It’s coaching vs we need new players thread

Rockethorn1978

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Arkansas, Iowa St (although they will at least finish 500 this year after a good year last year), Baylor won two games last year.

I admit to being hyperbolic but to pretend this team is more competitive than Herman’s teams is just not accurate.

Baylor was 8-1 in 2019. ISU won the conference. Arky beat Aggy right after we did. OU is undefeated.....again.

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

Baylor was 8-1 in 2019. ISU won the conference. Arky beat Aggy right after we did. OU is undefeated.....again.

Arkansas is at the bottom of the SEC and absolutely dismantled us. 
Like i said I was being hyperbolic but there is zero reason for us to lose 30-7 to a mid level Iowa St.

Seriously why are we trying so hard to find excuses. It’s not like we are firing Sark anyway so lets just call it what it is. This coaching staff sucks this year. The players suck this year. I have very little confidence that anything changes with this staff but hopefully I’m wrong. I just don’t understand why we keep pretending this is only a player problem 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Sark had a better scheme against Baylor than Riley. Best OC in the country with a stacked offensive roster is doing worse than we did. Must be magic 

And yet they pulled our pants down in front of a national audience… with a freshman backup QB. 

Edited by hobbes2702

8 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Moral victories! Yea!!!!!

Scheme, the scheme is fine. The roster sucks much like your attitude. Neither is easily fixed. You and dcar keep firing all the coaches every 4 years and we can get nice and comfy as the next Nebraska. Iowa state is a mid level team lol. What the fuck are we now? What a wild fan base we have. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Arkansas is at the bottom of the SEC and absolutely dismantled us. 
Like i said I was being hyperbolic but there is zero reason for us to lose 30-7 to a mid level Iowa St.

Seriously why are we trying so hard to find excuses. It’s not like we are firing Sark anyway so lets just call it what it is. This coaching staff sucks this year. The players suck this year. I have very little confidence that anything changes with this staff but hopefully I’m wrong. I just don’t understand why we keep pretending this is only a player problem 

These players sucked last year for the most part, those that didn't are, for the most part, gone. These coaches did not suck last year for the most part. What happened? They inherited these sucky players. This is not hard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Someone please explain to me, like I am 5, exactly what “cultural issues” are and how they aren’t on the coaches. Is this the same old “Texas is soft” thing?

In my opinion, I think parr of the cultural thing is we haven't hired coaches that can get the team to buy into their system.  Maybe we have a bunch of prima donna players that expect results immediately, and when those results don't happen they get their panties in a wad and give up on the staff and the team, or just feel like "here we go again, another crap coach."  We need a coach that can motivate those types of people to stay focused and bought into the system...I think Mack was very good at this and recruiting in his prime..Sark's big problem is they haven't even laid that foundation yet,  it is pretty obvious they don't have that buy in after Bo's fed up rant this past week...They have to get the players believing things can and will get better...It's  going to be hard to do that when the defense has a meltdown every week so Sark needs to address that immediately..

1 minute ago, GringoSalado said:

These players sucked last year for the most part, those that didn't are, for the most part, gone. These coaches did not suck last year for the most part. What happened? They inherited these sucky players. This is not hard.

Lame Kiffin must be awesome too. Bill OBrien is a great coach. Muschamp, Dooley, Applewhite. Those guys all were incredible coaches under Saban and shit without. Performance under Saban tells us nothing about if they are any good.

5 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Scheme, the scheme is fine. The roster sucks much like your attitude. Neither is easily fixed. You and dcar keep firing all the coaches every 4 years and we can get nice and comfy as the next Nebraska. Iowa state is a mid level team lol. What the fuck are we now? What a wild fan base we have. 

we could also fire coaches when they suck and end up with Bob Stoops, Nick Saban,  Mack Brown, Pete Carroll, Urban Meyer, etc.

Aranda will leave Baylor for a better gig. So- we should keep Sark until Aranda leaves and Baylor announces a new coach. Then, we immediately fire Sark and offer 2x the money to the coach that Baylor just hired. Essentially outsource the coaching hire to Baylor. Can’t miss. 

Coaches go to these lower schools, build them up and move to a higher school or NFL. This sets up the next guy for success for the most part.

Our coaches get fired for poor performance, so the next guy has to deal with players who are used to and cool with playing losing football. The next guy has to overcome more to find success.

Interesting how some places always seem to make “good hires” and others don’t

24 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Lol you don’t think 4 years is enough? It’s more than enough time. You’re a dumb ass. 

33 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

The Nebraska comparisons are so stupid. Nebraska is in Lincoln Nebraska. They have no built in advantages other than history. As soon as they have a few bad years they have no advantages.

Texas is in Austin Texas. Texas elite facilities, elite recruiting landscape, elite destination for college. We have a plethora of built in advantages. We aren’t ever going to fall of the map like Nebraska. We will wonder like most big time programs until we get the right guy. 

11 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

And yet they pulled our pants down in front of a national audience… with a freshman backup QB. 

63-14 in 2000 in fucking stoops second year, 64-13 3 years later. That’s being pantsed. Done to our second greatest coach in program history no less. I’m sure you guys were somewhere rocking back and forth muttering fire Mack, fire Mack. We’re Texas, we’re Texas. Lol 

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Mental mistakes are really easy to coach and when the same ones keep happening that’s a coaching problem. It’s one thing for the oline to get beat, it’s another for them to continually miss their assignments and gap coverages 

We have 15 scholarship offensive lineman... Most of them should not see the field ever... But 2/3rds (10) of them are in the 2 deep and two them don't even dress out.

That's not coaching. That's starting dudes that can't play.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

63-14 in 2000 in fucking stoops second year, 64-13 3 years later. That’s being pantsed. Done to our second greatest coach in program history no less. I’m sure you guys were somewhere rocking back and forth muttering fire Mack, fire Mack. We’re Texas, we’re Texas. Lol 

Mack won 9 games each of his first three seasons. You’re really bad at comparisons.

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

We have 15 scholarship offensive lineman... Most of them should not see the field ever... But 2/3rds (10) of them are in the 2 deep and two them don't even dress out.

That's not coaching. That's starting dudes that can't play.

SARK and Flood have to force several of those guys to move on whether it's medical retirement, graduate, or transfer out...  

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

The Nebraska comparisons are so stupid. Nebraska is in Lincoln Nebraska. They have no built in advantages other than history. As soon as they have a few bad years they have no advantages.

Texas is in Austin Texas. Texas elite facilities, elite recruiting landscape, elite destination for college. We have a plethora of built in advantages. We aren’t ever going to fall of the map like Nebraska. We will wonder like most big time programs until we get the right guy. 

maybe we need players that want to play football more than they want to live in Austin.

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

You're stuck in the early 2000s. Kids don't care about Austin like that, and the ones who do seem to care more about it than football. Our facilities are shit compared to all of our regional rivals. Institutional support is also worse. The state of Texas produces a ton of talent, but of that talent has a number of places they can go and feel comfortable. So now we're going after talent that isn't top shelf because we rarely beat Bama/tOSU/UGA/LSU for Texas recruits unless they're gonna land someone else they want more. A&M is also getting top Texas talent more consistently than us.

We have been poor at pivoting away from top targets once they inevitably commit to one of the above. Our backups haven't really panned out or we don't even land them for whatever reason. That's how you get left with guys like Max Merril, Andrej Karic, Charles Wright, Derrian Brown, Jake Smith, Kennedy Lewis, Peter Mpagi, and the list goes on. Lots of misses, and many of those are coming off our last 10 win season.

We gotta get better at finding quality players outside of the ones that everyone wants.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

You're stuck in the early 2000s. Kids don't care about Austin like that, and the ones who do seem to care more about it than football. Our facilities are shit compared to all of our regional rivals. Institutional support is also worse. The state of Texas produces a ton of talent, but of that talent has a number of places they can go and feel comfortable. So now we're going after talent that isn't top shelf because we rarely beat Bama/tOSU/UGA/LSU for Texas recruits unless they're gonna land someone else they want more. A&M is also getting top Texas talent more consistently than us.

We have been poor at pivoting away from top targets once they inevitably commit to one of the above. Our backups haven't really panned out or we don't even land them for whatever reason. That's how you get left with guys like Max Merril, Andrej Karic, Charles Wright, Derrian Brown, Jake Smith, Kennedy Lewis, Peter Mpagi, and the list goes on. Lots of misses, and many of those are coming off our last 10 win season.

We gotta get better at finding quality players outside of the ones that everyone wants.

24/7 has us with the 9th ranked facilities in the country. We just spent $175 million on stadium upgrades and spent $10,000 per locker to update our already very very good locker room.

Yea no one wants to move to Austin anymore. Lol.

We got 9 of the top 30 players in Texas last year including 6 of the top 15.

2019 6 of the top 30.

2018 13 of the top 30 including 7 of the top 10.

We have elite facilities, are located in an elite market, and have had elite recruiting of in state players. The problem has been poor coaching. The problem continues to be poor coaching.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

24/7 has us with the 9th ranked facilities in the country. We just spent $175 million on stadium upgrades and spent $10,000 per locker to update our already very very good locker room.

Yea no one wants to move to Austin anymore. Lol.

We got 9 of the top 30 players in Texas last year including 6 of the top 15.

2019 6 of the top 30.

2018 13 of the top 30 including 7 of the top 10.

We have elite facilities, are located in an elite market, and have had elite recruiting of in state players. The problem has been poor coaching. The problem continues to be poor coaching.

IDEK what this means, but you must not really pay attention to other programs. You have your head in the sand about things like many within the administration, enjoy saying "we're texas" in your sleep as CFB continues to pass us by.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

IDEK what this means, but you must not really pay attention to other programs. You have your head in the sand about things like many within the administration, enjoy saying "we're texas" in your sleep as CFB continues to pass us by.

Well the people who pay attention to Those things have us as 9th best. It has nothing to do with “we’re Texas”. It has to do with built in advantages that we have. Pretending they don’t exist to make excuses for shitty coaching is how we continue with shitty coaching

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

But we aren’t. So what’s the problem 

I think it's an effort issue. 

Same way a Florida team can play Bama within 3 points one week and get blown out by South Carolina and get embarrassed by an FCS school this week. These kids need to be motivated, and it looks like the Bo rant did the opposite effect.

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

I think it's an effort issue. 

Same way a Florida team can play Bama within 3 points one week and get blown out by South Carolina and get embarrassed by an FCS school this week. These kids need to be motivated, and it looks like the Bo rant did the opposite effect.

So our coaching staff can’t motivate? That sounds like a pretty large coaching problem.

Hey at least we are tied with Kansas now. 

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

So our coaching staff can’t motivate? That sounds like a pretty large coaching problem.

Hey at least we are tied with Kansas now. 

I've always been envious of those who can go through life being so simple-minded

It's on the coaches to motivate the players, but this isn't HS, they are here to play football. If they don't want to, they can hit the portal.

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Keep working on the excuses.

You must not see how lazy it is to just blame the coaches without understanding the issues behind that.

I'm not absolving the coaches of blame, but it's more interesting to try and understand the circumstances and possible solutions. 

6 minutes ago, Atticus said:

You must not see how lazy it is to just blame the coaches without understanding the issues behind that.

I'm not absolving the coaches of blame, but it's more interesting to try and understand the circumstances and possible solutions. 

You are absolving them though. That’s what you’ve been doing. You’ve been shifting blame away from the guys responsible for the performance. 
Please educate us all about the issues we don’t see.
You yourself said this team should be able to beat Kansas regardless of coaching. So again, what is the problem?

• Hook 'Em 1

You are absolving them though. That’s what you’ve been doing. You’ve been shifting blame away from the guys responsible for the performance. 
Please educate us all about the issues we don’t see.
You yourself said this team should be able to beat Kansas regardless of coaching. So again, what is the problem?

And this is why I called you simple-minded. It's not solely a coaching issue, these players are also responsible for their shitty play. There is plenty of blame to go around.

4 minutes ago, Atticus said:

And this is why I called you simple-minded. It's not solely a coaching issue, these players are also responsible for their shitty play. There is plenty of blame to go around.

No shit. No one has said otherwise. But these players are more than good enough to beat Kansas. They are better athletes and more talented. So if we have better players but we continue to lose…

No shit. No one has said otherwise. But these players are more than good enough to beat Kansas. They are better athletes and more talented. So if we have better players but we continue to lose…

This isn't a valid post. Our players in a vacuum are better than Kansas' We've played way better than this before too. That's why it's interesting to try and understand how the level of play has fallen off the way it has.

Kansas is a Rice level team. We beat Rice 58-0. Now, Kansas is likely going to beat us by double digits. Did the coaches just decide to stop coaching? There's a disconnect, maybe the team has checked out mentally, i dunno. 

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

This isn't a valid post. Our players in a vacuum are better than Kansas' We've played way better than this before too. That's why it's interesting to try and understand how the level of play has fallen off the way it has.

Kansas is a Rice level team. We beat Rice 58-0. Now, Kansas is likely going to beat us by double digits. Did the coaches just decide to stop coaching? There's a disconnect, maybe the team has checked out mentally, i dunno. 

No a valid post? Lol wut.

You know you keep describing the problem you just fail to assign the proper blame and in fact make excuses.

And you do it all while pretending to know more than everyone else.

Edited by hobbes2702

11 minutes ago, Atticus said:

No fuck but the coach makes 5 mill to not lose the fucking locker room by mid season and be getting throttled by Kansas AT HOME! Idgaf what the players deal is we should win at home vs Kansas. It’s the man’s job that makes 5 mill a year to figure it the fuck out so I don’t feel sorry for poor sark for his roster issues. You came here to fix it and make them better and you haven’t.

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Go check on your husband mrs sark. Good lord. 

16 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

At some point you have to think that with the "talent" on the field, these players should be able to stomp Kansas without any coaches on the sidelines.

Kansas' 3rd string QB weighing about 150 lbs broke 3 tackles to score a TD.  It's clearly the players.