welp, gonna be another garbage ass season

BigOrange1

8 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I’m sorry for thinking a program that has literally every advantage imaginable could put together a 10 win season or two. Let’s just keep expecting the 3rd most talented team in the country to limp to 7 wins every year

We’re on year 12 of this. Time for acceptance. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Beat OU and win the Big 12 and none of this matters other than wondering what could have been if we got our shit together quicker. Admittedly this looks closer to an 8-4 team than a 10-2 one but the season isn't over

Why would it be even that good? All you have to do is punch us in the face, and we get scared and conservative and vanilla. We are an extremely mediocre team and I think we are closer to .500 than 8-4. There doesn’t seem to be any fire or intensity to this bunch. And that starts with the staff. 

1 minute ago, El Squared said:

Why would it be even that good? All you have to do is punch us in the face, and we get scared and conservative and vanilla. We are an extremely mediocre team and I think we are closer to .500 than 8-4. There doesn’t seem to be any fire or intensity to this bunch. And that starts with the staff. 

Mehhh Big 12 looks pretty shitty. We’re not doing worse than 8-4.

7 minutes ago, El Squared said:

our fans are bigger pussies than the team

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Mehhh Big 12 looks pretty shitty. We’re not doing worse than 8-4.

We keep saying that, all week, for example, “look how shitty Arkansas is , ha-ha”.....but then , well , uh , uh.....oh but somehow the rest of the B12 is shitty. 

Well sir, we are shitty. And we need to STFU about how shitty everyone else is until we scoreboard some other teams. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

our fans are bigger pussies than the team

That’s true most places on most teams, but after 12 years of estrogen on the field, and on the staff, I can say with confidence you are completely mistaken. The scoreboard says so, despite our wallets, our TV contracts, and our lame commercials. Our teams have been quite vaginal with rare testosterone bursts. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, El Squared said:

We keep saying that, all week, for example, “look how shitty Arkansas is , ha-ha”.....but then , well , uh , uh.....oh but somehow the rest of the B12 is shitty. 

Well sir, we are shitty. And we need to STFU about how shitty everyone else is until we scoreboard some other teams. 

And we will. 

3 minutes ago, El Squared said:

So what makes us more shitty than the other shits? Okie Lite just beat Tulsa by 5, Baylor struggled with TxSt. We could end up 6-6 but saying we’re more likely to finish there is silly imo

3 minutes ago, El Squared said:

That’s true most places on most teams, but after 12 years of estrogen on the field, and on the staff, I can say with confidence you are completely mistaken. The scoreboard says so, despite our wallets, our TV contracts, and our lame commercials. Our teams have been quite vaginal with rare testosterone bursts. 

Texas has had longer stretches of meh.

41 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Beat OU and win the Big 12 and none of this matters other than wondering what could have been if we got our shit together quicker. Admittedly this looks closer to an 8-4 team than a 10-2 one but the season isn't over

image.gif

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Your Mom said:

People who claim what record we could have had are also part of the problem.  We went 7-3 period.

he would have been 9-3 if the 2 gimmies didn't get cancelled.  I expect Sark to win 9 and if not, we are in big trouble.

Tom Herman was the bare minimum I expect of a Texas head coach.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

We should have been good.  Tom Herman went 7-3 and should have been 9-1 last year.   Getting a worse coach than Tom Herman shouldn’t have really been the most likely outcome, yet here we are.

Said it before but if herm weren’t an asshole he’d still be here. 7-3 brand new staff in a covid year?  Probably would’ve won the tcu game 99% of the time And took out to twelve overtones.  Won his last two games by 20+

50 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Beat OU and win the Big 12 

This is just foolish.

Yes, the season isn't over, but this doesn't look good.  Some of the things that were predicted (bad WR, frosh QB) are coming home to roost, and some things that weren't really predicted are blowing up in our faces.

The most striking thing was what a completely shit gameplan on both sides of the ball and abysmal playcalling.

• Hook 'Em 2

on the playcalling, Pittman has had 2 years of seeing sark playcalling up close and personal.  I wonder if we were tipping our running plays to some extent.

Sark calling the same plays for 3 stars is way different than calling plays for 5 stars.  that's why you need thompson to make chicken salad out of chicken shit, every once in a while.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

on the playcalling, Pittman has had 2 years of seeing sark playcalling up close and personal.  I wonder if we were tipping our running plays to some extent.

Sark calling the same plays for 3 stars is way different than calling plays for 5 stars.  that's why you need thompson to make chicken salad out of chicken shit, every once in a while.

They showed a graphic of odom vs sark last year.  Odom with mizzou talent shit down sark with bama talent. 

Just now, David Dennison said:

Of course they do. It happens.

We came out completely flat and completely unprepared for a rivalry game on the road that we were favored to win. A great coaching staff doesn't let that happen.  Sure, you could probably find some examples to prove me wrong, but these kinda shitty losses are usually reserved for mediocre/bad coaches.

I haven't given up on Sark, but yeah, the honeymoon is over for me. Not gonna get my hopes up until we see real results. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

We came out completely flat and completely unprepared for a rivalry game on the road that we were favored to win. A great coaching staff doesn't let that happen.  Sure, you could probably find some examples to prove me wrong, but these kinda shitty losses are usually reserved for mediocre/bad coaches.

I haven't given up on Sark, but yeah, the honeymoon is over for me. Not gonna get my hopes up until we see real results. 

That's just not true.

10 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This loss was a warning shot. One or two more like this will be the writing on he wall for Sark.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m not shocked we lost. I thought it would be close and we’d struggle passing a bit.

We were fucking lost out there for almost the entire game. We couldn’t match the intensity, we didn’t respond to adversity…we fucking rolled over and gave up. It’s a big red flag. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That's just not true.

Ok, man. 

Sark knows the sense of urgency this program is facing. He was handed of the best gigs in the country and a blank check for hiring his coaching staff.

Rivalry game, we were favored, SEC opponent after announcing our move to the SEC and...we completely shit the bed on national television. A close loss is tolerable. An ass whipping like that is not. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

I don't know what would possess someone to think that the answer to our problems is to go out and find a fifth head coach's career to fuck up. Texas just isn't the type of program that can go plug in a new coach and have them win instantly. 

Not defending Sark, because he absolutely shit the bed. But at this point whatever's wrong with the program is probably deeper.

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Ok, man. 

Sark knows the sense of urgency this program is facing. He was handed of the best gigs in the country and a blank check for hiring his coaching staff.

Rivalry game, we were favored, SEC opponent after announcing our move to the SEC and...we completely shit the bed on national television. A close loss is tolerable. An ass whipping like that is not. 

They might be intolerable, but if you're a Texas fan, you know we have a history.

1 minute ago, touchthemonolith said:

I don't know what would possess someone to think that the answer to our problems is to go out and find a fifth head coach's career to fuck up. Texas just isn't the type of program that can go plug in a new coach and have them win instantly. 

Not defending Sark, because he absolutely shit the bed. But at this point whatever's wrong with the program is probably deeper.

It is deeper. And it will not go away anytime soon. Might as well stick with a good recruiter and hope we luck into VY level talent every once in a while.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Ok, man. 

Sark didn't think it was a rivalry.

I hate to interrupt the pity party but it’s clear our offensive line talent was already horrible so was that going to change year one just because Sark is now the coach?  Granted I agree that when you have a shit oline you probably need to start the more agile mobile QB so that is on Sark but I’m still skeptical UT wins that game even with Casey starting.  Everything and I mean everything that could have gone wrong tonight went wrong starting with the out of bounds fumble recovery at the beginning of the game.  That significantly shifted the game dynamics.   Most importantly we won’t face another DC as good as Odom the rest of this year.  

Edited by stork642

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Between the shit that is Texas Football, the new Collegiate Football League, with teams licensed by your alma mater! and the move to the SEC, I think my days of giving a fuck about college football are numbered, like in the triple digits or fewer.

We're going to be on the outside looking in, but we'll make a shit ton of money!

Haven't missed the Cowboys for 30 years, probably won't miss the Longhorns.

Yeah my heart is with the UT baseball program. Success in football and basketball are just the cherry on top 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, RC Horn said:

Season is not lost. We have a 1st year coach with a new system. There is still a potential for a very good season. A couple of DKR quotes comet to mine:

"We live here one day at a time and scratch where it itches"

"Potential means you aint done it yet"

This is technically true. We could run the table and would be a playoff team. Will this team actually do that? I very much doubt that but I would love to be proven wrong

1 minute ago, Fondren & Main said:

Mack didn’t seem to get it when it came to OU at first either.  You’d think Sarkisian would get it though after being at both USC and Bama.

well at Bama it didn't make a shit how much teams got up for them but USC/Notre dame should have taught him something. He had no idea what was coming vs Arky though.