Dallas Stars 2021-2022 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

11 hours ago, Get ln My Van said:

Team needs desperate help offensively. I’d dangle Klingberg at the deadline for some young talent. Idk what kind of return he’ll fetch though.

I don't think we can afford to do that with Miro on the shelf for a while. It was clear to me last night that our defense is lacking, a lot, without him in the lineup.

We have scoring prowess on this team that is virtually untapped this season. Segs, Rads, Jamie and to a slightly lesser extent Guri and Kivi could all chip in a few more this would be a wildly different team. Shit, if Segs, Rads, Jamie were each scoring at 75% of their career highs, the Stars would have scored 17 more goals this season, by my back-of-the-napkin math. Might not sound like a lot, but that likely could have turned a half dozen or so games considering we have 8 1-goal losses this season.

I'd rather see us fenagle Klinger's contract and bring in another scorer. When our D is intact, it's quite good. You're right, we need scoring help, but  Ithink it has to come from some combination of existing players stepping up and adding one, maybe two, more pieces. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

https://www.tsn.ca/dallas-stars-acquire-vladislav-namestnikov-detroit-red-wings-fourth-round-pick-1.1774448

I don't really get this trade unless we think this guy is the missing piece between our other developing bottom six.

was waiting on confirmation to post here, but yeah, it's a curious pickup. That means we now have 7 natural centers on the roster? Er.

7 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

was waiting on confirmation to post here, but yeah, it's a curious pickup. That means we now have 7 natural centers on the roster? Er.

I suppose some of these acquisitions are projected upside and/or what the coach thinks they need to be successful. I don't know where this move falls at all. I'm curious if we make any movement in the last 40 minutes.

5 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

I suppose some of these acquisitions are projected upside and/or what the coach thinks they need to be successful. I don't know where this move falls at all. I'm curious if we make any movement in the last 40 minutes.

deadline ended 30 minutes ago, homey. these are just last-minute trades that happened at the cutoff