The 2021 Gold Cup

Knoxtnhorn

On 7/21/2021 at 2:47 PM, A-Tex Devil said:

I like Zimmerman a lot.  That's too bad.  He's one of about 2 or 3 MLS players I'd be OK with in Qatar.  

Not sure I like him that much but I'm not sure I like our chances anymore at winning this thing with whatever our back 4 looks like without him. 

In honor of the upcoming match against the Jamaican national soccer team, known as the Reggae Boys. I am going to share some of my favorite reggae anthems. Just a little taste of the island to go with the dark meat jerk chicken and rum to enjoy the game with.

3 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Giving away tickets. Could be some cheap re-sales now. 

image.png

I wonder if you could set up an account and then claim two tickets without ever actually buying any FC Dallas tickets. 

Fairly certain that I am not interested enough to give it a shot. 

1 hour ago, trza-hawk said:

Soccer has countless tournaments year round, they are all expanding and more are added every year, and of all the competitions and games that could be broadcast on FOX, they chose Qatar vs. El Salvador.

The matchup isn't gonna grab casual fans but it has been a pretty damn exciting game

• Like 1

Qatar looked like a decently talented and well coached team with a whole lot of chemistry and experience between the players in the first part of the game. The second part of the game was complete disorganized bedlam. The Qatari keeper seemed shook up at the end, in the wrong place too often.

Just about every crowd shot at the game had folks in El Tri colors but holding Qatar flags. I would guess the El Tri fans had bought tickets figuring Mexico might make it into that game, and maybe the Qatar FA was handing out flags to anyone at the stadium. Almost none of them had the Middle Eastern eyes that the people from that part of the world have. But then a couple of the Qatar players weren't really from Qatar either. Then there was the awful Qatar 2022 promo video, endless Qatar Airlines commercials in the pregame, and the video ribbon ads for Qatar Airlines. I don't know where I got the idea but maybe the potential sponsorship revenue played a role in them being invited to the Gold Cup.