Other NCAA Regionals Thread

WBT

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah I think after the first game it is coinflips and seeing who hasn't been the visiting team yet.

Depends on who wins the first games, as I believe the team that has been the home team the least times during the regional gets the honor. Coin flip comes if that’s equal. 

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Depends on who wins the first games, as I believe the team that has been the home team the least times during the regional gets the honor. Coin flip comes if that’s equal. 

Ah gotcha. I just know it is really random who gets to be home team in the second game in all the regionals I have been to over the years. Then, if you were the home team in game two, you are always the visiting team in game 3.

Hope Southern Miss, Oregon, and Nebraska can pull it out.

Campbell will have to continue to put up 15 runs a game if they are going to beat Miss State. Considering how awesome Notre Dame looked Miss State pitching has quite the challenge ahead of it with them lurking if they put Campbell away.

20 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

Neither of USA or USF scares me even a little bit. Every formidable or larger school not named Florida, handled them both all season. 

With our starting pitchers nobody should scare us. We can beat anybody.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Vandy and Arkansas both in danger of playing for their lives tomorrow. 

Said before and I'll say it again, this mirage that Arky is some juggernaught unbeatable team is just that, a mirage.

They are very good.

They are also extremely beatable.  The SEC "Invinsible Aftershave" they enjoy wearing is a 50/50 alkaline water/snake oil blend.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, bluto said:

This shit is setting up incredibly well, that’s all I’m going to say

This would be a great sports day, but work is in the way.

Highly underrated these games might be…. Seems like they should start on Thursday sothey could close out on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Fort Worth Regional

• DBU-Oregon State play winner take all game

Columbia Regional

• (11) ODU-Virginia play winner take all game

I'm sure this has been discussed, so apologies, but where it the Super Regional going to be for this? ODU declined to bid for a regional host right? Can they change their mind for a Super?

Edited by CBT

Guest Lobo

Apparently Corvalis, Fort Worth, and Norfolk are the possibilities.  The only places that won't host it are Charlottesville, VA and DBU's campus.  Fucking weird.

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Apparently Corvalis, Fort Worth, and Norfolk are the possibilities.  The only places that won't host it are Charlottesville, VA and DBU's campus.  Fucking weird.

Why not Greenville? ECU is traveling to Nashville so that site is free. 

wait WTF the NCAA site scoreboard just changed and now it is Mississippi State 2-0 WTF

they had Campbell as the away team (top of the score listing) 1-0 and then it flipped and Campbell is the home team (bottom of score listing) and Mississippi State is 2-0

shit :(

2 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

wait WTF the NCAA site scoreboard just changed and now it is Mississippi State 2-0 WTF

they had Campbell as the away team (top of the score listing) 1-0 and then it flipped and Campbell is the home team (bottom of score listing) and Mississippi State is 2-0

shit :(

The NCAA site is/has been pretty borked.

MSU is the away team.  They lead 2-0

Guest Lobo

You had me confused and there was plenty of mistakes on the NCAA  board yesterday.  But it looks like MSU up early.  

USF-USA almost to the bottmo of 6 already.  

MSU/Campbell on EPSNU right now.  Not sure who'll be on TV at 2/3pm this afternoon with so many good games happening shortly.  

Obviously plenty of time to rest between today and Friday for USA or USF, but would be nice to see them completely upend and distrupt their entire rotations just 'cause.

Guest Lobo

Now Campbell is up.  3-2 on a 3-run bomb by #25.  Didn't go far but went as high as Panama Red.  Game already off to an interesting start.  Between the rain clouds, high pitch counts, mound visits, and offense...their game shuodl be over by 5pm

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

You had me confused and there was plenty of mistakes on the NCAA  board yesterday.  But it looks like MSU up early.  

USF-USA almost to the bottmo of 6 already.  

MSU/Campbell on EPSNU right now.  Not sure who'll be on TV at 2/3pm this afternoon with so many good games happening shortly.  

Obviously plenty of time to rest between today and Friday for USA or USF, but would be nice to see them completely upend and distrupt their entire rotations just 'cause.

yea it had me confused too

I mean right after I posted that I go back and look at the page and it basically blinks the score and the places of the teams changed and MSU was up 1-0 then up 2-0

the one thing that has really annoyed me is you click on the scores of the games to get more info like balls/strikes/outs and sometimes that info will just randomly disappear from the page....WTF

and yea it looks like Campbell had some nerves early and made some errors, but damn they are not going to be a tomato can and out up 3 right now

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

Said before and I'll say it again, this mirage that Arky is some juggernaught unbeatable team is just that, a mirage.

They are very good.

They are also extremely beatable.  The SEC "Invinsible Aftershave" they enjoy wearing is a 50/50 alkaline water/snake oil blend.

Arkansas's results in games this season are fantastic.  Record in weekend series and against top 25 teams. 

When you look at the team, there's nothing that's outstanding, outside of a lot of guys hitting a lot of dingers and Kopps.  No one hits over .300 and the starting pitching is nothing special, outside of Wicklander who usually only goes 5 innings.  Also had some pretty costly injuries late in the season that affected pitching depth and that could come into play today.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Don Johnson said:

Arkansas's results in games this season are fantastic.  Record in weekend series and against top 25 teams. 

When you look at the team, there's nothing that's outstanding, outside of a lot of guys hitting a lot of dingers and Kopps.  No one hits over .300 and the starting pitching is nothing special, outside of Wicklander who usually only goes 5 innings.  Also had some pretty costly injuries late in the season that affected pitching depth and that could come into play today.

I thought y’all were the OmaHogs though

Guest Lobo

Anybody know when the last game for USA/USF is gonna happen?  Either usual 30 minute gap, starting around 1:00p our time.  Or they take a TV gap and some back at 3 or 6pm.  Which would be a shame since USA has some momentum back on their side.  I still don't know who we're supposed to want to play.? ??

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Anybody know when the last game for USA/USF is gonna happen?  Either usual 30 minute gap, starting around 1:00p our time.  Or they take a TV gap and some back at 3 or 6pm.  Which would be a shame since USA has some momentum back on their side.  I still don't know who we're supposed to want to play.? ??

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

Jaguars win.  Game 7 in 55 minutes.

From the ESPN announcers immediately after the final out was recorded.  They should know.  Should.

• Hook 'Em 1