Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

21 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Ha their presumed All American TE Sternberger is splitting first team reps with a former LB? Wtf? I’m guessing true freshman Sternberge can’t block for shit 

If their tackles suck, they're going to have to play a TE who can block the vast majority of the time for that offense 

45 minutes ago, Goodman said:

I am of the belief that the sheep win 8-9 games this year, Sumlin was winning 8 while he lost some close ones but Jimbo better be the best play caller ever to walk this land because that OL is a hot mess.

I figured there’d be a fall off each of the last two years, and there wasn’t. That doesn’t mean there won’t be this year, however. The aggies are paper thin everywhere and they’re weak in a number of spots even at starter.

I knew Mack Brown’s lazy recruiting after the 2006 class was going to catch him eventually. When the chickens came home to roost in 2010, none of us were prepared for that level of collapse. No one anywhere predicted 5-7. I think we’re about to see something similar at ATM. My view is that they’re a 4-8 ball club and everyone on that staff knows it, which is why the writers are deeply hedging and the staff is trying to lock the class up ahead of the season. Asking a crew of recruits to hold the rope together is far different than asking someone to jump onto a ship that has run aground. 

• Like 2

Now this is hilarious. 

Spoiler

Liucci

9:40a

Staff

AG

Quote:

Ryan Tannehill, Johnny Manziel, Kenny Hill, Kyle Allen, Trevor Knight, Starkel/ Mond are competing to start for Jimbo. (Assume they are all at the the 2nd year of starting.) Who does Jimbo go with?

Here's one of my two favorite questions of the week to answer (feel free to discuss in the thread). I was about to go Tannehill, Manziel then Hill but then I rethought things and went Manziel, Tanney and Trevor Knight. As far Knight goes, he's such a tremendous leader in games in the huddle and also off the field and in the locker room. Plays with a winning attitude and can create. Had a very strong arm but accuracy was always such a major issue. I think given time in the system, Fisher would have corrected that and made him a much better passer. As for JM, I just think the dude was a generational playmaker, competitor, athlete and winner that Jimbo would have recognized that immediately and gone with a guy he probably would have felt he'd win a championship with. Tannehill was my original pick because he literally is the prototype for pro-style quarterback and would have been yet another first-rounder tutored by the QB whisperer himself. Will be interesting to see if I would change my tune and push Nick or Kellen into that group after watching them perform in the new offense this fall.

Quote:

Given the status of the 2019 recruiting class (nearly full) quick question on the 2020 class. Who would you say the top 5 recruits on the big board would be?

Interesting question. Not counting commits, I'd say five that stand out to me in the early going in state would be Zach Evansat the very top, big OL Chad Lindberg, Newton DE James Sylvester, Cibolo Steele CB Jaylon Jones, FB Austin WR Troy Omeire and North Forest WR Demond Demas stick out. Others include Southlake Carroll CB RJ Mickens, Duncanville S Chris Thompson and Trinity Christian CB Dwight McGlothern. Those are mine anyway but it's still insanely early. Remember, I'm not sure anyone knew the name Baylor Cupp outside of maybe Howell at this time a year ago, and very few were talking up Dylan Wright as a state top-10 talent.

Quote:

Curious on your super early pick on where Zachary Evans signs? I think he's one of the best backs to come out of Texas in a long while.

I'm going to go out on a real limb here and predict Texas A&M. How and why will the Aggies snap the North Shore drought? Because I get the feeling that this is something that Jimbo Fisher will make a personal crusade. I believe he knows that we're talking about the best RB the state has produced since Adrian Peterson, he probably reminds Fisher of some of the great backs he's coached at LSU, FSU and Auburn and he obviously knows how perfectly he fits into the offense. There's also the whole aspect of what it would mean to land the state's No. 1 player, the nation's best back and to land a superstar from that high school. Between Fisher and ace recruiter Jay Graham, I'm making the very early prediction that they somehow, someway get it done. Not going to be easy at all. In fact, it would probably be one of the biggest, most surprising 'gets' I've covered in over 20 years of doing this.

Quote:

Do the coaches use or have thought of using a camera on the QBs helmet in scrimmages to see what they see and work with their thought processes from the QBs perspective? 

No idea but I'll say this: I think Fisher is open to any and all innovative practices and teaching tools. That would strictly be a matter of preference for the head coach, but I get the feeling he's pretty confident that his method of teaching the position works fine as is. I'll ask around but haven't heard anything about it.

Quote:

Based on what you know/suspect about the new offense, what percentage running yards should we expect between the tackles versus outside?

I have no idea about percentages (maybe check FSU's numbers from the last few seasons but even then we're talking about year one, and a lot will depend on how well the guys can block it) but I will say we'll see more between the tackles than we have at any point since joining the conference, not counting QB runs by Johnny. I've heard the running game has been pretty impressive through camp and have talked to other college defensive coaches who say Fisher run schemes are always very difficult to stop.

Quote:

How much longer will Herman be the HC at tu?

The other question I really liked this week (for obvious reasons). It's a long but important answer, in my opinion. One certain to spark a lot of discussion.

While I'm hoping to see him stick around a while, I give it two years. As I've said many times over, I just haven't been very impressed (shockingly unimpressed actually) with his first year and a half at the helm in Austin. From his clumsy handling of press conferences ('pixie dust' and 'some' as two his better efforts) to the amateur-hour motivational tactics (burnt toast and runny eggs, pee tests, bat off the bus and, of course, the infamous sledgehammer) to the nipple twisting/taunting of an opposing player following a Texas Bowl win that pushed their record to a stellar 7-6 to losing several players to the NFL despite none being projected as first-round picks to being drug in to the Urban Meyer scandal to getting his teeth kicked in by Jimbo Fisher and the Aggies in-state during the 2019 recruiting cycle...yeah, I'd say it's been a less-than-stellar start to the Herman Era. Several of those slip-ups may very well have already tarnished his reputation on the 40 Acres, something the Longhorn big-wigs are surely not very fond of at all.

The highlights so far have been a top-5 class that was put together between coaching changes at OU and A&M during Herm's 'honeymoon' first season in Austin, some close losses and a bowl win over a Missouri team that didn't defeat a bowl-eligible foe all season. 

All of that combined with the pressure the Lincoln Riley is exerting from north of the Red River and what Fisher and the Aggies have done to win over high school coaches and recruits across the Lone Star State makes for what could be a do-or-die second season in Austin. As has been well-documented, Texas hasn't been relevant since 2009 (we're approaching a decade of futility and .500 football in Austin) and the truth of the matter is that they've been playing catch-up as it pertains to the Aggies since Justin Tucker's kick sailed through the uprights at Kyle Field to end the 2011 season and the Ags' Big 12 affiliation.

Plain and simple. The Horns - who have never in their history been as patient as their in-state rival - are playing from behind and everyone knows it, which gives Herman precious little margin for error. Kevin Sumlin came in at the perfect time, the Ags caught lightning in a bottle with Manziel and the move to the SEC, and the Ags passed the Horns by a wide, wide margin (in terms of visibility, popularity and relevance) during that two-year stretch. Texas seemed to have finally closed the gap a little bit last fall while Sumlin and the Aggies limped to the end of a six-year run, but the progress was short-lived and came to an abrupt end when Fisher arrived in College Station, assembled his staff and began raking in the blue-chips from Houston to Dallas to San Antonio.

Look, it's obvious that Herman has his hands full in Austin and there's plenty to worry about even with what is actually a very watered-down schedule, but I'd still say Texas' two biggest worries are Texas A&M (ever wondered why the Horns want to renew the rivalry as badly as they do?) and the lackluster (that's putting it kindly) conference their own arrogance helped to create. Catching the Aggies on the field and in the court of public perception are an absolute must, and most Longhorn insiders know if it doesn't happen this year it's probably not happening.

Quote:

Can you report how Cordarian Richardson is doing ?

He's fine. He's on campus and on the team. Just redshirting right now but looked very good during the summer workouts. Expect to see him out there this fall when the team is practicing. All good in terms of his eligibility and being officially on the squad if that's what you're asking.

Quote:

Which of the assistant coaches would be the most likely to be offered/accept a coordinator or head coach job if we have a good season? I trust Jimbo to hire stellar replacements, I'm curious to how mobile the staff will be under him. Saban hires new coordinators and coaches annually it seems.

Interesting question. I'd say Elko as a HC but that's still probably a few years of great success in Aggieland away. He definitely has head coach written all over him, IMO, but for him to get the kind of head job worth leaving a nearly $2MM/year gig in College Station for, he'll have to build a pretty nasty defense in Aggieland. I think eventually that happens but have no idea on the timeline. He'll be at A&M for a nice run and then become a head coach. As far as assistants rising to the coordinator ranks, there are veterans who have already 'been there, done that' and it's still very early for guys like Linguist and Robinson, so those were strong hires, as well. For the most part, this staff should have some real continuity and staying power.

Quote:

I was around you some in college when you first got started in this business, and I'm astonished at what you and TexAgs have created. Y'all are killing it, and my quality of life is better with all the coverage TexAgs provides.

Thank you so much for saying that brother! Really appreciate it. We kind of get the 'Evil Empire' treatment at times on social media and even by an underground contingent on this site who think they're quietly working behind the scenes to sabotage the hard work of a company built BY Aggies FOR Aggies, but I can sit here and honestly say we reached the point we're at today by doing things the right way. It's still more fun each and every day than it ever should be and we're only going to make it better. Thanks again.

Quote:

Jimbo mentioned this week that college football programs cannot get complacent in facilities and support. What are some things on the horizon you see Jimbo and Woodward adding to facilities and support to keep us on the cutting edge of things?

Someone asked me this earlier. I think continued development to the weight room and S&C stuff and maybe some improvements on the academic center side of things. I really need to ask that specifically and will. Follow up in the next Q&A.

Quote:

Not a question so much as a request that TA take Stewade off the leash again this season. Rudder Tower or Terror was the best thing ever.

Stew is always off the leash. He's pretty much got free reign. Yep, that Tower of Terror thing was nothing short of incredible.

Quote:

How is Devin Morris Progressing? I believe he was also heavily recruited by FSU.

As a redshirt freshman, he's still down on the depth chart. I've seen him make a couple of nice plays in practice thus far. He'll have to show something this fall, either on special teams or in practice, however, because they're bringing in three really good ones and there are some good ones in his class and the class above him (particularly Renfro and Chattman).

Quote:

When do you expect QB1 to be announced?

I'd say in a little less than a week...if Jimbo even announces one prior to the game.

Quote:

I never thought it was possible to have an entire DL have 1st round grades. How intimidated are you with the Clemson DL vs. our OL, who struggled last year and have to learn a new system.

It's a pretty daunting task, that's for sure. Ask Auburn and Jarrett Stidham (multiple NFL o-linemen and he was sacked 11 times last September). Going to take Fisher and Dickey calling an outstanding game, the Ags getting something going on the ground with Trayveon Williams to take pressure off of the QB and not let those gifted rushers pin their ears back and the A&M defense keeping the Aggies in it so they can stay within the game plan offensively. Finally, an other-worldly amount of poise from whoever gets the call at QB. In other words, a little of everything but, yes, the five dudes up front plus the tight ends are the key to all of it. Worth noting that Syracuse managed to beat them last season, Pitt the year before and NC State should have were it not for a missed chip shot. Fisher and his worst team at FSU did the same last year before the Tigers pulled away in the final eight minutes or so.

Quote:

I would expect a lot of two TE fronts to help block those guys. Will that ultimately limit our offensive play calling?

I'm not sure Fisher would view lining up with two tight ends capable of making big plays in the passing game a limiting factor. But, yes, I definitely think we'll see plenty of two tights against Clemson and throughout the season.

Quote:

After the dust settles, any fallout from the Urban Meyer situation? In Columbus or Austin?

I think the fallout in Austin is the simple fact that it's yet another bad look for Tom Herman, and I can assure you that Texas high school coaches, recruits and the parents of recruits are starting to take notice. Just not a very good reputation around the state and he's being met with quite a bit of skepticism. It has everything to do with his personality, delivery and, quite frankly, his arrogance around the folks I just mentioned. As for Urban, my guess is some kind of suspension and it'll be a little tougher for him to recruit (especially in far OOS places like Texas). He'll come out of it okay, I think.

Quote:

Christian Harris looks like a complete stud, but given he has no experience at inside backer, do you think they look for another inside linebacker in this class?

I'm not saying the Ags won't add one more linebacker in this class (Nick Jackson and Nakobe Dean are still in play, and the Ags could unearth another legit target or two along the way) but it will have nothing to do with specifically looking for a 'true inside LB' or Harris' lack of experience as a true LB. There are zero concerns there and I'm not sure there are many guys the Ags are more thrilled about having.

Quote:

Can you project where the other linebackers in the 2019 class will play? Inside vs Rover etc 

Hit this topic in part one.

Quote:

How do we beat Clemson?

They'll have to play inspired enough ball to carry the game into the fourth quarter and keep the crowd electric and engaged. Maybe a rough game out of Bryant and the true freshman Lawrence plays and struggles on the road in a hostile environment (he's so damned talented though). Don't let the Tiger d-line take over and do so by establishing the run and tight ends early. If they pull off the colossal upset, I think the biggest reason will be physical and mental toughness by the Ags, the Kyle Field crowd and Fisher/Elko's familiarity with coaching against Dabo and Venables.

Quote:

Who is your call for most likely "big fish" that Fisher reels in close to signing day? Go ahead and assume we still have a spot, as unlikely as that seems.

With that assumption, I'm going to say either Dean or Khris Bogle. Both are still longshots, don't get it twisted. But you asked.

Quote:

A simple "thank you" for doing these!

A simple "you're welcome" for enjoying them!

Quote:

How are running backs lining up after T Williams?

I'm telling you right now, Jashaun Corbin could be a really good one down the road. I think he'll play a key role this fall and emerge as legit offensive weapon for the Ags. He could be the Ags' version of Travis Etienne at Clemson. Vernon Jackson is starting to do some nice things as a bigger option, as well.

Quote:

Who is freshman surprise running back this season?

See above.

Quote:

Any context for us in regards to the Big Brother live feed shout out?

Not much since Haleigh is 'sequestered' while on the show or whatever. She's a friend of mine I met through some mutual connections. I'm really proud of her for stepping out there and going for it with the show and living in LA, etc. I think it was something about the Alabama/A&M game since apparently that dude she was talking to went to school there. The whole thing was pretty funny when I saw it on twitter.

Quote:

Had there been communication between a&m and Garrett Wilson? If so how often? Did the communication die out?

I'll just say this: I've heard he reached out, but I wouldn't spend too much time thinking about Wilson-to-A&M unless Urban Meyer loses his job. He's not going to Texas because Herman burned that bridge to ashes, so if he were looking for a new home in state, it would be with the Ags. If you're asking me if I think it comes to that, my answer is no.

Quote:

What kind of fluctuations do you expect with our commitments' ratings as they matriculate the season? Meaning, how many will move up in ratings (stars) or inconceivably drop. Could we be looking at a top 3 class moving some up?

Too tough to say but I predict Zach Calzada will make a strong move up, as will Kameron Brown and Dylan Wright and possibly Demani Richardson or Isaiah Spiller. A couple of uncommitted guys who will make a move are David Ugwoegbuand Jalen Wydermyer.

Quote:

I haven't followed 2020 recruiting all that closely so just how good is Zach Evans?

Unequivocally, the best this state has produced since Adrian Peterson.

Quote:

Does Coach Graham's history with putting RB's in the NFL play a big factor?

Absolutely. He's done an exceptional job in building a relationship with Evans so far, just as he did with Isaiah Spiller. If you really look at what he's been able to do in a very short period of time at the position, it's pretty remarkable.

Quote:

Who are the no doubt redshirts from 2018 class?

Tough one but I'll say James Foster, at least three of the four OL and maybe Montel Parker on offense. On D, maybe one of the still-raw DEs and that really could be it. Not many.

Quote:

Will the offense across the board be better in 2018? OL, QB, WR, RB

OL - Yes, QB - Yes, WR - Not yet, RB - TBD (Keith Ford made for a really nice 1-2 punch with Williams but the scheme will be so much more conducive to the backs having success. Probably better depth but not as strong of a 1-2 punch at the top)

Quote:

Why was there a Hell in "All Dogs Go to Heaven?" I mean if ALL dogs go to Heaven what's the point?

Great question. I haven't watched the movie so didn't even know a dog hell existed in it. I can't watch dog movies. They're always way too sad for me.

Quote:

Reading, watching and listening to all the camp coverage leads me to believe we are going to be better than the SEC prognosticators say we are. Is that just the nature of camp coverage (positive coverage) or are they a 7-8 win team? What's the story and who was the first girl you kissed?

I think a lot of it is the nature of camp coverage. They look about what I expected. I'm still torn between 7 and 8 with an "if they're healthy, they're good enough to beat most of the teams on the schedule (about 10 of them, anyway) if you were to isolate any single game" caveat. But probably a year away from breaking through. There will be some ups and downs this year, and I'll stick in the 7-8 range when I make my prediction a week from now.

First kiss? Wow, that's the most wheels off question I've had in a while. I think it was a girl Andrea (last name redacted so you goons don't go searching for her) in sixth grade. A year older, a cheerleader and had a twin sister. I thought I was REALLLLLY cool for a few weeks there before I got dumped.

Quote:

With so many guys interested and spots in high demand will we see a decrease in our guys taking late officials and wavering?

Yes. I don't think we'll see a lot of it but there will inevitably be a little of that. You know it's coming but the Fisher and the Aggies showed they can handle that last year with O'Neal and Brown. Hell, even Texas showed it with Coburn and Ingram. Plus, I believe the overwhelming majority of the commits will sign in December, which should really help matters.

Quote:

Who would you rather play for: Tom Herman, DJ Durkin, or Urban Meyer?

Meyer. He's not a very pleasant person but that's not even a legitimate question.

Quote:

Has Mack finally turned the corner?

I really believe he has. He's built a TREMENDOUS relationship with Elijah Robinson, and the assistant coach has broken through with him like neither of the two before him were able to. He's also a much better fit in the new scheme, one that will let him do some of the things he was able to do as a true freshman (shooting gaps, etc) before Chavis changed some things up. Daylon is in the best shape of his career, he's confident, happy and motivated. He has the confidence of the coaching staff, as well. I'm excited to see what he can do.

Quote:

Would you ever go on Big Brother? Someone has to keep the A&M-BB pipeline going, right?

Haha, no, I don't think I'd ever do a reality show that required me to live somewhere else and that would be overly invasive into my day-to-day life.

Quote:

What's your favorite movie, tv show, book, and band of all time? Thanks for your time Looch!

Okay, really quick: Movie - I'll have to think on that one because it doesn't just jump out...I kind of have one for each genre I think, TV Show - Sopranos, GOT or Seinfeld, Band - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Quote:

Are Aggie fans overly cautious this year about perceived team success or too optimistic and why?

I think most are being overly cautious. I don't sense too many who are overly optimistic. Realistic for this year and as hopeful as they've ever been in 2019 and beyond is how I'd describe most I interact with on the boards and in person.

Quote:

What unit will be deemed the surprise unit (positively) at the end of the year?

There's a chance it could end up being the offensive line but I'm still in 'believe it when I see it' mode. There's some optimism there with me as fall camp grinds on but I still have to see where the unit is by the end of September before 'buying.' For me, it might be running back. We all know what Williams has at the top but I think he'll be even better than expected (a breakout SEC star, IMO) and the guys behind him are going really surprise.

Quote:

The biggest complaint I've read from FSU fans (before they got salty over Jimbo leaving) was that they felt sometimes his offense was so complicated it was difficult for the team to execute without experienced playmakers. What do you think Jimbo will do differently given the youth on our roster?

Good question because it isn't an elementary offense (even though I was forced to tune out the bitter lot from Tallahassee long ago...they're in one hell of a state of denial over there and are literally pretending that they believe Willie T is an actual upgrade). He'll have those experienced playmakers soon enough, but I'd imagine that this fall the unit will fight through some growing pains. He'll try to lean on Williams, Ausbon and the tight ends if I had to guess, but the biggest factor is getting his QB up to speed as quickly as possible. The offense will only go as far as the guy under center and the ground game will take it.

Quote:

Do you know if Jimbo uses a test to determine a QBs ability to perform at a higher level? Something like the Wonderlic used in the NFL. If he doesn't, can you elaborate on why not?

Not sure that he uses anything like that and not sure how in the world you'd expect me to have so perfectly coincidentally and randomly asked him about that very specific teaching method so that I'd e able to 'elaborate on why not' for you!!! Jokes aside, I think his test is coaching the absolute you-know-what out of his guys at the position and testing their focus, want-to and mental/physical toughness every day in practice and meetings to see which of his guys rise to the top. He'll do that now during a QB competition just like he was doing it to his Heisman Trophy winning QB as a sophomore or his other first-round pupils even after they were experienced, proven veterans (and stars) in his system.

Quote:

How much more are we going to run the ball this year? It seems like our OLine will force a lot of running.

See above. But definitely a STRONG emphasis on the running game in year one under Fisher. Don't get it twisted, however, the Ags are going to throw the football and do some really nice things vertically. This isn't going to be Wisconsin or Alabama ground-and-pound or anything like that. Go look at the FSU offenses, even when they were young at QB.

Quote:

Game one starters along the OL?

I'll go with Green and Moore at tackle, Hocker and Sutherland at guard and McCoy at center (for game one).

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I figured there’d be a fall off each of the last two years, and there wasn’t. That doesn’t mean there won’t be this year, however. The aggies are paper thin everywhere and they’re weak in a number of spots even at starter.

I knew Mack Brown’s lazy recruiting after the 2006 class was going to catch him eventually. When the chickens came home to roost in 2010, none of us were prepared for that level of collapse. No one anywhere predicted 5-7. I think we’re about to see something similar at ATM. My view is that they’re a 4-8 ball club and everyone on that staff knows it, which is why the writers are deeply hedging and the staff is trying to lock the class up ahead of the season. Asking a crew of recruits to hold the rope together is far different than asking someone to jump onto a ship that has run aground. 

They had a "match winner" last year in Christian Kirk, and several other really good players like Watts, Henderson, and Ratley who helped buoy the rest of the team in a weaker than norm SEC

Their roster is full of lazy evals, bread, and poor systematic fits, and while their first 22 is probably middle of the road SEC, as you said they're thin after that, and playing Bama and Clemson early in the year means that they'll likely get beat up right before they play three of their "coin flip" type games they need to win in Arkansas, Kentucky, and South Carolina before they finally hit their bye week 

It shouldn't be a big knock against Jimbo's coaching ability in year one, but the narrative that will be pushed will be "A&M paid $75mm for five wins?!", and we'll all enjoy the hell out of it

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fud said:

They had a "match winner" last year in Christian Kirk, and several other really good players like Watts, Henderson, and Ratley who helped buoy the rest of the team in a weaker than norm SEC

Their roster is full of lazy evals, bread, and poor systematic fits, and while their first 22 is probably middle of the road SEC, as you said they're thin after that, and playing Bama and Clemson early in the year means that they'll likely get beat up right before they play three of their "coin flip" type games they need to win in Arkansas, Kentucky, and South Carolina before they finally hit their bye week  

It shouldn't be a big knock against Jimbo's coaching ability in year one, but the narrative that will be pushed will be "A&M paid $75mm for five wins?!", and we'll all enjoy the hell out of it 

The good news is the schedule gets even more difficult in Year 2.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This does not help push the roller coaster up.  That’s OK and all, but I like to see their heart set on a natty before each seaaon. 

45 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

The good news is the schedule gets even more difficult in Year 2.

...and the roster gets thinner. They'd damned sure better hold on to most of this 2019 recruiting class, because not only will a lot of them see playing time next year, there's a good chance several of them start.

(Funny thing is, aggy will see that as a good thing).

26 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

...and the roster gets thinner. They'd damned sure better hold on to most of this 2019 recruiting class, because not only will a lot of them see playing time next year, there's a good chance several of them start.

(Funny thing is, aggy will see that as a good thing).

It seems like this year is probably their low water mark for talent 

Holy shit.  Even for Luicci, that is incredible soft-porn fan fiction:

"I'm still torn between 7 and 8 with an "if they're healthy, they're good enough to beat most of the teams on the schedule (about 10 of them, anyway) if you were to isolate any single game" caveat."

*10* games the Ags would win in isolation if healthy?  Which ones??  Insanity. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

"The most noteworthy event was Hines’ first appearance at the rover in the media portion of the drills outside of Sunday’s open practice. Hines has great lateral movement and closing speed, attributes which would work well on the outside and in space. As we saw Sunday, it also enables Buddy Johnson to move inside with the linebackers. Johnson is much bigger than he was last year and carries more mass than Hines so he might be better suited to working inside."

Hines is 230 on A&M's roster and Johnson is 225. I said this a few pages back but Hines, Johnson and Okeke are too small to play inside in Elko's system. 

This move was likely made because Elko realized that all 3 are too small so why not just play your most talented player out of the 3 at rover. 

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Now this is hilarious. 

Hide contents

Liucci

9:40a

Staff

AG

Quote:

Ryan Tannehill, Johnny Manziel, Kenny Hill, Kyle Allen, Trevor Knight, Starkel/ Mond are competing to start for Jimbo. (Assume they are all at the the 2nd year of starting.) Who does Jimbo go with?

Here's one of my two favorite questions of the week to answer (feel free to discuss in the thread). I was about to go Tannehill, Manziel then Hill but then I rethought things and went Manziel, Tanney and Trevor Knight. As far Knight goes, he's such a tremendous leader in games in the huddle and also off the field and in the locker room. Plays with a winning attitude and can create. Had a very strong arm but accuracy was always such a major issue. I think given time in the system, Fisher would have corrected that and made him a much better passer. As for JM, I just think the dude was a generational playmaker, competitor, athlete and winner that Jimbo would have recognized that immediately and gone with a guy he probably would have felt he'd win a championship with. Tannehill was my original pick because he literally is the prototype for pro-style quarterback and would have been yet another first-rounder tutored by the QB whisperer himself. Will be interesting to see if I would change my tune and push Nick or Kellen into that group after watching them perform in the new offense this fall.

Quote:

Given the status of the 2019 recruiting class (nearly full) quick question on the 2020 class. Who would you say the top 5 recruits on the big board would be?

Interesting question. Not counting commits, I'd say five that stand out to me in the early going in state would be Zach Evansat the very top, big OL Chad Lindberg, Newton DE James Sylvester, Cibolo Steele CB Jaylon Jones, FB Austin WR Troy Omeire and North Forest WR Demond Demas stick out. Others include Southlake Carroll CB RJ Mickens, Duncanville S Chris Thompson and Trinity Christian CB Dwight McGlothern. Those are mine anyway but it's still insanely early. Remember, I'm not sure anyone knew the name Baylor Cupp outside of maybe Howell at this time a year ago, and very few were talking up Dylan Wright as a state top-10 talent.

Quote:

Curious on your super early pick on where Zachary Evans signs? I think he's one of the best backs to come out of Texas in a long while.

I'm going to go out on a real limb here and predict Texas A&M. How and why will the Aggies snap the North Shore drought? Because I get the feeling that this is something that Jimbo Fisher will make a personal crusade. I believe he knows that we're talking about the best RB the state has produced since Adrian Peterson, he probably reminds Fisher of some of the great backs he's coached at LSU, FSU and Auburn and he obviously knows how perfectly he fits into the offense. There's also the whole aspect of what it would mean to land the state's No. 1 player, the nation's best back and to land a superstar from that high school. Between Fisher and ace recruiter Jay Graham, I'm making the very early prediction that they somehow, someway get it done. Not going to be easy at all. In fact, it would probably be one of the biggest, most surprising 'gets' I've covered in over 20 years of doing this.

Quote:

Do the coaches use or have thought of using a camera on the QBs helmet in scrimmages to see what they see and work with their thought processes from the QBs perspective? 

No idea but I'll say this: I think Fisher is open to any and all innovative practices and teaching tools. That would strictly be a matter of preference for the head coach, but I get the feeling he's pretty confident that his method of teaching the position works fine as is. I'll ask around but haven't heard anything about it.

Quote:

Based on what you know/suspect about the new offense, what percentage running yards should we expect between the tackles versus outside?

I have no idea about percentages (maybe check FSU's numbers from the last few seasons but even then we're talking about year one, and a lot will depend on how well the guys can block it) but I will say we'll see more between the tackles than we have at any point since joining the conference, not counting QB runs by Johnny. I've heard the running game has been pretty impressive through camp and have talked to other college defensive coaches who say Fisher run schemes are always very difficult to stop.

Quote:

How much longer will Herman be the HC at tu?

The other question I really liked this week (for obvious reasons). It's a long but important answer, in my opinion. One certain to spark a lot of discussion.

While I'm hoping to see him stick around a while, I give it two years. As I've said many times over, I just haven't been very impressed (shockingly unimpressed actually) with his first year and a half at the helm in Austin. From his clumsy handling of press conferences ('pixie dust' and 'some' as two his better efforts) to the amateur-hour motivational tactics (burnt toast and runny eggs, pee tests, bat off the bus and, of course, the infamous sledgehammer) to the nipple twisting/taunting of an opposing player following a Texas Bowl win that pushed their record to a stellar 7-6 to losing several players to the NFL despite none being projected as first-round picks to being drug in to the Urban Meyer scandal to getting his teeth kicked in by Jimbo Fisher and the Aggies in-state during the 2019 recruiting cycle...yeah, I'd say it's been a less-than-stellar start to the Herman Era. Several of those slip-ups may very well have already tarnished his reputation on the 40 Acres, something the Longhorn big-wigs are surely not very fond of at all.

The highlights so far have been a top-5 class that was put together between coaching changes at OU and A&M during Herm's 'honeymoon' first season in Austin, some close losses and a bowl win over a Missouri team that didn't defeat a bowl-eligible foe all season. 

All of that combined with the pressure the Lincoln Riley is exerting from north of the Red River and what Fisher and the Aggies have done to win over high school coaches and recruits across the Lone Star State makes for what could be a do-or-die second season in Austin. As has been well-documented, Texas hasn't been relevant since 2009 (we're approaching a decade of futility and .500 football in Austin) and the truth of the matter is that they've been playing catch-up as it pertains to the Aggies since Justin Tucker's kick sailed through the uprights at Kyle Field to end the 2011 season and the Ags' Big 12 affiliation.

Plain and simple. The Horns - who have never in their history been as patient as their in-state rival - are playing from behind and everyone knows it, which gives Herman precious little margin for error. Kevin Sumlin came in at the perfect time, the Ags caught lightning in a bottle with Manziel and the move to the SEC, and the Ags passed the Horns by a wide, wide margin (in terms of visibility, popularity and relevance) during that two-year stretch. Texas seemed to have finally closed the gap a little bit last fall while Sumlin and the Aggies limped to the end of a six-year run, but the progress was short-lived and came to an abrupt end when Fisher arrived in College Station, assembled his staff and began raking in the blue-chips from Houston to Dallas to San Antonio.

Look, it's obvious that Herman has his hands full in Austin and there's plenty to worry about even with what is actually a very watered-down schedule, but I'd still say Texas' two biggest worries are Texas A&M (ever wondered why the Horns want to renew the rivalry as badly as they do?) and the lackluster (that's putting it kindly) conference their own arrogance helped to create. Catching the Aggies on the field and in the court of public perception are an absolute must, and most Longhorn insiders know if it doesn't happen this year it's probably not happening.

Quote:

Can you report how Cordarian Richardson is doing ?

He's fine. He's on campus and on the team. Just redshirting right now but looked very good during the summer workouts. Expect to see him out there this fall when the team is practicing. All good in terms of his eligibility and being officially on the squad if that's what you're asking.

Quote:

Which of the assistant coaches would be the most likely to be offered/accept a coordinator or head coach job if we have a good season? I trust Jimbo to hire stellar replacements, I'm curious to how mobile the staff will be under him. Saban hires new coordinators and coaches annually it seems.

Interesting question. I'd say Elko as a HC but that's still probably a few years of great success in Aggieland away. He definitely has head coach written all over him, IMO, but for him to get the kind of head job worth leaving a nearly $2MM/year gig in College Station for, he'll have to build a pretty nasty defense in Aggieland. I think eventually that happens but have no idea on the timeline. He'll be at A&M for a nice run and then become a head coach. As far as assistants rising to the coordinator ranks, there are veterans who have already 'been there, done that' and it's still very early for guys like Linguist and Robinson, so those were strong hires, as well. For the most part, this staff should have some real continuity and staying power.

Quote:

I was around you some in college when you first got started in this business, and I'm astonished at what you and TexAgs have created. Y'all are killing it, and my quality of life is better with all the coverage TexAgs provides.

Thank you so much for saying that brother! Really appreciate it. We kind of get the 'Evil Empire' treatment at times on social media and even by an underground contingent on this site who think they're quietly working behind the scenes to sabotage the hard work of a company built BY Aggies FOR Aggies, but I can sit here and honestly say we reached the point we're at today by doing things the right way. It's still more fun each and every day than it ever should be and we're only going to make it better. Thanks again.

Quote:

Jimbo mentioned this week that college football programs cannot get complacent in facilities and support. What are some things on the horizon you see Jimbo and Woodward adding to facilities and support to keep us on the cutting edge of things?

Someone asked me this earlier. I think continued development to the weight room and S&C stuff and maybe some improvements on the academic center side of things. I really need to ask that specifically and will. Follow up in the next Q&A.

Quote:

Not a question so much as a request that TA take Stewade off the leash again this season. Rudder Tower or Terror was the best thing ever.

Stew is always off the leash. He's pretty much got free reign. Yep, that Tower of Terror thing was nothing short of incredible.

Quote:

How is Devin Morris Progressing? I believe he was also heavily recruited by FSU.

As a redshirt freshman, he's still down on the depth chart. I've seen him make a couple of nice plays in practice thus far. He'll have to show something this fall, either on special teams or in practice, however, because they're bringing in three really good ones and there are some good ones in his class and the class above him (particularly Renfro and Chattman).

Quote:

When do you expect QB1 to be announced?

I'd say in a little less than a week...if Jimbo even announces one prior to the game.

Quote:

I never thought it was possible to have an entire DL have 1st round grades. How intimidated are you with the Clemson DL vs. our OL, who struggled last year and have to learn a new system.

It's a pretty daunting task, that's for sure. Ask Auburn and Jarrett Stidham (multiple NFL o-linemen and he was sacked 11 times last September). Going to take Fisher and Dickey calling an outstanding game, the Ags getting something going on the ground with Trayveon Williams to take pressure off of the QB and not let those gifted rushers pin their ears back and the A&M defense keeping the Aggies in it so they can stay within the game plan offensively. Finally, an other-worldly amount of poise from whoever gets the call at QB. In other words, a little of everything but, yes, the five dudes up front plus the tight ends are the key to all of it. Worth noting that Syracuse managed to beat them last season, Pitt the year before and NC State should have were it not for a missed chip shot. Fisher and his worst team at FSU did the same last year before the Tigers pulled away in the final eight minutes or so.

Quote:

I would expect a lot of two TE fronts to help block those guys. Will that ultimately limit our offensive play calling?

I'm not sure Fisher would view lining up with two tight ends capable of making big plays in the passing game a limiting factor. But, yes, I definitely think we'll see plenty of two tights against Clemson and throughout the season.

Quote:

After the dust settles, any fallout from the Urban Meyer situation? In Columbus or Austin?

I think the fallout in Austin is the simple fact that it's yet another bad look for Tom Herman, and I can assure you that Texas high school coaches, recruits and the parents of recruits are starting to take notice. Just not a very good reputation around the state and he's being met with quite a bit of skepticism. It has everything to do with his personality, delivery and, quite frankly, his arrogance around the folks I just mentioned. As for Urban, my guess is some kind of suspension and it'll be a little tougher for him to recruit (especially in far OOS places like Texas). He'll come out of it okay, I think.

Quote:

Christian Harris looks like a complete stud, but given he has no experience at inside backer, do you think they look for another inside linebacker in this class?

I'm not saying the Ags won't add one more linebacker in this class (Nick Jackson and Nakobe Dean are still in play, and the Ags could unearth another legit target or two along the way) but it will have nothing to do with specifically looking for a 'true inside LB' or Harris' lack of experience as a true LB. There are zero concerns there and I'm not sure there are many guys the Ags are more thrilled about having.

Quote:

Can you project where the other linebackers in the 2019 class will play? Inside vs Rover etc 

Hit this topic in part one.

Quote:

How do we beat Clemson?

They'll have to play inspired enough ball to carry the game into the fourth quarter and keep the crowd electric and engaged. Maybe a rough game out of Bryant and the true freshman Lawrence plays and struggles on the road in a hostile environment (he's so damned talented though). Don't let the Tiger d-line take over and do so by establishing the run and tight ends early. If they pull off the colossal upset, I think the biggest reason will be physical and mental toughness by the Ags, the Kyle Field crowd and Fisher/Elko's familiarity with coaching against Dabo and Venables.

Quote:

Who is your call for most likely "big fish" that Fisher reels in close to signing day? Go ahead and assume we still have a spot, as unlikely as that seems.

With that assumption, I'm going to say either Dean or Khris Bogle. Both are still longshots, don't get it twisted. But you asked.

Quote:

A simple "thank you" for doing these!

A simple "you're welcome" for enjoying them!

Quote:

How are running backs lining up after T Williams?

I'm telling you right now, Jashaun Corbin could be a really good one down the road. I think he'll play a key role this fall and emerge as legit offensive weapon for the Ags. He could be the Ags' version of Travis Etienne at Clemson. Vernon Jackson is starting to do some nice things as a bigger option, as well.

Quote:

Who is freshman surprise running back this season?

See above.

Quote:

Any context for us in regards to the Big Brother live feed shout out?

Not much since Haleigh is 'sequestered' while on the show or whatever. She's a friend of mine I met through some mutual connections. I'm really proud of her for stepping out there and going for it with the show and living in LA, etc. I think it was something about the Alabama/A&M game since apparently that dude she was talking to went to school there. The whole thing was pretty funny when I saw it on twitter.

Quote:

Had there been communication between a&m and Garrett Wilson? If so how often? Did the communication die out?

I'll just say this: I've heard he reached out, but I wouldn't spend too much time thinking about Wilson-to-A&M unless Urban Meyer loses his job. He's not going to Texas because Herman burned that bridge to ashes, so if he were looking for a new home in state, it would be with the Ags. If you're asking me if I think it comes to that, my answer is no.

Quote:

What kind of fluctuations do you expect with our commitments' ratings as they matriculate the season? Meaning, how many will move up in ratings (stars) or inconceivably drop. Could we be looking at a top 3 class moving some up?

Too tough to say but I predict Zach Calzada will make a strong move up, as will Kameron Brown and Dylan Wright and possibly Demani Richardson or Isaiah Spiller. A couple of uncommitted guys who will make a move are David Ugwoegbuand Jalen Wydermyer.

Quote:

I haven't followed 2020 recruiting all that closely so just how good is Zach Evans?

Unequivocally, the best this state has produced since Adrian Peterson.

Quote:

Does Coach Graham's history with putting RB's in the NFL play a big factor?

Absolutely. He's done an exceptional job in building a relationship with Evans so far, just as he did with Isaiah Spiller. If you really look at what he's been able to do in a very short period of time at the position, it's pretty remarkable.

Quote:

Who are the no doubt redshirts from 2018 class?

Tough one but I'll say James Foster, at least three of the four OL and maybe Montel Parker on offense. On D, maybe one of the still-raw DEs and that really could be it. Not many.

Quote:

Will the offense across the board be better in 2018? OL, QB, WR, RB

OL - Yes, QB - Yes, WR - Not yet, RB - TBD (Keith Ford made for a really nice 1-2 punch with Williams but the scheme will be so much more conducive to the backs having success. Probably better depth but not as strong of a 1-2 punch at the top)

Quote:

Why was there a Hell in "All Dogs Go to Heaven?" I mean if ALL dogs go to Heaven what's the point?

Great question. I haven't watched the movie so didn't even know a dog hell existed in it. I can't watch dog movies. They're always way too sad for me.

Quote:

Reading, watching and listening to all the camp coverage leads me to believe we are going to be better than the SEC prognosticators say we are. Is that just the nature of camp coverage (positive coverage) or are they a 7-8 win team? What's the story and who was the first girl you kissed?

I think a lot of it is the nature of camp coverage. They look about what I expected. I'm still torn between 7 and 8 with an "if they're healthy, they're good enough to beat most of the teams on the schedule (about 10 of them, anyway) if you were to isolate any single game" caveat. But probably a year away from breaking through. There will be some ups and downs this year, and I'll stick in the 7-8 range when I make my prediction a week from now.

First kiss? Wow, that's the most wheels off question I've had in a while. I think it was a girl Andrea (last name redacted so you goons don't go searching for her) in sixth grade. A year older, a cheerleader and had a twin sister. I thought I was REALLLLLY cool for a few weeks there before I got dumped.

Quote:

With so many guys interested and spots in high demand will we see a decrease in our guys taking late officials and wavering?

Yes. I don't think we'll see a lot of it but there will inevitably be a little of that. You know it's coming but the Fisher and the Aggies showed they can handle that last year with O'Neal and Brown. Hell, even Texas showed it with Coburn and Ingram. Plus, I believe the overwhelming majority of the commits will sign in December, which should really help matters.

Quote:

Who would you rather play for: Tom Herman, DJ Durkin, or Urban Meyer?

Meyer. He's not a very pleasant person but that's not even a legitimate question.

Quote:

Has Mack finally turned the corner?

I really believe he has. He's built a TREMENDOUS relationship with Elijah Robinson, and the assistant coach has broken through with him like neither of the two before him were able to. He's also a much better fit in the new scheme, one that will let him do some of the things he was able to do as a true freshman (shooting gaps, etc) before Chavis changed some things up. Daylon is in the best shape of his career, he's confident, happy and motivated. He has the confidence of the coaching staff, as well. I'm excited to see what he can do.

Quote:

Would you ever go on Big Brother? Someone has to keep the A&M-BB pipeline going, right?

Haha, no, I don't think I'd ever do a reality show that required me to live somewhere else and that would be overly invasive into my day-to-day life.

Quote:

What's your favorite movie, tv show, book, and band of all time? Thanks for your time Looch!

Okay, really quick: Movie - I'll have to think on that one because it doesn't just jump out...I kind of have one for each genre I think, TV Show - Sopranos, GOT or Seinfeld, Band - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Quote:

Are Aggie fans overly cautious this year about perceived team success or too optimistic and why?

I think most are being overly cautious. I don't sense too many who are overly optimistic. Realistic for this year and as hopeful as they've ever been in 2019 and beyond is how I'd describe most I interact with on the boards and in person.

Quote:

What unit will be deemed the surprise unit (positively) at the end of the year?

There's a chance it could end up being the offensive line but I'm still in 'believe it when I see it' mode. There's some optimism there with me as fall camp grinds on but I still have to see where the unit is by the end of September before 'buying.' For me, it might be running back. We all know what Williams has at the top but I think he'll be even better than expected (a breakout SEC star, IMO) and the guys behind him are going really surprise.

Quote:

The biggest complaint I've read from FSU fans (before they got salty over Jimbo leaving) was that they felt sometimes his offense was so complicated it was difficult for the team to execute without experienced playmakers. What do you think Jimbo will do differently given the youth on our roster?

Good question because it isn't an elementary offense (even though I was forced to tune out the bitter lot from Tallahassee long ago...they're in one hell of a state of denial over there and are literally pretending that they believe Willie T is an actual upgrade). He'll have those experienced playmakers soon enough, but I'd imagine that this fall the unit will fight through some growing pains. He'll try to lean on Williams, Ausbon and the tight ends if I had to guess, but the biggest factor is getting his QB up to speed as quickly as possible. The offense will only go as far as the guy under center and the ground game will take it.

Quote:

Do you know if Jimbo uses a test to determine a QBs ability to perform at a higher level? Something like the Wonderlic used in the NFL. If he doesn't, can you elaborate on why not?

Not sure that he uses anything like that and not sure how in the world you'd expect me to have so perfectly coincidentally and randomly asked him about that very specific teaching method so that I'd e able to 'elaborate on why not' for you!!! Jokes aside, I think his test is coaching the absolute you-know-what out of his guys at the position and testing their focus, want-to and mental/physical toughness every day in practice and meetings to see which of his guys rise to the top. He'll do that now during a QB competition just like he was doing it to his Heisman Trophy winning QB as a sophomore or his other first-round pupils even after they were experienced, proven veterans (and stars) in his system.

Quote:

How much more are we going to run the ball this year? It seems like our OLine will force a lot of running.

See above. But definitely a STRONG emphasis on the running game in year one under Fisher. Don't get it twisted, however, the Ags are going to throw the football and do some really nice things vertically. This isn't going to be Wisconsin or Alabama ground-and-pound or anything like that. Go look at the FSU offenses, even when they were young at QB.

Quote:

Game one starters along the OL?

I'll go with Green and Moore at tackle, Hocker and Sutherland at guard and McCoy at center (for game one).

Holy shit! Billy didn't leave a drop to go in the jizz jar. What an irrational screed.

nomsnoms_zpsb93e3358.gif

• Like 1

aggy demonstrated that given a little late game adversity they will crumble.  See UCLA and Wake Forest.  If these Rumlin recruited starters are not fully bought in and see that Jimbaggy's old style offense is not working, they will quit on him.  I think it happens about halftime of the Clemson game and it is all downhill for the rest of the season.  He is already bitching about effort and intensity with about 10 days before their first game.   Once they realize he is a fraud, no amount of yelling or vomit eating will suffice.  He will have to run off about 20 players in the spring.  

1 hour ago, SizzleChest said:

Liucci is at the top of his game.  I didn't think he could improve on his say nothing, deflect everything, wait and see bullshit that those buttholes lap up from the pre-SEC / Manziel days, but I think he has.

the "who would jimbo start" that he leads with is straight up pulp paperback masturbation material.  for the kiddos who don't remember books, here's a sampling of possible covers looch could select from.

https://flashbak.com/sleazy-reads-25-vintage-paperbacks-of-ill-repute-26459/

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Holy shit. I’ve never seen Lucci this confident EVER. This is the highest the roller coaster has ever gotten. 

He predicts Ags get Evans already

and Herman fired in 2 years

I believe the expression would be:  He's gone Full Lucci!   Can't wait for the excuses to start trickling in when his prognostications crash and burn.

1 hour ago, SizzleChest said:

Liucci is at the top of his game.  I didn't think he could improve on his say nothing, deflect everything, wait and see bullshit that those buttholes lap up from the pre-SEC / Manziel days, but I think he has.

His best from this summer has been the reversible negative double-stripline hypothetical with plausible deniability.....  "I'm not sure that X (may have been / wasn't) recruited by Y".   The structure and rules of English Grammar are no longer required to gain admittance to indoctrination station, so looch targets his audience accordingly.

I dont know what it is but reading about aggy is so addictive. It’s like a daily drug I need. It’s a fascinating novel describing one big car crash and I can’t stop reading about it. Im about a 1/2 day’s work behind at the moment but Liucci’s q&a is infinitely more entertaining to read. I find myself simultaneously cringing and laughing. Someone comes in and asks if I “have that report finished yet?” and in my mind I respond “not yet, I’m reading about the A&M OL, it will be a while longer”.

Edited by RadiologyHorn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Holy shit.  Even for Luicci, that is incredible soft-porn fan fiction

Exactly.  By the 3rd stanza my very first thought was "aggy/penthouse forum letters".

I wonder if looch takes a double viagra and softly strokes his bursting member while he writes that stuff.

damn, i bet he's reading this and furiously stroking right now.

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Ha their presumed All American TE Sternberger is splitting first team reps with a former LB? Wtf? I’m guessing true freshman Sternberge can’t block for shit 

He's really a WR (flex TE). Go watch him in the spring game. He was blown up at the line of scrimmage multiple times by walk-on LBers. Asking Sternberger to block is like asking Garrett Gray to block. 

But this is why he initially signed with Kansas and was a low 3 star coming out of JUCO. He's too slow to be a WR and too soft/small to be a traditional TE. 

Edited by texasstrong12

38 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

aggy demonstrated that given a little late game adversity they will crumble.  See UCLA and Wake Forest.  If these Rumlin recruited starters are not fully bought in and see that Jimbaggy's old style offense is not working, they will quit on him.  I think it happens about halftime of the Clemson game and it is all downhill for the rest of the season.  He is already bitching about effort and intensity with about 10 days before their first game.   Once they realize he is a fraud, no amount of yelling or vomit eating will suffice.  He will have to run off about 20 players in the spring.  

unpossible.  ditching 10 and trapdooring another 10 will crater them for a minimum of 3 years.  they will get a 9-4 bump in year 4 but instead of playing Baylor for the league they will be playing tigger for 3rd in the west.  natty target date moves out to 2024.

19 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

He's really a WR (flex TE). Go watch him in the spring game. He was blown up at the line of scrimmage multiple times by walk-on LBers. Asking Sternberger to block is like asking Garrett Gray to block. 

But this is why he initially signed with Kansas and was a low 3 star coming out of JUCO. He's too slow to be a WR and too soft/small to be a traditional TE. 

But he was the spring game MVP!  And made aggy Safeties look silly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, golfclap said:

Safety Larry Pryor was apparently back out there as well but he has a long way to go. We’ll have more tomorrow but he’s probably fallen behind freshmen Leon O’Neal and Jordan Moore.

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Bolt/Texas-AM-looking-for-takeover-of-East-Texas-35600535

If you would have told me that entire East Texas group ended up being flops except McCoy I would have said you were crazy. 

A&M's '15 class ended up being a total bust. Their top 15 signees (Mack, Kirk, Murray, Dunning, Lockhart, Pryor, Lanfear, Elam, Sutherland, Davis, Ebert, Siverand, Bradford, Bussey and Moore). 

Actually incredible the amount of misses for the #11 recruiting class. Kirk is the only player out of that group that's amounted to anything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Holy shit. I’ve never seen Lucci this confident EVER. This is the highest the roller coaster has ever gotten. 

He predicts Ags get Evans already

and Herman fired in 2 years

That was a lot of nonsense to get through, but did he actually say Texas had a soft schedule??? 

My favorite parts of Looch’s Texas rants are the ways in which he tries to act like he is plugged in to what happens inside Moncrief and at the donor level. His sycophants lap it up, and believe every word of his fan fiction. All it takes is a “Jimbo’s kicking Herman’s teeth in” to get them whipped into a frenzy. 

27 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

That was a lot of nonsense to get through, but did he actually say Texas had a soft schedule??? 

He did. And he acts as if trading a&m (who won the Big 12 once 20 years ago, and last won a national championship 80 years ago) and Missouri (who never won the Big 12 and has never won a national championship) for TCU (who won the MWC the last 3 years they were in it, won the Rose Bowl, and tied for the Big 12 championship in 2014) and West Virginia (who won the Big East the last 2 years they were in it) is a big loss for the Big 12. He's a fucktard.

26 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Fucking Looch. 

Yep. My favorite take from Looch was this shocker:

I'm going to go out on a real limb here and predict Texas A&M. How and why will the Aggies snap the North Shore drought? Because I get the feeling that this is something that Jimbo Fisher will make a personal crusade.