Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

I'd just like to point out that Washington kid above still has one season of high school ball left. If the hot tub time machine worked in reverse and brought my teenage self to 2023 I'm afraid I'd have to stick to baseball, golf and track. (Maybe on the last one)

Fong on 25/26 Croot Visitor Reactions

Spoiler

Texas had a nice crop of prospects on campus on Saturday for the seventh-ranked Longhorns 33-30 overtime victory over No. 23 Kansas State.

The victory keeps the program alive for the College Football Playoff and recruits in Austin continue to love what they’re seeing from Steve Sarkisian’s program.

“What simply excited me this summer and today is the electricity and grit the Longhorns defense plays with,” Nashville (Tenn.) Ensworth Top247 2025 defensive lineman Ethan Utley said. “The fact that their back was against the wall in overtime and the d-line gets pressure and ends all plans just speaks for itself. What makes them a fit is how versatile I am across the d-line, my size, speed and athleticism and they run multiple schemes that where I can fit in every single one. Texas is for sure up near the top after this visit.”

Utley wasn’t the only Top247 recruit on campus from SEC country as Calhoun (Ga.) High 2025 product Emaree Winston continues to feel good about the Longhorns.

“I love how they use JT and what they are doing with him,” Winston said. “The stuff that they do here is what we do at my school now, it’s just done at a higher level.”

Winton has roughly 40 offers and says Texas is a top three program for him.

“The coaches, the way they coach and how they are going to be a top team in it every year now,” Winston said.

The Longhorns saw some of their favorite in-state junior targets as well.

“I feel like just the coached like Coach PK and Coach Jac, I just love them and the type of people they are,” Texarkana (Texas) Pleasant Grove Top247 defensive lineman Lance Jackson said. “I also love it here in Austin, it’s a cool atmosphere and all that and then they also have a really good football team. They are definitely a top school for me, one of my mains.”

“One of the major things that continue to excite me about the Longhorns is that every time they go through adversity they come back 10 times harder,” Cedar Hill (Texas) High 2025 offensive tackle Jordan Coleman said. “The thing that makes them a potential fit for me is that they are genuine and consistent in what they do.”

“Coach Bo and the d-line,” Arlington (Texas) Mansfield Timberview defensive lineman Dilan Battle said. “They are very good up front. Texas is a potential fit for me because they allow their defensive linemen to make plays and I love how they treat me out there!”

Texarkana (Texas) High 2026 running back Tradarian Ball was offered by Sarkisian and his staff during the visit. He has 22 rushing touchdowns through his first 19 high school games and the 247Sports Crystal Ball likes the Burnt Orange early.

“What excites me about the Longhorns is the coaches and fam and the environment,” Ball said. “I’m an all-around the field player and they have a running back combo that excites me to know they’re gonna use all their running backs to their advantage. They stand pretty high on my list my whole family are Longhorns fans and I know it wouldn’t be better than coming home to play for Texas, and I know they would agree if that was my decision. They have set the bar high and I know if I decide to go there I will have an opportunity to make a name for myself.”

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Emaree Winston Fonged to Texas.

(247 ranking, etc. borked - On3 stuff below.)

image.thumb.png.15e4a7e0e15421b0a9eb037d439b198e.png

https://247sports.com/Player/emaree-winston-46135650/

image.thumb.png.83859e5b5583013c6573b1261fe130b4.png

Catches the ball with his hands very well. He has very very quick first couple of steps, long arms, uses his body well against defenders and looks to block pretty well. Doesn't have elite top end speed but seems like a guy who could be a complete tight end. 

image.png.2034893aba9807e2e0321ba63420dcf6.png

Has offers from Tennessee, Ohio St, USC, Bama, Utah. Ohio State seems to have had the predictions and he's visited Tennessee a few times already. image.thumb.png.b8c5a5bf93256ddbfc15977e01e60c2f.png

Edited by BurntOrange&White