It’s coaching vs we need new players thread

Rockethorn1978

15 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Yet somehow the prior staff got the same guys to play together and with intensity in a meaningless bowl game. 

If you played for these morons, you would probably play with lackluster effort as well.  Bad coaches have teams that quit on them, just as bad managers have employees that DGAF.  It's starts at the top. Always, always, always at the top.  

Please list the players you feel aren’t being developed and you’re scared to lose off this roster to the portal

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, sportsbay said:

If they aren't trying, wtf is he supposed to do?  Get out there with a bullwhip and make them complete their assignments?  You have to purge the non compliant players and bring in new ones.

welcome to 2014 and 2017.  here's a secret for you....its not the players.

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Oh yeah, that Juggernaut Colorado..........Nice point.

You're poking fun at beating Colorado after we just lost to Kansas??? You've achieved an impressive level of delusion.

It's clearly the coaching. No argument about our players being the problem can overcome losing the Kansas.

Just now, sportsbay said:

It's apparent that the staff has a standard of winning it wants to achieve or it's going to treat the players like shit.  Texas players are used to being patted on the ass and coddled.  It's time for a change.  We need to make this more like an NFL roster where no players position is safe and roster turn over is the norm until we have the winning attitude needed for success.  "Beatings will continue until moral improves".

the problem is the guy at the top is a loser.

13 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

This.  People are dumbasses. Still blaming the players. 

we would be at 7 wins with a not Moranic DC.  Which just shows how bad sark is as a HC.  He dug this pit and I’ll pulling the entire program down with him. 

Its funny, theres also a bunch of fucking idiots who scream "FIRE X COACH" every fucking year too.  Guess what, that hasnt worked either.

1 minute ago, sportsbay said:

Back this up with some logic.  Emotional takes are not helpfull.  Are you female?

are you an idiot?  steve sarkisian Texas Longhorns 4-6, lost to Kansas at home similar to Charlie Strong who was also.....a loser. 7WS being a head coach in an actual football conference is now 6WS(maybe).  

its possible though that he's going for 4 or 5 wins to remove the alliteration.

7 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

We lost to Kansas.  Do you really think sark should stay???

I think we need consistency more than anything.  Firing Sark does nothing to fix the issue.  I get that youre mad and want someone to pay for this, but you have to look at the past 10 years and see what we have been doing and do something different.  Firing coaches based off emotions has not worked.  We have to at least let him try.

Im not saying Sark is the guy long term, Im not saying hes not, but we have to stick with him for now.  They arent paying him 35 million dollars to go 4-8 in one year. 

Edited by DiceHands
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DiceHands said:

I think we need consistency more than anything.  Firing Sark does nothing to fix the issue.  I get that youre mad and want someone to pay for this, but you have to look at the past 10 years and see what we have been doing and do something different.  Firing coaches based off emotions has not worked.  We have to at least let him try.

Im not saying Sark is the guy long term, Im not saying hes not, but we have to stick with him for now.  They arent paying him 35 million dollars to go 4-8 in one year. 

Please leave rational thought out of it. People might start negging you.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Double down. The players aren’t worse than Kansas. JFC some of you will go down with the titanic as it sinks and say “nothing is wrong it’s the strongest ship on the sea”..

It isn’t that they’re worse skill wise - it’s that they don’t give a flying fuck about losing. PKs scheme doesn’t make our players miss tackles. Doesn’t  matter how good of a coach Flood is, our OL is the worst line I’ve ever seen. 80% players, 20% coaches. I’ve never wished bad on any Texas player, but if I did, BJ foster would be first in line. He’s the prime fucking example of the rot in this team. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, sportsbay said:

Emotional take.  It's time to re-build.  We actually have some coaches with some experience and success on this staff.  They know what they need to win.  Problem being, these players don't want to win.  They laid down for Kansas last night, whores.

The guy at the top doesn’t have a clue what it takes to win.

we have 91 games worth of evidence proving that.

40 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

You're poking fun at beating Colorado after we just lost to Kansas??? You've achieved an impressive level of delusion.

It's clearly the coaching. No argument about our players being the problem can overcome losing the Kansas.

I am actually not so sure if a bunch of our defensive players would actually start for Kansas.  Do you think they would?  I see absolutely zero talent on the defensive side.  Not one real difference maker on the d line, the LBs or the secondary.  I mean at this point Kansas has just as much NFL talent as we do on our defense.  None.  

13 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

To anyone still arguing it’s a talent issue after last night- go fuck yourself. 

I'll be happy to let you know that I did indeed fuck myself last night.  It was wonderful. 

These players are trash, have the lowest football IQ I have ever seen, and make Scott Derry look like an All-American.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, sportsbay said:

Emotional take.  It's time to re-build.  We actually have some coaches with some experience and success on this staff.  They know what they need to win.  Problem being, these players don't want to win.  They laid down for Kansas last night, whores.

Rebuild with what?  What recruits worth their shit will come to be coached by these coaches?  Even if they come, this staff has proven they can’t coach anyone up.   EVERYONE has regressed these last few weeks 

22 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I am actually not so sure if a bunch of our defensive players would actually start for Kansas.  Do you think they would?  I see absolutely zero talent on the defensive side.  Not one real difference maker on the d line, the LBs or the secondary.  I mean at this point Kansas has just as much NFL talent as we do on our defense.  None.  

Yea. They would start for Kansas. 
you know why Kansas looked like world beaters?  Because their coaches put their players in position to make plays to the best of their ability. 

ours do not 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ONE YARD said:

This.  People are dumbasses. Still blaming the players. 

we would be at 7 wins with a not Moranic DC.  Which just shows how bad sark is as a HC.  He dug this pit and I’ll pulling the entire program down with him. 

If we had a “good” DC we’d be undefeated in conference.   Leads blown in every fucking game is unbelievable 

• Hook 'Em 1

The answer is always coaching.  Good coaches effectively utilize what they have and have the capability to identify and attract what they need.   The only team in the conference that is on par with Texas recruiting is OU.  Everyone else is doing more with less and it’s fucking bullshit.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Sark can win 9 games at USC with Cody Kessler and a bunch of Jags, but he all of a sudden can’t coach as soon as he gets to Austin? It’s about 80% players 20% coaches imo. These players suck and it’s gonna take at least two recruiting classes to fix 

We lost to Kansas.   Kansas. 
we have better players than Kansas. 

are you trying to articulate that coaches can’t get our players “up” to play Kansas?  Well that’s on the coaches as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Sark can win 9 games at USC with Cody Kessler and a bunch of Jags, but he all of a sudden can’t coach as soon as he gets to Austin? It’s about 80% players 20% coaches imo. These players suck and it’s gonna take at least two recruiting classes to fix 

If Texas had a DC worth a flying fuck we’d have ONE loss and be in the top ten.  These coaches are brought in to manage the program.   All of it.  Primarily putting these kids in the proper positions to execute.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

are you trying to articulate that coaches can’t get our players “up” to play Kansas?  Well that’s on the coaches as well. 

That’s culture and discipline.   Lacking from the team, but the coaches responsibility.   He can’t lay into them like saban can (and we know he wants to).  He has to bring them along and manage a room full of broken and dashed egos and morale.   It’s a fucking mess 

45 minutes ago, theBlackJuanba said:

It isn’t that they’re worse skill wise - it’s that they don’t give a flying fuck about losing. PKs scheme doesn’t make our players miss tackles. Doesn’t  matter how good of a coach Flood is, our OL is the worst line I’ve ever seen. 80% players, 20% coaches. I’ve never wished bad on any Texas player, but if I did, BJ foster would be first in line. He’s the prime fucking example of the rot in this team. 

Lol so all these guys that are sabotaging the season and not giving a flying fuck keep getting put in by who? Who decides who the fuck plays? JFC some of you are dumb as fuck. These guys don’t get to pick their own playing time. They get put on the field by PK and Sark. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Over the last decade, we've recruited a bunch of 4 and 5 stars who come to Austin to hit 6th Street and get their dick wet first, win football games if there's time.

Austin, Texas is the problem and recruiting players based off of wanting to be in Austin is a problem. We need to get back to recruiting guys who want to win football games first, enjoy the celebrity that comes with football games second. That was the mentality of those old Miami teams and Pete Carroll's USC teams. You want to be a celebrity? Win some fucking football games first.

1 hour ago, DiceHands said:

What coaches were fired based on emotions instead of performance? God damn this stupid idea that consistency in coaching is what you need to win needs to die. What you need to win is a good coach. Big programs fire coaches until they find the right guy. Keeping guys who aren’t the right coach delays the process and limits our candidates. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I think we will still be able to attract above average to sometimes great offensive talent.  I'm not sure why any defensive stud would come here at this point.  Guess we need  to recruit as many stud WRs as possible and Trevon Diggs a few of them.  

Need to be looking for kids who started to shine in the back half of HS career not the ones who have been getting their asses kissed as god's gift since 7th grade.  

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

What coaches were fired based on emotions instead of performance? God damn this stupid idea that consistency in coaching is what you need to win needs to die. What you need to win is a good coach. Big programs fire coaches until they find the right guy. Keeping guys who aren’t the right coach delays the process and limits our candidates. 

k lets fire the coach after one year and lets go get another coach who we can do the same thing again to.  revolving door.  it aint working.  we have to settle in and build it up.  you guys want instant success and im sorry but it aint gonna happen like that.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

It’s not just about talent bro. These players don’t give af about winning and have pretty much given up on their NFL dreams. They have nothing to play for at this point because they're mentally fragile spoiled pussies that have no pride and probably think the coaches are too mean. There’s a reason we have like 3 NFL guys on our roster at the moment.

Just now, DiceHands said:

k lets fire the coach after one year and lets go get another coach who we can do the same thing again to.  revolving door.  it aint working.  we have to settle in and build it up.  you guys want instant success and im sorry but it aint gonna happen like that.  

You’re acting like we want sark fired because he lost to OU and just missed out on the big 12 championship. 

he lost to Kansas.  
we are on a five game losing streak
sark has never won a game when losing at half time.

sark has never won a game when down by ten points 

he lost to Kansas. 

One Yard. 

having a coach not do those things isn’t too much to ask. 

5 minutes ago, DiceHands said:

Maybe the next guy is the right day. It’s always a revolving door until it’s not. 
It’s not about instant success but with good coaches it is about instant improvement. Players sure as shit don’t get worse when coaching is good.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

Maybe the next guy is the right day. It’s always a revolving door until it’s not.

if we were gonna do that we wouldnt be signing coaches to 6 year deals paying them 5 million+ a fucking year.

the next coach we hire needs to earn his keep.  dont give them shit until they prove they can win.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

This is the same team/defense that gave up 18 to 8-1 Louisiana. The players cared backed then. They cared when they lost to OU. They don’t give af right now. That’s what Sark is dealing with

“This is the same team/defense that gave up 18 to 8-1 Louisiana. The players cared back then. They cared when they lost to OU. They don’t give af right now. That’s what Sark has created.”

FIFY

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 2

Yes. What do you think a coaches job is?

Recruit, develop, and put players in a position to succeed. It’s up to the players to give af. You can try and pull it out of them but if they don’t care, and refuse to do basic effort shit, not much you can do. Worthy and Bijan are in this same scheme with the same coaching. They seem to be doing fine

• Hook 'Em 2