Other NCAA Regionals Thread

WBT

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I forgot which pundit was going on and on about how N.C. State would make it to a Super, and probably Omaha.  I did not see that coming.  They are looking like a very complete ballclub through two games against solid competition.  Of course USF is the big surprise, particularly since they might be coming to Austin in  5 days time.

The upsets are glaring but overall, the whole tourney is shaking out mostly like it should have.  

PSA to the Frogs---get your shit together today, you're making the league look bad.  

also, early action today starting in 30 minutes with Charlotte/Maryland elimination game for East Carolina regional.  Virginia @ South Carolina in elimination game to face #1 ODU.  UCONN/C. MICH from South Bend.  And for our purposes, Miami facing a surprisingly tough S. Alabama in Gainesville.  Lots of great 11am games.  Obviously, rest of the field starts at 1 or 2pm for elimination games. 

I don't know if NC State can knock off Arkie, but they are a very good team that got a nice draw in LA Tech. Not surprised about results in Ruston so far.

Guest Lobo
1 minute ago, zlavydra said:

I don't know if NC State can knock off Arkie, but they are a very good team that got a nice draw in LA Tech. Not surprised about results in Ruston so far.

Yeah, Arkansas looked rusty on the mound on Friday and rusty at the plate yesterday.  It'd be a tall order for N.C. State, because we all know Arkansas has a whole 'nother gear they can switch to and they're not close to using it yet.  

24 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I forgot which pundit was going on and on about how N.C. State would make it to a Super, and probably Omaha.  I did not see that coming.  They are looking like a very complete ballclub through two games against solid competition.  Of course USF is the big surprise, particularly since they might be coming to Austin in  5 days time.

The upsets are glaring but overall, the whole tourney is shaking out mostly like it should have.  

PSA to the Frogs---get your shit together today, you're making the league look bad.  

also, early action today starting in 30 minutes with Charlotte/Maryland elimination game for East Carolina regional.  Virginia @ South Carolina in elimination game to face #1 ODU.  UCONN/C. MICH from South Bend.  And for our purposes, Miami facing a surprisingly tough S. Alabama in Gainesville.  Lots of great 11am games.  Obviously, rest of the field starts at 1 or 2pm for elimination games. 

Pulling for ODU. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BillyGoatHill said:

.correct breaking bad GIF

Yep. Getting an number in the tourney? OK.

But don't care about other Big 12 teams advancing. 

I want the Big XII to advance, because fuck the SEC bias.

Besides that, yeah, every team for themselves.

17 minutes ago, slorch said:

Yep. This is how I feel. I’m sick of the ESPN blowhards sucking sec dick.  And just like football. Top loaded and the rest are average

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Yeah, I'm all behind Tceh and TCU, until the face the Longhorns.  I'm a native Texan, always have rooted for the state teams (until even I got fed up with aggy's endless crap.)  And really respect how TCU has scrapped and done what it takes to stay relevant.  They carry their weight in this conference.

I want all the B12 teams to 4 corner the CWS and maximum piss off ESecPN.

• Hook 'Em 2

Guest Lobo

I think Liberty may be on their way to eliminating Duke.  They're up 8-0.  In the 1st.  

Still can't believe Gainesville regional with Miami, and we're gonna face South Alabama, South Florida, or some other South Godforsakenshithole.  

We'd better not fuck it up. 

Guest Lobo

^
Well done, tejas60

Big day for big first innings.  UC-Irvine comes blasting outta the gate over N.D. State 5-0 in the 1st.   

I fully expect Indiana State to lean on Ollie to pitch here shortly, after they got down in the 1st to GA Tech, 5-0.  

Edited by Lobo