over the ball, almost missing it, and whacks Lacazette in the leg. And that's with Laca trying to jump over him. Worse is that with Laca trying to make the jump he almost gets his foot caught on the turf, which could have really bad. Coming in high just started that bad and resulted in a bad challenge and deserved card/penalty.

IMHO, both calls are right and should be shown in the right and wrong way to go for a ball.

• Hook 'Em 4

20 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

I really don't understand what the EPL is doing right now. They could shut this down for 2 week and clear up everything (ideally). If nothing else, then you know these guys aren't catching it from each other. Instead they have set the crazy high bars of when games can be called off and teams are meeting them at the last second, causing these last second cancels. Worse, you are unnecessarily subjecting everyone to infected players.

Lots of reasons behind this.  Obviously there’s the money aspect, Christmas fixtures, particularly Boxing Day are generally the most popular of the season.  There’s so many matches scheduled that completely shutting things down will cause incredible congestion moving forward. Another challenge is the reluctance from players to get vaccinated.  Players are getting infected repeatedly so the cycle is tough to break.  I think there is meant to be a winter break early next year but regardless all things point to pending chaos.

2 hours ago, Pathetic Shark said:

Lots of reasons behind this.  Obviously there’s the money aspect, Christmas fixtures, particularly Boxing Day are generally the most popular of the season.  There’s so many matches scheduled that completely shutting things down will cause incredible congestion moving forward. Another challenge is the reluctance from players to get vaccinated.  Players are getting infected repeatedly so the cycle is tough to break.  I think there is meant to be a winter break early next year but regardless all things point to pending chaos.

Fixed it for you.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

You know where the EPL really dropped the ball? Not doing more to get players vaccinated . Look at the US leagues. The vaccine coverage is well over 90 in the NFL, NBA, NHL and MLS. They did all they could to educate the players.

The EPL basically left everyone in their own with minimal guidance.

Even the other European leagues did much better than the EPL. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Spurs-Liverpool has been entertaining.

Spurs have been unlucky to not have another goal or two. Though Allison appears to have kept Dele's shot out of net.

Spurs have been lucky the officiating is questionable. Kane had a challenge that could have easily been red worthy and a pretty obvious foul in the box was reviewed, but never sent to the monitor for a 2nd look by the ref.

Both teams were able score on counters and break down the defenses.