welp, gonna be another garbage ass season

BigOrange1

The most disappointing part is Arkansas is a bad to at best slightly below average team. That our defensive line that's full of highly touted players couldn't dominate them is inexcusable. 

Our offensive line we know sucks. Anyone who wasn't listening to stupid Nahlin/Bobby Burton bullshit knew the offensive line would suck this year again. That isn't a surprise. The defensive line sucking is such a gut punch. 

Edited by Hermanator

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

The most disappointing part is Arkansas is a bad to at best slightly below average team. That our defensive line that's full of highly touted players couldn't dominate them is inexcusable. 

Our offensive line we know sucks. Anyone who wasn't listening to stupid Nahlin/Bobby Burton bullshit knew the offensive line would suck this year again. That isn't a surprise. The defensive line sucking is such a gut punch. 

You might be right, but we don't know that yet.

6 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

This loss was a warning shot. One or two more like this will be the writing on he wall for Sark.

Yeah, it's entirely possible that he recovers from this.

But, for our last two coaches, the early bad losses bore an eerie resemblance to the later bad losses.

12 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

People who have lowered expectations are also part of the problem.  Texas shouldn’t be a mediocre program.   Coaches that produce that mediocrity should be run out of town on a rail ASAP instead of people reacting with, “Well, what do you expect?  That’s the new normal.” 

Fair enough.  I do have higher expectations for the program.  But thus far there has been zero evidence that we'd be any better than last year.  Every new coach comes in saying thew right things and getting the fanbase pumped up.  Strong did it, Tom did it, and now Sark has done it.  The fanbase buys that shit every time.  THIS is finally the time it'll be different because this guy is saying the same shit the last couple guys said but he really MEANS it this time!  All Sark had to do is come in and say "All Gas No Brakes" a few times and the collective fanbase was wiping his jizz off their chin.  There are a few concrete things that have changed for the better, like getting Bijan more touches.  But it's all for nothing without solid line play and jack shit has changed there and there was no indication whatsoever throughout the spring and summer that it would have changed.  All this excitement was based on not much more than a few press conferences and soundbites. 

Having high expectations is very different from predicting wins and the "show me a loss" crowd.   I think we'll lose 4 games this year, but by no means do I feel like that's good enough.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Fair enough.  I do have higher expectations for the program.  But thus far there has been zero evidence that we'd be any better than last year.  Every new coach comes in saying thew right things and getting the fanbase pumped up.  Strong did it, Tom did it, and now Sark has done it.  The fanbase buys that shit every time.  THIS is finally the time it'll be different because this guy is saying the same shit the last couple guys said but he really MEANS it this time!  All Sark had to do is come in and say "All Gas No Brakes" a few times and the collective fanbase was wiping his jizz off their chin.  There are a few concrete things that have changed for the better, like getting Bijan more touches.  But it's all for nothing without solid line play and jack shit has changed there and there was no indication whatsoever throughout the spring and summer that it would have changed.  All this excitement was based on not much more than a few press conferences and soundbites. 

Having high expectations is very different from predicting wins and the "show me a loss" crowd.   I think we'll lose 4 games this year, but by no means do I feel like that's good enough.  

Well said

3 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I think everyone on here has lowered expectations over the last few years. That’s the only reason for everyone getting excited after a “decent” performance last week against a mediocre ULaLa team and being OK with an unreliable kicker who is only good for about 50%.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

It’s hard for my expectations to be lower. I mean, at this point, I’m quite surprised when we take the field and don’t set off an actual explosive suicide vest. And I’m not ruling it out.

My expectations are calibrated to consider a win in Fort Worth as a good win.

21 hours ago, dcar00 said:

on the playcalling, Pittman has had 2 years of seeing sark playcalling up close and personal.  I wonder if we were tipping our running plays to some extent.

Sark calling the same plays for 3 stars is way different than calling plays for 5 stars.  that's why you need thompson to make chicken salad out of chicken shit, every once in a while.

We revealed our dangerous “run up the middle for 2.5 yds” plan. Now other teams will have to scheme for it...

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/11/2021 at 8:55 PM, mdmost said:

Why should it be any different? We’ve done the same stupid shit for over 10 years now.

Don't worry. We can keep living off 2005 forever!! You know, like Dallas fans live off the 90s forever. Mavs fans will forever live off 2011. 

Being a fan of both Dallas and UT, both are the same. Rotten at the core. Soft, entitled. Popular because of their past and one of the premier brands (don't confuse with on the field play). They get tons of attention. Teams and fans get up to beat them. In terms of on the field play, they are mediocre. 

But Texas fans really think they are above so many programs for whatever reason. This program has went downhill fast since that night playing Bama for the national championship. And there is no hope in sight. Our best qB last decade was Sam. And if that's your best in a decade, you aren't going to be winning much.

32 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

We all know how this will go. Sark will fire 1-2 position coaches (WR and maybe OL) after this season. Then after another mediocre 2nd season he fires his DC, Pete K. And then year 3, recruiting turns to shit and the wheels fall off.

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Haha 1

We are just going to have to wait and see.  I hope our team uses this loss as a chip on their shoulder because they should.  If the players just blow this off like it was nothing and the coaches don't use that beat down to fire up the players then yes, this season will turn to chit.

We are going to find out one way or the other.  

12 hours ago, 6th Street said:

We all know how this will go. Sark will fire 1-2 position coaches (WR and maybe OL) after this season. Then after another mediocre 2nd season he fires his DC, Pete K. And then year 3, recruiting turns to shit and the wheels fall off.

Or we got lucky and hired a good coach.