Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Ok so let’s just throw anyone in the job. Why do we even need a head coach who’s any good at football thinking. Let’s just hire a life coach to hype the team up and leave it all to the coordinators. Seriously if the head coach isn’t responsible then why does he even exist?

According to this board that’s all what Mack Brown was and I’ll gladly take another NC and another NC appearance

Just now, chemHORN said:

So you are accepting it?  Exhibit number 1 with what's wrong.  

What does it mean to "accept" it? I have no power to accept or reject. I can only see what is in front of me that I watch either on TV/computer or in person.

It sucks. I hate it. I wish we were back in Mack's heyday with Vince doing Vince things.

If I POST REALLY MAD does that mean I'm pure?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

He needs to walk in the room on Monday and say Bijan is going to the NFL.  None of the rest of you fools are.  Go to class.  

Glad you’re not the coach. 

Our players should not be going to class at this point. 

Edited by Gucci_Suit
Class
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

What does it mean to "accept" it? I have no power to accept or reject. I can only see what is in front of me that I watch either on TV/computer or in person.

It sucks. I hate it. I wish we were back in Mack's heyday with Vince doing Vince things.

If I POST REALLY MAD does that mean I'm pure?

I guess you could realize coaching has screwed us in the last 2 games.  Along with the general team attitude that they don'f really care if we win because they are headed to the NFL (which outside of Bijan isn't happening for anyone else)    

2 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Glad you’re not the coach. 

Our players should not be going to class at this point. 

If I was the coach we definitely would not have run a play both the last 2 weeks when we coulda run out the 3rd quarter.  But you are glad I'm not the coach so you must enjoy losing. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

According to this board that’s all what Mack Brown was and I’ll gladly take another NC and another NC appearance

Except that’s not true. He wasn’t the x and o guru. He was a great recruiter, a pretty good game manager, made good adjustments in game pretty often and generally hired good assistants. Sark has not shown to be even a mediocre game manager and seems to have no ability to motivate, and doesn’t know what an adjustment is. The head coach is responsible for the teams performance in all aspects. He’s currently failing. I hope he figures it out and the talent improves but the evidence both here and at previous stops seems like we are in trouble.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

If I was the coach we definitely would not have run a play both the last 2 weeks when we coulda run out the 3rd quarter.  But you are glad I'm not the coach so you must enjoy losing. 

Can I be your D-coordinator? I stunt on hoes every play. But I’ll need Sundays & Wednesdays off. And I’ll have to leave early on Fridays. But I hate to lose, love to drink, and will yell at people whether I need to or not. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Sark will succeed at Texas. This team has a lot of turtle left in it, and it was addressed in the post game press conference if any of you regarded bastards were wondering. We won't be great until we have a great offensive line and that's not happening anytime soon. I get that some of you are pissed about the defense but if our offense continues to shit the bed in the third and fourth quarters opponents are going to start scoring. If you want to blame someone blame Mack, Chuck, and Tom for the last decade of O line recruiting and development. Oklahoma state scored 6 offensive points in the first half and only started scoring when our offense proceeded to go 3 and out 4 times in a row. The loss sucks and I'm mad but nobody is getting fired. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, PatSolitanojr said:

Sark will succeed at Texas. This team has a lot of turtle left in it, and it was addressed in the post game press conference if any of you regarded bastards were wondering. We won't be great until we have a great offensive line and that's not happening anytime soon. I get that some of you are pissed about the defense but if our offense continues to shit the bed in the third and fourth quarters opponents are going to start scoring. If you want to blame someone blame Mack, Chuck, and Tom for the last decade of O line recruiting and development. Oklahoma state scored 6 offensive points in the first half and only started scoring when our offense proceeded to go 3 and out 4 times in a row. The loss sucks and I'm mad but nobody is getting fired. 

I feel so much better. FFS

4 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

You can’t coach around an offensive line. It’s the one unit in football that has to be good point blank. This season is scraped and we need to hope they find players this offseason

Which is why I find the fact that he didn’t portal OL so disturbing. 

• Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Except that’s not true. He wasn’t the x and o guru. He was a great recruiter, a pretty good game manager, made good adjustments in game pretty often and generally hired good assistants. Sark has not shown to be even a mediocre game manager and seems to have no ability to motivate, and doesn’t know what an adjustment is. The head coach is responsible for the teams performance in all aspects. He’s currently failing. I hope he figures it out and the talent improves but the evidence both here and at previous stops seems like we are in trouble.

You’re wrong again, nice paragraph. Proved my point

9 minutes ago, PatSolitanojr said:

OU this can be true.  We have ungodly more talent than okie state.     Especially factoring in that half lead. 

21 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

I guess you could realize coaching has screwed us in the last 2 games. 

The coaching has not been good enough to win. 100% I realize that.

now what? What's the next step for me as a nobody on the Internet? Throw a fit?

Along with the general team attitude that they don'f really care if we win because they are headed to the NFL (which outside of Bijan isn't happening for anyone else)    

lol what? is that what's happening? evidence?

I hope he learned this one lesson.  You cannot go into a season with crap offensive linemen.  You sell your mother to human traffickers before you allow the off-season to pass without getting some hogs. And don’t give me that shit about the portal isn’t full of great linemen.  You can do better than what we got.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Who the fuck is voting no?

i'm a no

he's not proven to be a fraud..... yet

which means until he is proven to be fraudulent, he's not

/parcells

he's going to need time and we are going to have to accept that we are not going to win instantly

fuck, the gomers are in year 4 of boomhauer and they have 2 quality wins in 4 seasons, florida and satan

everyone just needs to chill out a little

this has been very easy to digest with the parcells mantra i went in to this season with

• Hook 'Em 7

3 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

It’s his first year. If he gets Archie and other weapons, then he may win a NC. Is he the type of coach that would win one without an amazingly talented QB? Maybe not. But I’m willing to see this through with him getting that talent in and see what happens

We don’t really have a choice. He will get 3 years no matter what our side of something crazy like he starts hitting the bottle again which could happen.

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The coaching has not been good enough to win. 100% I realize that.

now what? What's the next step for me as a nobody on the Internet? Throw a fit?

lol what? is that what's happening? evidence?

Did you watch the game today?  Or last week?  

4 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

he's going to need time and we are going to have to accept that we are not going to win instantly

And both OU and OSU, whether we like it or not, are playing like undefeated teams.

Yeah, maybe they went to sleep early on, but football is four fucking quarters, and they scored when they had to, while we didn't.

And hell, we didn't even know who our starting QB would be just a few months ago.

40 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I think offensively, Sark (and everyone from the Saban tree) falls into the Alabama mindset. Come out and fly high, scheme your ass off, get a good lead. Then, lean on your big studs up front to put the game away for you. 

We don’t have the damn studs up front. He can’t coach the normal way. It literally has to be all gas. 

I assumed that this type of thinking was what made Herman into Turtle Tom.  He was a bit more overt and asinine about it with the "impose our will."

But I also have this suspicion that Sarkisian schemes like a madman to overcome our deficiencies and has nothing left for the second half.  I suppose he could try scheming like a madman for the first quarter and leaving something for the third and hope that momentum and fresh legs carry us through the second.

It really seems like these coordinators that come from Top 5 programs have a really difficult time wrapping their head around how fucked is our roster.  That would seem to me, and probably all of us, to be immediately apparent, but maybe it's not until you get on the field in real competition.  I don't think Herman ever quite got it, or overestimated/misevaluated his own recruits.  I guess we'll see with Sarkisian.

In a way, it makes some sense.  They're expecting a step down in talent just because "not Bama," or "not tOSU."  So they see the dogshit and think, well, so this is the Big XII, eh, so be it.  Not realizing that it really is objectively shitty, even in comparison to the lowly Big XII.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xian said:

One freaking yard. 

coach is an offensive “wizard” and QB “guru”

does not compute 

We ran 8 plays in the 4th quarter. I imagine there were sacks or penalties involved there as well.

Edited by Atticus

11 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Blaming Mack and Charlie for Oline recruiting at this point is fucking retarded, and I will not stand by and let anyone’s retarded children be offended by that comment.

The point is that it doesn't make a difference who is blamed. We still have to wait and see with this staff but I get that it's very difficult for some people in these trying times. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?