I just don’t understand why y’all are surprised

HSFC

All the insiders said the OL was a problem and Sark doesn’t have the WRs he needs.  

Hate to break it to you but the secondary is just as bad as last year too.  Don’t let Arkansas running for over 300 yards make you forget about the secondary before Big 12 play.

Edited by HSFC
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 3

21 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

I don't think there has been a single year, over the last 4 years,  where Arkansas has ranked even close to Texas in recruiting. We supposedly have the best coaches and top notch facilities and we got buttfucked on national tv. 

Yea. I am a little surprised 

Where do your delusional asses get the “best coaches” crap from? And facilities? EVERY school in the SEC (except vandy and miss st) has as good or better

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 54

2 minutes ago, Steers4Queers said:

Where do your delusional asses get the “best coaches” crap from? And facilities? EVERY school in the SEC (except vandy and miss st) has as good or better

You’re right. South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, and Ole Miss have better coaches than us.  Probably better facilities too.  I mean their stadiums are way better.  What were we thinking?

35 minutes ago, Steers4Queers said:

Queer chick here, fuck the fuck off bigoted dick face. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I care less about Sark’s respect for a rivalry than I do about an OL completely and utterly dominated for 4 quarters by 3 DL

It’s a both and situation man. Arky used to be after OU. They rarely beat Texas but when they did, it was almost always on the road after Texas beat OU and wasn’t respecting the rivalry - and more than a few times it fucked up bigger plans. And, our OL/DL play was atrocious. 

Arky is a trap game, we better get used to it.

Edited by troph

5 minutes ago, troph said:

It’s a both and situation man. Arky used to be after OU. They rarely beat Texas but when they did, it was almost always on the road after Texas beat OU and wasn’t respecting the rivalry - and more than a few times it fucked up bigger plans. And, our OL/DL play was atrocious. 

Don’t disagree, but trap games are where you’re the better team but the other team is more hyped up and focused. 

Arky proved that they are just better than us. They dominated the lines of scrimmage. Complete domination. 

Edited by Gucci_Suit
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, troph said:

Yes. This whole week had a 1981 vibe to it.  Similar result, too.  Except that Texas team was actually pretty good and would finish #2 by seasons end.

• Hook 'Em 2

The problem for the fanbase was last week. Instead of seeing “Louisiana” on the schedule we bought into the Napier hype and the ranking based on last year’s completely bizarre season.  Had we just realized we only solidly beat “ULaLa” this outcome would not have been as shocking going at night to the opponent’s superbowl with a FR QB1 and first-year staff. 

I don’t think we have the answer on the sidelines, but last night was a tough spot for any coach to be put into.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You don't know that. 

Yeah, I think Pittman is probably a good coach and pig may be turning a bit of a corner.

Just like ULaLa apparently was pretty overrated, it is quite possible that pig is underrated.  Not so underrated that we should have lost like that, but good enough not to be dismissed the way we have, especially at home, at night, in a game that they consider a heated rivalry, and most of us under 40 do not.

3 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

The problem for the fanbase was last week. Instead of seeing “Louisiana” on the schedule we bought into the Napier hype and the ranking based on last year’s completely bizarre season.  Had we just realized we only solidly beat “ULaLa” this outcome would not have been as shocking going at night to the opponent’s superbowl with a FR QB1 and first-year staff. 

I don’t think we have the answer on the sidelines, but last night was a tough spot for any coach to be put into.

All true and the guy didn’t handle this week well at all and shit the bed during the game and it appears he may not know how to pick a starting QB either.  That’s really scary he’s supposed to be a whisperer.

• Hook 'Em 1

We have no OL, and no experienced QB. Our DL is overhyped, and we have some dudes that should not be on scholarship at LB and DB.  Sark has never been anything other than a mediocre head coach.  None of this is that surprising.  Fans just like to be fans and wishcast that "maybe this year is the year - this time things are different."  

Just now, bschoolprof said:

We have no OL, and no experienced QB. Our DL is overhyped, and we have some dudes that should not be on scholarship at LB and DB.  Sark has never been anything other than a mediocre head coach.  None of this is that surprising.  Fans just like to be fans and wishcast that "maybe this year is the year - this time things are different."  

If anyone thought "maybe this is the year," they're delusional. This was never the year. This year 8-4 is pretty good.

Just now, troph said:

All true and the guy didn’t handle this week well at all and shit the bed during the game and it appears he may not know how to pick a starting QB either.  That’s really scary he’s supposed to be a whisperer.

I'm not going to quibble with starting Card. I think that's justifiable.

The delay in changing things up, just for the pure hell of it, seems to reflect a disturbing stubbornness.  That Thompson is a pretty competent QB in his own right and maybe brings some things to the table that Card doesn't, just makes it more disturbing.

The gameplanning and playcalling, in contrast to last week, are really disturbing.  I suppose you can argue that there's no good response to your OL just getting fucking whipped, but there didn't seem to be any response at all.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I care less about Sark’s respect for a rivalry than I do about an OL completely and utterly dominated for 4 quarters by 3 DL

Agree. Everyone wants a quick fix to a loss like this (Sark should have treated this like a rivalry! Casey Thompson should have started!) when the reality is much more systemic and difficult to change with a single stroke. The D-Line’s performance is even more disheartening given the supposed talent we had there, and we don’t seem to have an outside WR that can consistently get open. 

And the fact is that these players just have nothing in their experience to get them ready for an environment like last night. Sark could have piped in crowd noise to practice, given them a “Remember the Titans” pre-game speech and castrated a hog, but until they play under those conditions, they’re not ready for them. Day games in Lubbock, Ames, or Waco just aren’t a substitute. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Agree. Everyone wants a quick fix to a loss like this (Sark should have treated this like a rivalry! Casey Thompson should have started!) when the reality is much more systemic and difficult to change with a single stroke. The D-Line’s performance is even more disheartening given the supposed talent we had there, and we don’t seem to have an outside WR that can consistently get open. 

And the fact is that these players just have nothing in their experience to get them ready for an environment like last night. Sark could have piped in crowd noise to practice, given them a “Remember the Titans” pre-game speech and castrated a hog, but until they play under those conditions, they’re not ready for them. Day games in Lubbock, Ames, or Waco just aren’t a substitute. 

maybe he should have

I put our W/L at 8-4 in that predict the season thread. I said we'd lose to OU, Iowa State, a team we shouldn't lose to, and a team we barely lose to due to a screwup by Card. So we got the team we shouldn't lose to loss out of the way. Like some said above, the lack of adjustments by Sark till it was too late is troubling. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

It was surprising that PK never adjuster to back side cut lanes by not ever coming out of his two high safety look and bringing additional defenders down in the box.  

This is the scary part.  I was to understand this guy could coach.  It was apparent that Arky was content to run the ball down our throats and we couldn’t stop them.  Never adjusting to that reeks of stubborn pride or delusion.  We were never going to catch up if we didn’t get stops.  At a certain point you gotta stack the box and hope the secondary wins enough one on ones to get them off the field.  We never tried, and instead the safeties up top got burned anyway.

Oh for fuck's sake. Texas rolls out of bed with significantly more talented players than Arkansas every morning. There is no fucking excuse for the god damned abortion the Horns left on the field in Fayetteville last night.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I am passed off a QB change was not done sooner and I am still passed off nothing was done in the transfer portal to address the Oline and Dline and if he said ot was just another game he needs to be fired now....no game is just another game especially for the teams playing Texas so if Texas has that attitude there will be a lot of losses

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Darth Tron said:

This is the scary part.  I was to understand this guy could coach.  It was apparent that Arky was content to run the ball down our throats and we couldn’t stop them.  Never adjusting to that reeks of stubborn pride or delusion.  We were never going to catch up if we didn’t get stops.  At a certain point you gotta stack the box and hope the secondary wins enough one on ones to get them off the field.  We never tried, and instead the safeties up top got burned anyway.

Agree. I’m not sure how much of this kind of offense he saw out west and we clearly weren’t ready for it. 

8 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
14 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Oh for fuck's sake. Texas rolls out of bed with significantly more talented players than Arkansas every morning. There is no fucking excuse for the god damned abortion the Horns left on the field in Fayetteville last night.

This might be true, but they were noticeably bigger and faster than we were. 

This might be true, but they were noticeably bigger and faster than we were. 

In the second half, sure. Because we kept going three and out and our defense was worn down by halftime. We looked fine early but we shit the bed and got way behind the time of possession 8-ball and got worn out.

You know how you don't get the ball run down your throat when you play a shitty team? You go up three touchdowns by halftime and force them to pass the ball.

No excuse for what we saw last night. Absolute garbage.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
13 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Texas has had more talented players than all but one or two teams on their schedule each year for the last 11 years and yet we regularly lose 4-6 games in those seasons. Hence my use of the word “systemic.” I’m not trying to defend Sark here, he got a harsh reality check last night, and he needs to do better. It’s just going to take some time. 

6 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Agree. I’m not sure how much of this kind of offense he saw out west and we clearly weren’t ready for it. 

Out west in…*checks map*…Alabama?  I think he saw plenty of that but maybe wasn’t paying attention while calling plays behind an NFL grade O-line like he also had at USC.  

Logic fails on this board more times than not. It’s a dynamic system - I’ve said OL and DL play was the primary but that doesn’t mean there aren’t other factors. False dichotomies are stupid logic fails. The answer is E, all of the above and THAT’S why last night was sooo disturbing. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, USCATX said:

Out west in…*checks map*…Alabama?  I think he saw plenty of that but maybe wasn’t paying attention while calling plays behind an NFL grade O-line like he also had at USC.  

I know reading is hard, especially after last night, but this post is about Coach K’s defense.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I mean Oregon's a pretty damn good running team.  It's not 1:1 but they do run it down people's throats. Ask Ohio State. 

Edited by mdmost

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I mean Oregon's a pretty damn good running team.  It's not 1:1 but they do run it down people's throats. Ask Ohio State. 

Good point, and more smash mouth under Cristobal than Kelly/Helfrich. UO scored 30 and 35 on UW after Cristobal took over, so this may be an issue for PK. 

arkansas has been a pile of shit for years. 
I think everyone is surprised that they showed up to play. It’s what makes a rivalry game and it’s what makes the sport fun. Sark got kicked in the teeth and hopefully he and the team can adjust their attitudes. Everything else is there. 

• Hook 'Em 1