2021 CFB Polls/Rankings

LTtxfan

4 hours ago, Gaffords said:

If Texas won out, but slowly climbed the ranking to finally make into the top 8 late in the year, they won't jump someone like ND, tOSU,or UG with the same record, even if one of them have a lucky survival game. Texas needs to be close to the top 10 like asap to be in position to jump teams if they struggle.

You can scratch us off that list.  ND is 100% in the playoff at 12-0 and 98% out at 11-1.  The only good team remaining on our schedule is Cincinnati. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Ulatoski got called for the only hold, which was modest if anything. It took away a first down or very near. Pick 6 next play.

Now versus OU, Tres Way flopped twice. Both bogus. Gave them the ball back. Equivalent to two turnovers. Yes, we got two cheap late hits on Colt, but one resulted in a 1st down before the penalty. The other gave us a first down, but it was not 4th down anyway so we had another play. And I think one of those drives ended in a field goal after the “almost” OU INT. But that dude blatantly held the TE so it should have been 1st instead of 4th anyway. Not to mention the bs OU holding.

So here’s another question. How much would it have taken for us to get the nod over OU? Did we need to win by 17? 24? There is a number there that would have made a difference.

your memory is better than mine, was that the game where fuck Austin English pretended to not hear the whistle and got a free hit against Colt?  And the refs accepted that excuse?

11 hours ago, Yesh said:

FEI has us at #4

Our offense is 4th in the country too, even though we were abysmal against Arkansas. Tech and Rice’s defenses are 85th and 106th, so our production is being discounted due to weak opponents, which just goes to show how unbelievably good our offense has been the last two games. We’ve rushed for over 760 yards in two games. I certainly didn’t expect to see that this year. 

This 3 game stretch of TCU, OU, and Ok State will tell us a lot about how whether our offense really is elite or if we’re just very good at beating up on shitty competition.
A lot will depend on whether our OL can be just good enough against much better competition to let Thompson and our skill players do their thing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Ulatoski got called for the only hold, which was modest if anything. It took away a first down or very near. Pick 6 next play.

Now versus OU, Tres Way flopped twice. Both bogus. Gave them the ball back. Equivalent to two turnovers. Yes, we got two cheap late hits on Colt, but one resulted in a 1st down before the penalty. The other gave us a first down, but it was not 4th down anyway so we had another play. And I think one of those drives ended in a field goal after the “almost” OU INT. But that dude blatantly held the TE so it should have been 1st instead of 4th anyway. Not to mention the bs OU holding.

So here’s another question. How much would it have taken for us to get the nod over OU? Did we need to win by 17? 24? There is a number there that would have made a difference.

It sounds like you Had Enough. 

8 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Some pollsters are releasing their ballots this morning.  I think we will be ranked, but it won’t be as high as some on this site want it to be. 

Probably looking at the 18-25 range

Bohls has us 21

Brett McMurphy has us at 22

Meh. That's about right. Would be nice to crack the teens for match up optics this week, but whatever.

9 top 25 teams lost which feels like a lot more than normal, but all of them were top 20 which does not give us at 26 a lot of room to move up.  I'd guess we'll be 23.  It does not help that Arkansas was revealed to be a fraud who might only get one more SEC West win this year.

23 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Who do we jump? Aggy, Fresno, UCLA, and Baylor for sure. Kentucky is undefeated and will probably jump us. I'll guess #22.

I hope that the pollsters can find a way to keep 3-2 aggy at 25 so they can be ranked for their dismantling on Saturday. 

sad that we won’t even get any chest beating about best 3-3 team in the country and would beat half the top 25. They’ll be despondent. 

38 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

If we beat TCU running away we might be higher, but that score against a team that just lost to smu isn't going to move you up much.

Ranking this week means nothing. Beat ou and deservedly bump up, or lose and deservedly drop out. This week is what matters.

SMU will probably be ranked too. Or very close. 

You're right that it hurts our win - but it isn't a terrible loss for TCU. 

Edited by ztejas

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Some pollsters are releasing their ballots this morning.  I think we will be ranked, but it won’t be as high as some on this site want it to be. 

Probably looking at the 18-25 range

Bohls has us 21

Brett McMurphy has us at 22

Agreed, we will be 22-23

UK going to jump us, 3 teams for sure drop out, depends if they drop aggy too

BamA, UGA, Iowa, Pedo, Cincy, OU, fOSU, BYU, Meatchicken, Coastal/Mich St.  I think that’s the top 10, I can see Cincy jumping OU for now and despite Coastal blasting a shitty Monroe team 59-6I think voters might jump Michigan St into top 10

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

If we beat TCU running away we might be higher, but that score against a team that just lost to smu isn't going to move you up much.

Ranking this week means nothing. Beat ou and deservedly bump up, or lose and deservedly drop out. This week is what matters.

I think the biggest effect on our ranking is the big Arkansas loss.  Too bad.  Wanted Ark to somehow run the table.

7 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Disagree. I think the Domer win legitimizes the Bearcats as playoff worthy in the minds of most voters. 

It's all eyewash until 11/2 anyway.

A lot will depend on how it goes from here on out for Domer.  They got taken to OT by a horrific FSU team, barely beat Toledo, beat Purdue (meh) and struggled with the worst Wisconsin team in two decades for 3 quarters before Wisconsin decided to give up a kick return and two pick 6s in the 4Q.  The ACC is ass my dude but the Orange slices could beat them and never discount a very wounded USC from fucking around and winning.  Plus like 5 teams have byes before they play Notre Dame.  

Not to mention these teams like Cincy always seem to fuck up somewhere along the way and now they will most certainly have a target on their back each week and they are not a program used to being the hunted.  

Edited by Surly Bevo

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I'm not even sure how much beating OU moves the needle with the ways they've found to struggle in their wins. Outside of 'Bama an Dawg it's a very muddy picture for the field. 

2 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I'm not even sure how much beating OU moves the needle with the ways they've found to struggle in their wins. Outside of 'Bama an Dawg it's a very muddy picture for the field. 

And here’s my point about not being ranked last week and ranked very low this weekend sucking...

when we beat OU we probably end up ranked very close to them- maybe even below them... and if you look at the body of evidence between the two teams this year there is nothing that should tell you they should be ranked anywhere near us. 

8 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

A lot will depend on how it goes from here on out for Domer.  They got taken to OT by a horrific FSU team, barely beat Toledo, beat Purdue (meh) and struggled with the worst Wisconsin team in two decades for 3 quarters before Wisconsin decided to give up a kick return and two pick 6s in the 4Q.  The ACC is ass my dude but the Orange slices could beat them and never discount a very wounded USC from fucking around and winning.  Plus like 5 teams have byes before they play Notre Dame.  

Not to mention these teams like Cincy always seem to fuck up somewhere along the way and now they will most certainly have a target on their back each week and they are not a program used to being the hunted.  

True, but it is a win against a Top 10 P5 program on the road.

Cincy should run the table and will be heavily favored in all of their remaining games. In the AAC, they've had a target on their back for a few years now and have dominated. They have a well regarded Coach that has made the program a consistent winner. They lost by a field goal to potential playoff participant Georgia in the 2020 Peach Bowl, their only loss on the year. If they do make it to the end unscathed, they will have the best argument for a G5 team since the onset of the playoff era. And they still won't get in unless there is total chaos in the P5. Expanded playoffs or same old same old.

I think the biggest effect on our ranking is the big Arkansas loss.  Too bad.  Wanted Ark to somehow run the table.

Arkansas will be fortunate to get past 7-5. Ultimately it won’t matter too much because Texas isn’t going to be in playoff contention but that’s only going to look worse over the course of the year.

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Arkansas will be fortunate to get past 7-5. Ultimately it won’t matter too much because Texas isn’t going to be in playoff contention but that’s only going to look worse over the course of the year.

If we win out it will be chalked up to new regime, game 2 and wrong QB. I think. Especially if we score a lot. 

1    Alabama
2    Georgia
3    Iowa
4    Penn State
5    Oklahoma
6    Cincinnati
7    Ohio State
8    Michigan
9    Oregon
10    BYU
11    Michigan State
12    Oklahoma State
13    Notre Dame
14    Kentucky
15    Coastal Carolina
16    Arkansas
17    Ole Miss
18    Florida
19    Auburn
20    Wake Forest
21    Clemson
22    NC State
23    Texas
24    SMU
25    Arizona State

Edited by HtownHorn

Just now, gmr548 said:

lol

I’m not saying we will. I’m not saying we are great or even good. I’m saying OU isn’t all that good and every other team is a steam pile of mediocrity on our schedule. 
we could go 11-1 and not be very good this year. 
I think we split with the Oklahoma schools and end up 10-2. 

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

1    Alabama
2    Georgia
3    Iowa
4    Penn State
5    Oklahoma
6    Cincinnati
7    Ohio State
8    Michigan
9    Oregon
10    BYU
11    Michigan State
12    Oklahoma State
13    Notre Dame
14    Kentucky
15    Coastal Carolina
16    Arkansas
17    Ole Miss
18    Florida
19    Auburn
20    Wake Forest
21    Clemson
22    NC State
23    Texas
24    SMU
25    Arizona State

This is coaches, if anyone was wondering.

20211003_121615.thumb.jpg.ba59825b798754c67782026266ecad7a.jpg

fans GIF

Surprised they didn't sneak LSU in. 

Also aggy is 26th lol.

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 1