It’s coaching vs we need new players thread

Rockethorn1978

5 minutes ago, bullet said:

You don't blow out teams for 3 quarters, including OU, without having talent.

We don't have top 10 level talent and yes it needs to get better, but we've got plenty to compete for 2nd in the Big 12.

But they aren't playing well.  They aren't playing hard.  As someone said, Greg Robinson turned a horrible defense around in 2 games.  So that is on the coach.  He needs to set the culture.

I went to two different high schools.  The first had won 9 games in 6 years.  Our group moved in from junior high where we won in everything from football to track to band to chess.  And they won 7 games that year.  They didn't have another losing season for two decades and they never had the size the other good programs in Houston had.

The 2nd school in Dallas went 4-4-2 one year with 2 future all SWC players.  After starting 4-1 with a win over a top 10 team, I could tell nobody was hungry and they were going to lose game 6 and they lost badly.  in the last 4 games they lost two, tied a team that went 0-9-1 and tied a team that was state runnerup.  Sometimes they were hungry and sometimes they weren't.  Its not always easy to fix that, but just changing players doesn't automatically change the culture.

Sark needs to figure out how to get them hungry.  It will take time to get top 10 level talent, but it won't matter if you can't get them hungry.  And they have regressed from last year.

But the point is some players are not motivated and we seem to have a very high percentage of those. It has been a systemic issue for a long time. So blaming a first year coach for them not being hungry isn't really the correct focus. The players have been in a turnstile for the better part of the last decade. There is no consistency. We have a long standing culture of being soft. Is Sark the answer? Maybe, maybe not. But I see progress on offense with respect to the system. Players are not executing. That may ultimately be on the coaches, but there's no way to tell at this stage. You yourself just provided an example that your highly motivated group had a lot of success because the players knew what success looked like and how to work to achieve that success. Your second group of players wasn't motivated and didn't have success. Players. Is it on the coaches to get them motivated, yes. But if you're handed a lot of players who aren't motivated, which appears to be the case, just how much can you do to motivate them? There's only so much. Our team doesn't have motivated players and they don't have any motivated leaders to help implement the change in culture. So is the "regression" as you call it due to Sark and staff's inability to motivate as well as Tom Herman or is there a chance that its due to the fact that the actual player leaders that Tom Herman had (see Sam E, Sam C, and Ossai) are no longer with the program and that lack of leadership while implementing a new system is why the team isn't performing as well? Our talent level is down across the board at very key areas. If those three players are on the team, I think this team looks better than last year's Herman team and as a result they would magically look more motivated.

These coaches have not had long to teach their system, teach individual responsibilities for the position and change the culture. Those things take time, especially with a group of players that haven't had much in the way of coaching consistency since they arrived on campus.

Any system is going to look like shit at first. We have some talent (possibly overrated), but not as much as the recruiting rankings would otherwise suggest. Especially critical juniors and seniors who should be providing leadership to the younger players and helping to establish the culture needed to effectively implement new schemes and a new system. In fact, recent events have shown that we seem to have the opposite of leadership. It is counterproductive to simply blame coaching when those other deficiencies are so prevalent. Give them some time. Sark knows what a healthy lockerroom and 2-deep roster looks like. On offense he's already showing signs of scheming players open. I see a LOT of lack of execution on the players parts - and not deficiencies in the scheme. You can't scheme around players not making plays, you can only scheme to put them in a position to make plays. Its up to the players to execute. They aren't.

On defense, the players are clearly confused, standing around, whiffing on tackles. EXACTLY what you would expect with players attempting to implement a new system without ANY player leadership. Our coaches clearly care. Bo Davis is a very good coach and recruiter. He cares immensely as we've seen. There's no way that message was delivered in a Bo Davis bubble. That message has been discussed amongst all the coaches, including Sark, and they know what they are faced with and know they need a roster overhaul. Bo Davis was just the one delivering the message the ENTIRE staff wanted to deliver.

Fundamental changes to the culture of a program are tough and painful. They are time consuming. They require buy in. We keep trying something new every few years because we are impatient. I have no problem with Strong or Herman being fired. If a position group isn't getting it done (WRs), then maybe consider a change there. But saying PK can't coach defense is incredibly short sighted. He's proven he can do it over an extended period of time at a very high level. He was considered a homerun hire by pretty much everyone. He didn't forget how to coach. WRs running wide open game after game despite our lack of O-line and QB shows me Sark can scheme an offense. Constantly bitching about seven win Steve or Steve Quitkowski just a few games in does nothing but seed doubt within the program, resulting in the coach feeling like they are on the hot seat and making dramatic changes to coordinators/staff which only continue the cycle of inconsistency.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

Get two tackles that can actually block (one may be a true freshman), move Karic to guard plus hopefully Hayden will be ready for 2022.  Christian Jones might offer depth at guard and maybe Hookfin can provide depth at tackle.  🤔

Strengthen DL thru transfer portal and 2022 Recruiting class.  Hoping they can add at least 1 LB, 1 safety, and 1 pass rusher thru the portal as well...

If the offensive line blocks better in 2022, the whole team benefits because the time of possession numbers will go up which is better for the Texas defense too.  Might be surprised to hear this, but the best recruits to immediately help PK's defense might be a quality QB and at least two quality offensive linemen. 

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up
  • Hook 'Em 2

You serious Clark? Motivating players is a huge part of a coach’s job. Hell, it’s one of the biggest.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1789827-texas-football-a-timeline-of-mack-browns-career-at-texas

Specifically, the part about having a self motivated player/team;

In the summer of 2005, Vince Young wrote on a bulletin board "If you want to beat Ohio State, meet me here every night at 7 p.m." The whole team showed up, everyday.

Where is the coach in that?
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, General Specific said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1789827-texas-football-a-timeline-of-mack-browns-career-at-texas

Specifically, the part about having a self motivated player/team;

In the summer of 2005, Vince Young wrote on a bulletin board "If you want to beat Ohio State, meet me here every night at 7 p.m." The whole team showed up, everyday.

Where is the coach in that?

No shit, some players are motivators. So, what...the coaches don't or shouldn't? Or what kind of argument are you trying to make here?

• Hook 'Em 1

No shit, some players are motivators. So, what...the coaches don't or shouldn't? Or what kind of argument are you trying to make here?

No argument. Some players want trophies, some want orange slices. Sure, a coach like Bo “Motherfucker” Davis (insert BMF wallet here.jpg) is needed, and some might say wanted. Our coaches needed to find a way to separate and identify those wants in recruits the last several years. Not just take based on their stars, or good kids, etc..

1 hour ago, bullet said:

............ Sark needs to figure out how to get them hungry.  It will take time to get top 10 level talent, but it won't matter if you can't get them hungry.  And they have regressed from last year.

I think Sark is inconsistent and has an inconsistent message for his players and his coaches. Anyone that has parented or coached knows there is nothing more detrimental to teaching and gaining respect then being inconsistent.

Examples:

* He goes from saying he likes the QB sneak yet he goes 3 and out in some critical situations and never uses the QB sneak when we only need a yard.
* He says he has to trust his team to build up their confidence but then tells us he won't call complex plays because he does not trust his team.
* He allows PK to blitz a freshman QB and it works but after the half he turns PKs blitzes off.
* He calls a stupid desperation 4th and 11 fake punt but ask his players to do their job and trust the process.

These are the inconsistencies we see in the open. I can only imagine what is going on behind close doors. Like I said much of this staff had a good reputation. They did not just all of a sudden forget how to do their jobs. To me the head man is causing all these issues in which we are seeing a team getting worse instead of better. To me Sark has not decided what to do with this team as a head coach and is playing OC and forgetting that he needs to spend lots of time installing the process and mindset instead of deciding what plays he is going to call this week.

9 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Fuckin' Awesome -- Thanks for this @Burntcowboy   

Josh fuckin' nails it: 

"What can I do for the team"  vs  "What can TEXAS do for me"

Too many "Brand" focused players -- not enough "Ball" focused players

Full video   #JoshPate  -- More Great Comments 

Bo Davis Rips Certain Texas Players - Rapid Reaction (Late Kick Cut)

Anyone here that has ever taken on a struggling business should see what's going on. Losses not only create apathy for the fans but the players too. Leadership has to rid the organization of the toxic people, empower the buyer's in, and turn the wait and sees. It takes a long time to do that. The other challenge is when the organization has gone through multiple leadership changes. People's confidence that the new leader will even be around leads to lack of buy in.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Anyone here that has ever taken on a struggling business should see what's going on. Losses not only create apathy for the fans but the players too. Leadership has to rid the organization of the toxic people, empower the buyer's in, and turn the wait and sees. It takes a long time to do that. The other challenge is when the organization has gone through multiple leadership changes. People's confidence that the new leader will even be around leads to lack of buy in.

That's why a couple of better recruiters have to be added to this staff ASAP -- at least one at WR Coach.

Move Coleman to off-the-field position if SARK stills wants him around.  Hire a new WR Coach that is a great recruiter.  Add someone like Carrington to beef up the recruiting staff.

Better talent, better play in the trenches (OL/DL), and adding quality QBs to the roster are the fastest ways of turning this team around.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

Fundamental changes to the culture of a program are tough and painful. They are time consuming. They require buy in. We keep trying something new every few years because we are impatient. I have no problem with Strong or Herman being fired. If a position group isn't getting it done (WRs), then maybe consider a change there. But saying PK can't coach defense is incredibly short sighted. He's proven he can do it over an extended period of time at a very high level. He was considered a homerun hire by pretty much everyone. He didn't forget how to coach. WRs running wide open game after game despite our lack of O-line and QB shows me Sark can scheme an offense. Constantly bitching about seven win Steve or Steve Quitkowski just a few games in does nothing but seed doubt within the program, resulting in the coach feeling like they are on the hot seat and making dramatic changes to coordinators/staff which only continue the cycle of inconsistency.

this is hilarious.  I hope 7WS and Quit don't feel like they are on the hot seat because a bunch of assholes on a message board are bitching about them.  god help us if they do.

On 11/7/2021 at 3:19 PM, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Easiest thing to do is simply ask yourself who on our team would start at UGA,BAMA, or Ohio State? Pretty simple

or ask yourself why our guys in the first half could easily make the Bama and OH St teams but in the second half they couldn't even make the Rice team.

Every problem is either talent or coaching.  If it's talent, why are we able to kick the shit out of OU and OK ST in the first half with a team with no talent?  

We have lost the second half in our last five games and six of the last eight games.  That's coaching.

7 minutes ago, Jiminez said:

or ask yourself why our guys in the first half could easily make the Bama and OH St teams but in the second half they couldn't even make the Rice team.

Every problem is either talent or coaching.  If it's talent, why are we able to kick the shit out of OU and OK ST in the first half with a team with no talent?  

We have lost the second half in our last five games and six of the last eight games.  That's coaching.

Well, if your players are limited, inexperienced, and have only been in a system for a few months, its quite a bit easier to use the week leading up to the game to take the limited number of things the players do well and develop a game plan to maximize those. Our coaches seem to do that pretty well with the notable exception at Arkansas in which they were unprepared for Card's meltdown. Even when the team isn't consistently moving the ball, there are still a lot of plays out there to be made that aren't being made.

Then the other team makes adjustments at half to stop what we are doing well. Ideally, you also make adjustments and your players are able to execute the adjusted game plan to counter the other team. Our players can barely do one thing well after being drilled on it in practice all week. They have no chance to make adjustments on the fly and be effective. Everyone wants a magic bullet, but there isn't one. We need better players in a consistent environment where they can learn all of the intricacies of the offense/defense and be able to effectively execute all of it. That allows the coaches flexibility to make on the fly adjustments and have those actually be effective.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I do believe Sark has to torch this roster. From what I’m hearing Texas could see a lot of players hit the portal after the season at least 8+.

I also believe Sark has to address the dis-connect between the Front end and back end of the defense. 

You can see the secondary and Front 7 are obviously on two different pages, which was a big concern of mine when Sark just hired coaches and didn’t collaborate as far as we know with the D-Coord. Sometimes that works but usually you have a base already in place 

I think this team has multiple issues from the coaches to the players...Low morale, bad personell fit in the scheme; especially on Defense.  Unwillingness to make changes; especially, on the Defense..Also, they have just been snake bit and cursed with most of the Oline recruiting for maybe over a decade now..They got problems that aren't easy to fix in a short period of time; especially, if they aren't getting the team to buy in...Having some of the very few decent players they do have transfer out would really be the icing on the cake...I hope that doesn't happen..

• Hook 'Em 1

Courtney Ramey having a real coach that helps him improve is a great example of what a good coach that develops a player looks like. I knew this season would be tough and thought 9-3 was possible but more likely 8-4 and I thought with this new staff we would see improvement across the board as the season progressed. Right now I’m seeing Charlie strong level regression every week. Sark will be here for sure for 3 years so I’m all for wiping the roster clean for sure but sark second half of nothing and gaining 1 yard is huge red flags just like strong being a defensive coordinator and giving up a jillion yards and points in his first season was a red flag. 

• Rage+1 1

On 11/10/2021 at 7:45 PM, HoustonHorn said:
On 11/10/2021 at 6:05 PM, dcar00 said:
this is hilarious.  I hope 7WS and Quit don't feel like they are on the hot seat because a bunch of assholes on a message board are bitching about them.  god help us if they do.

Bo Davis certainly seemed concerned about his livelihood.

Is Bo concerned because of message board assholes?

2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Courtney Ramey having a real coach that helps him improve is a great example of what a good coach that develops a player looks like. I knew this season would be tough and thought 9-3 was possible but more likely 8-4 and I thought with this new staff we would see improvement across the board as the season progressed. Right now I’m seeing Charlie strong level regression every week. Sark will be here for sure for 3 years so I’m all for wiping the roster clean for sure but sark second half of nothing and gaining 1 yard (on 8 plays including penalty yardage) is huge red flags just like strong being a defensive coordinator and giving up a jillion yards and points in his first season was a red flag. 

Maybe wait until the MBB team plays some teams worth a shit and hits some adversity, yeah?

WRT the bolded, go back through the sequence and tell me what happened that led to that outcome and what that represents.

I'm seeing one side of the argument presents context for their stance, the other side speaks in generalities and how things "should be" based on nothing.

Not sure what defense can be played that makes up for a lack of physicality. Not sure what offense can survive being put behind the chains by penalties, sacks, poor decisions, or missed opportunities.

If our defense could get off the field reliably, we would have more opportunities to score.

If our offense could sustain drives before those aforementioned issues tank them, the defense wouldn't have to defend so many plays.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Courtney Ramey having a real coach that helps him improve is a great example of what a good coach that develops a player looks like. I knew this season would be tough and thought 9-3 was possible but more likely 8-4 and I thought with this new staff we would see improvement across the board as the season progressed. Right now I’m seeing Charlie strong level regression every week. Sark will be here for sure for 3 years so I’m all for wiping the roster clean for sure but sark second half of nothing and gaining 1 yard is huge red flags just like strong being a defensive coordinator and giving up a jillion yards and points in his first season was a red flag. 

You thought we would be 9-3 or 8-4 after losing an NFL QB, two NFL D-Linemen, an NFL O-linemen, 3 receivers, and an NFL safety?

• Haha 2

I feel like this is at most “which coaches?”  If the players aren’t good, that’s coaching either in evaluating or actually coaching.  If they’re not motivated, again coaching.  If they’re not playing to their potential, that’s also coaching.  

But getting fundamentally worse results from roughly the same guys is all THIS coach.  

1 minute ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I feel like this is at most “which coaches?”  If the players aren’t good, that’s coaching either in evaluating or actually coaching.  If they’re not motivated, again coaching.  If they’re not playing to their potential, that’s also coaching.  

But getting fundamentally worse results from roughly the same guys is all THIS coach.  

Not the same guys at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

Not the same guys at all.

We get worse every week. There is no improvement in any aspect of our team. The issues that existed game 1 still exist today both mental and physical.

Physical mistakes happen, players get beat. Mental mistakes, which we make an incredible amount of, cannot happen and are 100% on coaching. 

Is Bo concerned because of message board assholes?
Not specifically but he knows they represent the the voice of impatient fans and they need to get it turned around fast which is tough when you're players don't give a shit.

Message boards aren't in a vacuum. The narrative is that Texas had to settle on Sark and we have posters here who routinely play up their insider knowledge and denigrate the staff with name calling. I'm sure they're are posters on other message boards that do the same and those message boards are run by members of the media. They help shape the narrative and that does influence public perception. Just look at the passes dropping their Burnt Ends memberships. That is a tangible negative caused directly on this message board which directly impacts our ability to recruit talent.

In one rant, Bo Davis shifted the narrative from Seven Win Steve, high ranked players, and coaching failure to explain this season to what is the more accurate root cause which is we need a large roster overhaul. That takes time and thousands and thousands of fans being constantly told the coaching staff sucks makes it less likely they get the time they need to actually turn it around.

There's a lot more that goes into it, hundreds of different factors but an honest discussion doesn't seem to be what you're interested in or capable of.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

We get worse every week. There is no improvement in any aspect of our team. The issues that existed game 1 still exist today both mental and physical.

Physical mistakes happen, players get beat. Mental mistakes, which we make an incredible amount of, cannot happen and are 100% on coaching. 

We started the season with patsies and Arkansas. We started playing the better teams in the conference on the back end of the schedule. Compound that with the fact that we have film on us now as well, and guys are banged up. Don't be surprised when we struggle vs KU.

Maybe it's because the players are laughing on the bus after getting their asses whipped. Tough to coach players like that.

This isn't a singular issue. They're are dozens of issues at all levels that need to be addressed. Coaching is a part of it but with the current situation I think it's too early to judge and make a declaration this is all just because of shitty coaches.

Until we fix the underlying cultural issues we're going to keep cycling through coaches.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

We started the season with patsies and Arkansas. We started playing the better teams in the conference on the back end of the schedule. Compound that with the fact that we have film on us now as well, and guys are banged up. Don't be surprised when we struggle vs KU.

We're gonna roll KU early and often unless this team has REALLY quit. KU is pretty bad on the road, Bean isn't playing, and we're generally a solid home team as well.

Edited by Atticus

42 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Message board assholes are only a reflection of the fanbase as a whole.

I think you way overestimate this.  and again, back to the comment the poster made, I hope Sark and Bo Davis, etc aren't concerned because of message board assholes.

16 minutes ago, HoustonHorn said:

Maybe it's because the players are laughing on the bus after getting their asses whipped. Tough to coach players like that.

This isn't a singular issue. They're are dozens of issues at all levels that need to be addressed. Coaching is a part of it but with the current situation I think it's too early to judge and make a declaration this is all just because of shitty coaches.

Until we fix the underlying cultural issues we're going to keep cycling through coaches.

And how many years does that take? 3 years for strong isn’t enough? 4 for Herman? We need to let sark have a solid 6-7 years before we should see improvement? I know sark is staying for at least 3 years but with the portal and the right coach with a vision it won’t take long. Especially if

you have a coach that can elevate his team above expectations. Happens in a lot of places  all over the country every year. 

19 minutes ago, HoustonHorn said:

Someone please explain to me, like I am 5, exactly what “cultural issues” are and how they aren’t on the coaches. Is this the same old “Texas is soft” thing?

9 minutes ago, Atticus said:

We're gonna roll KU early and often unless this team has REALLY quit. KU is pretty bad on the road, Bean isn't playing, and we're generally a solid home team as well.

Maybe, but I can tell you they are going to try their best to copy the "beat Texas" gameplan. We will see how we react to that with no Bijan and possibly no Ro.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HoustonHorn said:

Not specifically but he knows they represent the the voice of impatient fans and they need to get it turned around fast which is tough when you're players don't give a shit.

Message boards aren't in a vacuum. The narrative is that Texas had to settle on Sark and we have posters here who routinely play up their insider knowledge and denigrate the staff with name calling. I'm sure they're are posters on other message boards that do the same and those message boards are run by members of the media. They help shape the narrative and that does influence public perception. Just look at the passes dropping their Burnt Ends memberships. That is a tangible negative caused directly on this message board which directly impacts our ability to recruit talent.

In one rant, Bo Davis shifted the narrative from Seven Win Steve, high ranked players, and coaching failure to explain this season to what is the more accurate root cause which is we need a large roster overhaul. That takes time and thousands and thousands of fans being constantly told the coaching staff sucks makes it less likely they get the time they need to actually turn it around.

There's a lot more that goes into it, hundreds of different factors but an honest discussion doesn't seem to be what you're interested in or capable of.

you aren't looking for an honest discussion either. You really think these message boards matter?  If they did Charlie would have been fired after year one. It doesn't matter what the fans think.  It matters what CDC/BMD/BoR thinks.  he's still 7WS until he's not.  keep saying it is the players because Bo Davis went on a rant(which I whole heartedly support)

we have posters already saying don't get concerned when we struggle with Kansas.

we've been talking about roster overhauls after every coaching change and then the coach shits the bed or becomes John Mackovic.  this is nothing new.

7WS needs to get it turned around so he doesn't get fired not because of some message board fans.

5 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

And how many years does that take? 3 years for strong isn’t enough? 4 for Herman? We need to let sark have a solid 6-7 years before we should see improvement? I know sark is staying for at least 3 years but with the portal and the right coach with a vision it won’t take long. Especially if

you have a coach that can elevate his team above expectations. Happens in a lot of places  all over the country every year. 

even Sark knows he doesn't have 4 years to put a 10+ win team(13 game season) on the field, and I hope his exepctations for him and his coaching staff are at least that.

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

If our defense could get off the field reliably, we would have more opportunities to score.

If our offense could sustain drives before those aforementioned issues tank them, the defense wouldn't have to defend so many plays.

I'm still amazed by the number of people that do not seem to understand this concept of complementary football.

Our defenses aren't as bad as the stats say... If you want to reduce the total # of missed tackles, reduce the number of plays by the opposing offense. There is a way for both offense and defense to do that and both matter.

Want more chances to score? There are ways for both offense and defense to affect that.

Field position is important. "All three phases" is not a cliche.

Edited by Snacks
To be well spoken
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

You didn't know? Four years of the last coach's fuckery is supposed to be undone by new coach by this time in the first season. Moose out front shoulda told ya.

then Herman must be the second coming of Knute Rockne because he had to overcome 3 years of the worst fuckery we have ever seen at head coach at Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Someone please explain to me, like I am 5, exactly what “cultural issues” are and how they aren’t on the coaches. Is this the same old “Texas is soft” thing?

Strong was like a father figure but couldn’t figure out how to handle the enormity of the Texas job so his players loved him but never got better. We went 180 with a complete Meat head asshole fuck face. Burnt toast, runny eggs, wouldn’t say hi to players and was always the smartest, smuggest asshole in the room who also couldn’t figure how to make his players better. 7 years of zero player development. 3 different staffs, and no accountability at all in the last 2 years. Sark was handed a flaming bag of shit on his porch. He gets paid a lot of money to fix it so no pity but to think this year was going to be anything but a shit show is more on you than on sark lol. I like to sunshine pump with the best of them but my logical side said we would be terrible and lose a lot. 

8 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

So all mental midget player mistakes are 100% coaching?? 

GIF-OK-okay-Cheryl-Cole-GIF.gif&ehk=IWil

Mental mistakes are really easy to coach and when the same ones keep happening that’s a coaching problem. It’s one thing for the oline to get beat, it’s another for them to continually miss their assignments and gap coverages 

Just now, WinningIsHard said:

Strong was like a father figure but couldn’t figure out how to handle the enormity of the Texas job so his players loved him but never got better. We went 180 with a complete Meat head asshole fuck face. Burnt toast, runny eggs, wouldn’t say hi to players and was always the smartest, smuggest asshole in the room who also couldn’t figure how to make his players better. 7 years of zero player development. 3 different staffs, and no accountability at all in the last 2 years. Sark was handed a flaming bag of shit on his porch. He gets paid a lot of money to fix it so no pity but to think this year was going to be anything but a shit show is more on you than on sark lol. I like to sunshine pump with the best of them but my logical side said we would be terrible and lose a lot. 

So this is “which coach,” like I said. 

Just now, dcar00 said:

6-7, 5-7, 5-7

59 yards v Arkansas

losing to Kansas

hilarious, it didn't fucking matter who was at QB for that dipshit.

Its pretty weird that Texas has gone exactly as well as the QB it has playing for them. Vince, Colt, Simms, Major, Ehlinger. One would think that's no coincidence. Tom got Sam year one. Charlie had Swoopes, Jerrod, and a young Shane. And before you tout how good Shane turned out to be remember a Freshman Ehlinger beat him out for the job here.

• Like 1