Yahoo Search Engine Virus

I use Google Chrome.  Somehow my default search engine is constantly getting changed from Google to Yahoo.  I hate Yahoo! Their search engine sucks.  How do I stop this from happening?  And yes, I've Googled it. And "yahoo'd" it too. I don't see a good, easy answer.  I see some complicated answers, none of which seem to work. 

You probably downloaded something that came with an "add on" of Yahoo search that you didn't notice to uncheck during installation. Delete it, and download it again but this time pay attention during installation and uncheck the box. 

Probably this

Go look for unusual stuff in the extensions in chrome

Yeah it’s a virus. Hard to get rid of.

Download 1 or 2 anti virus trial freebies
Shut down
Start in safe mode
Delete chrome (uninstall)
Go in settings and delete an apps you don’t recognize
Shut down
Restart in safe mode
Run AV utilities
Shut down
Restart in normal mode
Download chrome

Repeat if necessary

You could always use Bing.

Honestly, though, what’s your problem with Yahoo? How many times have you tested the same search on Google and Yahoo and found the results to be that different? You can always tell when someone searched via Google when they post a link that starts with the google.com domain. Yahoo doesn’t do that.

The internet was better before Google. Lycos used to be just fine. 

On 6/24/2021 at 7:53 AM, CooterBrown said:

Webcrawler FTMFW.

Every website has a unique numerical IP address. Cataloguing them by searching out every possible IP address makes a lot of sense. More so than giving any kind of preference to websites that pay you to appear at the top of your search results or the ones that are visited most frequently, which are frequently the same ones. Go figure.

Seems like nobody surfs anymore.