San Antonio Spurs 2021-22 Season Thread - Let's get this play-in shitshiw rolling

Mitch Cumsteen

Basically - assuming LA wins out (lol) we have a loss to play with. Every LA loss from here on out gives us another loss of margin. 

I think best case scenario for LA they close 4-1. Meaning 3-2 over our next 5 and we make the last play-in spot. 

In Bleacher Report’s latest mock draft     Kessler is projected to be drafted No. 23 overall to the San Antonio Spurs. The pick makes a lot of sense for the Spurs if the front office decides to take Kessler. With one true center (Jakob Poeltl) on the team, they could certainly use a defender like Kessler. His ability to guard any position on the floor and ability to block shots will separate him from the other Centers in the NBA Draft.   

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

In Bleacher Report’s latest mock draft     Kessler is projected to be drafted No. 23 overall to the San Antonio Spurs. The pick makes a lot of sense for the Spurs if the front office decides to take Kessler. With one true center (Jakob Poeltl) on the team, they could certainly use a defender like Kessler. His ability to guard any position on the floor and ability to block shots will separate him from the other Centers in the NBA Draft.   

JFC...... Gonna be in the play in game for a decade....

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

Looks like Dejounte might be out the rest of the regular season. Team Tank just picked up a major win. But seriously, hope the kid is okay. 

Wtf, did this dude get covid or what? His own IG story said he just came down with what seemed like a flu or something, I figured he'd be back in a couple days. 

2 hours ago, Kermit said:

Looks like Dejounte might be out the rest of the regular season. Team Tank just picked up a major win. But seriously, hope the kid is okay. 

We already fucked up the tank.  Another out of the top 10 pick isn't really going to help the Spurs much.  Help us get to more play-in games maybe.

6 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

We already fucked up the tank.  Another out of the top 10 pick isn't really going to help the Spurs much.  Help us get to more play-in games maybe.

New thread title:  Spurs 2021-2022 Season -- "We Already Fucked Up The Tank"

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Raptors clinched a playoff spot, so their 1st rd pick is ours now.

Current Summary for 2022 NBA Spurs Draft Picks

• Own 1st round pick
  • 1st round pick from Toronto  
  • 1st round pick from Boston   
  • 2nd round pick from Los Angeles Lakers via Chicago.  This pick was included in the deal sending DeMar DeRozan to the Bulls and will likely land in the 40s.
  • Like 1

Oh shit guess I'll cross post.

Hahahahaha fuck the Lakers fuck LeBron and AD and Westbrook fuck Jerry West, Magic Johnson, Jeanie Buss, Rich Paul, fuck all of you losers have fun watching from home. 

MJ >>>>>>>>>> you forever. Tough shit. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Oh shit guess I'll cross post.

Hahahahaha fuck the Lakers fuck LeBron and AD and Westbrook fuck Jerry West, Magic Johnson, Jeanie Buss, Rich Paul, fuck all of you losers have fun watching from home. 

MJ >>>>>>>>>> you forever. Tough shit. 

Tell us how you really feel

• Haha 1

Thru April 5th...

2022 NBA Draft Lottery Simulator

PICK       REC      PCT    GB     TOP 4   #1 OVR

HOU    20-60   .250     --     52.1%      14.0%

ORL     21-59     .262    1.0   52.1%      14.0%

DET     23-56     .291   3.5   52.1%      14.0%

OKC    24-55     .304   4.5   48.1%      12.5%

IND     25-55      .312   5.0   42.1%      10.5%

POR    27-52      .342   7.5    37.2%       9.0%

SAC    29-51      .362   9.0    31.9%       7.5%

LAL     31-48     .392   11.5    26.3%      6.0%  *  (New Orleans)

SA       34-45.   .430   14.5   20.3%      4.5%

10 WAS   35-44    .443  15.5   10.3%       2.2%

-    NY     35-44.   .443   15.5   10.3%      2.2%

-    NO    35-44     .443   15.5    9.9%      2.1%  **  (Portland)

13  CHA  40-39    .506    20.5   4.8%       1.0%

14  ATL   41-38     .519     21.5   2.4%       0.5%

END OF LOTTERY

New Orleans owns Lakers 1st Rd Pick

** Portland owns Pelicans 1st Rd  Pick 

1. It's bittersweet making the play in. Everyone knows they would be better off long term with a better pick but fuck it. This team has played really hard all season and they deserve some reward. They have been imminently likeable and we've seen a ton of individual and group development over the season. We all know what the standard is for this franchise, but getting back to the promised land isn't going to be a linear process. I would prefer a top 4 pick but I really can't complain about the way this has gone down, and fucking the Lakers over is really a cherry on top of it. 

2. I know they've played some shit teams recently but the spurs have been playing well, even with some key guys missing time. Denver needed that one last night, no Dejounte, and they still took care of business on the road. One of, if not the, best wins of the season. They don't have a snowballs chance in hell against Phoenix but would it really shock anybody to see them beat nola and the Clippers and actually make the playoffs? 

3. Nobody is talking about Zach Collins but this team looks a ton better with a second competent big in the lineup since he came back from injury. They don't get pounded inside as much when Jakob goes out. What a great gamble for the franchise. He's still only 24 and locked up for only $7 million per for two more seasons after this one. Sneaky great signing. He's a real nba rotation quality player on a bargain deal. 

4. I don't understand why Josh Richardson didn't fit with Dallas or Boston. Doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe he's just been hot from 3 since he came to SA but he's been terrific since the trade. Is it one of those deals where he needed more touches? I don't know how he fits long term but worst case scenario you dump his expiring deal on a contender next year at the deadline for another first rounder. Three and d guys are always in demand. 

5. Fuck the Lakers. 

• Like 7

I was high on Collins when they signed him. He always looked like he belonged when not injured in Portland. Collins, Jakob, and Landale make a solid frontcourt rotation. If they can get consistent shooting and defense from their army of wings they could be really good in 1-2 years.

• Hook 'Em 2

Spurs sitting some players tonight.  Helps Spurs Lottery odds if they lose final two games vs Golden State and Mavs...

8  LA   32-49 .39512.026.3%6.0%

9  SA   34-46   .42514.520.3%4.5%

10 WAS. 35-46  .43215.013.9%3.0%

11  NO  36-45  .44416.08.5%1.8%

-   NY  36-45 .44416.08.0%1.7%

13  ATL  42-39 .51922.03.8%0.8%

Edited by LTtxfan

• Mitch Cumsteen changed the title to San Antonio Spurs 2021-22 Season Thread - Let's get this play-in shitshiw rolling