The 2021 Gold Cup

Knoxtnhorn

Just now, gsoda3 said:
3 minutes ago, ztejas said:
Zardes work rate is fucking pathetic. Playing him 90 minutes is absolutely retarded. 

Has he been bad? I just got back home 10 minutes ago but saw him sprint all the way back into the box to cover whomever our left back is.

He's actually worked his butt off and is now gassed. Hasn't been good, though. Whiffed on two balls that a decent strike would've netted. He should've come off at least 15 minutes ago.

Just now, gsoda3 said:
4 minutes ago, ztejas said:
Zardes work rate is fucking pathetic. Playing him 90 minutes is absolutely retarded. 

Has he been bad? I just got back home 10 minutes ago but saw him sprint all the way back into the box to cover whomever our left back is.

He might just be slow but he seems kind of lazy at both ends. 

He did have a nice assist on Vines goal but other than that he's been his typical self bottling chances and being a turnstile defending. 

He might just be slow but he seems kind of lazy at both ends. 
He did have a nice assist on Vines goal but other than that he's been his typical self bottling chances and being a turnstile defending. 
I did notice this MLs season zardes has lost several steps, maybe that's what you noticed too. Ah, Vines. That's who zardes was covering for. Busio!! What technique.

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Wait.  This fucking idiot subbed out Moore?  

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Moore was the only one who's impressed today and he gets subbed. 😕

Maybe he's letting Zardes play himself into shape?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WBT said:

Lletget with acres of space in the middle runs sideways with his head down and then passes it to a covered man on the wing.

That touch was so weird. I was trying to figure out if he was kicking it away from the goal on purpose or what.

Holy shit, that was ugly, ugly, ugly. But a win's a win.

Moore impressed. Busio didn't have time to show much, and his first pass was awful, but everything after that was quality and suggests he should starts.

At this point, I'd be willing to look the other way if Gergg decided to shoot the next Nat who nonchalantly gets caught in possession.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
pass instead of touch, for clarity

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Holy shit, that was ugly, ugly, ugly. But a win's a win.

Moore impressed. Busio didn't have time to show much, and his first touch was awful, but everything after that was quality and suggests he should starts.

At this point, I'd be willing to look the other way if Gergg decided to shoot the next Nat who nonchalantly gets caught in possession.

I don’t think Gergg would shoot a fly with the Bug a-Salt 

• Haha 1