2021 CFB Polls/Rankings

LTtxfan

I think there’s a good shot Cincy gets through, there’s been a lot of pressure to let a G5 in and each team outside of UGA in the top ten has shown some real flaws, although Ohio State is really coming on strong. Cincy needs SMU to stay ranked and then to beat them…ideally in a game that’s close through say, three quarters.

The interesting scenario is what happens if Bama beats UGA in the SEC CG. I don’t think the committee wants to risk another rematch year, I think if OU and Cincy are undefeated then they get in along with Ohio State. 

aggy back at #14. Lol.  

I watched most of the Bama/Tennessee game and if Tennessee had not shot themselves in the foot, they had a chance to keep it close or even beat Bama on their home turf none the less.  Would have made the aggy win over Bama less impressive.   

Edited by Nueces River Rat

3 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

aggy back at #14. Lol.  

I watched most of the Bama/Tennessee game and if Tennessee had not shot themselves in the foot, they had a chance to keep it close or even beat Bama on their home turf none the less.  Would have made the aggy win over Bama less impressive.   

Bama did NOT look impressive.  Of course OU didn't either.  Or Cincinnati.  Ohio St. did well against bye.

If you really are a fan of chaos.  Cincy wins out.  Alabama wins out and nips previously undefeated Georgia by 3 points or less in the SEC Championship game, OU drops a game but rolls to another Big 12 championship (puke), Notre Dame wins out (easily possible) Ohio State wins out and takes B1G title and Oregon wins out and takes Pac 12 title.  

Edited by Surly Bevo

10 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

If you really are a fan of chaos.  Cincy wins out.  Alabama wins out and nips previously undefeated Georgia by 3 points or less in the SEC Championship game, OU drops a game but rolls to another Big 12 championship (puke), Notre Dame wins out (easily possible) Ohio State wins out and takes B1G title and Oregon wins out and takes Pac 12 title.  

giphy.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Jeez, Cincy vs. tOSU shouldn't even be a debate. The Notre Dame win was nice but the next remotely decent win is against an SMU team that everyone knows just lost their HC to TCU. For a G5 program to even be in the conversation they should be blowing out their conference.  And beyond that Notre Dame win, their NC slate includes a 5th in conference Ohio Valley FCS school, perpetual B1G bottom feeder Indiana, and an OK MACtion team. I don't love that SEC teams schedule an FCS breather, but if you're G5 wanting to bust through into the playoff you better at least have an all FBS slate. 

I think that Alabama is going to lose to Georgia in the SECG (I am gonna go against the grain and say they won't be blown out) and can completely see the final 4 end up being Cincy, Notre Dame, tOSU, and Georgia. Notre Dame and Cincy will be obliterated. Voters will learn their lesson on G5 teams but won't on Notre Dame. 

15 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Jeez, Cincy vs. tOSU shouldn't even be a debate. The Notre Dame win was nice but the next remotely decent win is against an SMU team that everyone knows just lost their HC to TCU. For a G5 program to even be in the conversation they should be blowing out their conference.  And beyond that Notre Dame win, their NC slate includes a 5th in conference Ohio Valley FCS school, perpetual B1G bottom feeder Indiana, and an OK MACtion team. I don't love that SEC teams schedule an FCS breather, but if you're G5 wanting to bust through into the playoff you better at least have an all FBS slate. 

I think that Alabama is going to lose to Georgia in the SECG (I am gonna go against the grain and say they won't be blown out) and can completely see the final 4 end up being Cincy, Notre Dame, tOSU, and Georgia. Notre Dame and Cincy will be obliterated. Voters will learn their lesson on G5 teams but won't on Notre Dame. 

Assuming Georgia and tOSU win out and everything else goes as it should, the only other possible teams left are OU or Okie Light. And neither one of them is jumping Cinci or ND if they all win out. So, kind of a no-brainer solid prediction here for your final 4. I also don't think it'll matter who's in the 3 and 4 spot...they'll be obliterated.

6 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Assuming Georgia and tOSU win out and everything else goes as it should, the only other possible teams left are OU or Okie Light. And neither one of them is jumping Cinci or ND if they all win out. So, kind of a no-brainer solid prediction here for your final 4. I also don't think it'll matter who's in the 3 and 4 spot...they'll be obliterated.

I'd put a one loss OSU over Cincy, and would think hard about a one loss OU. Hell, I'd put a two loss Alabama ahead of Cincy to be honest. The voters won't but I would. Alabama would mop the floor with Cincy.  

4 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

sadly if Cincinatti loses to Houston, the door is open for Notre Dame, unless OKState wins Bedlam and then has to beat OU again in the CCG.  Ohio State is going to massacre Michigan.  Spot #4 is Cincinatti, ND, OKState/OU.. right? 

Im going to the tOSU Michigan game. I don't think they blow them out. I think Michigan wins. 

On 11/22/2021 at 8:10 AM, JMFP said:

I think if OSU wins bedlam then its OSU/Baylor in the CCG?

Yes, as long as Baylor beats Tech. We have a chance to beat top 10 ou then top 10 Baylor. I think we’d jump nd and Cincy. It’s an unlikely outcome, just speculating because it’s fun.

• Like 1