The 2021 Gold Cup

Knoxtnhorn

5 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

I wish HOPPE was playing but other than that this is about as good as you can expect

I listened to a podcast where Charlie Davies and some lady interview people and their guest was Reggie Cannon. This was recorded in late June.

I think that the plan was for Reggie to show out as the starter in the Gold Cup to help facilitate a move to a bigger club this summer.….that hasn’t exactly gone as planned.

3 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

If, "As good as it gets" included Lletget and Zardes then ultra meh.

I don’t understand how a Zardes / Dike pairing is supposed to work.

They must have looked at this in practice, but it seems like an obvious disaster in my opinion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Next sun or are you going to the game?

Definitely. We are tailgating as well. I'll send you the info and a ticket link. Pricey in the SG area. 74 dollars but not bad compared to what my mexico and ES buddies are paying. If you got social media look up Barra 76, that's our Supporter Group for USA

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I don’t understand how a Zardes / Dike pairing is supposed to work.

They must have looked at this in practice, but it seems like an obvious disaster in my opinion.

zardes is going to do sterling things in the box and waste 10 chances

SUM is supposedly disconnected from the nats, and yet this smells like using the yutes to try and put zardes and lletget in the shop window

maybe we're wrong

maybe this works

but i doubt it

jones, twellman, altidore, zardes......  all hat, no cattle

10 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

zardes is going to do sterling things in the box and waste 10 chances

SUM is supposedly disconnected from the nats, and yet this smells like using the yutes to try and put zardes and lletget in the shop window

maybe we're wrong

maybe this works

but i doubt it

jones, twellman, altidore, zardes......  all hat, no cattle

Gyasi Zardes turns 30 years-old on September 2nd, has a bad first touch, and has never even played in Scandinavia or Greece.

Exactly what kind of shop window do you see him in? Do you think that he is looking for a transfer to a Central American league?

Sebastian Lletget would probably be playing somewhere in a lower league in Europe at this point if he hadn’t hurt himself a few years ago, but he’s been with “Becky G” for 5 years now and his life is in LA. I think that his European window has closed and he’s made peace with that as long as he gets to go to a World Cup.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Definitely. We are tailgating as well. I'll send you the info and a ticket link. Pricey in the SG area. 74 dollars but not bad compared to what my mexico and ES buddies are paying. If you got social media look up Barra 76, that's our Supporter Group for USA

Thx.  I'll have to check my own adult league sched before I'll know.  Stupid league is putting out the weekend schedule week-by-week.

40 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

I’ve got 4 coming as well.   

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Gyasi Zardes turns 30 years-old on September 2nd, has a bad first touch, and has never even played in Scandinavia or Greece.

Exactly what kind of shop window do you see him in? Do you think that he is looking for a transfer to a Central American league?

Sebastian Lletget would probably be playing somewhere in a lower league in Europe at this point if he hadn’t hurt himself a few years ago, but he’s been with “Becky G” for 5 years now and his life is in LA. I think that his European window has closed and he’s made peace with that as long as he gets to go to a World Cup.

They are both MLS journeymen that are over the hill for attackers (production decline starts at 28). They will never sniff Europe, except when we have friendlies over there.

canada:

20 Akinola - Toronto FC, 21yo, born in Detroit, turned coat 30 June

17 Larin - Besiktas, 26yo, 20-21: 45 apps, 23 goals

10 Hoilett - Cardiff (contract expired 1 July), 31yo, 20-21: 23 apps, 2 goals

12 Buchanan - Revs, 22yo

6 Piette - Montreal, 26yo

8 Fraser - Toronto on loan to Columbus, 23yo

22 Laryea - Toronto, 26yo

4 Miller - Montreal, 24yo

5 Vittoria - Moreirense (Portugues La Liga 20-21: 8th), 34yo, 20-21 stats ?

2 Johnston - Nashville, 22yo

16 Crepeau - Vancouver, 27yo

16 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I agree 1000% with everything you just wrote.  I said it *seems*like* they are getting featured and the only reason that would make sense given their certainty of not participating in qualifiying.