It’s coaching vs we need new players thread

Rockethorn1978

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Totally agree there, heads need to roll all over... We have just killed recruiting for next year

That’s my biggest worry with all of this. For all the “it’s the players” arguments, well we won’t get any fucking players after this shit show of a season. Who the fuck is going to come here?

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

No fuck but the coach makes 5 mill to not lose the fucking locker room by mid season and be getting throttled by Kansas AT HOME! Idgaf what the players deal is we should win at home vs Kansas. It’s the man’s job that makes 5 mill a year to figure it the fuck out so I don’t feel sorry for poor sark for his roster issues. You came here to fix it and make them better and you haven’t.

I don't feel bad for Sark, his adjustments haven't been good enough to get the job done. That's the bottom line. We aren't likely to fire him right away, so I'm in more of a "now what?" mindset. The players are more likely to change in the short term than the coaches are.

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

No a valid post? Lol wut.

You know you keep describing the problem you just fail to assign the proper blame and in fact make excuses.

And you do it all while pretending to know more than everyone else.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. That's a basic truth.

I think it's interesting that the team isn't showing any level of mastery in this offense or defense at this point in the season. Since these coaches have been successful in the past, I'm more willing to blame the players as well. It's pretty hard to go from smoking teams like Tech and Rice, being up big on other good teams, etc. to getting ran by Kansas and their 3rd string QB at home. Especially after being called out in public. Crazy stuff. 

What excuses am I making? 

Just now, Atticus said:

I don't feel bad for Sark, his adjustments haven't been good enough to get the job done. That's the bottom line. We aren't likely to fire him right away, so I'm in more of a "now what?" mindset. The players are more likely to change in the short term than the coaches are.

I think it's interesting that the team isn't showing any level of mastery in this offense or defense at this point in the season. Since these coaches have been successful in the past, I'm more willing to blame the players as well. It's pretty hard to go from smoking teams like Tech and Rice, being up big on other good teams, etc. to getting ran by Kansas and their 3rd string QB at home. Especially after being called out in public. Crazy stuff. 

What success has Sark had outside of working for the Nick Saban?

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

That’s my biggest worry with all of this. For all the “it’s the players” arguments, well we won’t get any fucking players after this shit show of a season. Who the fuck is going to come here?

If Sark can't bring in the right players to get his program going in the right direction, then he's gone. Every year that passes, he possesses more and more of the blame. He's squarely on the hot seat after this game, but hopefully not too publicly.

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

What success has Sark had outside of working for the Nick Saban?

The term success is subjective. He was obviously successful enough to ascend throughout the profession on multiple occasions. Also successful enough to have a great reputation among the football community.

But once again, subjective.

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

The term success is subjective. He was obviously successful enough to ascend throughout the profession on multiple occasions. Also successful enough to have a great reputation among the football community.

But once again, subjective.

Success is measured on winning. It’s not subjective. What success has he had?

2 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

And he’d still blow out our team

Then let’s hire the guy and watch him flounder for another 3 years. 

We’re the Taylor Swift of football.  At some point, it isn’t all the boyfriends’ / coaches’ fault shit goes south all the time

The entire organizational culture is rotten and coddles a bunch of soft pussies who sniff their own farts

Edited by Tracer Bullet

Kansas is kicking our ass by 21 at home! What difference makers are signing up for that? We’ll get the high ranked, overrated stars who are more than happy to enjoy the spoils. Just don’t ask them to play real football.

I don’t even want to think about how bad Vanderbilt is going to kick our ass in the coming years.

1 minute ago, Tracer Bullet said:

Then let’s hire the guy and watch him flounder for another 3 years. 

We’re the Taylor Swift of football.  At some point, it isn’t all the boyfriends’ / coaches’ fault shit goes south all the time

The entire organizational culture is rotten and coddles a bunch of soft pussies who sniff their own farts

Then you hire until you get a guy who changes that shitty culture.

or we can keep the guy getting fucked LIVE ON TV by KANSAS.

4 minutes ago, Tracer Bullet said:

Ok? We toss money at established coaches and they run the fuck away.  Who the fuck are we going to hire

A nonalcoholic who has had at least ten wins in a season before?

maybe someone who has had a 10 point comeback win?  Some who has won a game when losing at half? 

Edited by ONE YARD

5 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Then you hire until you get a guy who changes that shitty culture.

or we can keep the guy getting fucked LIVE ON TV by KANSAS.

Right? How hard is this? Getting the right guy is hard, that’s why we shouldn’t waste time with shitty coaches and pretend they can fix it

• Like 1

That whole drive was made by that 60 yard run. PK made the perfect call but somehow we have a prime Mackovic style linebacker playing in 2021 in Brockemeyer who failed to turn the play back in and it was off to the races.

That's on Herman and I guess our culture of taking shitty legacies while the ones who can play go to other schools. We've become the school that marries the ugly sister in the rich family, only to get cut out of the will anyway. 

• Haha 1

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

That whole drive was made by that 60 yard run. PK made the perfect call but somehow we have a prime Mackovic style linebacker playing in 2021 in Brockemeyer who failed to turn the play back in and it was off to the races.

That's on Herman and I guess our culture of taking shitty legacies while the ones who can play go to other schools. We've become the school that marries the ugly sister in the rich family, only to get cut out of the will anyway. 

A linebacker that can’t seal ten games into the season is the previous coaches fault?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

[s]STRONG[/s] SARK JUST NEEDS MORE TIME

39 minutes ago, Atticus said:

These coaches have had success in shitty conferences, the PAC, and success with semi pro teams players with maybe the best HC in history, Saban...With these players they needed to do a real coaching/ development/ motivation job and they have failed at everything..

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Well we definitely aren’t Buffalo.

Also who gives a shit. This is the first mention I’ve seen about him.

At schools with realistic assessments of where their program is, they don't start demanding firings in year one. Even of coordinators. 

I played in a HS program like this and it sucks. When a new coach comes in, with new schemes on both sides of the ball, all of a sudden pretty much everybody is playing out of position and it shows. 

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

At schools with realistic assessments of where their program is, they don't start demanding firings in year one. Even of coordinators. 

I played in a HS program like this and it sucks. When a new coach comes in, with new schemes on both sides of the ball, all of a sudden pretty much everybody is playing out of position and it shows. 

Texas fired a DC mid season not that long ago. They replaced a bad coach with a good one. I’m sure you can guess what the results were.

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Texas fired a DC mid season not that long ago. They replaced a bad coach with a good one. I’m sure you can guess what the results were.

And then that coach left and our D has sucked most years ever since. Temp hire, JUCO senior QB type scenario. Did nothing to help the direction of the program, as opposed to that one team. 

5 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

And then that coach left and our D has sucked most years ever since. Temp hire, JUCO senior QB type scenario. Did nothing to help the direction of the program, as opposed to that one team. 

Yea I think replacing bad coaches with good ones is generally a good thing. I dunno maybe that’s just me.