Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Sark is great, but this team only knows how to turtle and start shitty undeserving white guys who I’m sure were great teammates in HS and leaders in the locker room.

I honestly was wondering how the football board could be a bigger dumpster fire… then cloakroom comes in off the top rope.  Wow.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I honestly was wondering how the football board could be a bigger dumpster fire… then cloakroom comes in off the top rope.  Wow.  

Trashing CR on the football board, can’t wait for all your pos rep you’ll get for that you pussy

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Sark has no clue about the defense

What exactly does he have a clue about? “His side” of the ball (as though he is not responsible for the ENTIRE TEAM) consistently shits the bed in the 2nd half, despite having a Heisman quality RB.

Keep something in mind; we won plenty of games off the moxie and gamer spirit of a QB who wasn't, let's say, mechanically sound and prototypical in terms of running a passing game.

Well what we have now is maybe a slightly better thrower with none of the moxie, leadership, or running instinct. Sark could be doing a better job and SHOULD be doing a better job (I think he would agree with both of those), but it's really hard to oversell just how much of a shitshow he inherited.

I never had an expectation that we were going 10-2 this year. I didn't see Card or Thompson and think, "Here we go baby! YEAH!"

I'm disappointed as hell in these last two games, but I see a lot to be optimistic about.

It sucks, but it wasn't ever going to not suck this year.

• Hook 'Em 2

Yea it’s absolutely the defense fault, and very much less the offense. 

for fucks sake man , its the head coaches fault. He is accountable and I dont give a fuck which side of the ball it is . Come on man 

I am hurting like the rest of us , but I am nervous that Sark is missing shit and stubborn 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

What exactly does he have a clue about? “His side” of the ball (as though he is not responsible for the ENTIRE TEAM) consistently shits the bed in the 2nd half, despite having a Heisman quality RB.

He tricked all of you dumb ducks into thinking Casey was competent after he cleared out his locker like a child after week 1 announcement

3 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

for fucks sake man , its the head coaches fault. He is accountable and I dont give a fuck which side of the ball it is . Come on man 

I am hurting like the rest of us , but I am nervous that Sark is missing shit and stubborn 

No it’s definitely defense and the quicker Pete Kwiritiriwieyatag runs some heaters on the stairs he’ll get better

1 minute ago, StassneyHorn said:

Yea ok jlaw

Are you dense? He is in charge of the program. If any aspect of it fails it’s on him. Now since he’s the boss he can fire staff and try to fix the problems but that doesn’t take the burden of performance off of him. Otherwise why not just throw any random yokel out there and only ever fire assistants

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Are you dense? He is in charge of the program. If any aspect of it fails it’s on him. Now since he’s the boss he can fire staff and try to fix the problems but that doesn’t take the burden of performance off of him. Otherwise why not just throw any random yokel out there and only ever fire assistants

No this is wrong

• Fuck You 1

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Maybe, yeah. Are you under the illusion that there are guys just watching on the couch who will come in halfway through the season and do a better job while maintaining/improving recruiting?

Or maybe Sark slowly grows into the job.

absolutely not . There are reasons why we fuck ourselves. Something is "off" with this team. I don't know , but right now we ride with Sark and hope. BUT hope is never a good plan. We have fundamental issues that aren't getting fixed and it seems like Sark thinks this year is a pass, fuck that 

No this is wrong

Ok so let’s just throw anyone in the job. Why do we even need a head coach who’s any good at football thinking. Let’s just hire a life coach to hype the team up and leave it all to the coordinators. Seriously if the head coach isn’t responsible then why does he even exist?

• Hook 'Em 1

I think offensively, Sark (and everyone from the Saban tree) falls into the Alabama mindset. Come out and fly high, scheme your ass off, get a good lead. Then, lean on your big studs up front to put the game away for you. 

We don’t have the damn studs up front. He can’t coach the normal way. It literally has to be all gas. 

Edited by Gucci_Suit
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?